JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36819_1328648313.jpg
WELSH RUGBY LEAGUE - PRIDE & PASSION IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36819.jpg

As Phipps has touched on Wales union international day in Wales is a big thing.

Thousands will decend on the capital to literally have a few drinks, watch Scotland-Wales at 5pm and continue drinking afterwards. Most of these people will come in to the centre on the train.

If the RFL have an ounce of sense they will get some kind of advertising, promotional activity smack bang in front of central station to target these fans as they come out of the station. Not a lot has been done down here with regard to advertising to date but this could more than work.

Don't get me wrong most will want to watch the union games and stay in the pub, some will ignore the advert/promotion completely but if we make it clear that you can go in and pass out at any point (key point to emphasise being they can get back to the pub to watch the Scotland-Wales game at 5pm) then I think we could shift a lot more tickets to South Wales fans and even more importantly new fans to the sport.

I think the benefits of a large electronic advert or even women in catsuits with a banner and leaflets stood directly outside the station where the thousands of fans are bottle necked would far outweigh the cost. It's not as if these fans will be watching live sport that day and will in the main spend it in the pub. Most are 5 minutes away from the stadium so offering the chance to watch live rugby, billing the Saints-Wigan game as the big one, for as little as £17.50 would see quite a few taking up the option in my opinion.

What do others think?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach706No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Nov 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: crucrucrusaders "What do others think?'"

I think you're spot on with this. When I lived in Cardiff, I remember wondering down to the shops, realising Wales were playing that day, due to all the people milling about and stumping up a fiver to get in. There'll be plenty of people who won't have a clue that Millennium Magic is on, who would be happy to spend the day watching a few RL games. Same for Sunday.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5788.jpg
[url]www.shecouldneverspell.blogspot.com[/url]:5788.jpg

Totally agree...you emailed the rfl?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2873No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8762_1295775855.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8762.jpg

According to The Sun there's only been 24,000 tickets sold for the event, and one UK based club has sold less than 100 tickets. I know its The Sun but still.....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1632No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43009_1297175231.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43009.jpg

There's so much that could be done to generate interest or increase the gate. With Magic weekend, Wales RU match and it Valentines weekend, Cardiff is going to be heaving. Personally, I'd have thought a campaign tying Magic with Valentines Day would be good as a sub-promotion. You've got all the derbies going on, so you've got a Romeo and Juliet, House of Montague and Capulet vibe there. You could have a 'Big screen' outside central station showing a 30 second ad, which has a narrator reading the prologue of the play with dramatic images of two 'star-crossed lovers' falling in love against the wishes of their fans and clips of a derby game. Bit of dramatic orchestral music, that sort of thing.

But, considering the top tier and North Stand won't be open, reducing the capacity to around 25k, I doubt the RFL will be doing anything extravagent.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach446No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43987.jpg
//arugbyleagueobsession.blogspot.com/:43987.jpg

Quote: Derwent "According to The Sun there's only been 24,000 tickets sold for the event, and one UK based club has sold less than 100 tickets. I know its The Sun but still.....'"

As opposed to what at the equivalent time last year? I haven't bought mine yet but then i live in cardiff so i'm assuming i can pop to the ticket office.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach446No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43987.jpg
//arugbyleagueobsession.blogspot.com/:43987.jpg

Quote: Chorlton RL "There's so much that could be done to generate interest or increase the gate. With Magic weekend, Wales RU match and it Valentines weekend, Cardiff is going to be heaving. Personally, I'd have thought a campaign tying Magic with Valentines Day would be good as a sub-promotion. You've got all the derbies going on, so you've got a Romeo and Juliet, House of Montague and Capulet vibe there. You could have a 'Big screen' outside central station showing a 30 second ad, which has a narrator reading the prologue of the play with dramatic images of two 'star-crossed lovers' falling in love against the wishes of their fans and clips of a derby game. Bit of dramatic orchestral music, that sort of thing.

But, considering the top tier and North Stand won't be open, reducing the capacity to around 25k, I doubt the RFL will be doing anything extravagent.'"

You make some good points. Either way there will b some good banter with the union fans as always!

