Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3738_1390436317.gif
The referee's indecision is final:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3738.gif

Quote: BartonFlyer "I went expecting to see us get pasted after the Widnes fiasco and 10 minutes in I thought all my worst fears were going to be proved right

In fact I came away disappointed we didn't get the win - on the second half performance I thought we deserved it - Feel desperately sorry for Marc Sneyd - just to get into the first team then get badly injured - I wish him all the best for a full recovery. Do the Hull fans get the award for the least sporting in the league slow handclapping whilst the splints and stretcher came on - miserable gits'"

complete nonsense. the slow clapping was not aimed at the player but the length of time it took to get a stretcher onto the park. once he was lifted the whole ground clapped him off. in fact the same thing happened to your first, lengthy injury. yet when one of our players went down (heremaia - always worrying after his disc injury) i noticed only about half a dozen of your fans applauding him when he got to his feet

you played well though, draw would have been a fair result

RankPostsTeam
International Star203No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53972_1319396138.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53972.jpg

Quote: SCR-SeaDiver "Proud of each and every one of the Salford players - and supporters who attended,today.
Stu Howarth taken out long after he had passed the ball right;Marc Sneyd before he was eventually carried off injured and the appearance of our club doctor on the pitch were all incidents that showed the ignorance of the FC folllowers.We got nothing for the Howarth offence and were penalised 3 times in succession and Stephen Wild had a hand in his face first;then struck in the midriff/upper torso and then the highlight of the day for the FC followers O'Meley put in a flurry of punches,doesn't cause injury,and when he gets 10 minutes and the penalty in favour of FC he gets the loudest applause of the day.( Some gave him a standing ovation !) I thought these NRL players were used to high intensity ?
I don't think the referee has much experience in such a 'cauldron of hate'.Cheering when he was injured just about put the cap on it.They appealed for everything throughout every second of the game.

Any critics of JW should study the last 30 years of FC - Having to sell Crooks and Schofield in the 80's.
Taking over Gateshead in 1999.Owner Lloyd,from Lawn Tennis,locking the gates,etc.rland the latest on 'their' stadiumrl

It must have been very embarrassing for such a big spending club to have the MoM - Tom Lineham - rlon a freebie from Yorkrl signed by the much maligned Richard Agar.

Let's hope our coaching staff are able to do likewise;they're out there !

Massively disappointed - but Proud.
One place higher than last year is still possible and if results do go our way....

We have done very well despite the never ending injuries.

Well done to the coaching staff...the half time talk,after the last minute first half try to Hull,and the inury to Marc,must have been good...

Best wishes to Marc for a full recovery and a successful 2013.'"

Enjoying those sour grapes???? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
It must be tough seeing a young player making his first start for the club tear you a new one, how dare we give young english players a chance in super league!!!

With regards to the match I thought Sidlow was massive for Salford today everytime he took the ball up he looked dangerous getting offload after offload away. You played some good stuff and always looked a danger although our defence left a lot to be desired at times, you took advantage and nearly nicked it at the end (You would have if you didn't blow a 3 v 1 right near the end) good luck for the rest of the season hope you make the playoffs as your attacking brand of rugby is great to watch, also hope Sneyd is ok.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: number 6 "whilst you played some good attacking rugby, holdsworth was the stand out player on the pitch for both teams, the only reason you were that close in the end was some baffling decisions by hicks! credit you took advantage of those decisions and nearly came out winners, as for the slow hand clapping when sneyd was injured it was only a minority and soon ended when they realised it was a serious injury, myself and some fc fans had a go at another fc fan who took great enjoyment in shouting at the officials to get him (sneyd was down injured) off the pitch for holding the game up'"

Baffling decisions? I was sat in the home end and it's fair to say that most of the complaining was because people didn't have a full grasp of the laws of the game. I thought he had a good game, the only thing that had us scratching our heads was the decision to still give you the penalty despite having the man sin binned. But, to be fair, that didn't have a great deal of influence over the final result.

As for the slow handclap and cheering when Sneyd was down, around us the "abuse" was still going on when the stretcher appeared and he was being put on it. However, the fact that the loudest cheer of the day was for the referee being injured says a hell of a lot more. Even your mascot was lying on his back, waving his legs in the air to take the p*ss. Really, really classy. The fact that we were close to scoring when he first went down and your lot were more interested in his misfortune is utterly baffling.

