FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Why England/GB need to win a major trophy.. and fast!
42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4389No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Dec 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45452.jpg
[i:2v2cei1t]'You put your Wendell in, You take your Brownie out, You put your Bennett in, And you make it to the 8, You do the Oki Chokie, And you get knocked out, Thats what St George are about' [/i:2v2cei1t] [quote="dally messenger":2v2cei1t]parra had no ball and still looked like scoring all the time[/quote:2v2cei1t] [quote="The Chief":2v2cei1t]What a knob Barrie MacKenzie is.[/quote:2v2cei1t] [quote="gutterfax":2v2cei1t]I like Bazza. He chose the name of a cross dressing Austalian institutions other persona.....and is your typical Aussie w@nker living in London whilst he tries to get some culture by visiting Prague to get pi55ed on Cheap Star, getting a fondle from a dodgy hooker in amsterdam and eating a snail for a bet when in paris. All of these things will make him a cultural icon when his visa runs out and he is sent the way of his great grandparents....alas, not in chains this time.[/quote:2v2cei1t] NEW COMPETITION COMING SOON!! YOU COULD BE THE NEXT BARRY McKENZIE!! WATCH THIS SPACE!! Barry McKenzie can be contacted at aussielegendbaz@gmail.com:45452.jpg

Rugby League in the UK will always sadly be regarded as the poorer relation of Rugby Union.

Unless you live somewhere near Leeds, Manchester or Hull there is a very real chance you will probably have hardly ever heard of the game.

Every time it's on the TV (unless its a big game like Wigan v St Helens) you are greeted with rows and rows of empty seats and less atmosphere than you find in outer space. It looks shocking on TV.. god knows how bad it must be to actually pay and experience it 'live'.

The Crusaders v Catalans game is on TV right now. If you added up all the players and all the Police that seem to be in the ground they would out number the crowd.

Yesterdays offering was Warrington v Huddersfield. Slightly more fans but still a very sp crowd.

Harlequins v Saints. I shudder to think how many have gone along.

Bath v Leeds Carnegie was on yesterday on telly. Massive crowd, great atmosphere.

Barry McKenzie thinks England/GB need to win a major trophy.

AND FAST.

Unless the game of Rugby League can do something to increase the general publics perception of it then surely the game is doomed.

Look at the interest in cricket after England won the Ashes.

Or athletics and other Olympic sports after GB did well at the Beijing Olympics.

The one small problem regarding England/GB winning a major trophy in footy is the standard of the opposition.

The ANZAC test the other night plus the NRL that is now thankfully being broadcast over here shows that the gulf between northern hemisphere RL and Southern is as wide as it ever has been.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1775No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
893.jpg
:893.jpg

I don't think England winning the four nations or even the world cup will made a massive difference to RL in the UK. Crowds to the internationals would certainly increase, but club crowds are largely dictated by the clubs themselves.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4389No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Dec 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45452.jpg
[i:2v2cei1t]'You put your Wendell in, You take your Brownie out, You put your Bennett in, And you make it to the 8, You do the Oki Chokie, And you get knocked out, Thats what St George are about' [/i:2v2cei1t] [quote="dally messenger":2v2cei1t]parra had no ball and still looked like scoring all the time[/quote:2v2cei1t] [quote="The Chief":2v2cei1t]What a knob Barrie MacKenzie is.[/quote:2v2cei1t] [quote="gutterfax":2v2cei1t]I like Bazza. He chose the name of a cross dressing Austalian institutions other persona.....and is your typical Aussie w@nker living in London whilst he tries to get some culture by visiting Prague to get pi55ed on Cheap Star, getting a fondle from a dodgy hooker in amsterdam and eating a snail for a bet when in paris. All of these things will make him a cultural icon when his visa runs out and he is sent the way of his great grandparents....alas, not in chains this time.[/quote:2v2cei1t] NEW COMPETITION COMING SOON!! YOU COULD BE THE NEXT BARRY McKENZIE!! WATCH THIS SPACE!! Barry McKenzie can be contacted at aussielegendbaz@gmail.com:45452.jpg

Everyone loves it when their country wins a major trophy though.

If GB/England won the World cup it would do more for footy in this country than trying to set up clubs in Wales and London ever will achieve.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7741_1339451243.jpg
When you're a Bradford fan there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately it's usually an oncoming train:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7741.jpg

Wrong and not just for your pretentious use of the third person instead of I.

