Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15722.jpg
:15722.jpg

If they allocated a free hotdog with the ticket then they would be on a winner.
Most kids I saw were either eating or on their phones with no interest at all in the game.
If some decide to come back then good, but judging by the fact that a lot of them had gone by about 60 mins does not bode well.
Bradford on a Friday night is not the game to pick for newbies to attend on free tickets.
The delay meant that most would not get home till around 10:30 pm and with young kids that is a late.
Put out freebies for a game on a Saturday afternoon against Warrington Leeds or Saints now the football season has finished, and see then what the interest is and if they return.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

I can't quite put my finger on what I feel is missing at Salford. Is it the stadium, team, something else or all? I know the team needs strengthening and will be strengthened but the place lacks soul and I don't feel the adrenaline, spirit or atmosphere I've felt in the past. Lets hope for a few top quality signings to support the Red Devils name change. Hopefully this will help to get the buzz back amongst the fans next year.

I know it's been said before but the majority of the vocal support behind the posts, rather than the sideline doesn't help imo.

RankPostsTeam
International Star36No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I may be in a minority of one, but I thought there was a real buzz in the stadium last night. There were loads of families in the West stand and, hopefully, some will come back. One point about encouraging people to attend. The Bradford mascot, Bullman, made a real effort to get the Salford kids to boo him. They were lapping it up and he was acting up for all he was worth. Neville needs to look to his laurels!
As for the game, it was great shame we couldn't put on a winning display, but that's sport for you. Nobody could have planned for Bradford's traffic problem and Chris Nero's injury (hope it's not as bad as it looked). And anyway, I thought our defence looked far better than it has looked. Still not good enough, but Bradford had to rely on some luck and a lot of hard work to score.
Overall, disappointing but not the end of the world. Well done Dr Koukash for a great promotion and for getting out there and selling it!

RankPostsTeam
International Star179No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The club are in a difficult position they cannot just right the season off like most supporters.What we witnessed last night,and the car parking situation[although last night was better] and not allot of money about will not have people rushing back. Although not wanting to wish anybody's time away the best we can hope for,is the season over and see who we get in for the next next campaign and take it from there.It will be a lot better when the club are in a position to name names,as to who we are getting,also last night at the game I was talking to a guy who goes to watch Sale,he was telling me the season ticket as gone up by £50 for next year.

RankPostsTeam
International Star46No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tonyXIII "I may be in a minority of one, but I thought there was a real buzz in the stadium last night. There were loads of families in the West stand and, hopefully, some will come back. One point about encouraging people to attend. The Bradford mascot, Bullman, made a real effort to get the Salford kids to boo him. They were lapping it up and he was acting up for all he was worth. Neville needs to look to his laurels!
As for the game, it was great shame we couldn't put on a winning display, but that's sport for you. Nobody could have planned for Bradford's traffic problem and Chris Nero's injury (hope it's not as bad as it looked). And anyway, I thought our defence looked far better than it has looked. Still not good enough, but Bradford had to rely on some luck and a lot of hard work to score.
Overall, disappointing but not the end of the world. Well done Dr Koukash for a great promotion and for getting out there and selling it!'"

Your not the only one I agree with what you have said 100%. Well done the good doctor. I went on my own on friday but I might bring my young daughter next time.

We could improve the experience a few things for kids but lets stay positive.

As a dad it easier for me to get to a game if I can take the kids and it does not burn a hole in my pocket.

I personally would indtroduce an option to pay an extra £10 on an adult season ticket to add a child under ten. It would encourage me to purchase a season ticket mean I can take my kids that are under 10, as they won't go all the time.

I can bring my older lad on a junior devils season ticket. I dont get moaned at by the other half for leaving the kids with her while I go out.

I think the work being done around gorton by salford will have a massive effect in the future for rugby league. You can see the level of interest that is being generated in the afrocaribbean community growing. May be Nigeria vs Jamica will be played in an other 10 years at our stadium in a future world cup.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Quote: WorsleyRed "I think the work being done around gorton by salford will have a massive effect in the future for rugby league. You can see the level of interest that is being generated in the afrocaribbean community growing. May be Nigeria vs Jamica will be played in an other 10 years at our stadium in a future world cup.'"

Excellent post,WR.
It is a bit disappointing Jamaica didn't make the World Cup but there is a Salford connection which may be beneficial.
When Karl Harrison was in charge he brought Dean Thomas in as conditioner.rlCirca 2007rl
Dean Thomas then went on to be Jamaica national coach rl2009-2011rl
He was also at Sheffield Eagles doing great work in the community involving this rlunique and brilliant effortrl
I am sure he will be well informed as to who may well be worth taking a look at with regard to Jamaican origin players
and/or organise a pre-season game/out of cup game in the future.
He is now back coaching at rlLeicester Stormrl

19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.50830078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leeds
Benny Profan
3m
Round 16 London Home
KaeruJim
8m