JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76030_1540929970.jpg
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES????? £20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000. The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover. There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76030.jpg

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "Interesting thread this.

<snip>'"

On reflection I see the biggest single change we need is to have 1 game a week on FTA TV.

All of the rule changes suggested here are for the benefit of the existing fan base and will do little to attract new fans, either on TV or in Stadiums. Yes the PTB is a mess at times and the video referee taking as long as an episode of Quincy ME to make a decision, but in general the game as a spectator sport is pretty good.
Recent games, like the 2013 World Cup Semi-final Loss or the close semi and Final 2017 show that our game is capable of delivering the drama, but we fail to regularly follow up on these events.
A FTA game on BBC on a Saturday Evening would be a massive fillip to both the game and to the main broadcast partner SKY, as it would possibly get more people interested and therefore maybe see them get an upturn in subscriptions. (fanciful I now, but still a possibility)

If the SL chairmen are adamant that they want the game to grow and get more of a share of the sports revenue out there (Compete with Union I believe is how Adam Pearson described it) then they need to insist on 1 FTA game every week.....even if the OB costs are met by SL itself. It is proven that exposure to larger audiences attracts bigger crowds (see the NFL in C4 and the attendances now being seen in London as well as the early promise of the Monarchs back in the 90's) and even if it meas the SL clubs income from TV takes a hit, they will have an opportunity to recoup that money on the gate.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Durham Giant "The game does not need tweaking it needs a massive change to take a Great Leap Forward and in my view needs to re invent itself. The game needs to be quicker so some of the points previously raised about the ruck are important but it then needs to market itself properly. I would like to see more emphasis on skilful players rather than the bigger lumbering forwards

If we speed it up we need to then sell it to TV producers and execs. That means more advertising.

I would suggest that the game be changed from to 40 minute halves to three 25 minute thirds.

Reduce the number of substitutions that could be made to 2 per third so most players are playing the full 75 minutes. More tired players more opportunity for smaller skilful players.. 25 minutes would be th optimum .

Allow each team to pick from 5 subs to cover injuries but also to have a better balance on the bench to allow more tactical decisions around substitutions etc.

It would also be better for player welfare changing the game from bang and crash to skilful fast paced play

TV would prefer this format as it would fit in better with advertising sales.

With the TV renewal coming up where we all expect to lose money this would be a huge potential seller'"

No need. Karen

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

I agree with Call Me God. We have moments of drama/interest/excitement in the year but most people only see this sporadically, maybe even only once a year. The Cup Final, Grand Final and recent Test match are great games for people to watch but then there’s nothing in between. We may well build some interest in November with the Test Matches being on BBC but then there’s nothing at all until February and nothing of note on FTA until July/August.

On a related point we build interest in a local area like Liverpool with the Test Match or Newcastle with the Magic Weekend but then never follow up on it.

A game on FTA every week would be huge for the game in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "Interesting thread this.

With regard to the playing side of things, the game has become a little stale and sanitised to an extent. I am all for player safety but hte ideal that ANY contact with the head is a foul is just plain wrong and is ultimately inconsitantly applied by the officials anyway. Would the ball carrier handing off a defender be penalised for contact to the head? Malicious contact should rightly be harshly penalised, but accidental clashes should not result in a player being yellow carded. This is a following effect from taking shoulder charges out of the game. I feel shoulder charges should be allowed, but of there is contact with the head involved in a shoulder charge, then its a straight red.

The player the ball has been exploited by a feww coaches to the detriment of the entire game. The number of times a tackled player either walks forward a few meters or moves off the mark to the side has become a joke. For me, this should them put any defender who'd been involved in the tackle instantly back onside to nullify the advantage the ball carrier is trying to obtain.

Scrums??? Either get rid of them or do them properly. I am not referring to Union, this is just a breather for Union forwards and becomes a dull pushing contest (which apparently is a skill in Union). A win against the head is rarer in Union than it is in League, so its hardly a truly contested scrum.

Kicks at goal!!! Reduce the amount of time which is allowed to run down before the ref calls time off. The one minute allowed was for the kicker to set the ball and attempted the kick. Now all that happens is that the kicker has a drink, quick chat with the ref / physio, lets the minute run down for the ref to call time off to than actually start the process of setting the ball. Its time wasting and cheating the fans out of what they have paid for.

Move the challenge cup final to middle of June and even move it away from Wembley. Gone are the days of coach loads / special trains from pubs and clubs around the north making up over half of the gate. Its an expensive day out. Granted, you are going to do it if its your team, but there is little to attract the neutral. Also, the semi finals are way too close to the final at the moment (especially whe you consider the near 2 month gap between the quarters and the semi).

MARKETING - CAN WE HAVE SOME PLEASE!!!!!!

NATIONAL TV COVERAGE - please see above

Pundits on TV - please stop bemoaning the negatives of the game / play. It breeds a poor opinion of the game to those who are new to it. Check out the coverage of Union (especially on Sky) even when play breaks down the pundits showcase the good play involved.

Get rid of Magic weekend - find enough teams to have a 14 club elite competition, play each other home and away and have a tope 6 play off system. This may involve franchising again, but the current fixture structure is lop sided and has been tried and not worked.'"

A good post and plenty to agree with.

However, with some of the stuff going on regarding brain damage caused by contact with the head, it is more likely that we will see further attempts to reduce contact in this area, together with additional/stronger penalties.
I do agree that accidental contact should not be penalised but, could still allow head tests etc

Also, I massively agree with your comments regarding coverage of the game and how negative it has become.
We should be banging the drum about the athleticism of the players and the skills involved in executing certain plays both in attack and defence and offering some explanation as to how sides have read the play or opened up the opposition - I think that John Wells is pretty good as this.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Also, I massively agree with your comments regarding coverage of the game and how negative it has become.
We should be banging the drum about the athleticism of the players and the skills involved in executing certain plays both in attack and defence and offering some explanation as to how sides have read the play or opened up the opposition - I think that John Wells is pretty good as this.'"

I tend to agree - the coverage is stale and old, and tends to over-focus on negatives, errors or referee calls that are questionable, at least in the eyes of the commentators. It would be much more of a sell for the game if there was more notice paid to the strength, power, toughness, skill and athleticism on show - of which, regardless of your view of the quality of the game right now, there is plenty, every week, in every game. To a fan it's just annoying, eye-rolling stuff; to a new viewer, it's probably off-putting.

I also note that RL players are mostly absent from other media - there was a brief period when Tomkins and Sinfield were on QoS and such, and Keegan Hirst was a minor celeb for a while due to his personal story - but we don't have any 'personality' players who have transcended the sport and become celebrities in their own right; which seems odd, because the physicality and extreme challenge of RL would, you would imagine, be an interesting hook to find out more about the guys who play. That's perhaps an area in which the Hearn's would be an interesting proposition; they've made international celebrities out of some fairly ordinary guys who happen to be talented boxers. There would be a tonne of ways to market a RL player's personal brand, not least in the area of health, diet and wellbeing - with the added spice of ordinary, working class backgrounds, which is always a handy backstory.

It's not my area of expertise, but I would bet that a decent, centrally funded agency could do wonders with 3 or 4 RL players as clients.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9061
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: bren2k "I also note that RL players are mostly absent from other media - there was a brief period when Tomkins and Sinfield were on QoS and such, and Keegan Hirst was a minor celeb for a while due to his personal story - but we don't have any 'personality' players who have transcended the sport and become celebrities in their own right; which seems odd, because the physicality and extreme challenge of RL would, you would imagine, be an interesting hook to find out more about the guys who play. That's perhaps an area in which the Hearn's would be an interesting proposition; they've made international celebrities out of some fairly ordinary guys who happen to be talented boxers. There would be a tonne of ways to market a RL player's personal brand, not least in the area of health, diet and wellbeing - with the added spice of ordinary, working class backgrounds, which is always a handy backstory.

It's not my area of expertise, but I would bet that a decent, centrally funded agency could do wonders with 3 or 4 RL players as clients.'"

Reckon there'd be many takers on the playing front? Every single player that shows an ounce of individuality or personality immediately becomes fair game for the sport's many boo-boys. Not surprisingly, given that much of the playing pool comprises young men with relatively low social confidence, I suspect many just prefer to keep their heads down and dodge that bullet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Clearwing "Reckon there'd be many takers on the playing front? Every single player that shows an ounce of individuality or personality immediately becomes fair game for the sport's many boo-boys. Not surprisingly, given that much of the playing pool comprises young men with relatively low social confidence, I suspect many just prefer to keep their heads down and dodge that bullet.'"

I reckon there'd be plenty if they were earning out of it - RL hardly makes you rich.

As for the individuality and personality - I guess most incidents of that are negative; Joel Tomkins abusing a young barmaid went viral, Hardaker's latest in a long line of misdemeanours made the nationals, and the Trinity players who crashed the gaffers car into a wall got a lot of media. Maybe if some of our players were coached and managed, they could get similar attention, but for positive reasons?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

As someone else said , a lot of the blame for the way the game looks nowadays can be placed at the feet of coaches. They'll always try to bend the rules to make them work for them, but active coaches have had far too much input into the way rules are interpreted or made. If you left it to them we'd end up with grid iron, because that would make everything controllable and coachable.

Whilst we can all have ideas, if we want to improve the spectacle I'd get a bunch of ex players and coaches (i.e. nobody currently involved with a team would be eligible) to work on ideas. Then use junior games to test them out.

As this is a forum, some ideas include:

- shot clock on scrums and dropouts, but only 15 seconds, not 30.
- three strikes then sin bin for all holding down/attempts to slow the attack
- all players in the scrum not able to move 5 metres from the scrum until after the second play has started. That would keep them out of the first play completely and possibly the second.
- allow quick taps for all penalties/restarts
- reduce interchanges to 6 at most
- bring back some ability to contest possession - e.g. striking at the PTB, stripping when more than one player is in the tackle

In terms of wrestling the biggest problem is the third and even 4th men into tackles. Players are taught how to hold up the runner and we end up with a bunch of players just struggling for no reason other than to delay the PTB. To make it worse we then have the tackled player 'magically' fall to the floor the second the ref calls held. You also have players like Cameron Smith who are expert at somehow getting themselves tangled up with the ball runner, further delaying attempts to PTB. We need to go back earlier calls of held and to a penalty if the tacklers don't get off immediately. Anyone who doesn't think this is possible should watch coverage of games before about 2010 - tacklers jumping off runners like scalded cats in comparison to today.

Being really radical, I'd also seriously consider not allowing more than two tacklers anywhere outside a teams 20 - a third or fourth could only join in if a player breaks a tackle or one of the others falls off. Players have shown with the current stripping rule that they can play to that sort of rule without a problem.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator6021
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "There wasn’t any offensive words in the post at all I’ve had a warning for daring to question a mod and now another mod deleting a post for no reason and they wonder why the number of people posting is falling at an alarming rate'"

I have no idea what you posted so can't comment further and indeed won't if Karen saw fit to act, but, in fairness there was a lot of calls from posters on here for Mods to be active and tidy the place up as it was seen as a place full of trolls, multiple account holders, contributors derailing threads to suit their agendas, such as expansionism, RU, Leigh and Wakefield (bizarrely no disrespect to either club) or whatever the flavour of the month is.

It seems that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I do find the term Nazi offensive btw and as a Forum there has to be rules and some civility surely? I'm not particularly the banning 'type' ,but, recent actions have been met with some support, oh but only as long as it's this poster or that a poster.....

You can't have it both ways and criticizing the Moderation process is against the Forum rules.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11184
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "There wasn’t any offensive words in the post at all I’ve had a warning for daring to question a mod and now another mod deleting a post for no reason and they wonder why the number of people posting is falling at an alarming rate'"

I deleted the comment because it was unnecessary, rude, and offered absolutely nothing to the thread. Believe it or not, simply replying "What a load of crap" to a post isn't very mature. Don't agree with him, I have no problem with that, but at least put a counter argument against his comments rather that just being rude.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Karen "I deleted the comment because it was unnecessary, rude, and offered absolutely nothing to the thread. Believe it or not, simply replying "What a load of crap" to a post isn't very mature. Don't agree with him, I have no problem with that, but at least put a counter argument against his comments rather that just being rude.'"

Have you read his post it was ridiculous it was like reading something from someone who’d never seen the game before so yeah it was a load of crap sorry to use such language in these sensitive times

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11184
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "Have you read his post it was ridiculous it was like reading something from someone who’d never seen the game before so yeah it was a load of crap sorry to use such language in these sensitive times'"

It wasn't the language. It was your inability to put forward a counter argument as to why you believed it was a load of crap. Forums are about differing beliefs so feel free to put your argument forwards, just in a slightly more intelligent way than "What a load of crap" icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10025.jpg
For contributions, remittances, payments, and all other matters of any responsibility, please refer to someone else. “The British people love a good hero and a good hate” Lord Northcliffe:10025.jpg

My pet peeve is the 'fumble' interpretation of a ball that is lost backwards but ruled as a knock forward. It absolutely p****s me off to see the game stopped and a scrum given because a player has knocked the ball backwards, yet it happens time and again. I know some people think treating it as a 'fumble' penalises poor handling but that's not what is supposed to happen. As long as it's gone backwards I'd rather let both sets of players scramble for the loose ball than have an a technically unecessary scrum, the side making the error is penalised because they have to work harder to recover and the opposition gets a chance to either win possession or at least put some additional pressure on. I was watching the Wales v Scotland RU game on Saturday and I saw a ball get dropped backwards by Wales and the referee (correctly) ruled play on and the Welsh players scrambled to recover, and I said to my Dad in a SL game that would almost certainly have been rulled as a knock on despite it clearly going backwards.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17198
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

One noticeable difference from an Aussie ref yesterday was that he allowed play to carry on when an England player was down injured in backplay. While there is a fine line between putting a team at a disadvantage when a player is genuinely injured, we would see a reduction in play acting and fake injuries if this was done more often.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: UllFC "One noticeable difference from an Aussie ref yesterday was that he allowed play to carry on when an England player was down injured in backplay. While there is a fine line between putting a team at a disadvantage when a player is genuinely injured, we would see a reduction in play acting and fake injuries if this was done more often.'"

We do that anyway. The only time we don’t is when play has already stopped, the injured player is in the way of the play, or it’s a head injury.

I don’t think there’s an issue with faked injuries during play, it’s when play has stopped that we have a problem.
Unfortunately now I think that we have to go down the football route, if a player needs the trainer/physio etc and play to be delayed then they should go off the pitch and not come back on for the next set of 6.

I don’t want to go down that route and there will be some legitimate injuries caught up in that unfairly but I don’t know of another way to discourage the faking of injuries that we currently see.

62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.44091796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ChampagneSup
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
20m
Tonights match v HKR
ninearches
21m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
23m
Questions for Ste Mills
vastman
26m
Film game
Boss Hog
53m
TV Games - Not Hull
Irregular Ho
Recent
Fev H Play Off
Highlander
Recent
Grand final Tickets
Azul
Recent
2024 IMG gradings
jbuzza
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Irregular Ho
29s
Film game
Boss Hog
29s
ChampagneSup
43s
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
45s
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
51s
Rumours thread
PopTart
55s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
1m
Sam Burgess
sally cinnam
1m
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Azul
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
vastman
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
ChampagneSup
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
sally cinnam
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
ninearches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
jbuzza
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,368 80,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
 FT
Hover 
Melbourne
6-14
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26

15:00
Keighley
0-6
Hunslet
Latest
       Championship 2024-R29

Bradford
4-0
Featherstone
Latest
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley0-6Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1
LIVE
Keighley0-6Hunslet
CH
LIVE
Bradford4-0Featherstone
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22