There's a few home truths about RL that we all need to admit to and I'm going to be the unpopular one who points them out.

You say RL is treated like a poor relation. Do you hear the alarm ringing? Time to wake up. We ARE a poor relation in this country. Unlike Australia, our heartland in this country has to compete with the Premier League and football in general. So massive crowds are just not on the agenda right now. Especially as the world cup is this summer.

You pick Crus and Les Cats as an example of a poor crowd. Hello? You've a club that's still building it's fan base playing at home against a team that has to come from several thousand miles away. You can't expect the crowds for a home game against them to be massive as the average people in this world don't have money for 17 plane flights and hotels every year. Anyone with half a brain could spot that one.

You also mention the Leeds union game. That would be a game which had a result which would determine play-off spots in union's league. Slightly more important than who wins goes into the next stage of a cup competition. Yes, that's my second home truth, the challenge cup is just not that important to fans any more. The final is a different matter, but the actual road to Wembley for RL fans? Not a particularly interesting one. If you doubt me, check the crowds. Personally I think this is a shame as we only have 2 major trophies on offer in this country and it'd be nice if the cup's importance was enhanced.

As for international RL, England/GB winning something will not gain any sustained interest.
You mention cricket after england won the ashes, people only care while the ashes are being played.
Or the Olympics, yes that generated so much interest in those sports we won the gold medals in (what were those again?)

Going on to the ANZAC test and the NRL, I refer back to my earlier comment regarding the Premiership. Football in this country takes the majority of young lads who might have made decent RL players. Young lads are given players like Rooney or Gerard to idolise and it's not just their skills, it's the £100k a week wages. RL can't afford to compete with the sort of money that football has.

The best thing that can be done is for the RFL to go in at a grassroots level. And by that I mean that we push the game in the heart lands. Everyone decries the fact that the game is based round the M62 corridor, but no-one seems to mention that along that corridor lives a LARGE majority of the people in this country.
If the RFL went round and offered schools in the heartland areas grants and free equipment as well as the occasional appearance of a couple of SL stars then we'd have a chance of hooking kids into the game at an early age. If you can hook in the kids, then you get the parents who have to take the kids to the games, you get the siblings who go along as well. And from that you can grow fan bases and hopefully make those sustainable fan bases.

Personally, I see international RL as it stands as only a tacted on extra at the end of the season and it should not be a focus until SL clubs can be brought up to a good standard. There's countless threads on here about this club's crowds and the club's crowds. Crowds and their growth should be a priority for SL and the RFL, but it shouldn't be a case of "this club can't get big enough crowds, we should kick them out the league" . It should be "this club can't get big enough crowds, what can be done to help them improve this situation?" There's no reason that I can see why, with the right marketing strategy, SL clubs can't manage average of 10k crowds.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4142No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yes the crowds are greater in Aus but how an "Aussie" complain when the majority of NRL games are played in front of masses of empty seats?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11186
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4548_1324413490.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4548.jpg

If England did win a trophy there still wouldn't be the media coverage that would get a mass increase in people following the game.

I noticed the third person things. In some sentences its I, and in others its Barry McKenzie. Make up your mind will you.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Roofaldo "You say RL is treated like a poor relation. Do you hear the alarm ringing? Time to wake up. We ARE a poor relation in this country. Unlike Australia, our heartland in this country has to compete with the Premier League and football in general. So massive crowds are just not on the agenda right now. Especially as the world cup is this summer. '"

But only Wigan and Hull have PL football to directly compete with, 5 months of the SL season there is no PL football.

"You pick Crus and Les Cats as an example of a poor crowd. Hello? You've a club that's still building it's fan base playing at home against a team that has to come from several thousand miles away. You can't expect the crowds for a home game against them to be massive as the average people in this world don't have money for 17 plane flights and hotels every year. Anyone with half a brain could spot that one."

Last time I checked Perpignan was less than 1000 miles from Wrexham, added to that the UK has a higher french population than any city in France with the exception of Paris. The bigger driver for poor Catalan travelling attendence is to how tickets are distributed for home games and the fact they do not like to travel. As for Crusaders since their first game their attendences have dive bombed, despite performing far better on the pitch than last season. Despite all the people getting excited about the first home game their attendences are going to be not much more than when they were in Bridgend.

