JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72726_1403012956.gif
Not associated with any professional rugby club or news publication.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72726.gif

I thought we were assured and confident and gave Wigan a decent game for the first 60 minutes. I always sensed Wigan would come back though and they did. We practically gave up for the last 20 minutes that was disappointing.

Our wingers get little or no service from our centres and this seems to be our big problem as a team. I suspect our wingers have scored fewer tries than wingers of any other team in Super League. Griffin and Sau are possibly the two least mobile centres in the League. They have no pace or sidestep and Harris seems to use them as extra props. Sarginson is much smaller than them but very mobile and pacey and was real danger to us tonight. Rumour is Sau is leaving when his contract expires and from what we've seen this season I suspect he wont be massively missed.

Rangi was very very good at fullback but I thought it was a strange one. Judging from Harris' post match comments he seems to be wanting to show everyone that he can put Theo Rangi and Dobson on the pitch all at once. It seems to me that he may be doing this just to show Theo that he does have a future in the team. To me this is wrong and I dont agree with it. Maybe I am overthinking it but any decison such as this should not cost Niall Evalds his place in the team as Evalds has been our best player this year in my opinion. Decisions such as this should be tactical not contractual. Maybe Im overthinking it though.

Also, Hull KRs stunning win against Warrington will now give them confidence and it seems inevitable we will finish bottom two. Does this mean we will have less home games in the Middle 8s? If so, that wont help.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I wasn't at the game but dropping Evalds is daft.
Just swapping one problem for another,whilst probably not even solving the Theo issue.
I stress I wasn't there,but it sounds political and possibly not Harris' call ??

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5852
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Ahh Tesco Building St Helens & Warrington's future Destroying Wigans past "Viva Ben Flower, Viva Ben Flower, could have won the cup but you Messed it up Viva Ben Flower":

How did Tasi do in his first game back?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: Rommel "How did Tasi do in his first game back?'"

Very poor and showed he wont be missed. The Wigan Pacific Islander a real handful though. Think Saints have signed the wrong one!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg

Quote: Bonita Red "I wasn't at the game but dropping Evalds is daft.
Just swapping one problem for another,whilst probably not even solving the Theo issue.
I stress I wasn't there,but it sounds political and possibly not Harris' call ??'"

Before the game I thought the way you suggested BR. However I think its a master stroke. Time & again Rangi linked creating space for others to go through holes. Quite excited how this plan may work over the next few weeks.

As for Evalds - he wasnt dropped - merely rested and came on during the match to change the focus of attack. Remember he`s had a tough year without any time off & surely very much a part of the clubs future.

Few have the attacking ability of Rangi & credit to Harris for being bold enough to make the change.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg

Quote: MarioRugby "I thought we were assured and confident and gave Wigan a decent game for the first 60 minutes. I always sensed Wigan would come back though and they did. We practically gave up for the last 20 minutes that was disappointing.

Our wingers get little or no service from our centres and this seems to be our big problem as a team. I suspect our wingers have scored fewer tries than wingers of any other team in Super League. Griffin and Sau are possibly the two least mobile centres in the League. They have no pace or sidestep and Harris seems to use them as extra props. Sarginson is much smaller than them but very mobile and pacey and was real danger to us tonight. Rumour is Sau is leaving when his contract expires and from what we've seen this season I suspect he wont be massively missed.

Rangi was very very good at fullback but I thought it was a strange one. Judging from Harris' post match comments he seems to be wanting to show everyone that he can put Theo Rangi and Dobson on the pitch all at once. It seems to me that he may be doing this just to show Theo that he does have a future in the team. To me this is wrong and I dont agree with it. Maybe I am overthinking it but any decison such as this should not cost Niall Evalds his place in the team as Evalds has been our best player this year in my opinion. Decisions such as this should be tactical not contractual. Maybe Im overthinking it though.

Also, Hull KRs stunning win against Warrington will now give them confidence and it seems inevitable we will finish bottom two. Does this mean we will have less home games in the Middle 8s? If so, that wont help.'"

A better write up than normal Neil & your sub editor needs sacking for turning your normal column into one line quotes.

I thought the same re the Pies comeback but lets be fair here the defence for the first 60 minutes was fantastic and the best seen this season. The lads were knackered.