Not sure how you've worked out 25k capacity though. It's a 74k stadium and most of two tiers are open. There is no way that the top tier and the north stand count for nearly 50k seats.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2464No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50156_1266757028.jpg
[b:6jl68bf5][quote="Damo-Leeds":6jl68bf5]Please tell me what a coach’s job is.[/quote:6jl68bf5] [/b:6jl68bf5] [quote="Matt89":6jl68bf5]phipps knows best (everything about rugby league) so don't disagree!!!![/quote:6jl68bf5] [quote="Huddersfield1895 AKA dally messenger":6jl68bf5] Having read the article several times I'm still confused[/quote:6jl68bf5] [quote="Damo-Leeds":6jl68bf5]I shall keep posting on this thread and derail it as much as I want to.[/quote:6jl68bf5] [b:6jl68bf5][quote="PHIPPS":6jl68bf5]Sadly for Wigan as soon as Maguire gets an offer from an NRL club he will be on the plane home before you can say 'meat and potato pie'[/quote:6jl68bf5] [/b:6jl68bf5] [quote="Conorgiantsfan":6jl68bf5]I like you Phipps. I like your style.[/quote:6jl68bf5] [quote="Chorlton RL":6jl68bf5]As far as gauging the potential in the South West, I'd have thought the rumoured Wembley international double-header at the end of the season would be good way to do this. [/quote:6jl68bf5] [quote="Conorgiantsfan":6jl68bf5]You really annoy me. Like genital warts, but worse.[/quote:6jl68bf5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50156.jpg

Quote: crucrucrusaders "As Phipps has touched on Wales union international day in Wales is a big thing.

Thousands will decend on the capital to literally have a few drinks, watch Scotland-Wales at 5pm and continue drinking afterwards. Most of these people will come in to the centre on the train.

If the RFL have an ounce of sense they will get some kind of advertising, promotional activity smack bang in front of central station to target these fans as they come out of the station. Not a lot has been done down here with regard to advertising to date but this could more than work.

Don't get me wrong most will want to watch the union games and stay in the pub, some will ignore the advert/promotion completely but if we make it clear that you can go in and pass out at any point (key point to emphasise being they can get back to the pub to watch the Scotland-Wales game at 5pm) then I think we could shift a lot more tickets to South Wales fans and even more importantly new fans to the sport.

I think the benefits of a large electronic advert or even women in catsuits with a banner and leaflets stood directly outside the station where the thousands of fans are bottle necked would far outweigh the cost. It's not as if these fans will be watching live sport that day and will in the main spend it in the pub. Most are 5 minutes away from the stadium so offering the chance to watch live rugby, billing the Saints-Wigan game as the big one, for as little as £17.50 would see quite a few taking up the option in my opinion.

What do others think?'"

I think from what I know from my time living in South Wales rugby union is the only game that matters down there and that will always be the case.

South Walians had a chance to follow RL when the Celtic Crusaders were in Bridgend. Bridgend was very well situated to attract Rugby supporters from not just the Cardiff Blues catchment areas but also from the Ospreys and Scarlets. Even Newport (home of the Newport Gwent Dragons) is not that far away.

Yet as we know the rugby supporting public of South Wales weren't in the slightest bit interested.

Rugby is almost a religion in South Wales. In days gone by it was said that the only way to get a job out of the mines was to either play rugby or sing in a male voice choir. The Welsh love their rugby union. A campaign in Cardiff to get them to be interested in RL would be about as effective as Sale sharks advertising outside Old Trafford on Grand final day.

Quote: crucrucrusaders "
I think the benefits of a large electronic advert or even women in catsuits with a banner and leaflets stood directly outside the station where the thousands of fans are bottle necked would far outweigh the cost. '"

There is really only a bottleneck at Cardiff Central when you are trying to leave Cardiff. Lanes are set up to correspond with the particular train services (Rhondda, Cynon Valley, Newport, London, Merthyr, Manchester, Swansea) and BTP usually make you line up outside in your correct row to avoid hundreds of drunken people all piling onto the platforms at once. It's very well managed too although having to line up outside can be annoying if it's raining...and 99% of the time in Wales it IS.

Arriving in Cardiff you generally just exit the station immediately and are just across the road in Greggs buying a steak slice within 5 mins of your train arriving at Caerdydd Canolog (bit of Welsh for you there) so your 'women in catsuits hanging around outside the station' idea is a bit of a waste of time.

