Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11400_1493633977.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11400.gif

Quote: Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! "Im not saying GH is happy im saying I dont think McD's is under pressure from either GH or Caddick at this moment in time and even at this stage he has enough runs on the board for that to remain in their eyes. I cant see GH panicking or anything.

I honestly believe McD has GH's trust and that hasnt changed since the season started.'"

I disagree totally mate. I think he's a dead man walking and will end up at HKR next season

DHM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

Quote: craigizzard "Harris never started on the bench did he? Murray would start him at fullback to keep him out of the way for the early exchanges then bring on St.Hilaire with Harris moving to his real position of stand-off and Darryl Powell either going off or switching to the pack. That's how I remember it anyway. Either way, Liam Sutcliffe is no Iestyn Harris and I'm not even sure Ashton Golding is any Marcus St.Hilaire.'"

It was an extraordinary situation with Harris and Hilaire, The exception to the rule.
Golding reminds me of the many A team players I watched during the early 80's.

RankPostsTeam
International Star59No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tad rhino "I disagree totally mate. I think he's a dead man walking and will end up at HKR next season'"

I agree with Marty. I think Hetherington will give him 1 more season to prove it was a one off.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach24376
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11400_1493633977.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11400.gif

if he does we are in serious

RankPostsTeam
International Star1424
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51233_1315864499.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51233.gif

Quote: chapylad "I think you are reading it out of context.
They lost to Huddersfield when you would have bet on them winning that and probably securing top spot.
Chill mate you are doing well I was simply pointing out that some of the top four have lost games or drawn games they should have won.
No big deal.
I would sooner be in your position than ours.'"

Fair point.
Our difference in form this season is primarily two fold. Firstly, a much stronger pack, allowing the backs to express themselves more. Secondly our game management has improved. Last season, we lost about 5-6 games by a single score, this year we have done the reverse.

We also now tend to keep calm if we fall behind in a game, after years of always trying to play catch up rugby. Basic stuff and things Leeds, Saints, Wigan etc have been doing for years.

Confidence and team spirit is there for all to see. However, ask most Hull fans and they'll not be so confident against Leeds this Friday. Beating Leeds will be a major monkey off our back. For years we always had a good record against Leeds, but in the past decade our victories have been few and far between.

We hope for a win and hope to get to the Super 8's in first place. However, we have also been good at taking each game as it comes this season. It will be interesting how teams treat the final three games of the regular season, we have Leeds, Rovers and Salford and then the CC Semi Final.

Don't doubt you'll come through comfortably through the Middle 8's, but still amazed in your dip in form this season, as much as I am by the improvement in ours.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: chapylad "I doubt it but at least it makes the top 4 interesting probably to the last game of the season.
Only Wigan seem to want to finish top whilst the other 3 keep throwing it away.'"

Hull have won 15 of their last 17 games so not sure they're throwing much away at all

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2093No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Jul 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: settle rhino "I agree with Marty. I think Hetherington will give him 1 more season to prove it was a one off.'"

As much as my heart says this shouldn't happen I think the odds are that it will. MMcD will get another six months at least to turn it around.

The more interesting question is do fans want him to succeed or not?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fallon "As much as my heart says this shouldn't happen I think the odds are that it will. MMcD will get another six months at least to turn it around.

The more interesting question is do fans want him to succeed or not?'"

Surely all fans want him to succeed???

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

I'd find it really hard to believe that when Hetherington takes a long hard look at this season he won't be anything other than appalled and embarrassed. He may well accept some of the excuses as a partial cause, and may blame some of the senior players, but to imagine he wouldn't have BM in his sights is beyond odd. This has been the worst season in Hetherington's tenure and even assuming we survive the Middle 8s with plenty to spare is just about on a par with the worst in the club's history.

Its also clear that some of the senior players have let themselves down badly. Some of the grabbing instead of tackling, lazy marker play, inability to even form a straight line and dreadful reads (accounting for two of Widnes' tries on Sunday) ought to be unacceptable for professional players who are supposedly at or near the top of their sport. Having said that, whilst the players are the ones missing tackles, its the coach's job to get the best out of the players he has. I'd love to see McDermott claim with a straight face that he's managed to do that for more than a couple of games or spells in games over the season.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7198
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rugby Raider "Fair point.
Our difference in form this season is primarily two fold. Firstly, a much stronger pack, allowing the backs to express themselves more. Secondly our game management has improved. Last season, we lost about 5-6 games by a single score, this year we have done the reverse.

We also now tend to keep calm if we fall behind in a game, after years of always trying to play catch up rugby. Basic stuff and things Leeds, Saints, Wigan etc have been doing for years.

Confidence and team spirit is there for all to see. However, ask most Hull fans and they'll not be so confident against Leeds this Friday. Beating Leeds will be a major monkey off our back. For years we always had a good record against Leeds, but in the past decade our victories have been few and far between.

.'"

Agree with that.
I had you in the top 4 if you could move Pryce on as IMO you were a halfback short of a top of the table finish.
Your pack is pretty mobile too and you have the backs that can finish.
I also had my doubts about Radford but talking to a few Hull blokes they rated him and told me he would come good.
Just shows I know nothing!
We would need a massive turn of form to put one over you on Friday night.
Although playing with a recognised hooker might help us a bit.
I also am not confident we will breeze through the middle 8`s as other clubs seem to have more desire than we do and more organisation oh and they don`t have a coach who has completely lost the plot.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Quote: tad rhino "David furner is the most mentioned replacement'"

Oh dear Lord.

RankPostsTeam
International Star484
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif

"If you take the context out of the game, that was a good performance."....Quoted by Mr McDermott post-match. This is the type of quote I spent years listening to from Paul Cullen at Warrington...Totally meaningless gobble-de-Gook. Having no axe to grind I'm fearful for the future of the game with a much reduced Leeds club. Despite your terrible season you still had 16,000+ for the fixture many of whom follow the club home and away...You regularly fill the east stand at Warrington worth many thousands of pounds on the gate. I dread to think what would happen if the situation doesn't change at Leeds. I don't normally bash coaches but if you look closely at your coaches record it doesn't take much examining. He didn't pull up any trees in London and inherited a classy Leeds side which a monkey on a stick should have been able to coach. That team has grown older and slower and key players have retired...The coaches job should have been to replace those players with at least as much ability, or more, those he replaced. Sometimes fans show blind loyalty instead of common sense. Times up for Mr McDermott I'm afraid.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: BrianBradyHandOff ""If you take the context out of the game, that was a good performance."....Quoted by Mr McDermott post-match. This is the type of quote I spent years listening to from Paul Cullen at Warrington...Totally meaningless gobble-de-Gook. Having no axe to grind I'm fearful for the future of the game with a much reduced Leeds club. Despite your terrible season you still had 16,000+ for the fixture many of whom follow the club home and away...You regularly fill the east stand at Warrington worth many thousands of pounds on the gate. I dread to think what would happen if the situation doesn't change at Leeds. I don't normally bash coaches but if you look closely at your coaches record it doesn't take much examining. He didn't pull up any trees in London and inherited a classy Leeds side which a monkey on a stick should have been able to coach. That team has grown older and slower and key players have retired...The coaches job should have been to replace those players with at least as much ability, or more, those he replaced. Sometimes fans show blind loyalty instead of common sense. Times up for Mr McDermott I'm afraid.'"

The recruitment of players is handled by Hetherington. Same as at any club. Of course there's input from the coach but in the end recruitment of players is a financial and a managerial decision and so is ultimately taken by the CEO/Chairman more so than the head coach.

Even so, Galloway has been one of our better performers in the pack overall this season. The big issue recruitment wise is hooker. But even taking that into account we still shouldn't be bottom of the table. That can't be attributed solely to either the hooker issue or the coach(es) underperforming/getting it wrong.

People often go on about how it's the Head Coach's responsibility to get a team to perform. Well I agree with that but with the rather significant caveat that his ability to do that is limited by several factors, the single biggest being the players themselves. They have a responsibility to perform in the same way as the coach does. And as we've seen numerous times this season, there are plenty of Leeds players who have to share the blame (along with the coach) for our performances this season.

It's why I am generally averse to sacking coaches as I think it happens far too often without much thought having gone into it and I see it as being the "easy option".

I'd also say that just as clubs wouldn't sack a successful player after 1 poor season I don't think a club should sack a coach in a similar fashion.

This season for Leeds has been a combination of factors in my opinion. The injuries and training ground issues have been a factor, as has the hangover from the win last year. We're obviously low on confidence and have been unable to get it back. The hooker issue is a big one that wasn't sorted properly by the management. The coaching staff have to take their share of the blame but so do the players, especially the senior players who have generally not performed this year.

I think the players should get the majority of the praise when we win and so I think they should get their fair share of the blame when we perform so poorly.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1439No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Him "The recruitment of players is handled by Hetherington. Same as at any club. Of course there's input from the coach but in the end recruitment of players is a financial and a managerial decision and so is ultimately taken by the CEO/Chairman more so than the head coach.

Even so, Galloway has been one of our better performers in the pack overall this season. The big issue recruitment wise is hooker. But even taking that into account we still shouldn't be bottom of the table. That can't be attributed solely to either the hooker issue or the coach(es) underperforming/getting it wrong.

People often go on about how it's the Head Coach's responsibility to get a team to perform. Well I agree with that but with the rather significant caveat that his ability to do that is limited by several factors, the single biggest being the players themselves. They have a responsibility to perform in the same way as the coach does. And as we've seen numerous times this season, there are plenty of Leeds players who have to share the blame (along with the coach) for our performances this season.

It's why I am generally averse to sacking coaches as I think it happens far too often without much thought having gone into it and I see it as being the "easy option".

I'd also say that just as clubs wouldn't sack a successful player after 1 poor season I don't think a club should sack a coach in a similar fashion.

This season for Leeds has been a combination of factors in my opinion. The injuries and training ground issues have been a factor, as has the hangover from the win last year. We're obviously low on confidence and have been unable to get it back. The hooker issue is a big one that wasn't sorted properly by the management. The coaching staff have to take their share of the blame but so do the players, especially the senior players who have generally not performed this year.

I think the players should get the majority of the praise when we win and so I think they should get their fair share of the blame when we perform so poorly.'"

You shouldn't underestimate the hooker situation, it wouldn't be so bad if we could just blame GH for getting his signing wrong (assuming it was him who identified falloon, it could have been Mac or even an assistant who did the research into the possible hookers)
However it is Macs decision to not play a hooker at all which totally derails the team, we only have one halfback and therefore become very easy to predict in attack
Not playing Falloon when fit is criminal but even when he isn't we should stick someone like Keinhorst into 9 as any normal coach would

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

For me it's only in context where Galloway looks respectable.

He started awfully and has pulled himself up to the dizzy heights of ok.

For me he's still part of the problem not the solution.

81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.2587890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
Cokey
29m
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
Recent
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
Recent
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
Recent
Betting 2024
karetaker
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
31s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
33s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
43s
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
1m
Play-off semi-final
Prince Buste
1m
Betting 2024
karetaker
2m
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
2m
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,240 ↓-19380,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22