FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Castleford Tigers > Very disturbed by some of your fans behaviour.
37 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5445-3661prettyflower-msnicons.jpg
Parry Gordon's passes,Les Boyd's strong runs,Mike Gregory's workrate,Des Drummond's tries,Jonathan Davies' sheer genius...........oh,and Alan Rathbone's punches! All memories of the legendary venue which was Wilderspool stadium. Gone maybe,but never,ever forgotten. Warrington 15,Australia 12.:icons077e_files/5445-3661prettyflower-msnicons.jpg

I don't really know where to start here. I have watched warrington for a very long time and always travel to away games. Castleford has always been one of the more enjoyable away grounds. Until last night. I and my friends were stood in the corner underneath the cas scoreboard. Behind us were a group of adult cas fans...........not kids,ADULTS,or at least they were suppoosed to be. icon_sad.gif From the moment cas went 10-0 up we were abused verbally,with language I could not possibly post on here,by both men and women. If we tried to remonstrate with them we were told to "shut it" or we would be attacked,this behaviour continued throughout the first half,and we had to endure foul mouthed abuse of both ourselves and the warrington team. At half time these idiots thankfully moved to the other end of the ground,and we thought the whole disgraceful episode was over. It was,until very near the end of the game. Once Myler scored his second try and it looked certain we would win,a grey haired elderly lady(i would say in her 60's)who really should be old enough to know better started more verbal abuse,and this was endorsed by her husband,son and daughter in law,in front of two children who were with them. I hope those responsible for ruining the night for me are reading this,and are truly ashamed of themselves. I feel so strongly about this matter that i am going to contact the castleford club,and will have to think long and hard about wether I visit your ground in the future. At this moment in time it looks extremely unlikely that I will be seen inside the jungle again.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach653No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Apr 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

how do you know it was their daughter in law?

Sounds like a trip to wilderspool that does.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5445-3661prettyflower-msnicons.jpg
Parry Gordon's passes,Les Boyd's strong runs,Mike Gregory's workrate,Des Drummond's tries,Jonathan Davies' sheer genius...........oh,and Alan Rathbone's punches! All memories of the legendary venue which was Wilderspool stadium. Gone maybe,but never,ever forgotten. Warrington 15,Australia 12.:icons077e_files/5445-3661prettyflower-msnicons.jpg

Typical response I suppose. someone raises concerns over crowd safety,someone else with replies with "well what about your fans" type response!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach176No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41182.jpg
:41182.jpg

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Typical response I suppose. someone raises concerns over crowd safety,someone else with replies with "well what about your fans" type response!'"
Sorry you had put up with that, the club has a small number of so called fans that need to be banned like most clubs. so give the club as much info as you can.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39169.jpg
Be loyal be loud, be Cas, be proud - wherever in the world you are! Join Cas Tigers in Exile on Facebook:39169.jpg

Sadly those idiots are what you remember. There were about 6000 Cas fans there and 99% were great. Sorry you had to face that. All clubs have a few morons.

I had some great banter with Warrington fans, in the main a great set. But we all have ones who let us down.

Hope you do come the Jungle again though

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach653No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Apr 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Typical response I suppose. someone raises concerns over crowd safety,someone else with replies with "well what about your fans" type response!'"

well...what about your fans?

BD
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7050
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

99% of Cas fans are fine, it's just this 1% that lets us down. I don't see the need to come and post this though. And we know we have idiots like every club, so just contact the club and leave it off here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15575.jpg
[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[\img]:15575.jpg

Why didnt you approach a steward and report it.
We need to weed these sort of so called fans out, and it can only be done if people like yourself point this out to security.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Apr 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wilderspool memories "I don't really know where to start here. I have watched warrington for a very long time and always travel to away games. Castleford has always been one of the more enjoyable away grounds. Until last night. I and my friends were stood in the corner underneath the cas scoreboard. Behind us were a group of adult cas fans...........not kids,ADULTS,or at least they were suppoosed to be.
I was stood in that corner near the scoreboard and from memory it was dished out both ways and is called banter. there was just as much bad language coming from wire fans as there was from cas fans and there was no mention of you being attacked like you claim. If you dish out banter you should learn to take it. no wrong doing from any cas fans from where i was stood maybe both sides should have dialled down the verbals tho.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You needed to point out this behaviour to a steward. We are currently clamping down on this type of behaviour, and in fact are the first SL club to introduce a rapid response team who can be called upon at any time, see below:

"The Tigers are pleased to be able to advise fans of the introduction this season of two additional safety mechanisms which will help us to ensure that the Jungle remains an enjoyable, safe and family friendly experience on matchdays.

