JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Dweeb is now reduced to doing his best Violet Elizabeth Bott impersonation of going off in a huge sulk, stamping his little feet because the nasty men are asking him hard questions.

Dweeb has posted NOTHING but this sort of rant for several pages now, and it is clear he is a busted flush, so Dweeb I suggest back in yer box unless and until you calm down enough to at least try to frame a response to something like 30-odd specific and sensible direct questions posed to you.

Tip 1: Responding to any question with some other waffling rhetorical question doesn't count.

Tip 2: Replying with "What questions haven't I answered" doesn't pass muster either. The answer is basically "none so far"
But you could start with my question as to your claim that RFL is not a creditor of OKB and whether their claim of around £900k in the administration is therefore fraudulent. Like all the other questions, you either skirt round them, like some border collie on amphetamines, or else pretend they were never asked.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

Quote: LeagueDweeb "Any evidence of this being the case? Or is it just another chip on the shoulder urban myth?'"

There is enough in the press over the pas 2 years stating the clubs shared the Bulls share of the central funding.

If this was not the case, the RFL would have set the records straight, as the decision to let the clubs decide what happened to the cash makes them look weak and unbiased.

Do you have any proof which backs up your argument that the Bulls share of the central funding did not go to the SL clubs? Thought not!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

You've lost the plot, Dweeb.

The administration receipts and payments account is a matter of public record. I am looking at it now. The figures are as I stated. Are you accusing P&A of presenting an incorrect or even fraudulent report? I have accused them of all manner of things, but deliberate falsification of a legal document would never be one of them.

All you have done is seek to justify why the RFL confiscated c.£1.3m off future, and blameless, owners, without providing ANYTHING to support the reason for that amount.

Yet it was YOU who stated, right at the start [i"It wasn't a fine as there is nothing in the operational rules regarding financial punishment. It was the RFL recouping the huge amount of funds it had to pay the administrator to prevent liquidation".[/i I think I have demonstrated that it most definitely cannot have been that. Which makes you either mistaken, seriously disingenuous or a liar.

You seem to be acknowledging, absent any rebuttal, that the confiscation WAS connected with the buying of the lease. Yet are silent on the consequence that I pointed out.

You are also resorting increasingly to the last refuge of those who are losing the argument, and putting up increasing numbers of straw men. Kindly cease attributing to me - and others - statements we have not made, and opinions we have not expressed. It is dishonest, and frankly undermines any remaining shreds of argument you may have.

You state that had the RFL not made loans to BBH in 2012 then bought the lease, then there would have been no club.

No.

BBH would have gone into administration.

HOW THE HELL do you know that no-one would have come in for the club, to acquire the assets and carry on? Given that that is precisely what has happened TWICE since then, with the club in a FAR wporse position AND with the masive financial confiscation hanging over the head of any new owner, it BEGGARS BELIEF that no-one would have come in!!! Indeed, the common asumption was that no less than Mr Caisley would have done precisely that and maybe indeed was intending to do precisely that.

You allege the rent was not paid post-purchase - another new allegation. Fine. So where the hell is the RFL as a creditor in the list of creditors at date of administration that I am looking at? Surely the rent will have been invoiced? Like any normal commercial business would do? And anyway, at £78k p.a. we are hardly talking huge amounts. And

For the avoidance of doubt, I have not, ever, anywhere, blamed the problems of the club on the RFL.

I have stated[i
FWIW, I am expecting that, when history comes to be written, the actions of the RFL over a protracted period (including approving OK as an appropriate new owner) will be seen to have turned an ongoing crisis (a crisis, let's be clear, caused entirely by incompetant and irresponsible club managements and ownerships not the RFL) into a total unmitigated disaster.[/i

I really hope that you are just an apologist for the senior officials at the RFL, and not actually one of them as has been alleged. Because, if you are inded one of the latter, then it sadly demonstrates just what sort of people are running the show.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9986No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13747_1541715311.jpg
[b:3g5rrn89](and I feel fine)[/b:3g5rrn89]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13747.jpg

Quote: LeagueDweeb "So in essence you are saying that because the RFL advanced circa £300k to P&A, there was a punishment of £1m which was distributed among the other Super league clubs?

Any evidence of this being the case? Or is it just another chip on the shoulder urban myth?'"

Are you seriously suggesting that that "redistribution" did not happen? That all the other clubs have colluded to make up a story about sharing Bradford's sky money?

How bizarre!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Oh, and one last point.

If, as you allege, the confiscation from the subsequent purchaser was effectively to recover funds that the RFL had advanced to BBH and not recovered, then would it not be fair to say that this would just HAVE to be taken into account by a subsequent purchaser in the purchase consideration?

And that, therefore, the consideration was likely to be considerably less than it might otherwise have been?

Which meant that additional funds that might have been available to pay a dividend to the creditors were not there?

Because the RFL had engineered a way to get paid in full?

Now that might be a bit more complicated than a normal "fraudulent preference", and therefore a little harder for an administrator or liquidator to recover. But I suspect such an action could be well open to legal challenge?

And, just think: All the trouble that could have been avoided, had the confiscated funds been placed into a trust to provide for settlemement of the creditors...

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

Not only that Adey, but if the Bulls are in the process of paying back the 1.3 million to the RFL, then this must cover almost 2/3 of the overall debt attached to the last (or one before(even 1 before that)) administration, meaning we should be due some points back in our appeal!

Unless, the RFL are suggesting that they are not an actual creditor (just a pretend one that wants its 1.3 million back).

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Must admit, if What Dweeb says is the official RFL line, then if I was HMRC or one of the other major creditors, I would be asking my lawyers to check out what might be deemed to constitute a "fraudulent preference". But I suppose the action of the RFL distributing the confiscated share to the other clubs, giving them the same net outlay and therefore not having actually enjoyed any preference, would be the defence?

Funny, that.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Well, at least we've learnt how many times the same unsupported, demonstrably taken apart rubbish can be reposted and it appears to be ad nauseum.

If the Dweeb is they guy from the RFL working on the case, we now know why there has been no work done in the case of the lies told to the RFL enquiry into the Kopczak transfer, which blew open after Keith Mason took the club to court; he's spending too much time on the internet!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Adey, are you solar powered?

RankPostsTeam
International Star18No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Rarely post but read most days, had to come on to say welcome back Adey, great posts re Mr Dweeb.
PS If Mr Dweeb is part of the RFL, I think one of his colleagues ought to take that shovel off him sharpish.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1149
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The dangers of trying to be a good Samaritan - if you see an animal dying of self inflicted wounds just put it down - it will save a lot of trouble down the line.

RankPostsTeam
International Star18No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I know where you're coming from, but he's digging a hole big enough for Nigel to fall in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4035
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30148_1289234681.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30148.jpg

Quote: M@islebugs "They'd have gone into administration somewhere between September and December 2011. The RFL wouldn't have seized the ground lease and £500k of supporters money wouldn't have been lost to no effect. I've had it confirmed by a rugby league journalist and someone close to Gary Getherington that the loan plus ground lease 'purchase' incensed the clubs and led them to vote for the new owner to be punished by keeping half the Sky money and sharing it between them.

Had the RFL not lent Peter Hood the money within weeks of giving the club a Grade B license, had they ordered an audit or an extraordinary meeting of the shareholders to raise capital, or indeed any combination thereof, there is probability that the club would still own the lease, the new owner wouldn't have been punished to the tune of £1.3 million and the club wouldn't be where it is in the first relegation season for years.

It was a bizarre decision, which only came out when the great 'Odsal vulture circling lie' was being told to cover what was essentially asset seizure.

The RFL are not the root cause of this fiasco but they have made it considerably and probably irreparably worse. They certainly lied about the Odsal purchase and likely lied again in respect of their role in the second administration.'"

This needs repeating.
Lets be clear. The Bulls problems are the fault of the Bulls,no-one else, it was gross mis-management from the peak of 2003/2004 (IMHO - this should have been the point in time we restructured for the long term, but hindsight is often 20:20) However, the RFL and others actions, whilst maybe trying to help in the best way, ultimately made things much worse. With hindsight we clearly should have been allowed/forced to go bust and reform before the secret loan and Odsal theft. It was help, but misguided help for the long term, that might sound ungrateful (like I give a.... before anyone bothers to call me on it) but the evidence of how misguided the help ultimately was is being played out week by week right now and will result in us being relegated.

Cheers to Adey, FA, daveyz999 for the excellent contributions, and cheers also to Mr Dweeb for filling up an otherwise dull hour. I do still wonder what would be happening now if Mrs Koucash or the secret texas billionaire had got involved....At least I'm looking forward to Saturday at the Eithad, should be lovely weather too! Excellent.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Dweeb is now reduced to doing his best Violet Elizabeth Bott impersonation of going off in a huge sulk, stamping his little feet because the nasty men are asking him hard questions.

Dweeb has posted NOTHING but this sort of rant for several pages now, and it is clear he is a busted flush, so Dweeb I suggest back in yer box unless and until you calm down enough to at least try to frame a response to something like 30-odd specific and sensible direct questions posed to you.

Tip 1

As already stated more than once, the RFL is a creditor of OK. He personally guaranteed the repayment up administration of OK Bulls within 2 years. The £900k figure was lodged with the administrator because the money went into OK Bulls coffers.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Northernrelic "The dangers of trying to be a good Samaritan - if you see an animal dying of self inflicted wounds just put it down - it will save a lot of trouble down the line.'"

Indeed, that may well be the policy of the RFL in future. But then the fans of the next club will ask why they aren't being treated the same as Bradford Bulls.......

596 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
596 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3349609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Alffi_7
14m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
16m