Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3443-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3443-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Sinfield is never going to be good when we have no options in attack, our off the ball work is shameful for the last couple of months and is the reason why sinfield is forced into the going on his own a lot at the minute. It's also the reason why we're getting bashed week after week, defence can just jam in on the (1 and only) runner and have complete control over the ruck.

Both our backrowers and centres need to take a look in the mirror IMO

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7496No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/4862-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
Temptation, greets you like your naughty mate, The one that used to get you in bother, But one that you could never bring yourself to hate.:icons15f0_files/4862-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Quote: MHL "Sinfield is never going to be good when we have no options in attack, our off the ball work is shameful for the last couple of months and is the reason why sinfield is forced into the going on his own a lot at the minute. It's also the reason why we're getting bashed week after week, defence can just jam in on the (1 and only) runner and have complete control over the ruck.

'"

Spot on.
It has to be down to the coaching staff to insert some discipline, some structure in attack and defence, and some intensity into this team. Yes halfbacks need to organise out there, but they will not be taking training, they have no actual authority over the team. The coaches absolutely have to get to grips with this team.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7198
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sinfield and Peacock have still got alot to offer. But for Sinfield it is in the forwards and not as a dominating HB.
Briers showed how to vary the play tonight be it his kicking or running the line.
Sinfield slows the options down and his defence is the worse I have seen of him for a number of years.
JP needs a dominating pack to play with and his style has become predictable.
Having said that I don`t think anybody played well tonight and if we don`t give some of the youngsters a run over the next 3 games the forwards will be on their knees come August.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Charlie Sheen "They weren't alone, but I thought these two inparticular were terrible tonight. Sinfield is the defensive weak link, and although he wasn't helped by some poor decsions from others around him he seems slow to react and his lack of pace gets exposed when he defends on the fringes. His play with ball in hand was poor as well. He has a very good mid - long range passing game but rarely uses it choosing instead to go on his own or throw a 5hite flat pass.

Peacock still has all the heart in the world but sadly he's really starting to look his age. He was dominated by the Warrington front row I thought.'"

....and yet both are selected England players. icon_confused.gif Someone needs shooting for their selection choices. Sad indictment for the international team really.

I still have a lot of time for Sinfield....but he is trying too much without much support. His defence on the right fringes is being exposed more and more owing to his lack of pace.

Peacock is shot. Schofield was right. Time for the lad to hang up his boots, or at least be used sparingly for much shorter periods in matches where he is still selected.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7098.jpg
[quote="G1":1x8x7ghm]Nice one Andy. You articulated a differing opinion given reasons and substance. There's really no place for the likes of you on Substandard. :wink:[/quote:1x8x7ghm]:7098.jpg

Peacock is far from shot. He isn't as good as he once was but to pension him off is a disgrace. He has loads to offer still.

Come play off time I want him in my team, not the opposition

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Andy R "Peacock is far from shot. He isn't as good as he once was but to pension him off is a disgrace. He has loads to offer still.

Come play off time I want him in my team, not the opposition'"

Do you wear spectacles.....with a rose tint ? icon_razz.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7098.jpg
[quote="G1":1x8x7ghm]Nice one Andy. You articulated a differing opinion given reasons and substance. There's really no place for the likes of you on Substandard. :wink:[/quote:1x8x7ghm]:7098.jpg

No. I just recognise that rugby players are still capable of playing once they pass the age of 22, something that seems to pass you by.

If you were coach the first team would just be extension of the academy with a complete overhaul every 2 years

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10530
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18919_1341147656.jpg
[quote="King Monkey":30st820n]Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good. At least he'd lose his virginity.[/quote:30st820n]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18919.jpg

Quote: Andy R "Peacock is far from shot. He isn't as good as he once was but to pension him off is a disgrace. He has loads to offer still.

Come play off time I want him in my team, not the opposition'"

He's not shot, but he doesn't seeem capable of being effective for 50-60 mins a game anymore. He reminds me of Barrie McDermott around 2004/5.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Andy R "No. I just recognise that rugby players are still capable of playing once they pass the age of 22, something that seems to pass you by.

If you were coach the first team would just be extension of the academy with a complete overhaul every 2 years'"

Love the way other posters like to speak on my behalf icon_biggrin.gif

(It'd be every 1 year) icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I've been racking my brain to think of top-class 6s or 13s who've gone on into their mid-thirties, and can only think of Darren Lockyer (34) and Ellery Hanley (35). The former has been the most outstanding player of the last 20 years, and the latter the most outstanding of the previous 20, so they can count as exceptions.

*Everyone* else, from Lewis to Daley to Fittler to Sculthorpe to Schofield to Edwards to Johns, was done by the time they were 32.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Both were terrible tonight. All of our forwards bar JJB were dominated in every collision. Peacock looks completely shot. If he is to play for England I hope he doesn't back up. Can Singleton or Smith offer any less than our pack in the moment?

As for Sinfield that was a horror show but you have to look at the two coaching strategies. Smith ran Atkins at Sinfield at every opportunity and he had a mare. Briers on the other hand was unmolested almost the entire game and ran the show. Remember the days we would run Senior at him all game? We did it once with the workmanlike Delaney and got some joy but it's not all about getting the tries. If halves are defending in that channel it's to keep them fresh. So you go at them hard and often to negate that.

One team did that, the other didn't.

If McDermott plays Sinfield in the centres in defence next game it will be a very alarming indication that McDermott can not recognize one of the things that is wrong and fixing it..

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

I think Peacock could do a good job off the bench, doing just 30 mins to rest starting props and keep teammates on their toes with his vocal leadership just before and after half-time. We just need some starting props now to implement that idea.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5123
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60524_1510403940.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60524.jpg

Both had a bad game last night. Get over it - the 2 legends and will play much better than that this season, they were just off their game last night (it does happen). I think they just need to be given a bit more slack. Blaming Peacock and Sinny is not the answer. Agree with starting Peacock on the bench though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Aren't both high earners on longish term contracts? Unless another club would be prepared to take them on, you will have to find a way of accommodating them. They've both had great careers, but look as though time is catching up with them now.

RankPostsTeam
International Star798
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's easy to pick out JP and Sinny because they're our big game players, but throughout the team there are deficiencies which are hard to put down to 'being past it'. We are an ageing team, and a team who has played virtually every week for the last 3 years, throw into that internationals and fatigue must be setting in. JP is still a leader but needs to be spelled/rotated/rested more. He does big stints and is losing his impact. Sinny should be moved back into the pack (as we've been calling for for ages). But McD should be picking up on these things if we are. There's things that are obvious to all watching that he doesn't seem to see and won't change. Is it stubbornness or are we just blinkered? We do need to freshen things up, but when you can't go out buy/sign people, it's down to the coach to do that with training and tactics.

52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.14794921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
5m
Film game
Boss Hog
5m