Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2010Jan 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrppZ50QQ ... sZa0oddbod:

If you think things are bad read this pile on palony about "Rugby Yawnion"

The comments at the bottom are fantastic !!

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 12801.html
If you think things are bad read this pile on palony about "Rugby Yawnion"

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 12801.html

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7374
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Soon we will be dancing the Fandango FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. JAMIE PEACOCK:

Quote: rooster_rhino "If you think things are bad read this pile on palony about "Rugby Yawnion"

dr josef goebells springs to mind

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Do you think he wrote this with a straight face?

Quote: "
Scoring tries, which was once the intrinsic appeal of union
'"

Guffaw.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34476.jpg
//peakwalking.blogspot.co.uk/:34476.jpg

Quote: "Scoring tries, which was once the intrinsic appeal of union, has become as arduous a task as finding humour in Halifax.'"

I’ve had a laugh in Halifax before! icon_lol.gif

DHM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

Quote: G1 "Do you think he wrote this with a straight face?

Guffaw.'"

I was also going to paste that line. I guess he's had a memory wipe, or even fake memories implanted. Until Clive Woodward came along and exposed how feeble defences - particularly in the home Unions - were (and he was ridiculed in his first 3-4 years in charge of England to boot), there were zero attacking skills in Union, other than kick and chase. I read an article in the late 1980's in one RU publication bemoaning the lack of will to score tries, the conclusion was that to make it worthwhile to attacking sides the try would have to be awarded in the region of 12 points to compensate for the huge number of kickable penalty opportunities.

Here's what they should do to make Union more exciting, reduce the number of defenders to create more space, make the defence retire 5-10 metres behing the ruck (they already did this for the set piece scrum recently), allow quick ball from the ruck area by say, making it un-contested? Encourage more mobile forwards by making scrums basically un-contested and abolish the line-out - just have a tap re-start.

I honestly don't think I've read such total cobblers for a long time.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Amongst journalists, of whom writing bollax is often part of the job description, Rugby Union journalists are frequently up there as the most prolific of bollax-writing amongst their peers. Nancy-ball writers are very proficient at the art, but RU writers never fail to provide articles of utter bollax when their teams are losing, their crowds are dropping, or they are just too p[ii[/issed on after-shave to write coherently.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach351No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

i'm sure the league influence on union only came about after the cross code challenge when wigan embarressed bath
from what i remember wigan could easily have scored over 100 points in the league game but decided not to humiliate bath too much but in the union game managed to hold bath to a narrow win
union had no clue as to how to do attacking lines and even less about how to stop them, add to this a basic inability to pass a ball and you can see why they had to get better coaches with the best being ex league guys

most union people will admit that their product had become almost unwatchable at times which raises the question as to how they can then attract 75k to club games?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

1 Warrington 2 Hull 3 Wigan 4 Castleford 4 Castleford 5 St Helens 6 Leeds 7 Catalans 8 Hudedersfield 9 Widnes 10 Wakefield 11 Salford 12 Leigh Playoffs:Warrington Hull Wigan Castleford Four sides rejoining: Widnes Wakefield Salford Leigh GF Winners Warrington CC Winners Wigan:

Quote: southyorksdave ".....
most union people will admit that their product had become almost unwatchable at times which raises the question as to how they can then attract 75k to club games?'"

A question that all RL administrators should look at when we can't fill much smaller stadia for international games and cup semi-finals, finals & even grand finals.
A point repeatedly made by McF about the abysmal marketing in RL compared with RU.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Part of it is down to the affiliation that your local RU club will have with the English RU and the fact that they have effectively ruled the sport for 100 and more years from one central office rather than dividing and partitioning their organisation because of petty infighting, power struggles, and downright childish-ness.

I don't have an insight into how the RFL works at an amateur level but I've heard enough stories to understand that its often like trying to get a kindergarten full of kids to all agree in taking turns at the sandpit, I have however seen how the ERU works at amateur club level and it pretty impressive stuff.

There is no doubt that most of your local amateur RU clubs were started with bequeaths of land and wealthy patrons to fund buildings and maybe one paid groundsman etc, but these days most of them operate in exactly the same way as your local amateur RL club, with the exception that the ERU gives them an immense amount of support, both financial and administrative, if you are a trustee of such a club you are told immediately where the grants are being made this year and you are assisted all the way through applying for them, in short you are not running the show on your own, its almost like a franchise operation.