Unless they are forced to wear tight fitting white T shirts of course. It WILL be cold and it WILL be raining in Cardiff. As always.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4245No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36819_1328648313.jpg
WELSH RUGBY LEAGUE - PRIDE & PASSION IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36819.jpg

Phipps,

They are rugby fans first and foremost with the international team playing hundreds of miles away along with the local regional team that weekend.

You say that Cardiff Central train leavers do not bottle neck. I move through the same ticket barriers every day along with thousands of others and have been approached by dancing noses handing out tissues, tiger tiger staff handing out leaflets weekly and various other weird and wacky ideas aimed at the 'non bottlenecked' punters.

The picture shows 4 sets of doors, three of which are dead central ahead of the main ticket barriers. There are two to the left but the outer doors are used very little and are sometimes locked. Anyway my point is most come through these doors and if we target this area which people must walk across to get to restaurants, work and various pubs and clubs we will benefit. If anybody that lives and works in Cardiff can verify this to be the case that would be appreciated.

Fans going home will not be as important as they will have already missed a days rugby and if they haven't taken up the offer on day one to take the going home option they probably won't return so it's better to target new fans with a straight head (at the time) and full wallets.

If the RFL move quickly they will be able to appeal to 70,000 plus watching Wales-England in the city this coming Friday. I'd go as far as getting leaflets advertising the event and pointing them to ticketline on Westgate Street that will be selling the tickets.

Come on RFL, do this one thing and you will reap the rewards.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4245No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36819_1328648313.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything expensive just a couple of said women/men holding up a large banners that people leaving the station need to pass by or even under.

Get the message out to people. If they are already out and about they are looking for a good day anyway and this would basically be giving them the option.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2464No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50156_1266757028.jpg
[b:6jl68bf5][quote="Damo-Leeds":6jl68bf5]Please tell me what a coach’s job is.[/quote:6jl68bf5] [/b:6jl68bf5] [quote="Matt89":6jl68bf5]phipps knows best (everything about rugby league) so don't disagree!!!![/quote:6jl68bf5] [quote="Huddersfield1895 AKA dally messenger":6jl68bf5] Having read the article several times I'm still confused[/quote:6jl68bf5] [quote="Damo-Leeds":6jl68bf5]I shall keep posting on this thread and derail it as much as I want to.[/quote:6jl68bf5] [b:6jl68bf5][quote="PHIPPS":6jl68bf5]Sadly for Wigan as soon as Maguire gets an offer from an NRL club he will be on the plane home before you can say 'meat and potato pie'[/quote:6jl68bf5] [/b:6jl68bf5] [quote="Conorgiantsfan":6jl68bf5]I like you Phipps. I like your style.[/quote:6jl68bf5] [quote="Chorlton RL":6jl68bf5]As far as gauging the potential in the South West, I'd have thought the rumoured Wembley international double-header at the end of the season would be good way to do this. [/quote:6jl68bf5] [quote="Conorgiantsfan":6jl68bf5]You really annoy me. Like genital warts, but worse.[/quote:6jl68bf5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50156.jpg

Quote: crucrucrusaders "Phipps,

They are rugby fans first and foremost with the international team playing hundreds of miles away along with the local regional team that weekend.

You say that Cardiff Central train leavers do not bottle neck. I move through the same ticket barriers every day along with thousands of others and have been approached by dancing noses handing out tissues, tiger tiger staff handing out leaflets weekly and various other weird and wacky ideas aimed at the 'non bottlenecked' punters.

The picture shows 4 sets of doors, three of which are dead central ahead of the main ticket barriers. There are two to the left but the outer doors are used very little and are sometimes locked. Anyway my point is most come through these doors and if we target this area which people must walk across to get to restaurants, work and various pubs and clubs we will benefit. If anybody that lives and works in Cardiff can verify this to be the case that would be appreciated.

Fans going home will not be as important as they will have already missed a days rugby and if they haven't taken up the offer on day one to take the going home option they probably won't return so it's better to target new fans with a straight head (at the time) and full wallets.

