JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

there is no point beating about the bush on this i think he should be sacked as soon as possible and ideally replaced with either john sharp or andrew henderson i would be interested to here other peoples thoughts on this and if you think he should be given more time how bad should it get before he is sacked

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4146
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

She carries on through it all...... She's a Waterfall:

In recent memory I cant remember any season where fax fans haven't whinged on about their coach.
You lot even moaned about matt Calland and he brought back the big one ffs.
A succession of coaches since have all got berated by fax fans when the issues are well beyond their achievability given the resources at their disposal.
Trud polishing is the best than can be hoped for with the squad at Grix's disposal.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27802.gif

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "In recent memory I cant remember any season where fax fans haven't whinged on about their coach.
A succession of coaches since have all got berated by fax fans when the issues are well beyond their achievability given the resources at their disposal.
Trud polishing is the best than can be hoped for with the squad at Grix's disposal.'"

To be fair, I normally agree with most of your posts but in this case I don’t. That squad is not too bad and shouldn’t be where it is in the league and performing as it is. Now is definitely the time to moan about the coach - the club have spent well on the squad, and more importantly, have spent bigger on a rebrand. Now is the time to get it right on the pitch…

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player772
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "In recent memory I cant remember any season where fax fans haven't whinged on about their coach.
Trud polishing is the best than can be hoped for with the squad at Grix's disposal.'"

dont you think fans are entitled to whinge as you put it when there side is playing crap or should they just keep supporting the club finically and keep quite is that how you support fev with your tale between your legs just excepting what ever the club does and if i were you i would be more concerned with the behavior of your winger then taking cheap shots at other clubs

RankPostsTeam
International Star1080No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: terry silver "there is no point beating about the bush on this i think he should be sacked as soon as possible and ideally replaced with either john sharp or andrew henderson i would be interested to here other peoples thoughts on this and if you think he should be given more time how bad should it get before he is sacked'"

How long does he have left on his contract and where would you get the money from to pay him off?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain433No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I staunchly defended Grix last week, however this week he will have to take some responsibility for turning a side that couldn't defend into one so scared of repeating last weeks mistakes they lost any confidence in putting together any form of attack . I tend to agree with an earlier poster that historically Fax fans have been quite quick to call for a coaches sacking- while I accept that the team is not playing to its potential at the moment, not sure how the club could afford this as I think he's got another couple of years on his contract.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Halifax does in my view have a long term problem but not necessarily the coach or the players
If over a long period of time you had a manager with total responsibility of running a department for you and no matter what funding or which different staff you put in productivity didnt improve who would change the staff or the manager responsible ?
Who made the decision not to interview coaching candidates? madness.
Who pushed for Marshall to be sacked rather than support him ?

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: terry silver "dont you think fans are entitled to whinge as you put it when there side is playing crap or should they just keep supporting the club finically and keep quite is that how you support fev with your tale between your legs just excepting what ever the club does and if i were you i would be more concerned with the behavior of your winger then taking cheap shots at other clubs'"

Cheap shots my botty.
What is inaccurate about my post? Every coach since Calland has had stick....one point I will agree is that your entitlement of expression. Thats your right and entirely your choice as to whether you take it.
My point is that the problems facing fax are way beyond the abilities of any coach to successfully address. Other opinions on this are available.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4561
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A few random thoughts and questions on the issues surrounding SG and wether he should be sacked and there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution, it’s not just as simple as saying it’s time to go.

1. Can we afford financially to do so?

2. Can we afford not to do so because it may cost us more in the long run?

1. Having the finances to do so is the first requirement, because if we ain’t got the doe he ain’t going to go, at least not that way anyhow.

2. How can anyone predict how it will turn out with SG and if whoever replaces him will do any better?
Edit on 2. If results so far are anything to go by it won’t turn out well under SG.
Still unknown how a replacement would do.

Anyway. The question is front and centre now already this season and not just on here and with each game that passes and with their results it will become more or less so by itself, so one way or another it should be resolved.

A few more bad results he may decide to resign.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player772
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Phantom Horseman "How long does he have left on his contract and where would you get the money from to pay him off?'"