Following on from the introduction of the security video camera last year, at Saturday's match versus Warrington, for the first time we will have a rapid response team on duty and a new text service.

The Response team are a specially trained team who can be called upon by our regular stewards to deal with crowd misbehaviour. And furthermore, fans who witness or experience any problems with regard to safety and anti-social behaviour will now have direct access to the matchday control room via the Tigers new crowd text service. Fans can simply text 07940996983 point out where they are and someone will be dispatched to the area immediately. "

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman11181
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
936.jpg
:936.jpg

No mate. What's 'typical' is yet another opposition fan who believes they had a bad experience deciding to come onto a fans forum (where absolutely nothing can be done about it by anyone) and have a good old moan, instead of doing the right thing and contacting the club itself to register their greivance. If you get mugged do you tell the police? Or do you go to 'muggers.net' and complain about it? Jesus!

The Cas club now has CCTV images they can scan to help substantiate (or dispel) claims like this and identify any wrongdoers. They have a text messaging service where fans can contact the stewarding control room actually during the game while incidents are (allegedly) happening. They also have a rapid response Stewarding crew who I understand can kick into action as information comes in to deal with any incidents. Still, I'm sure you know best. It's obviously far better to just sit through an ordeal and then whine about it on an ineffectual forum when you get home.

I mean.. really... what the hell do you think posting your moan on here will actually achieve?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42181_1527427546.jpg
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround." An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42181.jpg

If I stopped going to away grounds in Football or rugby after hearing some swear words directed at me, I think it's safe to say I'd never leave the house. There's a minority of mugs wherever you go pal, just laugh it off & don't let it ruin things for you. Sticks and stones etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2010Feb 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Baby Sinclair.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Baby Sinclair.gif

As said before, it is the small minority of fans that every club has that behave in this fashion, however also as said before the problem should have been reported to a steward so the problem could have been dealt with accordingley, as these problem's are a priority to be resolved this season.

Im afraid to say very little can be done now as the culprits cannot be identified, therefore no action can be taken. These kind of situations are becoming common place everytime fans mix, i myself got some abuse at headingley last friday, swearing and the usual inbred crap, but it wont stop me from visiting headingley in the future to come.

Hopefully this encounter will not stop you from visiting the jungle in the future, stewards cannot stop fans from mixing without segregating the stands, but mixing is one of the things that makes the RL experience what it is for myself and many other fans, and while ever they can mix, "banter" will happen. Ignore it, report it to a steward an get on with enjoying the game, too late to do anything now im afraid

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2011Feb 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tim2446 "As said before, it is the small minority of fans that every club has that behave in this fashion, however also as said before the problem should have been reported to a steward so the problem could have been dealt with accordingley, as these problem's are a priority to be resolved this season.

Im afraid to say very little can be done now as the culprits cannot be identified, therefore no action can be taken. These kind of situations are becoming common place everytime fans mix, i myself got some abuse at headingley last friday, swearing and the usual inbred crap, but it wont stop me from visiting headingley in the future to come.

Hopefully this encounter will not stop you from visiting the jungle in the future, stewards cannot stop fans from mixing without segregating the stands, but mixing is one of the things that makes the RL experience what it is for myself and many other fans, and while ever they can mix, "banter" will happen. Ignore it, report it to a steward an get on with enjoying the game, too late to do anything now im afraid'"

The person who posted this thread was giving as good as he was getting from where I was stood there was quite a few cas fans that moved away from that area before half time because of this bloke and his mates attitude towards cas fans and language and I was one of them. maybe we should have reported him to the stewards. instead we took it on chin as banter and got on with it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2010Feb 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Baby Sinclair.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Baby Sinclair.gif

Quote: Team Titans "The person who posted this thread was giving as good as he was getting from where I was stood there was quite a few cas fans that moved away from that area before half time because of this bloke and his mates attitude towards cas fans and language and I was one of them. maybe we should have reported him to the stewards. instead we took it on chin as banter and got on with it.'"

Which is what i do with banter, it happens, shrug it off. The point im trying to make matef they feel so strongly about it, tell someone instead of complaining to the club when noting can be done about it. But if it is true that a few have said and that he gave as good as he got, then pretty hypocritical of him.

37 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
37 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.220703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
3m
Play-offs
Deeeekos
3m