Quote: Roofaldo " That would be a game which had a result which would determine play-off spots in union's league. Slightly more important than who wins goes into the next stage of a cup competition. '"

So a place in the play offs[would have been a very big shock if they did not make the playoffs], is greatly more important than a place in the quarter finals of the longest running pro RL competition in the world ? Bath would have got the same crowd for a meaningless mid table fixture with nothing at stake.

Quote: Roofaldo "The best thing that can be done is for the RFL to go in at a grassroots level. And by that I mean that we push the game in the heart lands. Everyone decries the fact that the game is based round the M62 corridor, but no-one seems to mention that along that corridor lives a LARGE majority of the people in this country.'"

The only city of importance where RL has a strong presence is Leeds [Hull is not of much importance], Manchester and Liverpool it hardly registers. Greater London alone would account for more people than the heartlands.

Quote: Roofaldo "If the RFL went round and offered schools in the heartland areas grants and free equipment as well as the occasional appearance of a couple of SL stars then we'd have a chance of hooking kids into the game at an early age. If you can hook in the kids, then you get the parents who have to take the kids to the games, you get the siblings who go along as well. And from that you can grow fan bases and hopefully make those sustainable fan bases.
'"

If that was true Quins crowds would be ballooning right now, if anything they are decreasing; so looks like that approach would not work.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7741_1339451243.jpg
When you're a Bradford fan there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately it's usually an oncoming train:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7741.jpg

Quote: Thoth "But only Wigan and Hull have PL football to directly compete with, 5 months of the SL season there is no PL football.

"You pick Crus and Les Cats as an example of a poor crowd. Hello? You've a club that's still building it's fan base playing at home against a team that has to come from several thousand miles away. You can't expect the crowds for a home game against them to be massive as the average people in this world don't have money for 17 plane flights and hotels every year. Anyone with half a brain could spot that one."

Last time I checked Perpignan was less than 1000 miles from Wrexham, added to that the UK has a higher french population than any city in France with the exception of Paris. The bigger driver for poor Catalan travelling attendence is to how tickets are distributed for home games and the fact they do not like to travel. As for Crusaders since their first game their attendences have dive bombed, despite performing far better on the pitch than last season. Despite all the people getting excited about the first home game their attendences are going to be not much more than when they were in Bridgend.

So a place in the play offs[would have been a very big shock if they did not make the playoffs], is greatly more important than a place in the quarter finals of the longest running pro RL competition in the world ? Bath would have got the same crowd for a meaningless mid table fixture with nothing at stake.

The only city of importance where RL has a strong presence is Leeds [Hull is not of much importance], Manchester and Liverpool it hardly registers. Greater London alone would account for more people than the heartlands.

If that was true Quins crowds would be ballooning right now, if anything they are decreasing; so looks like that approach would not work.'"

The thing about Catalan is they're not french. I know we call them that, but it's like calling an irishman and a scotsman.

Yes, Leeds is the only major city with an RL presence, however Manchester, Liverpool, Blackburn and Bolton are all have premier league football sides, some more than 1, and all those sides have fans living in the heartlands and all those heartland clubs have to compete with premier league teams in terms of attracting fans

I did say the right marketing strategy. Clearly quins don't seem to have any strategy to get new fans/converts from union beyond sharing a stadium and colours with a union club

and as for population, the m62 corridor has approx 6.2 million people living along it where as greater london has round about 7 million. not a huge difference

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

The RFL don't do anything to promote the international game, they are only interested in the domestic game.
They always seem to go out of there way to give the impression that the Professional Rugby Clubs are run by an Amateur Administration Body.
Its as though when the clubs went full professional for Superleague, the RFL remained static and didn't move forward.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2786No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
users/saints.gif
:users/saints.gif

Quote: Roofaldo "Wrong and not just for your pretentious use of the third person instead of I.

There's a few home truths about RL that we all need to admit to and I'm going to be the unpopular one who points them out.

You say RL is treated like a poor relation. Do you hear the alarm ringing? Time to wake up. We ARE a poor relation in this country. Unlike Australia, our heartland in this country has to compete with the Premier League and football in general. So massive crowds are just not on the agenda right now. Especially as the world cup is this summer.

You pick Crus and Les Cats as an example of a poor crowd. Hello? You've a club that's still building it's fan base playing at home against a team that has to come from several thousand miles away. You can't expect the crowds for a home game against them to be massive as the average people in this world don't have money for 17 plane flights and hotels every year. Anyone with half a brain could spot that one.