I thought is contract was up at the end of this season but as others have said it may be longer i am happy to be corrected on this.As for paying him off my understanding of when we sacked Marshall is that we agreed with him to continue to pay him monthly until is contract expired at the end of that season again happy to be corrected if wrong on this my point would be if this continues to get any worse and i think it will what will it cost us in the long run can we afford not to

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player772
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "Cheap shots my botty.
What is inaccurate about my post? Every coach since Calland has had stick....one point I will agree is that your entitlement of expression. Thats your right and entirely your choice as to whether you take it.
My point is that the problems facing fax are way beyond the abilities of any coach to successfully address. Other opinions on this are available.'"

what is inaccurate about your post is i never called for a other coach to be sacked and why is it beyond the abilities of the coach to address the on field problems we have if he cant then its time to give up the issues on the field we have are not down to money there down to the coach not being able to get the best out of the players he as at is disposal and that being the case since he took over take your fev hat off and do you think we are really a poor a side as our performances have been and would you be happy if fev appointed a coach with out even advertising the post first to see who was interested in the post to get the best person for the job

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: terry silver "what is inaccurate about your post is i never called for a other coach to be sacked and why is it beyond the abilities of the coach to address the on field problems we have if he cant then its time to give up the issues on the field we have are not down to money there down to the coach not being able to get the best out of the players he as at is disposal and that being the case since he took over take your fev hat off and do you think we are really a poor a side as our performances have been and would you be happy if fev appointed a coach with out even advertising the post first to see who was interested in the post to get the best person for the job'"

Most of our coaches at fev have been appointed without advertising.... but thats irrelevant here. We're not on about fev.
I never said you or anyone else called for grix to be sacked. I point out that got over a decade fans on this forum have complained about every single coach, where the problems facing fax run much deeper. If you think its the coach .... fair enough.... I have no intention of changing your opinion. But in my opinion a change of coach will not make any significant difference.
But hey..... don't let me stop you from venting your spleen on grix..... or any other poor say that follows him in post.... just like those that preceeded him

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player772
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "Most of our coaches at fev have been appointed without advertising.... but thats irrelevant here. We're not on about fev.
I never said you or anyone else called for grix to be sacked. I point out that got over a decade fans on this forum have complained about every single coach, where the problems facing fax run much deeper. If you think its the coach .... fair enough.... I have no intention of changing your opinion. But in my opinion a change of coach will not make any significant difference.
But hey..... don't let me stop you from venting your spleen on grix..... or any other poor say that follows him in post.... just like those that preceeded him'"

did your chairman not travel as far as Australia to get ryan carr we could only dream of that type of ambition at halifax and what are these much deeper problems that fax have could you explain seen as they are holding the club back as for venting my spleen on grix or any other coach what do you expect have you watched our performances under is guidance should all fans just be quiet and hand over there money without question i have read your forum and that does not happen on there you cant just not hold people to account other wise we will end up like the government and don't get me started on them.The cheap shot i was referring to was when you referred to halifax like polishing a terd if featherstone were struggling and i went on your forum as a halifax fan and said that how well do you think that would be received

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain433No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Like most supporters on this forum I was delighted with the squad assembled this year - while covid situation probably brought some players within our budget that wouldn't otherwise have been, I would guess we still probably pushed the budget to the limit. While I've no idea what money Grix is on - I would be very surprised if we had the money to pay him off and then employ a new, more experienced, and therefore likely more expensive coach. If change just isn't feasible as supporters we have 2 alternatives - we slag off the coach at every opportunity, further reducing the confidence of both the coach and the team - or- however crap todays performance was - we get behind him in the hope he can turn things round.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: terry silver "did your chairman not travel as far as Australia to get ryan carr we could only dream of that type of ambition at halifax and what are these much deeper problems that fax have could you explain seen as they are holding the club back as for venting my spleen on grix or any other coach what do you expect have you watched our performances under is guidance should all fans just be quiet and hand over there money without question i have read your forum and that does not happen on there you cant just not hold people to account other wise we will end up like the government and don't get me started on them.The cheap shot i was referring to was when you referred to halifax like polishing a terd if featherstone were struggling and i went on your forum as a halifax fan and said that how well do you think that would be received'"

Terry.... if you want to try and score points on fev.... feel free cocker. But this thread isn't about fev.
As I said earlier, you can vent your spleen as oft as you like. That is entirely your perogative.
BUT, it does not negate from the current issues facing fax. Grix, like those before him and in all likelihood those that succeed him, is hampered by the lack of available resources to take fax beyond where they are.
You may disagree. C'est la vie.

68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.11328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
7m
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
9m