JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There's a thread on the Leeds board about the lack of big money transfers in RL, and he discussion inevitably led to he fact there's little money in the game... I floated an idea on that thread and thought it would be good to get people's opinions on here on the subject.....

Basically, I believe any changes to salary caps, marquee player allowances, number of teams in SL to try and increase interest in the game (and therefore potentially money into the game) would really be papering over the cracks - as these initiatives would only really entice existing fans of RL back to the sport - we need more casual viewers and a wider audience.

So... My thought...The key to increasing the amount of media coverage, sponsorship and money generally flowing into the game is to increase the awareness of our sport to 'non-RL folk' - get more people to know about and take an interest in RL, and I think there's a fairly obvious way we can do this - but it will take a bold and risky move... At the next set of TV deal negotiations, be prepared to take less of a cut from Sky and insist on a level of 'free to air' coverage of the game - even if it's just 1 game a week and a highlights programme.

There'd be a significant drop in the TV rights money earned on that deal I'm sure, but I think this would be short term pain for long term gain. The British public love live sport, our sport is great for TV, and there's minimal live sport available 'free to air'. A regular time slot on terrestrial TV could see us gain a huge national following.... The key here would be to make sure it's a good professional production, and not one the just backs up our 'Northern Working Class' reputation...

In the late 80's, early 90's, lots of non RL folk from all over the country could name players like Hanley, Schofield, Offiah, Edwards, Robinson, just from the amount of air play we got for the Challenge Cup and the odd GB series - People I work with from down South nowadays couldn't name a single current player.....

Going 'free to air' could open up a huge advertising market, make our players household names again and get big businesses interested in sponsoring our teams and our league...

What do people think? Is it plausible? Would the general public be interested?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_143.jpg

Having successful teams in prosperous areas of the country ie the SE will be needed. Can' t see the finance being available to achieve that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6809
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18302_1567366773.png
[b:1crbsr9w] Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021! Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022! [/b:1crbsr9w]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18302.png

Quote: Superted "There's a thread on the Leeds board about the lack of big money transfers in RL, and he discussion inevitably led to he fact there's little money in the game... I floated an idea on that thread and thought it would be good to get people's opinions on here on the subject.....

Basically, I believe any changes to salary caps, marquee player allowances, number of teams in SL to try and increase interest in the game (and therefore potentially money into the game) would really be papering over the cracks - as these initiatives would only really entice existing fans of RL back to the sport - we need more casual viewers and a wider audience.

So... My thought...The key to increasing the amount of media coverage, sponsorship and money generally flowing into the game is to increase the awareness of our sport to 'non-RL folk' - get more people to know about and take an interest in RL, and I think there's a fairly obvious way we can do this - but it will take a bold and risky move... At the next set of TV deal negotiations, be prepared to take less of a cut from Sky and insist on a level of 'free to air' coverage of the game - even if it's just 1 game a week and a highlights programme.

There'd be a significant drop in the TV rights money earned on that deal I'm sure, but I think this would be short term pain for long term gain. The British public love live sport, our sport is great for TV, and there's minimal live sport available 'free to air'. A regular time slot on terrestrial TV could see us gain a huge national following.... The key here would be to make sure it's a good professional production, and not one the just backs up our 'Northern Working Class' reputation...

In the late 80's, early 90's, lots of non RL folk from all over the country could name players like Hanley, Schofield, Offiah, Edwards, Robinson, just from the amount of air play we got for the Challenge Cup and the odd GB series - People I work with from down South nowadays couldn't name a single current player.....

Going 'free to air' could open up a huge advertising market, make our players household names again and get big businesses interested in sponsoring our teams and our league...

What do people think? Is it plausible? Would the general public be interested?'"

No. The only way to raise the profile of rugby league is to get more teams from outside the M62 into Super League. London and Toulouse are the obvious first choices. But more teams from the midlands or the south are needed, as well as two more French clubs, including one from Paris..

After that make a serious effort to get more sponsorship from national and international corporate entities.

After that is achieved, try to acquire one game a week on terrestrial, preferably BBC.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1606No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'd agree that expansion is required and would benefit the game (if done and supported correctly), but I wouldn't say it's the 'only' way to raise our profile.

I strongly believe our product is good enough anyway to increase our profile if we have the right initiatives, but expansion would absolutely support and enhance this.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

We've absolutely no chance of raising the profile of our sport in the short or medium term...............the horse bolted years ago.

Having sold out to SKY for cheap money, the RFL inept of procuring big MAJOR sponsors deals, a PR decline with the national media. Then we have the quality of super league player in rapid decline not helped by a Salary Cap that just can't compete with the Union Code and NRL comp. We are probably about 5 years away from all our players in the international side playing away from these shores because super league is so weak in intensity and challenge.
The RFL won't come out of there comfort zone, won't risk the alternatives because they know failure will put us on the brink of disaster. We were promised new connections and media improvements via Brian Barwick who in 3 years of office has offered very little to enhance our sport.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

I reckon on a more basic level, it also doesn't help how the majority of games start.

I've taken loads of people down to watch Wakey (tough sell already icon_lol.gif ) but in most games the first 15 - 20 mins are usually teams going through the sets, trying to establish territory and playing % rugby. Obviously while a dyed in the wool fan like me can see this is sensible, I think quite a few decide that it's just 5 drives and a kick and switch off.

On the other hand I've had people I've brought down get season tickets and come to other games but it still baffles me how it's such a hard sell. Such a great game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2622
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45934_1538869507.jpg
[quote="Lebron James":37zhy5zz] [b:37zhy5zz]Saints by 32 Regards King James[/b:37zhy5zz] [/quote:37zhy5zz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45934.jpg

Quote: Judder Man "We've absolutely no chance of raising the profile of our sport in the short or medium term...............the horse bolted years ago.

Having sold out to SKY for cheap money, the RFL inept of procuring big MAJOR sponsors deals, a PR decline with the national media. Then we have the quality of super league player in rapid decline not helped by a Salary Cap that just can't compete with the Union Code and NRL comp. We are probably about 5 years away from all our players in the international side playing away from these shores because super league is so weak in intensity and challenge.
The RFL won't come out of there comfort zone, won't risk the alternatives because they know failure will put us on the brink of disaster. We were promised new connections and media improvements via Brian Barwick who in 3 years of office has offered very little to enhance our sport.'"

......and as for Saints icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1599No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46920_1473009033.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46920.jpg

International rugby is the only way to raise the profile.

More Internationals, with the best players in the World playing each other on a regular basis.

Cricket, Rugby Union, Athletics or any Olympic sports profiles are raised through International competition.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

I think it has to be a multi-faceted approach. We are of course always hamstrung by lack of money which means we can't give up significant amounts of income and we can't embark on any kind of even mid-level publicity campaign.
We have to be establish a long term strategy. Sadly the RFL's version of long term is about 3 seasons when really we have to look at about 15 years. Because of our current position progress will be painfully slow in a country that does what the media tells it to and with a media that doesn't give a toss about anything north of Watford.
But we have to establish that strategy and then, crucially, have the balls to stick with it.

In my inexpert opinion, I think we need to do following:
1 - Internationals
We still need a proper set international calendar. I also think we need the Internationals to be mid-season. I think they get somewhat lost and feel like an add-on to the season rather than the pinnacle.
Having at least 1 England game at a big stadium in London is a must. It attracts so much more publicity than having them all up north.

2 - I think, due to our scarce resources, we have to pick an area for expansion. For me it'd be Newcastle and/or Manchester. Take an international to the place, tie in with the Magic Weekend, put money into increasing school and amateur take-up in those areas. Tie in with the local club (Thunder/Red Devils)

3 - Id introduce a 2nd cup competition and some version of Yorks v Lancs to give the season some variety.

4 - The most important aspect IMO - a huge focus on expanding participation at grassroots level. Even in the heartlands participation is rubbish. So to start with the focus would be on the heartlands and specified expansion areas. Change how the current amateur leagues work to encourage higher participation at all ages including adults. A big push on Touch, Tag, schools and girls/women's RL. Hopefully encouraging those people who either leave the sport or never even bother trying it to come and be a part. I'd also establish strong links between the RFL and the amateur/schools/touch clubs/organisations. Encourage attendance at RL events with either discounted tickets or a scheme whereby the club/organisation can make a bit of money from selling tickets for it.

If we want a higher profile we need more and different people involved in the game. To get more media (especially with the sh|thouses that masquerade as media) we need more than just "oh Leeds have beaten St Helens again". We need some variety in the season and some more easily marketable events such as Yorks v Lancs and another cup comp.
But we also need to involve people regularly. The amateur game is the entry point to a sport for many many people, and ours too often fails RL in that regard.

Now none of this will transform RL overnight. But a sustained, concerted effort, FROM THE WHOLE SPORT, should over time reap dividends in the future.

