JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
In Springfield, they're eating the dogs, the people that came in. They're eating the cats! They're eating the pets!:18686.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Thats very very transient though. If Wakefield go, and dont come back, within 10 years you will have a generation of young players, ready to get signed up to pro clubs, having played for amateur clubs who will have never known Wakefield as a top flight club. Within 5 years you will have a generation of young players at the stage ready to start playing amateur rugby who will have never known Wakefield as a top flight side.

These kids will still have heroes, they will just play for Leeds, Cas or Bradford than for WTW'"

Unfortunately the amateur rugby you’re alluding to may wither on the vine as I stated in my initial post.

Yes, the memory of WTW will die for the next generation of young players, however, quite a few local set-ups may also go to the wall.

The parents / grandparents of a kid in Eastmoor, for instance, may not want to trail to Cas, or Leeds to take his son / grandson for training sessions & matches.

What do you think would happen if (theoretically) a club like Wigan were erased from the master Plan? Would all the superb talent produced happily play in the Red V, would the depth of amateur clubs continue around the town, if the said town no longer had a top class team?

Quote: SmokeyTA "Griffin, LMS, Clubb, not a massive list ill admit, and for a long time London RL didnt focus on London players but that has changed over the last ten years or so, and we already have two london, born, bread and trained RL players, and we have the likes of Alex Abbott-Tavener, Joe Keyes, Harry Lightfoot Brown, Olsi Krasniqi who are/have represented England at youth level. We have only one club in England outside the heartlands in SL, its no surprise there arent too many players from outside the heartlands, there's very little chance of them coming through, but that one club we do have has been very successful in that respect, and if we can replicate the success of their youth development in 3/4/5 other areas of the country the game will be a very healthy state'"

I suppose that constitutes a list, but, there’s hardly a Gaz Ellis or a Benny Westwood in there.

Your ambitious vision for the future of the game outside the heartlands is commendable, but once again, you’ve failed to tell who’s going to foot the bill?

London’s philanthropist won’t be around for ever, and I see no Knight in Shining Armour coming to the aid of the Welsh project. So, as it’s the Red Hall dream, do you expect the RFL to foot the bill?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Unfortunately the amateur rugby you’re alluding to may wither on the vine as I stated in my initial post.

Yes, the memory of WTW will die for the next generation of young players, however, quite a few local set-ups may also go to the wall.'"
Really? you think that Amateur Rugby in Wakefield will go to the wall if Wakefield are relegated? how many new amatuer clubs are there in Wakefield since 1999?

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "The parents / grandparents of a kid in Eastmoor, for instance, may not want to trail to Cas, or Leeds to take his son / grandson for training sessions & matches.'"
Hasnt there been a club in Eastmoor since 1881? You really think the team would fold because there is now only one SL club in the district and 4 semi-pro clubs?

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "What do you think would happen if (theoretically) a club like Wigan were erased from the master Plan? Would all the superb talent produced happily play in the Red V, would the depth of amateur clubs continue around the town, if the said town no longer had a top class team?'"
Yes, I believe if there were only one SL club in the Metropolitan District of Wigan they would still play RL in Wigan. Similarly if there was only one club in the metropolitan district of Wakefield, they would still play RL in Wakefield.

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "I suppose that constitutes a list, but, there’s hardly a Gaz Ellis or a Benny Westwood in there. '"
There's hardly a hundred year old amateur set up in London. In that context, and in the context of a comparison to areas with a similar histories and amateur set ups Wakefields history of youth development is nothing to be proud of.
Quote: The Devil's Advocate "
Your ambitious vision for the future of the game outside the heartlands is commendable, but once again, you’ve failed to tell who’s going to foot the bill?

London’s philanthropist won’t be around for ever, and I see no Knight in Shining Armour coming to the aid of the Welsh project. So, as it’s the Red Hall dream, do you expect the RFL to foot the bill?'"

Whose footing the bill now? Who foots the bill if Glover walks out? Who foots the bill if Paul Caddick walks out or Ian Lenegan?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50836_1298143372.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50836.jpg

Quote: Big Graeme "Those with the best junior coaches and facilities where talent can be spotted and nurtured.'"

I think you will find that currently the 2 areas which produce the best players are the Wigan area and the Wakefield area. Now include Castleford as being in the Wakefield area and I think it is fair to say that neither Cas or Wakey have the best facilities so I think that ruins your argument that facilities play a role in it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: altofts wildcat "I think you will find that currently the 2 areas which produce the best players are the Wigan area and the Wakefield area. Now include Castleford as being in the Wakefield area and I think it is fair to say that neither Cas or Wakey have the best facilities so I think that ruins your argument that facilities play a role in it.'"

What evidence do you have to back up your premise that the 2 areas which produce the best players are the Wigan and Wakefield areas? There a couple of clubs who produce a similar amount of players to Wigan, and a fair amount who produce more than Wakefield.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

I think messes Noble, Davies and Kear had it right when disscusing the franchises. Davies especially calling for Quinns to be given the chop.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50836_1298143372.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "What evidence do you have to back up your premise that the 2 areas which produce the best players are the Wigan and Wakefield areas? There a couple of clubs who produce a similar amount of players to Wigan, and a fair amount who produce more than Wakefield.'"

I never said which clubs brought the players through, I stated the areas where they came from. If you take the area where the players in Super League came from the two most represented would be the Wakefield Met area and the Wigan area.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: altofts wildcat "I never said which clubs brought the players through, I stated the areas where they came from. If you take the area where the players in Super League came from the two most represented would be the Wakefield Met area and the Wigan area.'"

Would it? As I said, where is your evidence for this?

And you do realise that this argument doesnt address the argument you thought it did dont you? The fact is the clubs with the best facilities, coaches, scouts and pathways bring through the best players.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "The fact is the clubs with the best facilities, coaches, scouts and pathways bring through the best players.'"

