Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: marshman "With refrence to the RFLs respect policy, which they have quoted Cas of been quilty of preventing, and dealing with a breach of this policy (which Cas deny). The RFL are saying that homophobic, racist, ginger, fat, goth and the rest are equal, in their own policy. The RFL respect policy isn't about which race, sexuality or hair colour has been persecuted the most throughout history and which set of folks are hit the worst. The RFL respect policy is about respect to all, gay, black, ginger and the rest. It's the RFL who have set the bar, and then singled out Cas for a fine for breaching this policy. A policy which by their own standards, was breached at Headingley, many other grounds through this season and even many more today. I personally am not here to campaign for the banning of gingerisms, my point is that according to the RFL respect policy, gingerisms are as bad as homophobic comments and to single out one incident and punish it so harshly is wrong, by their own rules, their own policy.'"

I challenge you to put up that policy that states exactly what you have put. Because I have read through and it ineed gives no mention of hair colour, size, or cults.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
193.jpg
Northampton RL....details here: //www.northamptonrl.co.uk:193.jpg

Quote: Gazemous "I assume he is against all abuse, rather than against 'negative commentary''"

What is he doing about it? Other than moaning about a fine one club got for abuse?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

I'll keep playing devil's advocate here until somebody attempts an answer

If there are homophobic chants heard at the racecourse ground Wrexham

Who gets fined ?

If there are homophobic , racist or sexist chants heard at say the KC stadium , the LSV or the Stobart stadium

Who gets fined ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: Gotcha "I challenge you to put up that policy that states exactly what you have put. Because I have read through and it ineed gives no mention of hair colour, size, or cults.'"

The rfl respect policy does use the phrase 'no form of discrimination will be tolerated'.

Last time i checked that meant 'we wont allow any sort of discrimination against anyone, no matter what form that discrimination takes'

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: pyeman "The rfl respect policy does use the phrase 'no form of discrimination will be tolerated'.

Last time i checked that meant 'we wont allow any sort of discrimination against anyone, no matter what form that discrimination takes''"

Quote: pyeman "Discrimination
To treat one particular group of people less favourably than others because of their race, colour, nationality, or ethnic or national origin. The law in Britain recognises two kinds of racial discrimination

There is no rule for, Fat, Ginger, Big Eared, Pug Faced, 12 Fingered, or the like, which are all forms of indirect disrimination.

There is however a rule clearly from the RFL about Homophobia, along with the recgnised direct discrimination.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5442
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1230.gif
“You are playing a game of football this afternoon but more than that you are playing for England, and more even than that, you are playing for right versus wrong. You will win because you have to win. Don’t forget that message from home. England expects every one of you to do his duty.”:1230.gif

Name your source Gotcha,
you are wrong btw

Quote: RFL Respect Policy "Note - Clubs are responsible for the conduct of their players, parents/carers of players, coaches, officials,volunteers and spectators.
1 No person/s attending a match shall
a. Use offensive or obscene language to any player, coach, referee, touch judge, official or other spectator;
b. Enter the Field of Play during the course of a match without the prior approval of the Touchline Manager appointed by the home club and/or league;
c. Dispute the decision of a match official either during or after a match;
d. Assault or act with aggression to any person/s;
e. Behave in a way contrary to this Code of Conduct and/or the spirit of the game;
f. Behave in a way which disturbs the enjoyment of the match by any other person/s, or brings discredit to the home club and/or league and/or the game of rugby league;
g. Act in such a way as to exhibit intolerance towards individuals or groups, due to their gender, age, race, disability, religion, faith, sexual orientation or any other visible or non visible difference, either by language or other conduct, to any other person/s;
h. Refuse to accept the reasonable direction of the Touchline Manager, official of the home club and/or league, or official of the team/club which that person/s is supporting;
'"

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: pyeman "The rfl respect policy does use the phrase 'no form of discrimination will be tolerated'.

Last time i checked that meant 'we wont allow any sort of discrimination against anyone, no matter what form that discrimination takes''"

So the home fans must support the away team equally?
icon_confused.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5684_1302370205.jpg
[url:2e8yjxd3]http://riverpiker.blogspot.com/[/url:2e8yjxd3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5684.jpg

Thanks Hopie, saved me the time. It's an RFL respect policy, not British law, and it is under that respect policy that Cas were found to be guilty.

As i've said already, my posts aren't to distinguish between gingerism, homophobia and the rest. The use of the gingerisms as an example was to show that under the RFLs own policy, the one they have accused cas of breaching, every other clubs fans are breaching this very same policy. Of course i'm against racist and homophobic chants, at no time have i tried to make out i wasn't or that gingerisms are worse, equal, better than homophobic chanting. The point, one last time, is that gingerism is against the RFL policy because it is abusive, especially if in the same sentance as the words "you're just ginger fat, barsteward". This thread is about Cas being fined and in my opinion singled out for this fine, as per the RFLs own statement. Abuse is abuse under the RFL policy, ginger and gay.

I'm also not suggesting that Leeds and every other club should now be fined £40k. I'm suggesting the RFL are wrong to fine Cas if they are to fine Cas alone. IMO you can also go into the fine further and question what else Cas could do to stop the chanting given everything they have quoted in their appeal statement.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Hopie "Name your source Gotcha,
you are wrong btw

'"

Can you explain which of those you highlighted werent subjective?

Ill give you a clue, its [igender, age, race, disability, religion, faith, sexual orientation[/i everything else is down to a subjective judgement. This is because gender, age, race, disability, religion, faith, sexual orientation are viewed by normal people and society in general as bigger issues than someone mocking James Graham

everything else you have listed is a subjective judgement, it seems the RFL have excised the same subjective judgement of almost everybody else in the world and decided that calling James Graham for being ginger isnt in the same league as calling Gareth Thomas for being gay

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: marshman "Thanks Hopie, saved me the time. It's an RFL respect policy, not British law, and it is under that respect policy that Cas were found to be guilty.

As i've said already, my posts aren't to distinguish between gingerism, homophobia and the rest. The use of the gingerisms as an example was to show that under the RFLs own policy, the one they have accused cas of breaching, every other clubs fans are breaching this very same policy. Of course i'm against racist and homophobic chants, at no time have i tried to make out i wasn't or that gingerisms are worse, equal, better than homophobic chanting. The point, one last time, is that gingerism is against the RFL policy because it is abusive, especially if in the same sentance as the words "you're just ginger fat, barsteward". This thread is about Cas being fined and in my opinion singled out for this fine, as per the RFLs own statement. Abuse is abuse under the RFL policy, ginger and gay.

I'm also not suggesting that Leeds and every other club should now be fined £40k. I'm suggesting the RFL are wrong to fine Cas if they are to fine Cas alone. IMO you can also go into the fine further and question what else Cas could do to stop the chanting given everything they have quoted in their appeal statement.'"

so you arent saying that gingerism and homophobia are the same, and you arent saying that leeds should be fined for chanting about gingers.

But you are saying because leeds werent fined for chanting about gingers Cas shouldnt be fined for homophobic chanting, even though you arent saying anti-ginger and homophobic chanting are the same, but then you are saying abuse is abuse whether ginger or gay?

you do realise how ridiculous and contradictory that is dont you? If anti ginger chanting and homophobic chanting arent the same then the chanting on Saturday is completely irrelevant.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Starbug "I'll keep playing devil's advocate here until somebody attempts an answer

Who gets fined ?

If there are homophobic , racist or sexist chants heard at say the KC stadium , the LSV or the Stobart stadium

Who gets fined ?'"

it depends on the situation, the fans of the club doing it, and the response of the club

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44609_1281983676.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44609.jpg

Quote: Starbug "I'll keep playing devil's advocate here until somebody attempts an answer

Who gets fined ?