What we desperately, desperately need is a long term strategy, not short term panicking and chucking what little money we have at players. We did that in the 80's and 90's and that's what left us in the position we only just recovered from 20 years ago.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

FTA sounds good in theory but I can't see any channels being interested in airing one match a week in a prime slot on Friday/Sat/Sun every week for the majority of the year.

As for internationals, we don't have enough top teams to have a proper international schedule. Yes playing at the end of the season creates an end of year add-on feel but basically just playing the same two teams is the big problem and it won't be taken seriously until we have several teams at the that level. Always said imagine how RU or cricket would do if it's internationals were basically just made up of Eng/NZ/Aus and the rest just "whipping boy rabble" that never came close to beating the top 3.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Red Hall need to get off the backside and sell the game to where the money investors are be it Russia, India, China even the USA. The game can'r raise its profile without money and media support, thats the be all and end all, we need something now in a similar process when Sky and Uncle Mo discussed and fast tracked the super league concept.
Raising the importance of internationals is OK but we need a complete overall of Superleague it lacks quality, intensity and the sky presentation is stale. The Yorkshire v Lancashire re introduction is a good start but give it a lot more weight like the origin games, re badge it as Wests v Easts to get rid of the North of England (M62) vision. The RFL need to take a risk with the Challenge Cup and send it out for broadcast tender with a balanced fixture of rounds with the final in July away from the season starts of football and Union.
The magic weekend should be a 9's comp over 3 days involving more clubs in a seeded preliminary couple of rounds and set in the Newcastle or Birmingham areas well away from any rugby league hot bed area. The RFL are just not dynamic enough to change things quickly and seem to be scared of all the eggs falling out of the one basket. Nigel and Brian are not the ones capable of taking the game forward with purpose and haste, the stobart deal was just one piece of proof of that fact.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member20441
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:1wlcmlhe][color=#800000:1wlcmlhe]WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017 & 2024 SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 & 2023 CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013, 2022 & 2024 LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012, 2020, 2023 & 2024 ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2024 WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018 BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2024 CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012 [/color:1wlcmlhe][/b:1wlcmlhe]:

Is this the same Uncle Mo who was hated by most supporters outside the Wigan area?

Still to this day the most visionary executive the game has had in modern history.

Re-introduced the World Club Challenges, tookinternationals to larger stadiums (Wembley), dragged the game from winter rugby with the invention of Super League. Not all his ideas were favoured (mergers) but I remember an interview from the mid nineties where he stated his dream would be to see a challenge cup final Birmingham v Wigan, full to capacity. Ahead of his time, unfortunately in a sport where risk and change is unwelcomed by a large majority.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "FTA sounds good in theory but I can't see any channels being interested in airing one match a week in a prime slot on Friday/Sat/Sun every week for the majority of the year.

As for internationals, we don't have enough top teams to have a proper international schedule. Yes playing at the end of the season creates an end of year add-on feel but basically just playing the same two teams is the big problem and it won't be taken seriously until we have several teams at the that level. Always said imagine how RU or cricket would do if it's internationals were basically just made up of Eng/NZ/Aus and the rest just "whipping boy rabble" that never came close to beating the top 3.'"

I agree. Which is why I think we need a mid-season 5 Nations every year and we need to focus funding and support on Wales and France to try and get them to a position where they're able to give England a game.

I've said it before but I also think we need some rule changes in the game to avoid blowout score lines. You only need to be slightly better than your opponent in RL to run up 40-50 points, that doesn't happen in Union or football. The nature of those games keeps the scores closer. So I think we need other areas for teams to compete in other than the play the ball, such as scrums and maybe look again at the kickoff and some other areas as to where we can allow teams to compete and avoid one team easily establishing dominance in a game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

What like letting the other side get the ball back after one team score like in U8s icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4747
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73327_1685730441.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73327.jpg

Quote: jools "What like letting the other side get the ball back after one team score like in U8s
Didn't they used to do that?

35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.2607421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MadDogg
20m
Squad 2024
faxcar
20m
Rumours thread
The Avenger
29m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
29m
Film game
Boss Hog
45m
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
46m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
49m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
UllFC
Recent
Call for funds
Tony Fax
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Loiner at la
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours thread
The Avenger
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
2m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Loiner at la
3m
Squad 2024
faxcar
3m
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
3m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
4m
Whitehaven Away
the fax in a
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
MadDogg
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,275 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22