FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > If Super League was reduced to 10 clubs.....
110 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Starbug "Depends on which expansion you mean , SL or RL ?'"

No it doesnt.

Having been shown up(again!) is this the point you start pretending you were trolling?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "No it doesnt.

Having been shown up(again!) is this the point you start pretending you were trolling?'"

No it's a serious question , I'm not pretending anything ?

Quins are RL expansion , Catalans SL expansion , simple really , that's probably why you didn't get it , if it isn't complicated and confusing , you don't understand it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Starbug "No it's a serious question , I'm not pretending anything ?

Quins are RL expansion , Catalans SL expansion , simple really , that's probably why you didn't get it , if it isn't complicated and confusing , you don't understand it'"

I would have thought Catalans were obviously one of the 6 clubs who were suceeding. It seems I didnt dumb it down enough again for you. It's my fault really, I constantly give you too much credit. Maybe it isnt all an act. Maybe you are this stupid.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "I would have thought Catalans were obviously one of the 6 clubs who were suceeding. It seems I didnt dumb it down enough again for you. It's my fault really, I constantly give you too much credit. Maybe it isnt all an act. Maybe you are this stupid.'"

Maybe I am , but it is confusing , are Bradford and Huddersfield in that group as well ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: TrinityIHC "So your solution to there not being enough quality players to go around is to reduce the amount of training facilities and outlets for the talent at the highest level?

Ridiculous.'"
So why dont we have more teams at SL level then? why not 20? 40? Why limit the amount of training facilities and talent at the highest level at all and just have every team playing at SL level? You havent made any argument showing why 14 is better than 12 but not worse than 16/20/100

Quote: TrinityIHC "14 clubs is enough for the current franchise system as it stands, I repeat other than ourselves (who have been in administration and had to field youngsters and journeymen all season) and Crusaders (New expansion team) who has really been whipping boys?'"
So out of 14 we have two clubs who are whipping boys, one of them a team who has been at the elite level for 14 years but this shows 14 is the right amount? How many whipping boys does there need to be for there to be too many? 3? 6?

Quote: TrinityIHC "Yes the league may be divided by the top 6 who are clearly outstripping the lowlier clubs at the moment, but the youngsters coming through at these clubs that you would so casually dismiss, benefit enormously by playing against the top clubs and players. They then go on to be the England stars of the future. The licensing system should iron out quite a lot of these problems if we give it time to work properly.

All your doing by creating this 2 tier system is further damaging clubs that are trying to catch up with the top 6, and its totally counter productive for the sport.'"
But again, this doesnt address the reason why 14 is the optimum number? and your argument works both ways. Yes it is a good thing that players are exposed to a higher level because it makes them better, but conversely the top players are being exposed to players below their level which lowers their intensity and makes them worse players. Kallum Watkins hasnt improved by being part of a team which has just won 56-0, Joe Arundel wont improve by playing against teams so clearly superior and losing 56-0. Both will have improved by playing in a close, tight, intense game which finished 8-10 between two fairly evenly matched teams. But Castleford couldnt repeat that performance because they havent got the depth to compete in two games like that back-to-back. The lose a few players and what they bring in simply isnt good enough. And they cant get the depth they need to compete because we 12 clubs all fighting for the same players from the same areas.

Whereas if we were to bring the number of clubs down to 10 or 12, then the club which survived in the WMDC would have more youngsters to pick from, be able to pick more of the highest quality, put out a team which could compete week in week out rather than every so often. This would result in more games, of a higher intensity exposing the best players to a high quality game making them better players and improving the quality of the league.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Nope.

Just to stop the barrage of innane questions which has become your forte, the 6 elite sides are
Leeds, Wigan, Warrington, St Helens, Hull, and Les Catalans, clubs who have the stability on and off the field and are operating at an elite level in both areas.

Bradford, Hudds, and HKR are just about making it

Quins would obviously be the expansion side, Salford the one hoping their new stadium will be the catalyst for growth.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Nope.

