Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: LeagueDweeb "Who said he had? he isn't paying any creditors, which is the shy the 6 points is correct. His appeal isn't based on any being paid.'"

so the 6point deduction cannot possibly have been based on his not paying the creditors as it was handed down prior to him even making a bid never mind deciding whether or not any creditors would be paid.

You are correct to say that appeal is not based on creditors Marc green hasn't paid being paid, because the punishment literally cannot have been handed down because of creditors Marc Green hasn't paid not being paid.

RankPostsTeam
International Star578No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If the basis of the appeal were "I paid the administrator more for the club than he agreed to accept from the other 3" then it might have a chance of some success. But as I understand it, that is not the case.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

Quote: Mr Churchill "If the basis of the appeal were "I paid the administrator more for the club than he agreed to accept from the other 3" then it might have a chance of some success. But as I understand it, that is not the case.'"

wow, cryptic.

What's that got to do with the points deduction appeal?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54218_1349939535.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54218.jpg

keep to the point peeps. the appeal is based on force majeure full stop. which means events outside the control of and/or unpredicted by a party. Negligence, eg I neglected to have enough cash in the bank to pay HRMC when due, is within the control of a party such as OKB. The only area I can see force majeure playing a part is the failure of the trio to fulfil their commitments in the deal struck over Christmas for change of ownership. Presumably that was out of OKB's control, especially if the RFL conspired with the trio. But that is all conjecture; anybody any alternative ideas on what the force majeure event(s) could be?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54218_1349939535.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54218.jpg

just to clarify, according to the administrator a winding up petition was actually issued by HMRC against OKB in mid January, which is an insolvency event in itself in the RFL rules, predating SSG/MGs administration order on the 31st January. the force majeure event(s) would therefore only apply to OKB being prevented from paying HMRC due to some external event outside OKB's control.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: LeagueDweeb "BB Holdings had taken the full allocation of Sky money due before admin came. '"

You don’t say … as opposed to all the other SL clubs, who presumably decline to take their full allocation of Sky money as the season goes on… ?

Quote: LeagueDweeb "why is it an issue that OK Bulls was not given the money twice over? '"

Eh? You’ll have to restate that question in a way that makes sense.

Quote: LeagueDweeb "The RFL had simply advanced money, approx. £170k a month to P&A, plus paying all their extortionate fees. '"

We knew the RFL would pay wages etc to keep the club ticking over, and if necessary the RFL/SLE (through “Neonrain”) would even have acquired the club albeit on a temporary basis, the obvious reason being the integrity of the comp as opposed to one club dropping out. Do you think this is an insight or something? It isn’t.
Quote: LeagueDweeb "There is nothing in the RFL Operational Rules that specifies financial sanction upon administration.'"

Is that a fact? Well, I think I had better get off to the optician after this post because I am looking at them and clearly hallucinating. They state4.7 In the event of a member ceasing to be a member upon notice from the Company by virtue of Acquisition, Change of Control or Insolvency Event, the Board, at its absolute discretion, shall have the right to readmit the member or admit a new member as a member on any terms as it sees fit, which for the avoidance of doubt, may include financial, administrative and/or sporting sanctions.'"

Funny, that.
Quote: LeagueDweeb "BBH wasn't kept alive because the debts were such that no potential owner would consider buying the old company & attempting to pay them off, even at a reduced rate. No sane businessman would take on debts & ongoing liabilities they had not accrued. '"

But you’re just stating the bleedin’ obvious, to the point of banality! And you are also skating over the fact that new owners, while not saving the old company (and so technically having no responsibility for its debts) nevertheless are expected by the RFL to offer to make payments despite tis total lack of obligation, and their proposals are part of the factors considered in deciding on sanctions.

Quote: LeagueDweeb "
Quote: LeagueDweeb "So in his original letter to all creditors, the administrator blatantly lied, did he? '"

Got a copy of this letter? '"

You clearly don't! It states "[iAs part of the agreement and to meet the requirements of the RFL the purchasers are to make an offer to all trade creditors in the sum of 100p in the £[/i".

Oops!

So, come on, was the administrator lying? Well?