Quote: number 6 "I really do feel sorry for you I'm afraid. If anyone could be the epitome of a blinkered fan then I'm afraid your it. Your praising the 100 or so fans that went today (Massive effort
We counted 85. If you add on the three of us in the home end and then tick off Wilky, directors, Simms and anyone else coming under the "club official" tag then we might just have scraped three figures.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3796
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22482_1402863561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22482.jpg

The penalty had already been given to Hull for holding down in the tackle. O'Meley lashed out afterwards.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach842No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Ken Gill could make the ball talk.:

I thought we turned up yesterday and gave it a really good go. We could so easily have won. We bombed a couple of chances and had a golden opportunity to win when Jodie Broughton broke with five minutes or so to go.

I have to say that some of the referee's decisions were baffling. He seemed to see things that nobody else managed to see!

We still make silly errors from time to time though. If only we could cut those out......

I thought that Adam Sidlow made a big difference yesterday and that he stood out in our pack. He made good yards and managed a couple of good offloads. When we moved the ball wide we caused all kinds of problems for Hull and I hope we try to do more of this now the top eighth seems beyond us.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1841
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47943_1488655163.jpg
http://flightsandfrustration.com/ It is "Fifita" not "Fafita" If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed. Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time. Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47943.jpg

I normally find the Hull fans very sporting at matches. However, the ones around and near me who booed and jeered during the Snyed, Howarth and ref incidents really didn't endear themselves to the good of the game.

Whilst everyone saw different things, what I saw and heard was not respectful. Shouting out "there's nothing wrong with him, get on with it" is hardly correct when a physio is holding someone's head whilst he is laid motionless or the ground. Nor is it appropriate when someone is being strapped into a stretcher. The slow clapping and jeering around me was not respectful.

The cheering at the ref when he fell over is fair enough. Once you realise he is actually hurt is when I think the joke is over. Still baffled as to why he wanted to carry on though for another set.

We all saw and heard different things. What I heard was not typical of Hull's sporting nature; which is a great shame.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Quote: The Mighty Fc "Enjoying those sour grapes???? icon_whisper.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Quote: Goochie "For the Sneyd injury as soon as he went down you could tell he was pretty badly injured, I think the clapping was more because a couple of Salford players had gone down for a while not long before and the physios and doctors had taken ages to get on for them and then when the kid went down a physio came on, waited a while then a doctor came, and the whole incident took far longer than it needed to.'"

Is it not the responsibility of the home club to provide the stretcher ? ( Trawled the RFL site cannot find the appropriate bit )
It took an aeon and must have impressed the FC Under 15 and 16's who were in the stadium.

No surprise that the RFL ban our player,who was the victim of 3 strikes,and only fine O'Meley.
Our injury depleted squad mustn't have sustained enough losses for them.
Once again it is one rule for most clubs and a different agenda for FC. eusa_naughty.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2927
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SCR-SeaDiver "Is it not the responsibility of the home club to provide the stretcher ? ( Trawled the RFL site cannot find the appropriate bit )
It took an aeon and must have impressed the FC Under 15 and 16's who were in the stadium.

No surprise that the RFL ban our player,who was the victim of 3 strikes,and only fine O'Meley.
Our injury depleted squad mustn't have sustained enough losses for them.
Once again it is one rule for most clubs and a different agenda for FC.
Would you like some dip for that chip on your shoulder?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png

Quote: Panda92 "Would you like some dip for that chip on your shoulder?'"

Hardly a chip on my shoulder - I note the punishment has now altered.
With regard to the one rule I won't attempt to re-write history,or re-read it,but I can easily recall the ineligible
player in the Challenge Cup;FC managed to reach Wembley,that year,and the kudos and financial reward from that and more recently bringing the sport into disrepute with the woeful attempt to cover up the little matter concerning WADA.
Still,any club with 10,000 qualified referees and medical practitioners who can assess injury and appropriate treatment in a matter of seconds obviously deserve special treatment from the RFL.( As at Bradford 10k through the turnstiles seems the magical number )
What the referee didn't see the panel apparently did ! An inspirational captain who refused to be intimidated and that is his reward after 3 separate attempts at him.
I was only at Hull for a Super League game a matter of weeks ago.Passionate,noisy,biased supporters.No complaints from me.They didn't like the referee either - but they have more class and a modicum of decency.

44 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
44 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.01416015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
The Speculat
12m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
13m