JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19616_1264697305.jpg
www.exprest.co.uk 2010 Eric Shaw Prediction League Champion:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19616.jpg

Quote: EX.SALF.UNI "Here's the crux - even in it's most eloquent and well constructed form, all I'm still reading is a list of problems and assumed scapegoats.

The only 'solutions' offered are that 'we need to fix the problems'... Bravo. What do you see as possible/likely solutions then ?
That's assuming that you accept there are problems at the club, and also that they need fixing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: theredshed "As for our squad I don't think the club has spent as much as some of the fans think compared to last year.
'"

The club are now paying the price for massively over-hyping in pre season (We'll definatley make the play offs etc). All this achieved was to raise the expectations of the fans, whereas the extra money we spent this season comapred to other seasons was wasted on signing the first players who became available rather than players we actually needed (with the exception of Patten).

As for other areas of the club, we all know how badly certain areas are run, yet the same people are still in a job. On the subject of marketing, Sale are expecting 20000 on Saturday for their game at the Reebok (also clashes with Utd vs city), whereas we will be lucky to get 3000 in.

When you read comments like Patten's in the MEN you know how bad it has become, yet the club has still not had the decency to issue any sort of statement on the Alker situation.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2066No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4130_1324641515.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4130.jpg

Quote: Jim Jalfrezi "What do you see as possible/likely solutions then ?
That's assuming that you accept there are problems at the club, and also that they need fixing.'"

No magic wand here fella, but let me tease you with a what if or two:

What if we were the fans that did things differently?
What if we engaged with the club, threw our ideas around and chipped in a bit of spare time and effort?
What if we confronted difficulties with support and encouragement?
What if we all brought a mate along to the games?
What if we sang our franchise's positives from the rooftops?
What if we cheered, sang and made the Willows a belting day/night out irrespective of the spectacle on the pitch?
Not just the wonderful few who do this already, but all of us?

Just a thought. Anyway, I'm off to teach the world to sing...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BartonFlyer "I understand that, but the very fact that JW did say he would sell (and ultimately everything is for sale at a certain price!) together with the poor performance of the board as per DR's excellent post does rather point to a bit of a rudderless ship.'"

The ship's gone,only the iceberg's left.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: EX.SALF.UNI "
What if we were the fans that did things differently?
What if we engaged with the club, threw our ideas around and chipped in a bit of spare time and effort?
What if we confronted difficulties with support and encouragement?
What if we all brought a mate along to the games?
What if we sang our franchise's positives from the rooftops?
What if we cheered, sang and made the Willows a belting day/night out irrespective of the spectacle on the pitch?
Not just the wonderful few who do this already, but all of us?

Just a thought. Anyway, I'm off to teach the world to sing...'"

Would actually love this to happen, especially the first 3 on the list, however it works both ways and when there is little or no communication from the club to the fans then it's not hard to see why people are quick to criticise.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

It's quite concerning that there still havnt been a press release about the alker situation, the only reason I can think of is there is negotiations going on and there is nothing to tell.

There are lots of power struggles going on all round the club at present somebody needs to stand up, draw a line in the sand and say as a club we go forward from here.

The money will be the same but the club need to go out and reconnect with the people of salford and the fans that have drifted away. To be honest I feel there is a sence of panic within the club that with the new stadium comming out of the ground its becoming very real that the whole organstion need to go up a level as
There isn't any hiding places anymore on and off the field

Ex salford uni I agree its a two way street tho, I've had dealings with with the club where because of computer systems I've had to wait 2 weeks for various free ticket offers to come into play by then my victims / new supporters ha ha had lost a bit of interest and I had to drag them in, they are still coming now but I had to get into their grill about it.

We as fans do our bit and the club surely can't continue to fluff it up.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9088
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2751.jpg
[img:384wf39t]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/kingoftheshed/salford2.jpg[/img:384wf39t] Les Diables Rouges Originaux - 1934 [color=red:384wf39t][i:384wf39t][b:384wf39t]Founding member of the "Neil Baker is/was/always will be God" Supporters Club (Est. 1985) & still The official No1 (Salford based) Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness - Supporter![/b:384wf39t][/i:384wf39t][/color:384wf39t]:2751.jpg

Quote: EX.SALF.UNI "What if we were the fans that did things differently?
What if we confronted difficulties with support and encouragement?'"

Forever Reds fella? But you see, no ones interested, nobody ever wants to get involved its the same people putting their hands up every time to help the club achieve the things outlined above. With more members you never know some of these things may become reality but there's far to much bluff and bluster amongst our fans to make this happen. We've given the club ideas in the past, we've supported them with time, money and ideas but we're only a small number, more people, more ideas, more input. So will I see you at the next FR meeting / event? icon_wink.gif

FWIW I agree with DR's original post I think he raises good points and issues that need to looked at and what's more he's gone about it in a very constructive way. He's allowed his chance to speak and everyone else is entitled to theirs, nobody's right and nobody's wrong on this point (or any other for that matter, it's an independent fans site after all) but one thing remains, and not wanting to paraphrase politicians, as fans, we're all in it together and lets never forget that, fight on brothers and sisters, fight on!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8119
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16412_1394912803.png
Newham Dockers, London Entry League Champions 2013 //www.newhamdockers.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16412.png

Quote: LoyalFan "Whilst agreeing with a lot of what is said... I also think that we have to look at the fact that we haven't gone down the same path as the likes of Swinton. Our budgets have been poor... yet we are still talked about as being one of the best run clubs in the game..'"

