Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: nottinghamtiger "Why, would you suggest, does the site automatically alter the words b*****d and w****r?'"

because the decision was made it was preferable these words werent used

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "because the decision was made it was preferable these words werent used'"

Why not?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35189No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1246_1686693825.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1246.jpeg

Quote: nottinghamtiger "You are trying to deflect the actual point as your argument is beginning to look rather weak as is SmokeyTa's. You have resorted to the "the player doesn't mind" and Smokey reckons that "B*****d" and "W****r" are acceptable.'"

But your trying to make it as bad as the Castleford offence

At the end of the day it was a bit cheaky, bit rude, but nothing as shameful as the Jungle incident

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Lawrie L "But your trying to make it as bad as the Castleford offence

At the end of the day it was a bit cheaky, bit rude, but nothing as shameful as the Jungle incident'"

No I'm not, homophobic abuse is worse, no question. What I'm saying is it is still against the 'Respect' Policy and as such the RFL should investigate in the interests of fairness.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: nottinghamtiger "Why not?'"

because they are words which can carry a little more weight than others,

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: nottinghamtiger "No I'm not, homophobic abuse is worse, no question. What I'm saying is it is still against the 'Respect' Policy and as such the RFL should investigate in the interests of fairness.'"

have you read it? i have posted the brochure for you, it does explain the difference

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "because they are words which can carry a little more weight than others,'"

Are you a politician? You, I and everyone else can see that you are arguing against the obvious, most of society find these words offensive and as such as filtered on this site and not allowed to be breadcast before the watershed.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35189No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1246_1686693825.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1246.jpeg

Quote: nottinghamtiger "No I'm not, homophobic abuse is worse, no question. What I'm saying is it is still against the 'Respect' Policy and as such the RFL should investigate in the interests of fairness.'"

RFL would spend most of the working week investigating

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "have you read it? i have posted the brochure for you, it does explain the difference'"

I'm in the middle of it now. I have read the bit re: sexual orientation and this is more specific in this document, I agree. I had only ever seen the overarching 'Respect' Policy as quoted earlier in the thread. Perhaps the RFL could give this brochure to speccies so we have more guidance on what we can and cannot chant?
However, I still think the use of the abusive language already detailed is in breach of the 'Respect' policy.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: nottinghamtiger "Are you a politician? You, I and everyone else can see that you are arguing against the obvious, most of society find these words offensive and as such as filtered on this site and not allowed to be breadcast before the watershed.'"

Yet they are still allowed to be broadcast.

You want to compare the difference, look at the reaction to the utterances of Ron Atkinson, Carole thatcher, Michael ,jade goody, tim hardaway, beanie Mann who made homophobic or racist statements.

and then compare them with the hundreds, if not thousands of times a week b'a'stard and w'a'nker are uttered on british tv programmes with not one complaint

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "it depends on the situation, the fans of the club doing it, and the response of the club'"

A nothing answer as usual

Try the 2 nd part again

If there are Homophobic , racist orsexist chants heard at the KC stadium , the LSV or the Stobart stadium

Who gets fined ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Traffic "I take it you mean away fans making the chants, if so surely the stewards of the home club are responsible for crowd safety etc. I would suggest that the home club if like Cas (as found by an independent panel) did not take all reasonable steps to either stop or take measures to identify and take action against the people making the chants (including working with the away club to take all necessary steps) '"

Try the 2 nd bit

If there were Homophobic , Racist or sexist chants at the KC stadium , the LSV or the Stobart stadium

Who gets the fine ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Starbug "A nothing answer as usual

Try the 2 nd part again

If there are Homophobic , racist orsexist chants heard at the KC stadium , the LSV or the Stobart stadium

Who gets fined ?'"

it depends on the situation, the fans of the club doing it, and the response of the club

if its the Hull FC fans, and at the KC, and the stewards challenge and eject those doing the chanting, the PA make an announcement regarding the chanting, and the club ban those ejected, and the club conduct a proper enquiry, nothing,

if its the hull fc fans, at the KC, and the stewards, PA, and Club do nothing, then as per the Castleford precedent a £40k fine with £20k suspended

with plenty in between

or as i originally said [iit depends on the situation, the fans of the club doing it, and the response of the club[/i

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach47No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The reason for the fine is totally unjust. I'm not saying that the chanting wasn't wrong, but the fine is not for what happened but for what Cas apparently didn't do.

What was chanted has been heard at sporting venues up and down the country season after season. Until now, as far as I am aware, no club has ever been fined as a result of it.

No-one who was at that Cas game would have left the ground expecting repercussions - it's never been an issue. Go to any of the RL clubs where it's been chanted in the past and ask to see their investigation. There won't be one. Ask for evidence of what they did about it over and above what Cas did, there'll be nothing. Why? Because the RFL turned a blind eye or, it could be argued, even condoned it. It's not right, but it's how it was.

I've no problem if the RFL want to stamp something out, but give the clubs some notice first. You cannot go from that situation whereby the RFL sit back and do nothing year in, year out and then go to a £40k fine overnight. That's why it's wrong.

They made a rash and ill thought out decision, wanting to be seen to be PC and with it increased the negative publicity generated around this ten-fold.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: SmokeyTA "it depends on the situation, the fans of the club doing it, and the response of the club

if its the Hull FC fans, and at the KC, and the stewards challenge and eject those doing the chanting, the PA make an announcement regarding the chanting, and the club ban those ejected, and the club conduct a proper enquiry, nothing,

if its the hull fc fans, at the KC, and the stewards, PA, and Club do nothing, then as per the Castleford precedent a £40k fine with £20k suspended

with plenty in between

or as i originally said [iit depends on the situation, the fans of the club doing it, and the response of the club[/i'"

in your opinion,if these chants were being made at the KC stadium by cas/leeds,hkr fans,whos accountable for the 40thou fine?

431 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
431 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.5009765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
UllFC
1m
Film game
karetaker
6m