FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > BATTERED BY A BIGGER,STRONGER AND FASTER SIDE!
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

No use blaming the ref imo, Hull came at us from the off with a hell of a lot more brute strength,power,force and speed! other than the first ten mins,we did compete enough to be in the game,but how many times in the last 3 seasons have we been out of the game before the first 2o mins is up?????? what is this all down too? concentration levels,fitness,experiance, etc etc as it baffles me why we never seem to learn how to start a game in a way that we are not constantly chasing and defending before we can get our first 2 or 3 sets of 6 in!! thought fitzgibbon was outstanding for them tonight,we constantly fail to put and decent pressure on the last tackle and cannot defend the high ball! plus points for me include Adam Clay tonight and his previous 2 games,and if he keeps performing i think he will keep mark henry out of the team!and i am constantly impressed with wild and he has to be the player of the season so far!
onwards and upwards,and id rather see us win next week and get one step closer to wembley than worry about 8th place!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3469
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14584.jpg
[img:2w017k0q]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9237/hullfcsiglo7.gif[/img:2w017k0q]:14584.jpg

Quote: wardleyred "No use blaming the ref imo, Hull came at us from the off with a hell of a lot more brute strength,power,force and speed! other than the first ten mins,we did compete enough to be in the game,but how many times in the last 3 seasons have we been out of the game before the first 2o mins is up?????? what is this all down too? concentration levels,fitness,experiance, etc etc as it baffles me why we never seem to learn how to start a game in a way that we are not constantly chasing and defending before we can get our first 2 or 3 sets of 6 in!! thought fitzgibbon was outstanding for them tonight,we constantly fail to put and decent pressure on the last tackle and cannot defend the high ball! plus points for me include Adam Clay tonight and his previous 2 games,and if he keeps performing i think he will keep mark henry out of the team!and i am constantly impressed with wild and he has to be the player of the season so far!
onwards and upwards,and id rather see us win next week and get one step closer to wembley than worry about 8th place!'"

So would we icon_wink.gif All the best in that game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star26No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Before the start of the game I thought we'd win. I don't think they were outstanding I thought a lot of the times we did it to ourselves. The defence was shocking I mean Sam moa ran through a massive gap in our forwards. We had possibly the slowest Hooker in Anderson for a while. God knows why he wouldn't put smith at 9 and ratch at 6 then Anderson in centres but yano. Thought holdsworth was below average and he just didn't seem to want it at all. Wild was great again and fair play to clay he's showing he wants to stay in the team. You know we might go an d beat kr next week but then lose at bradford. Pour inconsistency is actually terrible Be very very lucky if we finish in top 8

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: walkdenred "Before the start of the game I thought we'd win. I don't think they were outstanding I thought a lot of the times we did it to ourselves. The defence was shocking I mean Sam moa ran through a massive gap in our forwards. We had possibly the slowest Hooker in Anderson for a while. God knows why he wouldn't put smith at 9 and ratch at 6 then Anderson in centres but yano. Thought holdsworth was below average and he just didn't seem to want it at all. Wild was great again and fair play to clay he's showing he wants to stay in the team. You know we might go an d beat kr next week but then lose at bradford. Pour inconsistency is actually terrible Be very very lucky if we finish in top 8'"

I agree totally with your comments Walkdenred! baffles me why when Godwin goes off that we don't put Matty Smith to hooker & let Stef come inside to a more natural position. Anderson was far too slow playing from the hooker position & the 3 missed tackle attempts he made early on were very poor for a player of his standard. We are still so Weak under the high ball every week on the same side & mainly on the 5th tackle, you can see how teams work on us? Holdsworth is not a natural team leader for me, he also needs to take on the line from time to time, we lose the ball a lot has he always appears to want to release even when the pass is not on, this resulted in there try that broke us in the second half.

Now the positives, we recovered well having had 18 points put passed us in 10 minutes, you could take the positive & say the next 70 minutes we won 16-14 but we do need to learn to come out with the the same fire Hull shown in those first 15 minutes, as much as it pains me to say, Gleason seems to be the catalyst he knows where the try line is. Our second half performance was good & we were unlucky when we were well on top to concede the breakaway try which finally killed us off.

Looking forward to next week & I believe we will put right this weeks disappointment.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

For the first time in a long time last night I was ashamed to be a Reds fan. In that first 10 minutes I have never seen a more cowardly display. OK we nuckled down after that but can anyone on here not say that if that had been Leeds, Wigan, Saints or Wire that they wouldn't have just carried on and steamrollered up off the park.
To say we won the last 60/65 minutes is of no importance as within 2 minutes we knew we were going to get beaten.

Who do we blame now though as Alker is not active and SM has gone?? maybe the players just can't be ar$ed some weeks, begs the question if the players can't be ar$ed why should the fans???

RankPostsTeam
International Star310No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A question how many miles do you think you away are we then and miles from what icon_lol.gif

KMT
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach251No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree with the post, the pack we're beaten again tonight. They were much bigger and powerful all across the park. I see that Gibson has now taken Tyrer's mantle as worst back at the club,however its obvious again on this showing he is a winger not a centre. "A player of Andersons standard" this guy is a joke and a cheat! He never looks ar$ed and is conning the club out of a wage. If I was his team mate I would be livid! Get him paid up and fired off now!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Awful start. Decent fightback and for a change a decent superleague game managed to break out between 45 and 55 mins. Then for some reason with an 8 point defecit and the crowd getting into it, we went into kamikaze mode and started throwing the ball out randomly culminating in Hulls interception try which made it game over.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Sober again and oh how bad Friday night looks in my memory, IMO both sides were poor with a couple of moments to light up the game, as the Sky thicko would say majority of the game was an arm wrestle, even Thaler looked totally disinterested for most of the game, letting it sort of flow so he didn't have to blow the whistle and only use it as a very last resort. I retired to the bar and missed our try just before the break, which had the effect of getting me out of the bar again to watch. eusa_think.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

It staggers me how any professional superleague player(s) can miss 3 tackles in the opening 3-4 sets of a game. You could have literally drove a bus through some of those gaps in our defence. icon_surprised.gifops:

A positive for me was that we didn't totally capitulate and we did compete for long periods after that opening horror show.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: theredshed "It staggers me how any professional superleague player(s) can miss 3 tackles in the opening 3-4 sets of a game. You could have literally drove a bus through some of those gaps in our defence.
Did Hull ease up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wardleyred " i think he will keep mark henry out of the team!
i should think so he is awful. All the great wingers and we have henry???

And i am constantly impressed with wild and he has to be the player of the season ??? Ummm no sure

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

The 1st 10 minutes lost us the game, lack of concentraton, focus and the inability to cope with the pressure put on us by Hull Caused us to go 18-0 nill down and realisticly there is no way back from there

We put up a brave fight to get back within touching distance of hull and the players need to be congratulated for that but another brain explosion and a bad play allowed Hull to break away and that was the game.

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3994140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent