FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Bradford Bulls > Promotion? No chance!
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Star437No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72761_1404204935.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72761.jpg

As an outsider looking in it seems to me that although you ended last season very well you have managed to fall further behind Leigh this off-season.

Whilst they have strengthened with some impressive signings your club has attracted publicity for the wrong reasons with James Lowes rant at the end of the million pound game and now Marc Greens allegations about Salfords salary cap.

Wakefield do look weak but i cant realistically see any more than one team being promoted.

Comparing the team of Leigh to your Bradford team do the majority of you see promotion as unrealistic?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5874No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

What sort of comparison is that?
Leigh have signed some impressive players and we've.....attracted bad publicity?
So because Marc Green's letter was leaked to the press, that is in some way going to hinder our promotion chances? How?!

For what it's worth I think our squad has strengthened in some areas and weakened in others.
We've signed some more props, which we needed to do. We've also signed some backs and released those who probably weren't good enough.
Last season our scrum half was injured for long periods and pretty lousy for others. His replacement for 2016 is, as of right now, a complete unknown, so it's impossible to say if we've improved in that area.
Losing Mullaney was a huge blow imo. Granted he missed a lot of last season but when he did play he was very influential and, in all honesty, too good for the championship. The jury is still out on who will get our 1 shirt. Maybe Thomas will get it and do well? Maybe Clare can make the switch to fullback a permanent one? Again, it's too early to tell.

So is promotion unrealistic? No more so than last season, and we were one try away from managing it then.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2043
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28029_1671444168.jpg
Don't think i'm biased... ...i'm just very narrow minded!!!!!!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28029.jpg

Quote: Pacific "As an outsider looking in it seems to me that although you ended last season very well you have managed to fall further behind Leigh this off-season.

Whilst they have strengthened with some impressive signings your club has attracted publicity for the wrong reasons with James Lowes rant at the end of the million pound game and now Marc Greens allegations about Salfords salary cap.

Wakefield do look weak but i cant realistically see any more than one team being promoted.

Comparing the team of Leigh to your Bradford team do the majority of you see promotion as unrealistic?'"

I wouldn't say we have no chance, but i'd suggest it would be slim at this moment.

The only thing I can say is that we have kept the core of what was a team that came within 15mins (and 8pts) of winning promotion back to Super League. We also finished 4pts ahead of Leigh in the qualifiers despite the so called big name signings of Moi Moi, Hock and Higham.

I genuinely don't think that the new additions are going to make that much of a difference. Chase blows hot and cold. Any team he has played in have suffered as everything runs through him. Cas, Salford, England... none have done much with him in the team. Cas have become a much better side since he left and I expect the same will be the case for Salford.

Tonga is past his best as is Patterson. The only signing I'm genuinely impressed with is Harrison Hanson.

Look at the spine of the team and I think we more than match them, even maybe a bit stronger...

Full Back - Campbell/Clare vs McNally = Leigh win
Stand Off - Gaskell vs Ridyard = Bulls win
Scrum Half - Jacks vs Chase/Brierley = Leigh win
Hooker - O' Brien vs Higham = Bulls win
Loose Forward - Addy vs Patterson = 50/50

Think the interesting thing for me is whether we strengthen mid season ahead of the qualifiers and then struggle to settle them into the team (like Leigh did).

Also interested whether Leigh actually have any budget to strengthen down the line should some of their so called big names pick up any injuries.

A lot of ifs and buts... don't think anyone knows hows its all going to pan out but I think its closer than you make out.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

I think this question is better being asked in the last 7 games which is what actually matters.

As it stands, yes Leigh have a better squad than ours. But it's a long old season and Leigh have some volatile characters that could implode at any moment.

Injuries and suspensions will always play a part. We'll recruit throughout the season.

Agree with Both his. We haven't made any eye catching signings, but we've kept the core of stars within our team, while improving the depth which we didn't have last year resulting in our star players being flogged to death. In 7 months time I believe we'll have a few additions and be a stronger team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4525
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13619.gif
:13619.gif

I think the question will only be answered when people can see how weak the teams are in the bottom 4 of SL.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68505_1605979550.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68505.jpg

I don't see either Bradford or Leigh getting promoted without something terrible happening to at least one SL team in the run up to the Middle 8's.