Who gets fined ?'"

I take it you mean away fans making the chants, if so surely the stewards of the home club are responsible for crowd safety etc. I would suggest that the home club if like Cas (as found by an independent panel) did not take all reasonable steps to either stop or take measures to identify and take action against the people making the chants (including working with the away club to take all necessary steps)

Quite clearly Cas were not in anyway responsible for causing the chanting but surely responsibility for taking all reasonable steps to stop the chanting rest with the club?

Three key things for me in this whole issue which would show that Cas took steps:

1. There's a lot of mention about two chants being drowned out by the PA system but no mention of what was actually being said or broadcast over the PA system i.e. was it drowned out by the respect message or just announcing an interchange? Big difference if the only reason the chants were drowned out was by events in the game rather than the trying to drown out the mindless few who were chanting?

2. There were stewards on the corner of the stand, what actions did they take i.e. if the answer to point 1 is that the club broadcast the respect message what actions did the supervising steward or club officials request of the stewards in the area?

3. What activities have been taken since the night in question? Any mention in subsequent programmes or the official website clearly and unequivocally stating their dis-satisfaction at the people concerned?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

To be honest, looking at this and trying to be subjective rather than defend my own club, the RFL Respect policy clearly states.
1 No person/s attending a match shallUse offensive or obscene language to any player, coach, referee, touch judge, official or other spectator."

One might argue over actually how offensive it is to chant about James Graham being ginger, but the Respect Policy clearly states that "[iobscene language to any player[/i" is not condoned, and I'd suggest the word b*****d comes into this category. Unless of course anyone would like to suggest that this word is not obscene?
Likewise, the above quote also directly identifies obscene language towards the referee is in breach of the Respect Policy, and unless anyone would argue that the word w****r is not offensive or obscene the chanting towards the referee clearly breaches the policy.

Therefore, to me, Leeds Rhinos supporters (and therefore the club) breached the RFL Respect policy on two counts, and therefore investigations should be made by the RFL into these.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: nottinghamtiger "To be honest, looking at this and trying to be subjective rather than defend my own club, the RFL Respect policy clearly states.
1 No person/s attending a match shallUse offensive or obscene language to any player, coach, referee, touch judge, official or other spectator."

One might argue over actually how offensive it is to chant about James Graham being ginger, but the Respect Policy clearly states that "[iobscene language to any player[/i" is not condoned, and I'd suggest the word b*****d comes into this category. Unless of course anyone would like to suggest that this word is not obscene?
Likewise, the above quote also directly identifies obscene language towards the referee is in breach of the Respect Policy, and unless anyone would argue that the word w****r is not offensive or obscene the chanting towards the referee clearly breaches the policy.

Therefore, to me, Leeds Rhinos supporters (and therefore the club) breached the RFL Respect policy on two counts, and therefore investigations should be made by the RFL into these.'"

An obscenity [i(in Latin obscenus, meaning "foul, repulsive, detestable"icon_wink.gif, is that which offends the prevalent morality of the time, is a profanity, or is otherwise taboo, indecent, abhorrent, or disgusting, or is especially inauspicious; ill-omened.[/i

would you really want to argue that the prevalent morality of the time, would judge the Graham incident as profane, taboo, indecent, abhorrent or disgusting as the Thomas incident?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "An obscenity [i(in Latin obscenus, meaning "foul, repulsive, detestable"icon_wink.gif, is that which offends the prevalent morality of the time, is a profanity, or is otherwise taboo, indecent, abhorrent, or disgusting, or is especially inauspicious; ill-omened.[/i

would you really want to argue that the prevalent morality of the time, would judge the Graham incident as profane, taboo, indecent, abhorrent or disgusting as the Thomas incident?'"

Are you suggesting the words "b*****d" and "w****r" are not abusive and/or obscene? A simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice.

431 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
431 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.62158203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Betting 2024
Moe syslak
6m
Squad for London
MorePlaymake
10m