And this co-operation is reciprocated when it comes to distributing tickets for internationals or one-off "specials" at Twickenham like the opening day of the season double-headers - there are now very few freebies available for England games but if you desperately want to go to a major game then joining your local club and asking the secretary for an application form is the recommended route, its also likely that you will not go on your own but as a party from your club, usually of dads and lads and you will almost certainly all meet up at the ground and sit together, its difficult to explain if you're used to buying individual tickets for a RL international at a random football ground where you might not sit with your own party because the RFL will probably send you completely random tickets, and at the end of the game you'll be left thinking "those seats were a bit narrow" rather than being eager to get your hands on some tickets for the next international.

It all starts at the lowest amateur club and works up from there, we have the same history as the ERU, but we have handled our admin totally shambolically by comparison

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1389No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: McLaren_Field "Part of it is down to the affiliation that your local RU club will have with the English RU and the fact that they have effectively ruled the sport for 100 and more years from one central office rather than dividing and partitioning their organisation because of petty infighting, power struggles, and downright childish-ness.

I don't have an insight into how the RFL works at an amateur level but I've heard enough stories to understand that its often like trying to get a kindergarten full of kids to all agree in taking turns at the sandpit, I have however seen how the ERU works at amateur club level and it pretty impressive stuff.

There is no doubt that most of your local amateur RU clubs were started with bequeaths of land and wealthy patrons to fund buildings and maybe one paid groundsman etc, but these days most of them operate in exactly the same way as your local amateur RL club, with the exception that the ERU gives them an immense amount of support, both financial and administrative, if you are a trustee of such a club you are told immediately where the grants are being made this year and you are assisted all the way through applying for them, in short you are not running the show on your own, its almost like a franchise operation.

And this co-operation is reciprocated when it comes to distributing tickets for internationals or one-off "specials" at Twickenham like the opening day of the season double-headers - there are now very few freebies available for England games but if you desperately want to go to a major game then joining your local club and asking the secretary for an application form is the recommended route, its also likely that you will not go on your own but as a party from your club, usually of dads and lads and you will almost certainly all meet up at the ground and sit together, its difficult to explain if you're used to buying individual tickets for a RL international at a random football ground where you might not sit with your own party because the RFL will probably send you completely random tickets, and at the end of the game you'll be left thinking "those seats were a bit narrow" rather than being eager to get your hands on some tickets for the next international.

It all starts at the lowest amateur club and works up from there, we have the same history as the ERU, but we have handled our admin totally shambolically by comparison'"

Very true post. I hope in years to come RL will get their act together and improve their crowds drastically.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

1 Warrington 2 Hull 3 Wigan 4 Castleford 4 Castleford 5 St Helens 6 Leeds 7 Catalans 8 Hudedersfield 9 Widnes 10 Wakefield 11 Salford 12 Leigh Playoffs:Warrington Hull Wigan Castleford Four sides rejoining: Widnes Wakefield Salford Leigh GF Winners Warrington CC Winners Wigan:

I would guess it all started when it was run as an amateur sport by wealthy patrons.
Since RU turned professional cracks have appeared in the solid facade.
Look at the rows between the premiership clubs (i.e. the 1st totally professional outfits) & the RFU run famously in Carling's words by 57 (I think) boring old f*arts.
The comments about RL are spot on, something that Richard Lewis was brought in from outside, therefore, bringing no baggage with him, to sort out.
But BARLA is still not fully onside in this.
Much of it, IMV, is down to petty individual quarrels & people refusing to give up their perceived power for the good of the game as a whole.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18802No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/4921-2354mikeypl8-msnicons.jpg
Science flies people to the moon. Religion flies people into buildings.:icons42da_files/4921-2354mikeypl8-msnicons.jpg

Hilarious. Is he Ireland's answer to Stephen Jones ?

DHM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

I also notice he assumes all RL players have at some point "turned their backs on RU", and he fails to mention former Ireland defensive coach Graham Steadman contribution to Irish rugby.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: DHM "I also notice he assumes all RL players have at some point "turned their backs on RU", and he fails to mention former Ireland defensive coach Graham Steadman contribution to Irish rugby.'"

Or Mike Ford as a coach & Rocky Elsom as a player.
I wonder if he complained when all the RU converts to RL went back into RU & helped the Lions beat the springboks on the 1st Lions tour after the onset of professionalism?
Tait, Gibbs, Bentley, Bateman.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3061_1274273880.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3061.jpg

Quote: Old Feller "Or Mike Ford as a coach & Rocky Elsom as a player.
I wonder if he complained when all the RU converts to RL went back into RU & helped the Lions beat the springboks on the 1st Lions tour after the onset of professionalism?
Tait, Gibbs, Bentley, Bateman.'"

Young & Quinnell too?

33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.44970703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent