Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: Gotcha "The 19's train with the first team twice per week.

Would help I suppose if the head coach actually coached also, which would spare up some men.'"

The Head Coach does coach. I've seen him doing it many times.

I find this website and its inhabitants a very strange bunch. We've gone from severe criticism of McDermott last season for not having a full time assistant and doing too much himself to now he's got too many assistants and he's not doing enough.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

Just as an aside GH showed no hesitation in dumping our previous coach who had won 2 championships in his first two years followed by a relatively poor third season. By relatively poor I mean a year we got to the CC final and got knocked out of the Play Offs following McGuire's injury against Wigan away.

TBH if you can't classify this season to date as a crisis then nothing qualifies.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

yes, but in 2010 Mac was already lined up and chomping at the bit to take the reigns.With focus shifting to the new stand and everything that comes with that this year, i would suggest what is happening now is not good timing and the last thing the CEO needs is to be opening the purse strings for severance packages and busting the bank for a new coach and big name players he may want.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2531No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15455_1318246892.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15455.jpg

Quote: Him "The Head Coach does coach. I've seen him doing it many times.

I find this website and its inhabitants a very strange bunch. We've gone from severe criticism of McDermott last season for not having a full time assistant and doing too much himself to now he's got too many assistants and he's not doing enough.'"

This.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7069
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Odemwingie":34o3cs52] I hope his career is over.(regarding danny mcguires injury 2010 play offs)[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Ewwenorfolk":34o3cs52] I'm glad McGuire got injured, hope he's out for about 10 months[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Bulls4Champs2010":34o3cs52]Price, Civ, Beaver, Moz and Wiki. Peacock is not in the catagory of these special players.[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="McLaren_Field":34o3cs52] To be fair, their teams are also inconsequential to their own fans judging by the amount of traffic that all the other boards get [/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Warrington Wolf":34o3cs52]If you win the weekly rounds then without doubt you are the champions.[/quote:34o3cs52]:

Quote: Biff Tannen "yes, but in 2010 Mac was already lined up and chomping at the bit to take the reigns.With focus shifting to the new stand and everything that comes with that this year, i would suggest what is happening now is not good timing and the last thing the CEO needs is to be opening the purse strings for severance packages and busting the bank for a new coach and big name players he may want.'"

I would say the likelyhood of closing the Southstand and people sacking off turning up and watching on Sky is growing by the week. Getting people to come back in 2018 if next season is anything other than a Leeds resurgence back to the top is impossible without on field success.

My dad has been going on and off for 50 plus years, he's had a SS season ticket for 20ish of those years.

He does a 2 hour + round trip to home games. His opinion right now is "GH is kidding himself if he thinks I'm gonna stand on the western terrace and watch that shower of $hit every week!"

GH is gonna lose thousands of fans. My old man has paid his dues. He can handle losing but not shipping 30 points a week.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

I agree Wilko and this is the Dilemma that GH has right now.It seems as though to me from this Email that he is going to gamble that when everyone is fit we will have a strong end to the season so he can put his PR machine into overdrive on how things will be all guns blazing into 2017 now the horrendous early season bad luck is behind us.He may well turn out to be right, but its not a call i would be happy making and it could back fire massively.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

I find this website and its inhabitants a very strange bunch. We've gone from severe criticism of McDermott last season for not having a full time assistant and doing too much himself to now he's got too many assistants and he's not doing enough.'"

I find the way you twist/interpret things very strange - the issue about the assistant was the quality and the ability of the assistant to challenge the coach and influence his decisions. Perhaps most pertinent of all provide the club with an option should things not go well. Can you honestly say Eaton or Plume have the quality and diversity of experience to offer Hetherington with an option?

McDermott himself was quite happy to offer himself as an assistant but seem unwilling to appoint an assistant of similar standing

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "I find the way you twist/interpret things very strange - the issue about the assistant was the quality and the ability of the assistant to challenge the coach and influence his decisions. Perhaps most pertinent of all provide the club with an option should things not go well. Can you honestly say Eaton or Plume have the quality and diversity of experience to offer Hetherington with an option?

McDermott himself was quite happy to offer himself as an assistant but seem unwilling to appoint an assistant of similar standing'"

An assistant is not there as a back up head coach should you want to sack the main one. That is not an assistants job at all. Nor is it going to happen with Hetherington anyway. There is no way on earth Hetherington is going to sack a coach mid-season.
An assistant is exactly that, an assistant. To help organise and run training, physios, analysis etc etc McDermott has 3 of them.
Why wouldn't Barry Eaton or Chris Plume be able to put their own points of view across to McDermott? They're all grown up human beings, they talk and they have meetings about issues. The same goes for Jason Davidson, in fact the last few years I'd say Davidson has had significant influence in McDermott's thinking re training and conditioning.

There was significant criticism of McDermott last season for only having a "part time" assistant. Now there is criticism of him for having too many. That seems rather silly to me and simply another excuse for having a go at McDermott without any real knowledge or thought behind it.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

An assistant should be of sufficient quality and experience to be able to assume the responsibility for the first team - can you honestly say either Eaton or Plume could do that?

How can either of these two talk on an near equal footing to McDermott - seriously. You could see your senario at say Warrington where Agar has experience at a high coaching level or Cas where Orr has experience at a high playing level. Neither Plume or Eaton has either. Personally I think its protectionism on the part of the coach no one to really challenge his decisions on an equally footing.

Didn't McClennan leave part way through a season? Leeds had an able assistant in place to mitigate McClennan's/GH decision to change.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Him "An assistant is not there as a back up head coach should you want to sack the main one. That is not an assistants job at all. Nor is it going to happen with Hetherington anyway. There is no way on earth Hetherington is going to sack a coach mid-season.
An assistant is exactly that, an assistant. To help organise and run training, physios, analysis etc etc McDermott has 3 of them.
Why wouldn't Barry Eaton or Chris Plume be able to put their own points of view across to McDermott? They're all grown up human beings, they talk and they have meetings about issues. The same goes for Jason Davidson, in fact the last few years I'd say Davidson has had significant influence in McDermott's thinking re training and conditioning.

There was significant criticism of McDermott last season for only having a "part time" assistant. Now there is criticism of him for having too many. That seems rather silly to me and simply another excuse for having a go at McDermott without any real knowledge or thought behind it.'"

Spot on with this.

Just because some people don't like Eaton and Plume as assistants they dismiss them as "yes" men for McDermott when in reality people aren't privy to the conversations they have together.

They say this because the like to paint a picture of McDermott as stubborn and refusing to hear anybody else's opinion except his own, yet we all know he let senior players coach and do halftime team talks.....bit contradictory that on one hand he's as stubborn as a mule and on the other hand he's prepared to let players take on responsibilities and do things off their own back without him needing to hold their hand.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

When? Are you talking weekly? or are you talking previously in his employment?

He certainly isn't doing it consistently at all, and is rarely seen the twice a week the under 19's are on the training field, or for that matter with the first team either. He does do video reviews, etc, but not in training.

What needs to be remembered here, and it is not just a coincidence that things behind the scenes started to regress at the same time, is that McDermott looks after the whole of the football side operation, he has control. This was done two years or so back, and was also why Sinfield and Peacock took most of the first teams coaching sessions previously. This is what Hetherington put in place, and what McDermott requested. It was part of the fall out from Barrie McDermott.

The success Leeds had in building through the ranks, was seperating the first team from the youth and development side, and having two equal in control of either side. McDermott has everyone on the coaching singing to his tune or not at all.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

Quote: sgtwilko "I would say the likelyhood of closing the Southstand and people sacking off turning up and watching on Sky is growing by the week. Getting people to come back in 2018 if next season is anything other than a Leeds resurgence back to the top is impossible without on field success.

My dad has been going on and off for 50 plus years, he's had a SS season ticket for 20ish of those years.

He does a 2 hour + round trip to home games. His opinion right now is "GH is kidding himself if he thinks I'm gonna stand on the western terrace and watch that shower of $hit every week!"

GH is gonna lose thousands of fans. My old man has paid his dues. He can handle losing but not shipping 30 points a week.'"

Don't forget the drunken gloits who define their whole communal existence in terms of ownership of the southstand along with their [i'Oh we are weeeeeee'[/i presence to the centre and rear and their duty bound reverence to the out of tune and out of sync bollox that moronic band happens to strike up.

I suspect plenty of them are still be sulking and when the current southstand does gets bulldozed, they may not renew their season tickets for that reason alone. The role of the team being utter pants in 2016 may well be enough to sway the rest of the gloits whose support is currently wavering.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: ThePrinter "Spot on with this.

Just because some people don't like Eaton and Plume as assistants they dismiss them as "yes" men for McDermott when in reality people aren't privy to the conversations they have together.

They say this because the like to paint a picture of McDermott as stubborn and refusing to hear anybody else's opinion except his own, yet we all know he let senior players coach and do halftime team talks.....bit contradictory that on one hand he's as stubborn as a mule and on the other hand he's prepared to let players take on responsibilities and do things off their own back without him needing to hold their hand.'"

In your opinion - you are no more privy to the conversations than anyone else.

Often on Sky coverage they show the dressing room at half time - not once have I ever seen Eaton or Plume addressing the players?

Of course he going to allow Peacock or Sinfield to talk to the players - they were far more important to the team's success than he was - it could be argued he has ridden on the back of their coat tails?

If you look at this season how would you say the coaching is going?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "

Often on Sky coverage they show the dressing room at half time - not once have I ever seen Eaton or Plume addressing the players?

'"

To be perfectly honest in Plume's case I'd either never heard of or forgotten the former Sheffield, Huddersfield, Gateshead, Hunslet player - I imagine the Leeds players don't remember his playing career either.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: tvoc "To be perfectly honest in Plume's case I'd either never heard of or forgotten the former Sheffield, Huddersfield, Gateshead, Hunslet player - I imagine the Leeds players don't remember his playing career either.'"

As opposed to the great playing careers of Brian McClennan and Tony Smith?

361 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
361 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.92138671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
PopTart
2m
Tonights match v HKR
ChampagneSup
5m