If the RFL move quickly they will be able to appeal to 70,000 plus watching Wales-England in the city this coming Friday. I'd go as far as getting leaflets advertising the event and pointing them to ticketline on Westgate Street that will be selling the tickets.

Come on RFL, do this one thing and you will reap the rewards.'"

Have to disagree with you about the 'Rugby Fans first and foremost' bit crucru.

In my opinion (although I don't live in Wales anymore and I'm not Welsh) from what I've seen in the area regarding Rugby its Union or nothing in South Wales. By all means if they want to try advertising MM then good luck to them but I honestly can't see anything coming from it, well certainly no big interest anyway.

I havent left Cardiff Central station during the rush hour (which maybe you are referring to) so maybe things are different then.

And on a Saturday most people get off at Queen Street anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4245No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36819_1328648313.jpg

I disagree. For matches the nearest station to the pubs and more importantly the ground is central and will be the more busy of the two.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2464No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50156_1266757028.jpg

Quote: crucrucrusaders "I disagree. For matches the nearest station to the pubs and more importantly the ground is central and will be the more busy of the two.'"

Well yes but on Saturday most people tend to use Queen St.

And another important fact is that trains from places such as the Rhondda, the Cynon Valley, Pontypridd and Merthyr (which if I dare say it will be carrying a lot of your potential target audience) go through Queen St before they arrive at Central. I would suggest most of the passengers on Saturday will get off there.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4245No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36819_1328648313.jpg

No reason why a simple leaflet handing/banner/electronic advert board could not be used at both.

As I say I think it could work.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2464No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50156_1266757028.jpg

Quote: crucrucrusaders "No reason why a simple leaflet handing/banner/electronic advert board could not be used at both.

As I say I think it could work.'"

You are assuming that people that are travelling down on the Arriva Trains service from the 'Vaaa-Leeees' can read. Or even want to read.

All that will be important to them will be the following (in order)

1. Getting off the train for a P*ss. ASAP. It will have been just under an hour since they got on, they will have been on the cans since Troedyrhiw or Aberdare (not including the cans they had in the pub before they left) and will be busting for the toilet.

2 Getting off at Queen St means avoiding the Police that will be on duty at central seeing as a lot of them will probably be wanted on warrant for something.

3. They may have some fake tanned covered, dyed haired, muffin topped young ladies with them (who all seem to wear Welsh RU jerseys 3 times too small for them) whose sole aim will also to get off the train for a p*ss, to avoid the Police at Central and then to go to Primark before heading for the Walkabout or the Prince of Wales (via McDonalds) The girls will be hungry as it will have been just over an hour since they had a Peters steak and kidney pie and large chips.

They will all just want to drink, put on a glittery Welsh cowboy hat and then watch the Welsh RU team play a game that they dont really understand whilst getting bladdered. Followed by a fight, a kebab and then throw it all back up in the gutter at midnight before catching a train home...unless they spend the night in hospital or in the custody suite at Canton cop shop.

Tidy rugby day day Init butt.

34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.89501953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
weaver93
31m
Saints h
moto748
49m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
56m
Cas
the-bearded-
Recent
Bradford
BigTime
Recent
Round 17 Warrington Away
Once were Lo
Recent
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
Rixy
Recent
Salford - Away
Riderofthepa
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
Riderofthepa
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
This site is crap
FGB
1m
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
2m
Bradford Away 140724
Trojan Horse
2m
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
Riderofthepa
3m
Salford - Away
Riderofthepa
3m
Sackings
SFW
3m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
weaver93
5m
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
5m
York v Dons Sunday 14th July 2024 3pm
Kick and cha
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Warriors Extend League Lead with Derby Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Ashton extends contract
chris2925
TODAY
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Sackings
SFW
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
FIL
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
the-bearded-
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Once were Lo
TODAY
Saints h
moto748
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
TODAY
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
TODAY
Wakefield H
Bullseye
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,500 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
17:30
Catalans
v
Salford
 TOMORROW
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Fri 12th Jul
NRL 19 Cronulla58-6Wests
SL 17 LondonB20-34Castleford
WSL2024 8 WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL 17 Wigan16-12St.Helens
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 443 182 261 28
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 17 441 186 255 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 17 280 455 -175 11
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 17 176 649 -473 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10