Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6421.png
:6421.png

Cheap shot from a double glazing salesman.

but don't worry,

"It's that Good it will pay for itself " icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/grunt.gif
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........:Others/grunt.gif

wakey clutching at straws. would not help anyway as going out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17238.jpg
:17238.jpg

From comments previously attributed to Mr Glover I perceive he knows little about RL and only marginally more about WTWC. If that is the reality he is probably trying to get up to speed with an over-reliance on others who in this instance may be using him like a ventriloquist's dummy to regurgitate old views because he hasn't had time to formulate any of his own.

However am I alone in worrying that on the basis of recent (non)developments we will still come second in the stadia race even if Wakey are 3 years away from building theirs. In the current climate I rate our funding gap to be a bigger obstacle than the NM public enquiry and RW's strategy looks to have been one of gambling on Wakey's plan to come unstuck rather than materially moving ours forward.

I see a situation evolving whereby Wakey get NM built while in the Championship and we continue pretty much as we are. Come the next round of license applications that would be manna from heaven for the merger lobby.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/grunt.gif
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........:Others/grunt.gif

Quote: smoking monkey "
However am I alone in worrying that on the basis of recent (non)developments we will still come second in the stadia race even if Wakey are 3 years away from building theirs. In the current climate I rate our funding gap to be a bigger obstacle than the NM public enquiry and RW's strategy looks to have been one of gambling on Wakey's plan to come unstuck rather than materially moving ours forward.

I see a situation evolving whereby Wakey get NM built while in the Championship and we continue pretty much as we are. Come the next round of license applications that would be manna from heaven for the merger lobby.'"

lot of others see it that way too. therefore the RFL should also see it and not give franchise to the pair of you. you have had 3 years and nothing done whilst others have built new grounds yet not allowed franchise.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach471No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif
Between the Lobbies and the Pies:Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: smoking monkey "From comments previously attributed to Mr Glover I perceive he knows little about RL and only marginally more about WTWC. If that is the reality he is probably trying to get up to speed with an over-reliance on others who in this instance may be using him like a ventriloquist's dummy to regurgitate old views because he hasn't had time to formulate any of his own.

I see a situation evolving whereby Wakey get NM built while in the Championship and we continue pretty much as we are. Come the next round of license applications that would be manna from heaven for the merger lobby.'"

But you see the current climate has a massive impact on whether NM will actually see the light of day. More empty commercial units anyone?? icon_wink.gif

Ask yourself what is most likely to happen, housing company decides to cough up for WR (and in the next few weeks thats all we'll be waiting for), or wait for the SoS to give to go ahead, apply for Outline PP, then apply for Full PP, then hope for an economic upturn to make building of commercial units viable, which in turn would pay for a shiney new stadium.......................

I know who my money is on!!! icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: swifty62 "lot of others see it that way too. therefore the RFL should also see it and not give franchise to the pair of you. you have had 3 years and nothing done whilst others have built new grounds yet not allowed franchise.'"

A fair enough point, but how can you kick out Cas & keep Crusaders who are second best to Cas on every front and who went into administration or Quins who have a nice stadium but nothing much else. If they did adopt your view the RFL would in effect be saying that the only factor in the franchise application system that matters is the stadium.
One thing is for certain, the RFL have dug themselves into a hole & whoever misses out on a franchise will have legitimate cause to complain.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12415No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
974.jpg
[b:876tpu3k][size=100:876tpu3k][color=green:876tpu3k][i:876tpu3k]Getting older is mandatory; growing up is optional.[/i:876tpu3k][/color:876tpu3k][/size:876tpu3k][/b:876tpu3k] [quote="tb":876tpu3k]I agree with Bonzo[/quote:876tpu3k] [quote="Inflatable_Armadillo":876tpu3k]I like you Bonzo, you are my kind of person... [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sensible:876tpu3k]sensible[/url:876tpu3k]![/quote:876tpu3k] [img:876tpu3k]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/cas.gif[/img:876tpu3k]:974.jpg

Quote: swifty62 "lot of others see it that way too. therefore the RFL should also see it and not give franchise to the pair of you. you have had 3 years and nothing done whilst others have built new grounds yet not allowed franchise.'"

Perhaps you should do a bit of homework before making such a stupid and ill-informed comment again.

Run along.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach588No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: binks "Oh ffs here we go again, I'm off to hide till this tripe blows over again'"

If you care to look the thread was started by a Cas fan and then discussed by Cas fans, which being their board they have every right to, but seeing as you are discussing Wakey and the merits of a groundshare would you deny Wakey fans the right of reply?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4889
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Quote: Tigerpie "But you see the current climate has a massive impact on whether NM will actually see the light of day. More empty commercial units anyone??
Not sure WR will be worth what you think in the current climate for housing, this is perhaps one of the main reasons around funding and the rumours that the build will be staged when it begins.

I hope both teams succeed then as a district we can be proud of our RL heritage and prove to the RFL we deserve our places in the top flight.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23517.gif
George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfookers on that side.":23517.gif

I think RW has been a bit clever here. The housing company obviously know we are desperate for the money, and why. So they have tried to nick WR. I would imagine RW has said, balls to em we'll sell it to someone else then. We are prepared to wait. Rightly so IMO. I know this is merely conjecture, but reading between the lines that's what I think. If they want the land they will pay up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44747_1304271884.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44747.png

Quote: dickie mint "If you care to look the thread was started by a Cas fan and then discussed by Cas fans, which being their board they have every right to, but seeing as you are discussing Wakey and the merits of a groundshare would you deny Wakey fans the right of reply?'"

Sounds like the way your mob run your board, so we should be the same - make the slightest comment you lot don't like and you sulk and call anyone you don't agree with a troll eusa_think.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44747_1304271884.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44747.png

Quote: deeHell "Without getting involved in arguments with specific individuals on here I just want to state what the facts are, not the facts through amber and black glasses.'"

Right....

Quote: deeHell "Glasshoughton will not in the near future get built, the money is just not there and you can't just magic millions £s of private money up! No amount of apperances from Dicke Wrong on Glasshoughton pit stack with hard hat and high vis jacket on will change that, you've used that card already. The RFL are know exactly what agenda they are working to, after previous broken promises from Cas you have failed to deliver on the stadium...FACT! You along with Wakey and Salford received a warning letter from the RFL, regarding fulfilling promises about stadium facilities. by promising then failing to deliver you have set yourselves up for the chop! Cas will lose there franchise to Halifax, remember you heard it here first. Widnes will be announced in a few weeks then Halifax will be announced in a couple of months, Wakey and Cas will be out in July! Enjoy your day in the sun! Obviously time will tell if I'm right but remember where you heard if first!
But **** is still **** whether it's you, Glover or Ted saying it icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach471No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif
Between the Lobbies and the Pies:Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: binks "Oh ffs here we go again, I'm off to hide till this tripe blows over again'"

You're right, I just can't be ar*ed any more with them.............

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23517.gif
George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfookers on that side.":23517.gif

I like how deehell knows the outcome of a government enquiry before the government does. From that point his post lost any credibility. Facts my bum hole

120 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
120 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3798828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
Wollo-Wollo-
3m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
4m