You also mention the Leeds union game. That would be a game which had a result which would determine play-off spots in union's league. Slightly more important than who wins goes into the next stage of a cup competition. Yes, that's my second home truth, the challenge cup is just not that important to fans any more. The final is a different matter, but the actual road to Wembley for RL fans? Not a particularly interesting one. If you doubt me, check the crowds. Personally I think this is a shame as we only have 2 major trophies on offer in this country and it'd be nice if the cup's importance was enhanced.

As for international RL, England/GB winning something will not gain any sustained interest.
You mention cricket after england won the ashes, people only care while the ashes are being played.
Or the Olympics, yes that generated so much interest in those sports we won the gold medals in (what were those again?)

Going on to the ANZAC test and the NRL, I refer back to my earlier comment regarding the Premiership. Football in this country takes the majority of young lads who might have made decent RL players. Young lads are given players like Rooney or Gerard to idolise and it's not just their skills, it's the £100k a week wages. RL can't afford to compete with the sort of money that football has.

The best thing that can be done is for the RFL to go in at a grassroots level. And by that I mean that we push the game in the heart lands. Everyone decries the fact that the game is based round the M62 corridor, but no-one seems to mention that along that corridor lives a LARGE majority of the people in this country.
If the RFL went round and offered schools in the heartland areas grants and free equipment as well as the occasional appearance of a couple of SL stars then we'd have a chance of hooking kids into the game at an early age. If you can hook in the kids, then you get the parents who have to take the kids to the games, you get the siblings who go along as well. And from that you can grow fan bases and hopefully make those sustainable fan bases.

Personally, I see international RL as it stands as only a tacted on extra at the end of the season and it should not be a focus until SL clubs can be brought up to a good standard. There's countless threads on here about this club's crowds and the club's crowds. Crowds and their growth should be a priority for SL and the RFL, but it shouldn't be a case of "this club can't get big enough crowds, we should kick them out the league" . It should be "this club can't get big enough crowds, what can be done to help them improve this situation?" There's no reason that I can see why, with the right marketing strategy, SL clubs can't manage average of 10k crowds.'"

Excellent comments mate,totally agree with you,the RFL should get stuck into the heartlands and maybe say10-20 years time we will see some improvement not just in the crowds but also the standard of play.Don't get me wrong i am totally for expansion,but get your own house in order first.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2786No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
users/saints.gif
:users/saints.gif

Quote: Thoth "But only Wigan and Hull have PL football to directly compete with, 5 months of the SL season there is no PL football.

If that was true Quins crowds would be ballooning right now, if anything they are decreasing; so looks like that approach would not work.'"

Not true mate,here in St.Helens rugby is pretty big but a lot of kids(inc adults)love football as well,esp Liverpool and Man Utd.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46371.jpg
:46371.jpg

firstly rugby, be it league or union in the uk is very much a secondary sport to football. not a primary sport as it is in AUS

secondly bath v leeds had 11700 there, a good crowd but hardly massive and certainly nothing that does not happen in superleague every week.

thirdly apart from being very embarrassing (given the much bigger emphasis on RL over there) for the aussies to lose to england. in the same way it was a few years ago when they beat us at football. not a great deal would change. fleet street would not be camped on adrian morleys doorstep trying to snap a picture for the front pages.

this is a football mad island. and RL is only popular in small pockets up and down the country. it might be everything to us but on the whole the nation could not give a monkeys.

RankPostsTeam
International Star168No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Roofaldo "The thing about Catalan is they're not french. I know we call them that, but it's like calling an irishman and a scotsman.

Yes, Leeds is the only major city with an RL presence, however Manchester, Liverpool, Blackburn and Bolton are all have premier league football sides, some more than 1, and all those sides have fans living in the heartlands and all those heartland clubs have to compete with premier league teams in terms of attracting fans

I did say the right marketing strategy. Clearly quins don't seem to have any strategy to get new fans/converts from union beyond sharing a stadium and colours with a union club

and as for population, the m62 corridor has approx 6.2 million people living along it where as greater london has round about 7 million. not a huge difference'"

Big Graeme will be along with a FFS shortly. Don't you know promoting the game in the heartlands is down to the clubs, but promoting expansion is down to the RFL even though clubs have failed in London and Wales before.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

'"

And Leeds who are competing with a club with premier league attendances.

though look at the corollary, the three biggest teams by attendance all are in the same city as a large football team. Its naive to say that football takes away attendances, it doesnt really, what it takes is a lot of players

Quote: Thoth "Last time I checked Perpignan was less than 1000 miles from Wrexham, added to that the UK has a higher french population than any city in France with the exception of Paris. The bigger driver for poor Catalan travelling attendence is to how tickets are distributed for home games and the fact they do not like to travel. As for Crusaders since their first game their attendences have dive bombed, despite performing far better on the pitch than last season. Despite all the people getting excited about the first home game their attendences are going to be not much more than when they were in Bridgend.'"
They have had only 4 home games, averaging just under 7k. Admittedly attendances have been falling, but i would expect that marketing has been wound down a little for the last month, and probably for the next month and attendances will probably even out until probably mid june, then hopefully there will be a marketing blitz to capitilize on 7 of the last 10 games being home games, including 4 of the last 5 which could decide if they can sneak a play off spot.

Quote: Thoth "So a place in the play offs[would have been a very big shock if they did not make the playoffs], is greatly more important than a place in the quarter finals of the longest running pro RL competition in the world ? Bath would have got the same crowd for a meaningless mid table fixture with nothing at stake. '"
and it would still be less than the average for 3 SL teams, and nothing more than a decent attendance for about 4 more. Its hardly the stuff dreams are made of

Quote: Thoth "The only city of importance where RL has a strong presence is Leeds [Hull is not of much importance], Manchester and Liverpool it hardly registers. Greater London alone would account for more people than the heartlands.'"
im not sure you can say liverpool is important but Hull isnt, they of similar size. And yes Leeds is probably the only big city where league is king, but in the big cities of the north the GP doesnt really register

Quote: Thoth "If that was true Quins crowds would be ballooning right now, if anything they are decreasing; so looks like that approach would not work.'"
true, it needs to be a two pronged approach with both the amateur and the pro game pushed

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1016No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_287.gif
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l61LLMTmrA&feature=related:2penstlp]Justin Murphy demonstrates the danger of playing on a soccer pitch that is too short for Rugby League[/url:2penstlp]:Games/PDT_287.gif

Quote: Shmoo "I don't think England winning the four nations or even the world cup will made a massive difference to RL in the UK. Crowds to the internationals would certainly increase, but club crowds are largely dictated by the clubs themselves.'"

When England won the Rugby World Cup, there was a significant and measurable increase in interest in Rugby Union, both through an increase in participation, in media interest and viewer interest. Club crowds have grown incrementally with help from the World Cup win. From wiki 's entry rlEnglish Rugby Union's popularityrlRugby's recent success is in part due to England's recent 2003 Rugby World Cup success. In terms of average attendance, the Guinness Premiership is the third best attended club competition in England behind The Premiership and The Championship.

<snipped>

Historically rugby union was a participatory sport rather than a spectator sport in England and attendances at club games were low.

<snipped>

Current trends
Following England Rugby's success with capturing the 2003 Rugby World Cup, popularity of rugby union in England practically doubled according to research that was conducted as part of MORI’s SportsTracker.[3]

Prior to the 2003 World Cup, research estimated that around 18 per cent of all British citizens had an interest in rugby union (conducted in January 2003), ranking the sport eighth in popularity in England. In December 2003, shortly after England's win at the World Cup, the percentage was revealed to be 27 per cent, pushing the sport to second in England.[3] A lot of the popularity was attributed to Jonny Wilkinson's famous drop goal in the latter stages of the final at the 2003 World Cup. A rise in match attendances, as well as interest in schools was noted.[3]'"

The England/GB RL teams have a better chance of giving RL a more national appeal than the clubs.

42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.94384765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
FRENCH
NickyKiss
8m
This weeks disciplinary
Philth
19m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
20m
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
21m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
22m
Saints h
Zig
22m
Whitehaven
Yosemite Sam
23m
7pm
phe13
23m
Film game
Wanderer
26m
RD 25 Hull FC H
batleyrhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leeds Rhinos - Away
Dave K.
25s
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
31s
Call for funds
faxcar
31s
Saints h
Zig
34s
Who do we want in the play-offs
ninearches
35s
RD 25 Hull FC H
batleyrhino
43s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
45s
Film game
Wanderer
53s
This weeks disciplinary
Philth
57s
Hull live/Tomlinson
Chris71
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
7pm
phe13
TODAY
Who do we want in the play-offs
ninearches
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
Chris71
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Wanderer
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,607 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20