Quote: LeagueDweeb " The administrator is responsible for handling ALL the affairs of OK Bulls. It is he who decides which creditors, if any are to be paid. It would be illegal for MG to pay creditors without doing so via the administrator. '"

Absolute tosh and nonsense, as if BBNL chooses to pay anything to anyone, then it is not part of the affairs of OKB. At all. MG is not involved personally for the first thing. Secondly, the payment would be from BBNL not MG personally. Thirdly neither MG nor BBNL are in any way a party to the administration.

If for example Acme Pies were owed £1000 by OKB and BBNL want to continue to trade with Acme Pies then they might choose to make a payment equal to what Acme Pies were owed by OKB. This would not concern the administrator. He only distributes such funds (if any) remaining when he has got in THE DEBTS DUE TO OKB. Anything BBNL chooses to pay is clearly not in the category of debts due, because BBNL does not owe a penny of OKB’s debts. Which is kinda the whole point, as you yourself sort of pointed out, of MG Not buying and keeping alive OKB.

But, as you’re seemingly a lawyer, if BBNL did choose to make the £1K payment to keep Acme Pies sweet, please enlighten us all what offence they would have committed?

If I felt sorry for Acme Pies, and sent them a cheque for £1K, would I be in jail too?

When Bullbuilder and others collected money and paid effectively some cash in lieu of wages to those who were working for nothing, and should have been paid by the club, did that make each person who put coppers in the bucket a criminal as well?

Were all the buckets delivered to the administrator so he could divide them between all creditors? We're gonna need a bigger jail.
Quote: LeagueDweeb " The 6 point sanction was applied to OK Bulls whilst it was being controlled by the administrator.'"

We all know that the RFL plainly announced sanctions against BB2014, based on BB2014’s business plans etc. They announced so. We all thought BB2014 had bought the assets only it turned out that they actually hadn’t. But the penalty was announced aimed at BB2014 and not at OKB. BB2014, it turns out, obtained a licence to run the club from the RFL for 1 month. So they were RUNNING the club and had a licence to do so and as such were a temporary member, even though it turns out they did not own the club, although they had signed a (conditional) contract to do so. The end result was the de facto 6 points disappeared off the League table whilst BB2014 was operating under a temporary licence and therefore undoubtedly it was BB2014 which was sanctioned. However the sale fell through, the licence expired, and the operation of the club thus reverted to OKB, which was being run by the administrator. He appealed against the decision in that capacity, i.e. as the person running OKB, and did so in order to preserve any right of appeal as this might enhance the price he could sell the assets for, but the sanction was clearly not applied to OKB.

Quote: LeagueDweeb " He effectively owns the business '"

No! OK owned the business until he sold the shares (if he did, that remains in litigation). The shares are of course not exactly worth a lot but the administrator RUNS the business and can SELL the business or parts but he never OWNS the business.

Quote: LeagueDweeb " MG has no intention of paying OK Bulls creditors, he knows this would have to be done through the administrator he appointed, and is why he is going down the force majeure route. A damn sight cheaper for sure.'"

I don’t think anyone on here claims BBNL were proposing to make any or any substantial payments to OKB creditors, simply because I’d have thought it would have been public knowledge if they did, but the fact is you are speculating, as no announcement has been made one way or the other. It would be interesting, when comparing the comments made by RFL re debtors, and indeed the quote from the administrator's letter that referenced RFL requirements, to know why different requirements would apply now.

Quote: LeagueDweeb " OK's £1m? Analysis of OK Bulls finances by the administrator reduces this to £400k.'"

As you so often do, you have it the wrong way round. The administrator tried to say OK was only owed £400K. (Without speaking to OK). OK insisted on a creditors meeting. At that meeting OK produced documentation evidencing his financial input and the administrator eventually revised and admitted OK’s claim at the increased figure of £1m approx.
Quote: LeagueDweeb " MG is SSG in the same way that OK was OK Bulls. You really are struggling with this aren't you? '"

The struggle is exclusively yours. The concept of a company being a legal person is one you need to get your head around. Until you do you’ll just keep looking increasingly silly.

Quote: LeagueDweeb " Misinformation? Feel free to point any out from me. No lack of understanding of what has actually occurred either. OK's £1m is misinformation from you. based on you simply passing on what you have heard, rather than from fact checked details....? '"

I have corrected so much of your misinformation that it seems pointless to repeat, as if you didn't bother to read the corrections first time, why would you now? Or maybe you just haven’t read it. But sticking just to this particular piece of your catalogue of misinformation, I am stating the facts, and you have it wrong. The position was summed up in a T&A report following the creditors meetingFollowing the creditors’ meeting, Mr Khan released a statement, which readthe administrator allowed me to vote my claim at approximately £998,000. '"
This is factually what happened. You are, as so often, simply wrong.

Adey has popped your balloon on the rest so I won't deal with that.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: daveyz999 "If this is true, which i'm not doubting, the thing I don't understand is why was OK penalised (financially) due to the RFL pumping money into the old regime?

OK wasn't liable in any way for the additional funds the RFL put forward, yet he had to pay for the mistakes of the previous owners, hardly seems he was given a fair chance to run a club.

Last question - what is your response in regard to the statement put out by RW last week? It appears the RFL, apparently, advised the proposed new owners to place the club into admin to rid them of their current (at the time) majority shareholder. There are other claims/allegations within the same statement that make the RFL look pretty bad. To say that the statement suggest there was an 'agenda' from the RFL is an understatement.'"

OK was not penalised in any way. He was able to purchase all the assets of BB Holdings, take over the Super League licence and have all the playing staff TUPE'd across to OK Bulls.

OK was fully aware of the level of central funding available prior to agreeing to establish OK Bulls as the new operating company. OK was also given Sky money allocated for the 2nd year of his tenure during his 1st year.

I think RW business history contextualises his statement. As anyone who reads it will deduce, he actually accepts no responsibility whatsoever for his actions. As an example, the debenture deal with SSG was completed just 4 days after OK resigned as a director. RW fails to reference this at all in his statement. Nor is there any reference to the huge losses incurred in running the pop concert at Odsal.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Highlander "Why should they recoup the money that went to pay players wages [ithat the rfl had guaranteed would be paid to the end of the season in the event of liquidation?[/i

If the assurances that the players & the union were given by the RFL were honoured, every player would be given three months wages by the RFL to get them to the end of the season and effectively put on gardening leave.'"

It is quite simple. The money the RFL paid P&A partnership to sustain the club during it's extended period of administration was in excess of the Sky money the club was due under it's Super League licence.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "Probably worth another flying visit to make an observation or two here.

1 - Please state precisely what the "huge amount of funds [the RFL] had to pay the administrator to prevent liquidation" was? Since you would clearly seem to know.

Quote: Adeybull "This refers to the period of administration handled by P%A partnership. The RFL funded the club every month, all money being over and above the allocated share of SKy money which the business had already been given'"

The Administration Order was granted on 26/6/12. OKB acquired the assets from the Joint Administrators on 31/8/12. Statements made at the time made it clear that the RFL was continuing to pay - to the Joint Administrators - the monthly Sky monies due to a SL club. The Joint Administrators sacked the non-playing staff, and ensured they incurred no costs beyond those that were absolutely essential. A lot of people volunteered their services for free. They continued to receive gate receipts, plus the gate receipts payment from Leeds.

Quote: Adeybull "See above. It is also worth noting that the RFL had to begin funding OK Bulls at the time OK stepped down. You may be interested to learn that, for example, Gerry Sutcliffe had no intention of ever investing any of his own money into OK Bulls, and he also believed the RFL should have paid the £170,000 HMRC debt as they were funding the club. This opinion came to my attention via a copy of a recording of a meeting with Gerry Sutcliffe. '"

So, are you asking us to believe that, over a NINE WEEK PERIOD the RFL had to pay the Joint Administrators a further c. £1.3m? To "prevent liquidation"? When, in any case, the Joint Administrators were legally charged with trying to secure a going concern sale if possible, and there were clearly parties interested in acquiring the going concern from quite early on?

Quote: Adeybull "In terms of the OK Bulls administration, at least 5 months of central funding had to be put into the business to allow it to continue to operate. Don't forget that the business had almost zero cash flow, other than match day gate takings.'"

And nowhere in any of the reports of the Joint Administrators do we see any reference to any such receipts? Certainly on this scale. Even if what the RFL paid over that period was NEW money, it beggars belief that it could be anything approaching £1.3m - does it not?

Quote: Adeybull "The RFL isn't a creditor of Ok Bulls. The funding received by the business in both periods of administration is included in the financial statements and accounts of both administrators. Had the RFL not stepped in with central funding, both BB Holdings & Ok Bulls would have been liquidated within 1 month of entering administration.'"

Unless you have more information on this allegation than you have already shared, what you say would seem to be totally absurd.

2. Even if WAS some factual basis to what you say, and if perchance the RFL WAS recouping a seven-figure sum it had had to pay to "persuade" the Joint Administrators - then the RFL would have RETAINED the money confiscated from future owners. Wouldn't it?

Quote: Adeybull "In terms of OK Bulls, funding that had been used to sustain BB Holdings was retained, hence the reduced funding available to OK Bulls.'"

NOT ALLOWED ALL THE OTHER CLUBS TO APPROPRIATE IT AND SHARE IT AMONGST THEMSELVES.

Quote: Adeybull "This is an urban myth'"

And take a seven-figure hit in it's annual accounts.

Is there any part of that argument that is not irrefutable?

Is there any way that subsequent events did not totally debunk your assertion?

3 - Strange that someone chooses to come on here, just now, at this particular time, seeking to try and justify the actions taken by the RFL (acts of both commission and omission)? Acts which which, with the clear benefit of hindsight, would seem to have been instrumental in bringing about the present disastrous (and quite likely irretrievable) situation? And giving the clear impression of seeking to rewrite history to attempt to retrospectively justify some of the absurd and seemingly irresponsible actions that were taken?

Quote: Adeybull "The actions of the RFL require no justification. It is the actions of the owners of the operating companies that require justification. The RFL has more than adequately supported the Bradford Bulls, not only in terms of securing the Odsal Stadium lease for the next 140 years, but in terms of funding both businesses in order that they could function as Super league clubs whilst in administration and continue to do so once new operating companies had taken over the business.'"

4 - I also note, in passing, that a guy who will assuredly know where the bodies are buried, and whose recollection of the actual events would surely make VERY interesting reading (and clear up what the hell actually DID happen and what is still happening), has just been appointed - internally - to a new, ongoing senior role within the RFL/SL structure. So I guess that's a ship that will never dock, at least for the foreseeable future?

Quote: Adeybull "It is abundantly clear what did happen. The board of BB Holdings operated the business using an unsustainable business model that required them to seek substantial assistance from the RFL. The board of OK Bulls operated an unsustainable business model that again required assistance from the RFL to ensure the club survived.'"

If a club owner puts his club into administration, then buys the assets off the administrator and carries on through a phoenix company, then the points deduction should not be six points. It should be much more. Because he has secured a big financial advantage at the expense of creditors. Indeed, I would argue any such proposal should not even be allowed to proceed.

Quote: Adeybull "The six point sanction was applied to OK Bulls. MG did not own the business when he placed it into administration. MG did not buy the assets from the administrator. He was the sole preferred creditor and the assets were transferred to BBNL in settlement of the debt owed by OK Bulls.'"

But where totally unconnected new owners seek to make a go of it, buying the net assets off an Administrator, it is patently ABSURD to severely penalise THEM - both in competition points AND massively financially - for something they were in no way responsible for. Indeed, I can think of little that would be more likely to deter precisely the kind of prospective new owners the RFL should be seeking to attract!

Quote: Adeybull "You must remember that OK secured the assets, players & goodwill of an admittedly huge Super League brand for just £250,000. He was able to do so because the RFL had funded the lengthy administration of BB Holdings. OK was fully aware of the central funding available prior to agreeing to take over the club. The RFL was unable to simply write off the money it had pumped into the club during administration. It is absurd that anyone should think this would be acceptable.'"

Absurd. Totally absurd.

And, before anyone says "ah, well the new owners will have paid sod all for the net assets, precisely because they knew they would be so penalised", let's kill THAT nonsense off quite easilySee above'"

So the new owners are effectively paying a sum of money for NET LIABILITIES. AND with severe future penalties to overcome. Can someone tell me who the hell in their right mind, acting commercially, would want to do that?

Quote: Adeybull "The administrator valued the assets of BB Holdings at £3m. OK was able to purchase these assets for less than 10% of that valuation. OK was fully aware of all terms prior to buying the assets and taking over the Super League licence'"

Would you?

FWIW, I am expecting that, when history comes to be written, the actions of the RFL over a protracted period (including approving OK as an appropriate new owner) will be seen to have turned an ongoing crisis (a cris, let's be clear, caused entirely by incompetant and irresponsible club managements and ownerships not the RFL) into a total unmitigated disaster.

Quote: Adeybull "To be clear, you are blaming the RFL for OK being allowed to take over Bradford Bulls? On the other hand it's the RFL's fault for allowing him to take over, and it's the RFL's fault for him agreeing to the terms of the takeover?'"

'"

RankPostsTeam
International Star3534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LeagueDweeb "OK was not penalised in any way. He was able to purchase all the assets of BB Holdings, take over the Super League licence and have all the playing staff TUPE'd across to OK Bulls.

OK was fully aware of the level of central funding available prior to agreeing to establish OK Bulls as the new operating company. OK was also given Sky money allocated for the 2nd year of his tenure during his 1st year.

I think RW business history contextualises his statement. As anyone who reads it will deduce, he actually accepts no responsibility whatsoever for his actions. As an example, the debenture deal with SSG was completed just 4 days after OK resigned as a director. RW fails to reference this at all in his statement. Nor is there any reference to the huge losses incurred in running the pop concert at Odsal.'"

Blake,does big Nige know you are posting on here

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: LeagueDweeb "not a lot'"

Do you realise just how much you have telegraphed in all that? I poked your anthill, and you gave the game away big-time. I've met Solly, and quite liked him and thought he was a decent bloke. But I suppose prolonged exposure to Rimmer and Wood can do no-one any favours. Fat Nigel is an embarrasssment to my profession. If you have sold your soul to him, well God help you.

I can see, from a very quick perusal of your responses, any number of ways I can attack what you have said. And that you really have not addressed any of the charges I laid at your door. None.

Urban myth? So, let me get this straight then? The other clubs did NOT share the funds that were confiscated from Bradford amongst themselves? It is a pure myth that they did? Pray, enlighten us then as to what DID happen to those funds? Were they donated to Oxfam? Go on, you know you want to tell us?

Unfortunately, I have a job to do in the real world, and am really up against it time-wise. But as soon as I have the opportunity, I'll be back to get you.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "You don’t say … as opposed to all the other SL clubs, who presumably decline to take their full allocation of Sky money as the season goes on… ?

Eh? You’ll have to restate that question in a way that makes sense.

We knew the RFL would pay wages etc to keep the club ticking over, and if necessary the RFL/SLE (through “Neonrain”) would even have acquired the club albeit on a temporary basis, the obvious reason being the integrity of the comp as opposed to one club dropping out. Do you think this is an insight or something? It isn’t.
Is that a fact? Well, I think I had better get off to the optician after this post because I am looking at them and clearly hallucinating. They stateIt's a statement of fact that the money paid to P$A was over and above the full allocation already taken by the club. You seem to think this amount of money should have been written off?'"

But you’re just stating the bleedin’ obvious, to the point of banality! And you are also skating over the fact that new owners, while not saving the old company (and so technically having no responsibility for its debts) nevertheless are expected by the RFL to offer to make payments despite tis total lack of obligation, and their proposals are part of the factors considered in deciding on sanctions.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "There was no expectation from the RFL. Any proposals put forward for dealing with liabilities were entirely the decision of prospective owners'"

You clearly don't! It states "[iAs part of the agreement and to meet the requirements of the RFL the purchasers are to make an offer to all ty does not say anything to the contraryrade creditors in the sum of 100p in the £[/i".

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "The RFL had no requirement regarding payment to creditors, and your letter says nothing to the contrary '"

Oops!

So, come on, was the administrator lying? Well?

Absolute tosh and nonsense, as if BBNL chooses to pay anything to anyone, then it is not part of the affairs of OKB. At all. MG is not involved personally for the first thing. Secondly, the payment would be from BBNL not MG personally. Thirdly neither MG nor BBNL are in any way a party to the administration.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "MG is SSG. He agreed the debenture deal. He placed OK Bulls into administration.'"

If for example Acme Pies were owed £1000 by OKB and BBNL want to continue to trade with Acme Pies then they might choose to make a payment equal to what Acme Pies were owed by OKB. This would not concern the administrator. He only distributes such funds (if any) remaining when he has got in THE DEBTS DUE TO OKB. Anything BBNL chooses to pay is clearly not in the category of debts due, because BBNL does not owe a penny of OKB’s debts. Which is kinda the whole point, as you yourself sort of pointed out, of MG Not buying and keeping alive OKB.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "You seem to be struggling with the fact that MG is SSG & BBNL. The scenario you paint above would be what a CVA would cover. A route MG chose not to employ as it would have meant spending money he did not wish to. He would have been aware of the level of funding required to ensure a reduction in the 6 point penalty, but instead chose to set up BBNL and begin with zero liabilities /quote]

But, as you’re seemingly a lawyer, if BBNL did choose to make the £1K payment to keep Acme Pies sweet, please enlighten us all what offence they would have committed?

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Perhaps you ought to read up on Insolvency?'"

If I felt sorry for Acme Pies, and sent them a cheque for £1K, would I be in jail too?

When Bullbuilder and others collected money and paid effectively some cash in lieu of wages to those who were working for nothing, and should have been paid by the club, did that make each person who put coppers in the bucket a criminal as well?

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Oh dear, you are being rather silly now'"

Were all the buckets delivered to the administrator so he could divide them between all creditors? We're gonna need a bigger jail.
We all know that the RFL plainly announced sanctions against BB2014, based on BB2014’s business plans etc. They announced so. We all thought BB2014 had bought the assets only it turned out that they actually hadn’t. But the penalty was announced aimed at BB2014 and not at OKB. BB2014, it turns out, obtained a licence to run the club from the RFL for 1 month. So they were RUNNING the club and had a licence to do so and as such were a temporary member, even though it turns out they did not own the club, although they had signed a (conditional) contract to do so. The end result was the de facto 6 points disappeared off the League table whilst BB2014 was operating under a temporary licence and therefore undoubtedly it was BB2014 which was sanctioned. However the sale fell through, the licence expired, and the operation of the club thus reverted to OKB, which was being run by the administrator. He appealed against the decision in that capacity, i.e. as the person running OKB, and did so in order to preserve any right of appeal as this might enhance the price he could sell the assets for, but the sanction was clearly not applied to OKB.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "No sanctions were announced against BB2014. The points deduction was made against OK Bulls and would have had to have been accepted by any potential new owner. It is exactly the same situation as the points deduction from BB Holdings. A points deduction was applied PRIOR to any change in ownership. You need to check your information.'"

No! OK owned the business until he sold the shares (if he did, that remains in litigation). The shares are of course not exactly worth a lot but the administrator RUNS the business and can SELL the business or parts but he never OWNS the business.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "There is no litigation in regard to any sale of shares of OK Bulls'"

I don’t think anyone on here claims BBNL were proposing to make any or any substantial payments to OKB creditors, simply because I’d have thought it would have been public knowledge if they did, but the fact is you are speculating, as no announcement has been made one way or the other. It would be interesting, when comparing the comments made by RFL re debtors, and indeed the quote from the administrator's letter that referenced RFL requirements, to know why different requirements would apply now.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "There is no speculation on my part. In order for any reconsideration of thepoints deduction to have taken effect, MG/BBNL would have had to make payments to creditors via the administrator. This has not and will not be happening.'"

As you so often do, you have it the wrong way round. The administrator tried to say OK was only owed £400K. (Without speaking to OK). OK insisted on a creditors meeting. At that meeting OK produced documentation evidencing his financial input and the administrator eventually revised and admitted OK’s claim at the increased figure of £1m approx.
The struggle is exclusively yours. The concept of a company being a legal person is one you need to get your head around. Until you do you’ll just keep looking increasingly silly.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Feel free to provide any evidence of this, such as a revised statement of proposals or any documentation/statement from the administrator'"

I have corrected so much of your misinformation that it seems pointless to repeat, as if you didn't bother to read the corrections first time, why would you now? Or maybe you just haven’t read it. But sticking just to this particular piece of your catalogue of misinformation, I am stating the facts, and you have it wrong. The position was summed up in a T&A report following the creditors meetingTo clarify, you are citing a newspaper report as evidence for your claim? Perhaps you could provide a link?'"

This is factually what happened. You are, as so often, simply wrong.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "We will have to disagree on that point'"

Adey has popped your balloon on the rest so I won't deal with that.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "AM I to be grateful or relieved?'"

'"
'"

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "Do you realise just how much you have telegraphed in all that? I poked your anthill, and you gave the game away big-time. I've met Solly, and quite liked him and thought he was a decent bloke. But I suppose prolonged exposure to Rimmer and Wood can do no-one any favours. Fat Nigel is an embarrasssment to my profession. If you have sold your soul to him, well God help you.

I can see, from a very quick perusal of your responses, any number of ways I can attack what you have said. And that you really have not addressed any of the charges I laid at your door. None.

Urban myth? So, let me get this straight then? The other clubs did NOT share the funds that were confiscated from Bradford amongst themselves? It is a pure myth that they did? Pray, enlighten us then as to what DID happen to those funds? Were they donated to Oxfam? Go on, you know you want to tell us?

Unfortunately, I have a job to do in the real world, and am really up against it time-wise. But as soon as I have the opportunity, I'll be back to get you.'"

Charges? Such as?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

You still have not explained why the RFL should be entitled to recover their money, when other (more important) creditors had to write it off?

You also failed to refute the claims that the RFL advised Moore and co. to allow the club to go into admin, as a ploy to 'oust' the owner of the club.

There has been no comeback to the Whitcut claims (unde the guise of the RFL), which makes me think that are worried of the debate picking up some momentum and other parties then coming forward to confirm/deny certain rumours.

Also from memory, the RFL imposed a 6 point deduction on BB2014, the new company had been granted permission by the administrator and everything was signed over before the 6 point penalty was agreed. The 3 owners at the time had agreed to pay back all creditors (with the exception of OK) over a 5 year period.

Lastly, why did the RFL wait until the creditors meeting before notifying that they were a creditor, with the owed amount of £900,000, why leave this so late? I dont understand the logic.

I fail to agree that the RFL are blameless in this whole fiasco.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: daveyz999 "You still have not explained why the RFL should be entitled to recover their money, when other (more important) creditors had to write it off?

Quote: daveyz999 "The RFL isn't a creditor of OK Bulls'"

You also failed to refute the claims that the RFL advised Moore and co. to allow the club to go into admin, as a ploy to 'oust' the owner of the club.

Quote: daveyz999 "There is nothing to refute. The claim was apparently that those individuals were told not to pay OK for OK Bulls. This has never been substantiated in any way. other than rumour.'"

There has been no comeback to the Whitcut claims (unde the guise of the RFL), which makes me think that are worried of the debate picking up some momentum and other parties then coming forward to confirm/deny certain rumours.

Quote: daveyz999 "The unfounded claims made by RW are not worthy of a response'"

Also from memory, the RFL imposed a 6 point deduction on BB2014, the new company had been granted permission by the administrator and everything was signed over before the 6 point penalty was agreed. The 3 owners at the time had agreed to pay back all creditors (with the exception of OK) over a 5 year period.

Quote: daveyz999 "There was no sanction imposed on BB2014. The potential owners were made aware that a 6 point deduction would be part of any takeover by them or any other party.'"

Lastly, why did the RFL wait until the creditors meeting before notifying that they were a creditor, with the owed amount of £900,000, why leave this so late? I dont understand the logic.

Quote: daveyz999 "Is this what happened? Can you provide anything to support this?'"

I fail to agree that the RFL are blameless in this whole fiasco

Quote: daveyz999 "Who has said they are blameless? What are they to blame for?'"

.'"

596 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
596 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.99853515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
5m
Grand final Tickets
DannyT
8m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
16m
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
20m
Questions for Ste Mills
Wollo-Wollo-
21m
Shopping list for 2025
WIZEB
32m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
33m
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
34m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
14s
Tonights match v HKR
karetaker
18s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
20s
Grand final Tickets
DannyT
37s
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
37s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
1m
Play-off semi-final
Scarlet Pimp
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
2m
Season tickets
faxcar
4m
RoyBoy29
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
DannyT
TODAY
RoyBoy29
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
fez1
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
karetaker
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
faxcar
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +23,460 ↑36180,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
 FT
Hover 
Melbourne
6-14
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
 FT 
Keighley
6-20
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
 FT 
Bradford
25-12
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
 FT 
York V
18-8
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley6-20Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1
LIVE
Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH
LIVE
Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024
LIVE
York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22