Absolutely nothing seen from the much talked about George Williams & it was a single one man `par excellence` show from Matty Bowen last night which won it for Wigan.

Personally I would not mind seeing Junior go. Lovely lad but Johnson is getting no service from him at all & there are far more creative (& cheaper) options about. Griffin though is a different kettle of fish. He looked whacked at the end and does try & give his winger the ball. Oh for another Joel Moon in the side - no wonder Hall gets so many tries.

Finally ALL 3 Wigan tries came from kicks/Up & Unders and that shows the effect of the Salford midfield tackling. The first try - Burgess was 2 yards off side (we were level with play) - the second try was very, very lucky and the last try would not have been given by a Video ref - one of the officials too had that view but was over ruled 2:1. We`ll be OK.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

Thought we were poor with the ball. Plenty of unforced errors. Frustrating really as Wigan were there for the taking. Fantastic defence and team spirit though.

It was concerning to see Harris say after the game that Chase, Fages and Dobson must all be in the side. I hope this doesn't mean a prolonged spell on the sideline for Evalds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Spot on EB. I'm extremely confident that if we have our best players on the field for the middle 8 playoffs we have absolutely nothing to worry about. Credit to Wigan I think most teams in SL would have been out of sight the way we played in that first hour. It was pleasing to see us force Wigan into so many errors in that first half with the intensity of our defence. It's just a shame our energy levels dropped off a little in that last quarter giving Wigan the momentum.

RankPostsTeam
International Star193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Didn't Dobson pick up another bad injury?, they said he could barely walk at one point?

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: Talent Spotter "It was concerning to see Harris say after the game that Chase, Fages and Dobson must all be in the side. I hope this doesn't mean a prolonged spell on the sideline for Evalds.'"

Looking at the Twitter account I took it to mean that Chase,Fages and Dobson could all be on the field at the same time - and all play together.I did not take it to mean that Evalds would have to miss out.

Would I be right in thinking that Noble signing Sau is NOT 'box office',then?

Is Chase playing better under the coaching of Harris than he was under Noble?

Is the team spirit good despite the off-field murmurings of financial problems as this would mean Harris is doing a good job with the players despite being at yet another club where off-field issues impact?

Despite leading for 50 minutes Salford lost.When was the last time Salford did the double over Wigan?

If Wane and Harris are not bosom buddies why does Mario seem to side with Wane?

RankPostsTeam
International Star193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Any injury news on Dobson?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Harris said post match that one player picked up a knock but it wasn't Dobson.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3738
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4067_1617434324.jpeg
1998,2010,2013,2016,2018 & 2023.....I was there ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4067.jpeg

Quote: Early Bath "A better write up than normal Neil & your sub editor needs sacking for turning your normal column into one line quotes.

I thought the same re the Pies comeback but lets be fair here the defence for the first 60 minutes was fantastic and the best seen this season. The lads were knackered.

Absolutely nothing seen from the much talked about George Williams & it was a single one man `par excellence` show from Matty Bowen last night which won it for Wigan.

Personally I would not mind seeing Junior go. Lovely lad but Johnson is getting no service from him at all & there are far more creative (& cheaper) options about. Griffin though is a different kettle of fish. He looked whacked at the end and does try & give his winger the ball. Oh for another Joel Moon in the side - no wonder Hall gets so many tries.

Finally ALL 3 Wigan tries came from kicks/Up & Unders and that shows the effect of the Salford midfield tackling. The first try - Burgess was 2 yards off side (we were level with play) - the second try was very, very lucky and the last try would not have been given by a Video ref - one of the officials too had that view but was over ruled 2
George Williams wasn't able to do much as per your self proclaimed fantastic defence nullified him. Can i just point out that the game was full of if's and but's and if Wigan had taken their chances in the first half then they would have been 24pts clear, but we didn't! and if you had defended the three kicks we put in then you might have won but....you didn't.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Has anyone watched the highlights? why did the ref ignore the in-goal touch judge on their last try, hes right infront of it...

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

He didn't ignore him, he disagreed with him and went to the touchie - touchie agreed with the ref 2 v 1 - try given!

Watching it last night I was pretty sure it should have been a drop out, ball wasn't grounded and we knocked it dead - watching the highlights I'm now not at all sure either way!

17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.44189453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
matt_wire
14m
Recruitment rumours and links
Philth
14m