Please provide evidence of this fact. Please put on here a linear graph showing the correlation between "the best facilities" and the "best players". I suggest you do one graph per "facility". I'm not interested in excercise bikes - just stick to buildings and people. Off you go. You have three hours.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: littlerich "Please provide evidence of this fact. Please put on here a linear graph showing the correlation between "the best facilities" and the "best players". I suggest you do one graph per "facility". I'm not interested in excercise bikes - just stick to buildings and people. Off you go. You have three hours.'"

Why would we allow you to define 'facilities' for me icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50836_1298143372.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Please provide evidence of this fact. Please put on here a linear graph showing the correlation between "the best facilities" and the "best players". I suggest you do one graph per "facility". I'm not interested in excercise bikes - just stick to buildings and people. Off you go. You have three hours.'"

There is no evidence. The fact that top international players like Gaz Ellis, Ben Westwood and Danny Brough just to name a few came through the Wakefield youth system which clearly does not have great facilities proves your point.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: altofts wildcat "There is no evidence. The fact that top international players like Gaz Ellis, Ben Westwood and Danny Brough just to name a few came through the Wakefield youth system which clearly does not have great facilities proves your point.'"

Danny Brough has never played a top tier international, by definition he isnt a top international player.

So your argument that Wakefield are one of the top two areas at producing talent in SL is they have produced Ellis, Westwood and Brough, as opposed areas like Leeds which has produced the likes of Carvell, Mcguire, Diskin, Hall, Smith, Ablett, JJB, Walker, and Peacock or Merseyside which has produced Graham, Roby, Wellens, Cunningham, or the masses of players from Greater Manchester and Cumbria?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3829
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
In Springfield, they're eating the dogs, the people that came in. They're eating the cats! They're eating the pets!:18686.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Really? you think that Amateur Rugby in Wakefield will go to the wall if Wakefield are relegated? how many new amatuer clubs are there in Wakefield since 1999?

Hasnt there been a club in Eastmoor since 1881? You really think the team would fold because there is now only one SL club in the district and 4 semi-pro clubs?

Yes, I believe if there were only one SL club in the Metropolitan District of Wigan they would still play RL in Wigan. Similarly if there was only one club in the metropolitan district of Wakefield, they would still play RL in Wakefield.

There's hardly a hundred year old amateur set up in London. In that context, and in the context of a comparison to areas with a similar histories and amateur set ups Wakefields history of youth development is nothing to be proud of.
Whose footing the bill now? Who foots the bill if Glover walks out? Who foots the bill if Paul Caddick walks out or Ian Lenegan?'"

Smokey, I haven’t got the will to dissect each paragraph, you believe that if W.T.W were cast into the abyss the grass roots systems would stay in place ad infinitum. Whereas I believe the opposite, & only time will tell who is correct.

You side-swiped the theoretical question re: Wigan.

If the Wigan club were banished from the top table, you really believe the lads from the feeder clubs would play for St Helens, I find that preposterous.

Wakefield’s history in youth development is nothing to be proud of? It’s been a conveyor belt of talent for Leeds for many years.

Regarding your question of who’s footing the bill, I presume you mean the Welsh project, to be honest, I haven’t got a clue. I know last year it was Red Hall, not sure about this season, maybe the avid expansionist on here could have a whip-round. The next three years, well, they could become a team challenging for the G.F with a Wembley appearance under their belts, with attendances rising to 8,000. Or they may continue buying bargain basement players, bumping along the bottom, generating even less supporters & going bust, crystal ball time…

If we’re both alive & kicking in ten years, I would like to revisit the outcome, to apologise, or, await yours.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Smokey, I haven’t got the will to dissect each paragraph, you believe that if W.T.W were cast into the abyss the grass roots systems would stay in place ad infinitum. Whereas I believe the opposite, & only time will tell who is correct.

You side-swiped the theoretical question reYes, i certainly do. I think the lads in Wigan will play for their local amateur side and if they are fortunate enough to be offered professional terms by any club they will accept them, they wont reject them because Wigan arent in the top flight any more. It would be nonsense to suggest so.

I cant believe that any kid would turn down the opportunity to be a professional RL player because St Helens offered them terms and Wigan werent able to.

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Wakefield’s history in youth development is nothing to be proud of? It’s been a conveyor belt of talent for Leeds for many years.'"
Not really, and Wakefield have had more than their fair share of Leeds products playing for them over the years.

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Regarding your question of who’s footing the bill, I presume you mean the Welsh project, to be honest, I haven’t got a clue. I know last year it was Red Hall, '"
It wasnt the RFL really though was it. The RFL no more 'footed the bill' than paying for a meal in a restaurant on a credit card means mastercard are 'footing the bill'.

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "not sure about this season, maybe the avid expansionist on here could have a whip-round.'"
Maybe the flatcappers could have a whip round to help your double glazing salesman pay for half a million or so increase in wages he is promising for your club which has lost hundreds of thousands over the preceeding years.
Quote: The Devil's Advocate "The next three years, well, they could become a team challenging for the G.F with a Wembley appearance under their belts, with attendances rising to 8,000. Or they may continue buying bargain basement players, bumping along the bottom, generating even less supporters & going bust, crystal ball time…

If we’re both alive & kicking in ten years, I would like to revisit the outcome, to apologise, or, await yours.'"
Maybe so.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Why would we allow you to define 'facilities' for me
Just put the bloody graphs on here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Crusaders have to be the ones to go.
1. Awful attendances.
2. Bottom of SL 2/3 years.
3. Awful financial management.
4. Not really and 'expansion' team now they are located in Wrexham.

222 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
222 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.05712890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MadDogg
16m
Squad 2024
faxcar
16m