But should that be considered an achievement? It's something of a cliche but to say that you are standing still is really to say that you are going backwards. Well done on keeping the ship afloat in difficult circumstances, but don't we all want to progress?

Quote: LoyalFan "I've read post after post, paragraph after paragraph and point after point over the past few weeks on this forum. Everyone is finger pointing, analysing, over analysing where the club is failing to improve and my conclusion to the problem is very simple . . the club is underfunded to compete with the majority of SL clubs. All the talk about the wrong choice of coaches, when Salford had money and last won the league in 1976 Donald Duck could have coached that team to win the championship! Why did McRae win the Championship with Salford in 2008? He wasn't neccessarily the best coach he simply had the best squad of players in that league.

I've read the comparisons with Castleford but they have bigger gates than us and spend more on their playing squad. As for our squad I don't think the club has spent as much as some of the fans think compared to last year.

What this club lacks more than anything is new money from new investers. Our only hope for the future is if a wealthy knight in shining armour rides into the boardroom when were at Barton. Let's not forget this club has lived beyond it's means for many years because a few board members have bank rolled it. However, my guess is this charity hasn't been as forthcoming in the economic climate of the past three years.'"

Read [iMoneyball[/i by Michael Lewis. You don't need money to compete, it's about how you approach what you do and get value from the resources you have. Re

But you don't disagree with my analysis?

Quote: LoyalFan "No magic wand here fella, but let me tease you with a what if or two

The hardcore have done many of these things for years now: where has it got us? Many of those who were once amongst the most hardcore (skipping work to attend Wednesday night Cup aways in Gateshead ...) have now given up and can no longer bring themselves to attend. Once the hardcore start to give up we are beyond the point of blind faith and endless encouragement.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1647No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38205_1297001224.jpg
Big Pev is my Hero:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38205.jpg

Quote: king of the shed "Forever Reds fella? But you see, no ones interested, nobody ever wants to get involved its the same people putting their hands up every time to help the club achieve the things outlined above. With more members you never know some of these things may become reality but there's far to much bluff and bluster amongst our fans to make this happen. We've given the club ideas in the past, we've supported them with time, money and ideas but we're only a small number, more people, more ideas, more input. So will I see you at the next FR meeting / event?
Well said K.O.T.S. eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif Im behind you brother!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Quote: king of the shed "Forever Reds fella? But you see, no ones interested, nobody ever wants to get involved its the same people putting their hands up every time to help the club achieve the things outlined above. With more members you never know some of these things may become reality but there's far to much bluff and bluster amongst our fans to make this happen. We've given the club ideas in the past, we've supported them with time, money and ideas but we're only a small number, more people, more ideas, more input. So will I see you at the next FR meeting / event?

Parky I'll fight on and always will, but lets face it not everyone is as insane as us. Many of "hardcore" have already given up and quite frankly i can't blame them.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Read Moneyball by Michael Lewis. You don't need money to compete, it's about how you approach what you do and get value from the resources you have. Re: Castleford, why do they get bigger gates than us and why are they able to spend more on their playing squad? Castleford has a population of 40k, Salford has a population of 220k.

Because Salford is not a Rugby League Town, simple answer, and i have been watching since 1967, too much apathy within the city, too many people who can not be bothered to do anything and that is the way it will stay. No matter how successful we become 6000 -7000 is possibly the best we will do.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach386No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I disagree with that personally Bigpev. Potential for bigger support is there, needs real hard work to turn it around. There are plenty around Irlam and Caddishead who support Wire, why? Because they are succesful(ish) and well marketed.

I dont agree with the "build it and they will come" attitude, as originally mentioned we need a full shake up from top to bottom (i personally am not including JW in that) people in with new ideas.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

Quote: Diavolo Rosso "But you don't disagree with my analysis?'"

I do in general mate, yes.

I can't see much difference in where we are now and where we were about 20yrs ago when you (and I) started to follow the club.

The only obvious difference is that now the blame is shared between McRae, Simms, Alker, JAW, et al ..... back then Tarry was the root of all evil.

Maybe your post will mean that he is once again?! Whilst I have nothing against the fella personally, I think you're right about the need for a change at the top.

JAW can't/shouldn't/won't go anywhere, coaches come and go anyway so maybe Tarry needs to be replaced to change our fortunes??

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bigpev "Read Moneyball by Michael Lewis. You don't need money to compete, it's about how you approach what you do and get value from the resources you have. Re

The way you talk pev,we mite as well fold up now,I talk to people who always came, but don't now because they
think the people running the club,are amateurs,you yourself think Mcrae should not be the coach and so do a lot off
other people,yet It looks as If the the board will be having him back so they cannot complain when people keep there
hands in there pocket.'s

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Tarry was to blame for everything for years but always avoided the bullets, then somehow once Simms came on board, it has been him or a long list of coaches who take the flak, meanwhile Tarry sits in his Ivory tower wrapped in kevlar, whilst the club itself hasn't really advanced.

Something isn't right, as pointed out a long list of nobodys have appeared in challenge cup finals, and the likes of Hudds (perenial cellar dwellers like ourselves) are now top of the league and handing Leeds their bootys at Headingley.

So is the chief exec a success for Salford ? I think the number of years he's been here together with our achievements, somewhere there you'll find the answer.

50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.4794921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent