FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > Transition-Is it more severe than many expected?
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74805_1455211563.gif
[b:3e8ueqvz]I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar![/b:3e8ueqvz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74805.gif

Personally i think it is proving as such yes injuries have been a factor at certain stages but lets be honest the team we have available should be performing better than they have.
That's not expecting to win every game or to be in every final etc etc it's where we stand here and now the best 17 we can field should be much better especially at the basics.
Now no-one is blameless in terms of their individual performances but i will also add the least of our problems are the young HB's or a young winger etc.
Players/Teams in most sports can become stale after a sustained period of the same Coaches ,routines and the systems they create.
I've no doubts the pre-season disruptions has played a part in terms some of our prep but that's long gone now we are 8 rounds in & only won 2 games.
Senior players are either trying to do it all on their own i.e Cuthbo/Zak or others just aren't getting quality service to have any effect and thus being reduced to 1 dimensional extra BR's i.e Moon/Watkins.
Hall is a shadow of the player he was ,Burrow never was and never will be a Captain and overall structurally we are all over the place.
Imo i do think its time to look at changes upstairs & some better recruitment for 2017 we need fresh ideas & some fresh faces on the field that can have an impact like Cuthbo did last year etc.
Also the obvious thing to add is i NEVER expected the "Golden Generation" to last forever nor do i expect to win every game/CC or GF every year but i also don't think it's unreasonable to expect better than what's happening and lets be honest the approach to 2016 after last years success' has been found wanting on and off the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2093No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Jul 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's more depressing.

I'm OK seeing us play OK and lose. I'm less happy with displays like the Wigan and Wakefield ones.

The team need to show progression over the next few weeks.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

Quote: Fallon "It's more depressing.

I'm OK seeing us play OK and lose. I'm less happy with displays like the Wigan and Wakefield ones.

The team need to show progression over the next few weeks.'"

I would agree with that.

The team/coach needs to decide how it is going to play going forward and find its new identity after the loss of Sinfield because we clearly haven't done that yet and just assumed playing the off the cuff, quick offload style again would be enough but we look clueless in the opposition quarter and teams have worked out that if they keep an organised defence and shut down certain players like Watkins and Cuthbertson we have nowhere to go.We don't look like even creating too much from distance at the minute either which has always been a feature of our play when all else fails.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach634No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5975-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
BACK TO BACK TO BACK...............TO BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!! WE ARE THE LEEDS RHINOS:icons42da_files/5975-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

Quote: RHINO-MARK "Personally i think it is proving as such yes injuries have been a factor at certain stages but lets be honest the team we have available should be performing better than they have.
That's not expecting to win every game or to be in every final etc etc it's where we stand here and now the best 17 we can field should be much better especially at the basics.
Now no-one is blameless in terms of their individual performances but i will also add the least of our problems are the young HB's or a young winger etc.
Players/Teams in most sports can become stale after a sustained period of the same Coaches ,routines and the systems they create.
I've no doubts the pre-season disruptions has played a part in terms some of our prep but that's long gone now we are 8 rounds in & only won 2 games.
Senior players are either trying to do it all on their own i.e Cuthbo/Zak or others just aren't getting quality service to have any effect and thus being reduced to 1 dimensional extra BR's i.e Moon/Watkins.
Hall is a shadow of the player he was ,Burrow never was and never will be a Captain and overall structurally we are all over the place.
Imo i do think its time to look at changes upstairs & some better recruitment for 2017 we need fresh ideas & some fresh faces on the field that can have an impact like Cuthbo did last year etc.
Also the obvious thing to add is i NEVER expected the "Golden Generation" to last forever nor do i expect to win every game/CC or GF every year but i also don't think it's unreasonable to expect better than what's happening and lets be honest the approach to 2016 after last years success' has been found wanting on and off the pitch.'"

This

This explains everything that it is wrong at our great club, not individual or young players that are being hung out to dry by certain posters on here. It could well be the coach outstaying his tenure or not having the ideas to fix the mess that we all saw coming. Is it the CEO or owners fault for for not spending big to rectify this situation and trusting youth/ excisting players.

Who knows, I have over the last 32 years as a Leeds fan stood watching them Lose at Oldham in the middle of winter midweek and have watched them win many a trophy. I will still be there on Friday night to cheer them on.
Am I happy with the current situation, No but I can live with it for now.

Too many people on this forum have sharp knives when we get to a rough patch, some others just enjoy it (William) FFS

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

I think it became more severe because the main part of the transition came together in one big block. Recall back on here in the likes of 2011 & 2012 and posters were outlining the various years they felt the older players should move on/retire and posted timelines like this to spread it out....

2012 - Leuluai
2013 - Peacock
2014 - JJB
2015 - Sinfield
2016 - McGuire
2017 - Burrow

No one ever had it down as three retiring in one go, especially the main two leaders. If somebody came along back in 2012 and said Sinfield, Peacock and Leuluai would all retire at the same time and that McGuire and JJB would miss the first quarter of the following season, what would people have said then? Probably would've predicted a similar W/L record to what we've seen.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74805_1455211563.gif
[b:3e8ueqvz]I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar![/b:3e8ueqvz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74805.gif

The thing is though Printer we DID lose JP/Sinfield at the same time & as a few suggested a while back this size of transition being possible i remember a few saying "GH wont let JP/Sinny" go at the same time etc.
Admittedly the injuries have also kicked in much worse than any could predict but tbf it's happening across the League.
I will add some of the losses aren't a concern in that it's not unusual for us to get beat by Wigan and Catalans away for e.g but the performances and our lack of structure/leadership on/off the pitch is a major problem imo.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Until quite recently some were forwarding the theory that the losses only equated to losses in the corresponding fixtures last season.

How's that argument shaping up lately with the losses away at Catalans, Castleford and now at home to Wakefield. When was the last time Leeds lost both Easter fixtures, lost the first four away fixtures, had a two wins from opening eight rounds.

Transition from penthouse to ehouse complete.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain600No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sutcliffe is the weak link. He creates nothing. Somebody compared him to Gaskell. I don't even think he's at that level. The amount of ball we've had in the opposition 20 is frightening. Yet Sutcliffe hasn't a clue what to do. He just runs at the line

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.236328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
Recent
Leigh it is
moto748
Recent