Leigh have signed a number of big names from Salford, however Salford's season last year wasn't what you'd call exemplary. There was clearly some bad feeling behind the closed doors over there and I'm not sure that taking a number of players, who Salford fans seem happy to see the back of, is the best move Leigh could have made

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24148_1315916334.jpg
[quote="OFFTHECUFF":1xb0p6sn] Wish i could watch a team like Leigh. :CLAP: [/quote:1xb0p6sn] [quote="Steve":1xb0p6sn] Dislike Leigh with a passion, but they are a million miles ahead of any other club in this league, a sad fact. [/quote:1xb0p6sn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24148.jpg

Quote: bullinenemyland "I wouldn't say we have no chance, but i'd suggest it would be slim at this moment.

The only thing I can say is that we have kept the core of what was a team that came within 15mins (and 8pts) of winning promotion back to Super League. We also finished 4pts ahead of Leigh in the qualifiers despite the so called big name signings of Moi Moi, Hock and Higham.

I genuinely don't think that the new additions are going to make that much of a difference. Chase blows hot and cold. Any team he has played in have suffered as everything runs through him. Cas, Salford, England... none have done much with him in the team. Cas have become a much better side since he left and I expect the same will be the case for Salford.

Tonga is past his best as is Patterson. The only signing I'm genuinely impressed with is Harrison Hanson.

Look at the spine of the team and I think we more than match them, even maybe a bit stronger...

Full Back - Campbell/Clare vs McNally

Cory Paterson is only 28, hardly 'past his best'.

Also in terms of budget we had a deal all but sorted with Jason Chan recently but he had to retire so I guess we must have at least have some space left under the cap.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1004
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74018_1452891676.jpg
[i:2zdvjjq6]"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger[/i:2zdvjjq6]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74018.jpg

The thing that Bradford have become good at is quietly getting on with business and not overstating our ability. That reflects in the transfers where we are no longer willing (or maybe able) to sign overrated primadonnas that could either catapult the club into the Super League, or drag the club down with them.

I fear for Leigh - their owner has instilled belief into the club and that should be commended, but it seems this belief turned into delusion last year, and now with these signings we have the owner and fans alike thinking they will bulldoze the league and walk the qualifiers.

I would prefer to be a Bulls fans right now. We might not hit dizzy heights week in week out, but we have some stability about us at the moment and the playing staff no longer flatter to deceive. With that, expectation has lessened, and that can only be a good thing for Bradford. Leigh on the other hand could be heading for heartbreak.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24148_1315916334.jpg
[quote="OFFTHECUFF":1xb0p6sn] Wish i could watch a team like Leigh. :CLAP: [/quote:1xb0p6sn] [quote="Steve":1xb0p6sn] Dislike Leigh with a passion, but they are a million miles ahead of any other club in this league, a sad fact. [/quote:1xb0p6sn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24148.jpg

Quote: DrFeelgood "The thing that Bradford have become good at is quietly getting on with business and not overstating our ability. That reflects in the transfers where we are no longer willing (or maybe able) to sign overrated primadonnas that could either catapult the club into the Super League, or drag the club down with them.

I fear for Leigh - their owner has instilled belief into the club and that should be commended, but it seems this belief turned into delusion last year, and now with these signings we have the owner and fans alike thinking they will bulldoze the league and walk the qualifiers.

I would prefer to be a Bulls fans right now. We might not hit dizzy heights week in week out, but we have some stability about us at the moment and the playing staff no longer flatter to deceive. With that, expectation has lessened, and that can only be a good thing for Bradford. Leigh on the other hand could be heading for heartbreak.'"

I think most Leigh fans are perfectly grounded in their expectations. It is a minority, albeit a very vocal minority, that are predicting world domination and a nice easy stroll into Super League.

Derek is fond of sweeping statements and sometimes it can be a bit much but Paul Rowley is much more reserved and is keen to downplay expectations when possible. I would be much more worried if it was our coach coming out with grand claims and bold predictions. As long as the coach and players know they are on the wrong side of an unfair and badly weighted system then I have no problem with a few fans and the owner coming out with a bit of hot air now and again, even if it is a touch cringe worthy at times. It is only 6 years ago we were all but relegated to Championship 1 so it is understandable that some Leythers are a bit giddy with how far we have come since those dismal days! The club and the whole town is absolutely buzzing and that is a great feeling regardless of how things finish at the end of the season.

I expect a top 2 finish for us and would settle for us showing even a glimpse of what we are capable of when the 8's come around which is more than we managed last year. I hope that is enough to get us into SL but it all seems a long way away at the minute. All focus for us should be on the Batley game for now and worry about the 8's if and when we get there!

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: roofaldo2 "I don't see either Bradford or Leigh getting promoted without something terrible happening to at least one SL team in the run up to the Middle 8's.

Leigh have signed a number of big names from Salford, however Salford's season last year wasn't what you'd call exemplary. There was clearly some bad feeling behind the closed doors over there and I'm not sure that taking a number of players, who Salford fans seem happy to see the back of, is the best move Leigh could have made'"

Is there any players and coaches salford fans dont slag off who have left.

Common theme is Koukash ess them all off and then Salford fans jump on the band wagon.

It also must be said Salford were doing fine in the league until Leigh knocked them out the cup and lots of injuries set in

RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69500_1482141774.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69500.jpg

Quote: j.c "Is there any players and coaches salford fans dont slag off who have left.

Common theme is Koukash ess them all off and then Salford fans jump on the band wagon.

It also must be said Salford were doing fine in the league until Leigh knocked them out the cup and lots of injuries set in'"

It's essentially.... Salford have bad game. Koukash does his "I'm rich and I can do and say what I want" routine, gobs off on Twitter and in the Changing Rooms, the players' morale plummets lower than Leigh in the Middle 8s, and they question why they bother putting the effort in.

Not very professional, but human nature.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5874No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

I think Widnes, Wakefield and Hull KR are looking favourites for the bottom 4 right now. I'm still not sure of the 4th team though. Salford might be in there again, but a full pre-season with Sheens at the helm might actually mean they scrape above someone else and make the top eight. Maybe Hull FC? They have a good squad on paper but Radford is clueless and their season could easily fall apart.

I would be worried if I was a KR fan. Battered by Hudds in a recent friendly, a handful of injuries already and they don't have any decent cover for Campese who currently has no return date from a long term injury. Plus I don't really rate Chester, so it could be a long season for them.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: HamsterChops "It's essentially.... Salford have bad game. Koukash does his "I'm rich and I can do and say what I want" routine, gobs off on Twitter and in the Changing Rooms, the players' morale plummets lower than Leigh in the Middle 8s, and they question why they bother putting the effort in.
Not very professional, but human nature.'"

That sums it up nicely i think.

People keep saying they fear for Leigh because of the players they've signed, personally i fear for Salford should Tim Sheens walk away

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68505_1605979550.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68505.jpg

Quote: Nothus "I think Widnes, Wakefield and Hull KR are looking favourites for the bottom 4 right now. I'm still not sure of the 4th team though. Salford might be in there again, but a full pre-season with Sheens at the helm might actually mean they scrape above someone else and make the top eight. Maybe Hull FC? They have a good squad on paper but Radford is clueless and their season could easily fall apart.

I would be worried if I was a KR fan. Battered by Hudds in a recent friendly, a handful of injuries already and they don't have any decent cover for Campese who currently has no return date from a long term injury. Plus I don't really rate Chester, so it could be a long season for them.'"

I'd be surprised if Radford sees out the season in all honesty

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31690
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... ord_Bulls/

Jeez Ross is a miserable git these days isn't he?

The club will be ecstatic about that article I'm sure!
www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... ord_Bulls/

Jeez Ross is a miserable git these days isn't he?

The club will be ecstatic about that article I'm sure!

56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.95654296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squads - Leopards v Giants
satanicmills
53m
Odsal lease up for sale
Wigan Bull
Recent
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
Chris71
33s
Odsal lease up for sale
Wigan Bull
34s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35s
Cas
RfE
40s
Rumours and signings v9
jonh
45s
Saints h
Zig
46s
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
1m
Arthur In
KaeruJim
1m
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
Willzay
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
satanicmills
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
RfE
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
TODAY
Saints h
Zig
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
batleyrhino
TODAY
Arthur In
KaeruJim
TODAY
Wakefield H
Peter Goddar
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
Or thane
TODAY
Academy Internationa
Winslade's O
TODAY
Jamie Humphreys NRL Debut
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
York v Dons Sunday 14th July 2024 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Warrington v Wigan Super League game to take place in Las Ve
Saddened!
TODAY
Las Vegas Official
TF and the w
TODAY
have the rules changed
Spookisback
TODAY
FC v hull kr
Jake the Peg
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,570 ↓-380,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
St.Helens
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
WSL2024
WiganW-St.HelensW
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10