OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jinkymcfisher "McD and Baldwinson don't get along
That's why he is not getting picked!!!!'"

And the evidence of them not getting on is????

Baldwinson is in the full time squad and is playing regularly in the championship at Fev. For such a young prop I would say McD and the club have put him in a very fortunate position.

Baldwinson is a promising prospect but is he physically and mentally ready to face the likes of Chris Hill, Alex Walmsley, Grant Millington, Liam Watts, Ben Flower, Eorl Crabtree, David Taylor etc on a weekly basis? Hes still a pup and is 2 years of being ready for the demands of SL in my opinion. Prop is a tough position to play for anyone never mind a young lad like Baldwinson.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "I have a lot of time for Lancaster (we tried to get him as a player coach 18 years back) but he played an important role in reviving England's fortunes and bringing on younger players and the current squad are effectively Lancaster's choices. Quite why the players under performed so badly in the World Cup is still not clear but another example of players failing their coach. That said I was never in favour of Lancaster's pre determined substitution policy which played a part in the key defeat by Wales. But as a RU expert you will know that.'"

We? I neither know nor care why England RU failed to emerge from the group stage of their home World Cup but Eddie Jones (whoever he is) seemed to suggest it having something to do with employing a rookie coach - that would be Lancaster and he was your choice. Still sticking with that call even though by your terms of references 'you were wrong'?

Quote: Juan Cornetto " Too true. Nothing complicated about it at all - we have had half our squad (the better half) sitting in the stand injured each week. QED'"

No we haven't, only Ward has been absent throughout. Whichever players you have in your better half have all played at various points of the season and at no point yet have Leeds won away from Headingley (only won three there also) or won consecutive games irrespective of players available. At one point it was said (not by you that I recall) that with McGuire, Hardaker and Cuthbertson Leeds win the game easily - yet they returned and the results got even worse.

Quote: Juan Cornetto " I see you are trying to spin this theory that Mac was one of three coaches. I do not remember you blaming and calling for the head of these so called co-coaches (Sinfield & JP) in the years since 2011. Can you send me the link for your "taxi for Sinfield and JP" coaching comments
The comparison I made was quite clearly between league placing 2015 with McDermott, Sinfield and Peacock and league placing 2016 with McDermott without the influence of Sinfield and Peacock.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Posters argue that this period could be permanently damaging to the young players......then complain when another young player isn't picked.

Complain when players are asked to play other positions (Achurch to prop for example) then complain when Baldwinson isn't picked for 2nd row.

Classic SouthStander

Maybe with a number of young inexperienced players already in the 17, McDermott didn't fancy throwing another one in there if his other props were fit which by an large they have been. Not every young player will get their chances as quickly as others. If we'd had a number of props injured but our back line stayed fit or first choice HB's then it could be Handley, Golding or Lilley sitting on watching Baldwinson getting weekly games whilst they feature for Featherstone. Handley's been fortunate that Briscoe has had an injury hit 18 months.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6904
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73643_1666630451.jpeg
[img:v6cgff03]http://s26.postimg.org/9xie34xyh/leigh1.png[/img:v6cgff03]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73643.jpeg

Quote: Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! "And the evidence of them not getting on is????

Baldwinson is in the full time squad and is playing regularly in the championship at Fev. For such a young prop I would say McD and the club have put him in a very fortunate position.

Baldwinson is a promising prospect but is he physically and mentally ready to face the likes of Chris Hill, Alex Walmsley, Grant Millington, Liam Watts, Ben Flower, Eorl Crabtree, David Tayloretc on a weekly basis? Hes still a pup and is 2 years of being ready for the demands of SL in my opinion. Prop is a tough position to play for anyone never mind a young lad like Baldwinson.'"

Jamie Acton..

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: atomic "Jamie Acton..'"

Are you saying Jamie Acton is at the same level as Dave Taylor, Alex Walmsley and Chris Hill??? icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42181_1527427546.jpg
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround." An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42181.jpg

Quote: Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! "Are you saying Jamie Acton is at the same level as Dave Taylor, Alex Walmsley and Chris Hill???
And Grant Millington icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "Posters argue that this period could be permanently damaging to the young players......then complain when another young player isn't picked.

Complain when players are asked to play other positions (Achurch to prop for example) then complain when Baldwinson isn't picked for 2nd row.

Classic SouthStander

Maybe with a number of young inexperienced players already in the 17, McDermott didn't fancy throwing another one in there if his other props were fit which by an large they have been. Not every young player will get their chances as quickly as others. If we'd had a number of props injured but our back line stayed fit or first choice HB's then it could be Handley, Golding or Lilley sitting on watching Baldwinson getting weekly games whilst they feature for Featherstone. Handley's been fortunate that Briscoe has had an injury hit 18 months.'"

The point I was trying to make is that whilst the likes of Singleton and Mullally are fit their performance levels have been abysmal. So why not try an alternative, its not as if the current selection policy is yielding wins.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Towns88 "And Grant Millington Singleton and Mullally are nowhere near that level - how is Baldwinson supposed to get to that level if he never gets an opportunity to mix it with these guys?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! "The point i was making Sal was a lot of young players are drip fed quite rightly into the squad. I used Sinfield as an example as he is our most successful academy product. I had hoped you wouldnt take it as literally as you clearly have.

It was said McD has been spiteful to Baldwinson which there is no evidence of. He just doesnt deem him ready for Leeds at this stage of young career. As we all know prop is a very different position for a youngster than a winger for example.

Prop in fact is one position we havent had many injuries at. Whether you or I think Baldwinson is ready its McD's decision to make based on what he sees every day at training. If he chooses not to pick him thats not being spiteful in any way and its a ridiculous term to use.

Was he being spiteful when he dropped Singo earlier in the year? Or was he making a decision that he thought was best for the team at that time?

Im not a McD fan or hater i just objected to the term spiteful being used as it implies McD is deliberately making harmful decisions which i dont believe anyone at the club is doing. I firmly believe the people running the team and club are doing everything to turn this around.'"

He is the one player in the squad who hasn't been given chance of a run in the side. He has been in the squad for 2 years since his return from NZ during which he has shown some ability against fully developed players. He has played one game, show me an example of any other player in the squad who has been treated in this way.

Given where Leeds are I would want to be exploring every option to improve matters - what has McDermott got to lose as I said before its not as if his current methods are yielding wins.

You don't have any evidence to suggest this is anything but a spiteful McDermott issue - common sense suggests there is more to it than he is not ready.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

INOUT
Quote: Sal Paradise "He is the one player in the squad who hasn't been given chance of a run in the side. He has been in the squad for 2 years since his return from NZ during which he has shown some ability against fully developed players. He has played one game, show me an example of any other player in the squad who has been treated in this way.

Given where Leeds are I would want to be exploring every option to improve matters - what has McDermott got to lose as I said before its not as if his current methods are yielding wins.

You don't have any evidence to suggest this is anything but a spiteful McDermott issue - common sense suggests there is more to it than he is not ready.'"

He doesnt get a game because McD doesnt think hes ready after seeing him in training every day and play for Fev. Where is the evidence that it is spiteful???? Why would he be spiteful??

He isnt the best prop at Fev at the moment young Olmondroyd is so how can he be good enough for Leeds at this stage of his young career???

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Sal Paradise "The point I was trying to make is that whilst the likes of Singleton and Mullally are fit their performance levels have been abysmal. So why not try an alternative, its not as if the current selection policy is yielding wins.'"

Mullally hasn't been abysmal, steady but not abysmal. Singleton has had a couple of poor months but he's still got more experience than Baldwinson. As I said perhaps in a team with a number of inexperienced lads playing in it then he didn't want to throw another inexperienced lad in.

Perhaps if he waited a couple more weeks instead of alledgely asking for his release then maybe he'd have played the last couple of games. People are making it sound like the longest wait ever, it was about 13 games in reality.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: ThePrinter "Mullally hasn't been abysmal, steady but not abysmal. Singleton has had a couple of poor months but he's still got more experience than Baldwinson. As I said perhaps in a team with a number of inexperienced lads playing in it then he didn't want to throw another inexperienced lad in.

Perhaps if he waited a couple more weeks instead of alledgely asking for his release then maybe he'd have played the last couple of games. People are making it sound like the longest wait ever, it was about 13 games in reality.'"

But he is quite happy to throw in Sam Hallas - who showed if you give some of these youngsters a chance they may surprise you? As I said previously they are losing games so what have they got to lose by giving him a run? They will lose by more?

Baldwinson is probably like Amor needs a change of coach to kick on. Only time will tell

On Mullally virtually every game I see a try is scored through a hole where he should have been - Friday night was no different

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! "INOUTHe doesnt get a game because McD doesnt think hes ready after seeing him in training every day and play for Fev. Where is the evidence that it is spiteful???? Why would he be spiteful??

He isnt the best prop at Fev at the moment young Olmondroyd is so how can he be good enough for Leeds at this stage of his young career???'"

How do you know that is the reason - you don't.

Your idea that the club is doing everything to turn this around is a mute point - I think they are saving players for the middle 8's to try and avoid the £1m game.

On Baldwinson he has been in the McDermott system too long and needs a fresh challenge to kick start his career - clearly it isn't working for either party. It worked for Amor so no reason it cannot work for him

DHM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "On Mullally virtually every game I see a try is scored through a hole where he should have been - Friday night was no different'"

Mullally is dreadfully ordinary. Dismal signing.

318 posts in 22 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
318 posts in 22 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.54443359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ChampagneSup
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
20m