Just to stop the barrage of innane questions which has become your forte, the 6 elite sides are
Leeds, Wigan, Warrington, St Helens, Hull, and Les Catalans, clubs who have the stability on and off the field and are operating at an elite level in both areas.

Quins would obviously be the expansion side, Salford the one hoping their new stadium will be the catalyst for growth.'"

You see it all becomes clearer when everything is out in the open , overall you have it about right there

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1072No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "You havent made any argument showing why 14 is better than 12 but not worse than 16/20/100

Whereas if we were to bring the number of clubs down to 10 or 12, then the club which survived in the WMDC would have more youngsters to pick from, be able to pick more of the highest quality, put out a team which could compete week in week out rather than every so often. This would result in more games, of a higher intensity exposing the best players to a high quality game making them better players and improving the quality of the league.'"

Where is your argument that 10 or 12 is better than 8 or 6?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: waterfield's finest "Where is your argument that 10 or 12 is better than 8 or 6?'"

I've already said we have 9 clubs at an 'acceptable level'. Going 8 or 6 would cut out 1 or 3 clubs who are already contributing to SL.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "Nope.

Quins would obviously be the expansion side, Salford the one hoping their new stadium will be the catalyst for growth.'"

Salford? What about Wakey and Cas who both have new stadiums on the horizon, have contributed far more to SL over the course of it's tenure, get bigger crowds and have far superior academy and youth set-ups? Widnes have already got the infrastructure and finances to compete and Wakefield's owner has announced that we can spend up to the full cap if required next season.

It'd be foolish to get rid of 4 clubs who are progressing well and could easily achieve at least a B rating in the non too distant future.

Surely its better to have 14 healthy, thriving clubs than just 10? More people attending matches, more sponsorship and community programmes around the extra clubs etc.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: TrinityIHC "Salford? What about Wakey and Cas who both have new stadiums on the horizon, have contributed far more to SL over the course of it's tenure, get bigger crowds and have far superior academy and youth set-ups? Widnes have already got the infrastructure and finances to compete and Wakefield's owner has announced that we can spend up to the full cap if required next season.

It'd be foolish to get rid of 4 clubs who are progressing well and could easily achieve at least a B rating in the non too distant future.

Surely its better to have 14 healthy, thriving clubs than just 10? More people attending matches, more sponsorship and community programmes around the extra clubs etc.'"

Have you ever tried to walk , drive , swim or even fly to the horizon ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: TrinityIHC "Salford? What about Wakey and Cas who both have new stadiums on the horizon, have contributed far more to SL over the course of it's tenure, get bigger crowds and have far superior academy and youth set-ups? Widnes have already got the infrastructure and finances to compete and Wakefield's owner has announced that we can spend up to the full cap if required next season.

Surely its better to have 14 healthy, thriving clubs than just 10? More people attending matches, more sponsorship and community programmes around the extra clubs etc.'"

Wakey and Cas dont have new stadiums on the horizon. When they start building, then they will be in the position Salford are in. before that, they arent.

Those 3 (not 4) clubs arent progressing well. We are 15 years into SL and those clubs are still struggling. And we dont have 14 healthy, thriving clubs. If we did then we would be right to have 14 clubs in SL. Wakefield and Castleford arent close to being healthy, or thriving.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

Pretty straight forward really:

Remerge Hudds and Sheff and move them back to Sheffield
Wakey to merge with Skolars to form a second SL London team
Hull FC back to Gateshead where they belong
Cas to merge with Doncaster to play at that nice shiny stadium
Salford to rebrand themselves Manchester
Widnes to Merge with Wrexham and we can have another faux Welsh club
Wigan and Warrington super club merger

Would give us a much more national look:

1. Wigan Wolves
2. Manchester Reds
3. Hull KR
4. Leeds Rhinos
5. Gateshead Sharks
6. London Skolars
7. Quinsfulbroncs
8. Western Crusaders
9. Sheffield Giants
10 Doncaster Tigers

Just sit back and watch the corporate and TV pounds role in!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: JB Down Under "Pretty straight forward really

Now that is ' Franchising ' icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

It's a MASTERPLAN!

110 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
110 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1142578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
PopTart
11m
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
13m