JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just going on to the serious aspect and the issues Tim2 has alluded to.

Its all good and well sending the parents off or to a suitable distance away, I have done that many a time only to be confronted when we get to the changing rooms for said person to have a second go at me, report goes in and the model nowadays is for whenever a coach, spectator or any playing staff get dismissed is for the rest of the club including people who probably weren't at the game to write letters in saying this, that and the other didn't happen and the punishments don't match what happened as its basically 1 report vs many. Now this is just on a minority of cases but a significant minority and im sick of seeing my colleagues dragged through this. Its not usually the players who are the issue so the humourous post about running from spotty schoolboys is a bit off the mark, it's usually the parents who are bigger than us.

Also from a development point of view, if senior officials like me and Tim2 (polite term for old gits) are getting fed up of behaviour standands, how can you expect us to blood new junior officials into the game into the swearing and personal abuse. This leads into the threads on here about the quality of officials not being good enough maybe there are some excellent officials out there but they are discouraged from taking the course and going down the route from what they see us go through. I have to remind them it gets easier the higher you go, when you get to Championship level it just becomes noise and its not personal most the time, it comes with the uniform. Unfortunately if you don't have the numbers, you don't get the strength.

Also because we don't have the strength or organisation the junior game suffers in terms of match official, I was just speaking to one of my colleagues who is off to Australia for studying and everything from U15s above is like Championship level here, they have a ref, two tjs who have communications kit (which works) and a timekeeper / scorekeeper. You look at our U15s games and its some poor old soul by himself

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

I must admit that I am amazed how much respect is shown to refs here in Perth usually. Even alot of the crowd address the ref as "sir" if they yell something at him! It is something that is bred into the kids at jnr level, always call the ref sir.

I have mentioned this before but the funiest thing I ever saw on a RL field was andy dannat (ex Hull prop) reffing an under 12's game in West Hull. One particlularly gobby father was giving all the kids a spray and Dannat blew his whistle to stop the game. Strolled over to the idiot and in no uncertain terms told him what course of action would occur if he didn;t keep his mouth shut. Needless to say the man never peeped another thing!

Maybe that is the answer, employ props as refs or touchies!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13355
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Alive n kicking:

Quote: justarugbyfan "I was watching a amateur game this morning whilst waiting for my nephews game to kick off and was appalled by the amount of abuse that one of the teams parents delivered. The game was only U12's or 13's I think but they were swearing at the referee as well as the players. One of the parents was also urging her team to use their elbow in the tackle and applauded one of the lads when he did.

I found it utterly disgusting that the RFL have started this RESPECT campain and abuse is still a massive problem. The coaches were even wearing RESPECT bibs but that didn't stop them from swearing at opposition players.

Surely there must be something that the RL community can do to stop this from happening as people like this are making a mockery out of our sport.'"

the behaviour of some parents is deplorable and it always ends up being those who should know better and who any other given week would behave like normal human beings should. the others just dont know any better and just get frustrated cos they have never held a ball in hand in real battle . either way all are knobs

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member43413
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3614_1281651917.jpg
[url:2qyny6du]https://twitter.com/Mr_Hutchie[/url:2qyny6du] [b:2qyny6du]@Mr_Hutchie[/b:2qyny6du] [url:2qyny6du]http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hullwykearlfc/[/url:2qyny6du]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3614.jpg

Ive seen Tims reffing, no wonder he gets abuse icon_smile.gif

Only kidding mate, hope your keeping well , are the Sheffield lot still playing ?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman863No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp032.gif
I want the finest wines available to humanity - I want them here and I want them now!:simpsons/simp032.gif

Quote: Hutchie "Ive seen Tims reffing, no wonder he gets abuse
No, sadly not. But I'm trying to start touch and tag in North Derbyshire, it'd be nice to lock horns with some of the old foes again!

RankPostsTeam
International Star286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56422_1298254810.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56422.gif

my experience here in Australia is that the junior leagues are well organised and managed and there are teams of referees that are appointed to a days refereeing, as such they have peer support at the game... also the clubs themselves are held accountable and each team manager along with the ground manager is on hand to manage the attendees.

58 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
58 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.1328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
0m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
1m