FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > B*lls Chairman "speaks to fans" we will stay full time
21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Bradford plan to remain full-time
Bradford owner Marc Green says the club plans to remain as a full-time operation despite missing out on the Middle 8s.

Green published this statement on the Bulls website this evening: "Firstly, I am rather disappointed to have been pressured into making a public statement through the unacceptable and veracious scaremongering, which has occurred since the defeat on Sunday and especially in the last 24 hours.

"I fully understand supporters and stakeholders want to know the impact the loss will have on the club moving forward but the manner in which this has gained momentum is quite unbelievable.

"Before I deal with the statement, I was horrified to hear someone threw a drink in the face of a player, as he left the pitch on Sunday and someone else hurled abuse at a director of the club and his wife as they left after the game. In my opinion this is totally unacceptable behaviour and there is no place in our game for such conduct. I have launched an investigation into identifying the culprit and they will be dealt with appropriately.

"I have also seen the photo of me on Sky doing the rounds with some narrative alongside it. I can confirm this is a fake, this conversation never happened and I never made these comments. Whilst the photo is genuine it was captured from my only ever appearance on Sky’s Boots ’n’ All just after I first took over.

"Returning to the important issues.

"Sunday’s defeat was not only disappointing it was beyond hurtful, however, some of the comments on social media and in the media are even more so. Whilst I understand the emotion of defeat often spills over, what has occurred since Sunday is unjustifiable. I am not talking about the moronic comments from Salford fans, where I have been personally attacked, this is water off a ducks back, but from the very supporters of our club and from within. I have endured over a lengthy period of time the questioning of my intent towards the club, from the very beginning where it was assumed I was only there to take the so called parachute payment and then I was gone, to the most recent abuse which has been aimed at me for allegedly not investing in the club or wasting money on people such as my colleague and now friend Steve Ferres.

"I have been blamed for allowing Steve and Steve has been blamed for buying players which apparently aren’t fit to wear the famous shirt. I have sat by and allowed this abuse to continue unabated but enough is enough. I noticed no one was blaming Steve for the signings when we missed out narrowly on promotion last season, or when we won the first four games convincingly and came back in the remarkable draw at home to Leigh. If I am guilty of anything it is sitting back and not saying anything earlier. As a statement of fact, not one player has been brought to the club not requested by or wanted by the Head Coach at the time. Numerous players were offered to previous Head Coaches and not wanted including a number of halfbacks, of which at least one currently plays Super League today. Moreover, if this is not believed, there are Board Minutes to substantiate this.

"As for the impact Sunday’s defeat will have on the club, this is dependent on a number of things, one of which must be how badly you want the club to survive. What I am about to say might not make me Mr Popular, but I never came into this sport to be Mr Popular, I came in to do a job to the best of my ability.

"From the club’s perspective – it is our intention to continue as a full time team for next season. I will be amazed if this is believed, because clearly it hasn’t on the many other times this has been said by the club since the day I walked into it. We are pretty much sorted with our squad for next season although we will hope to add to it if the right person becomes available.

"Furthermore, it is also our intention to continue developing our youth policy, which over the year has seen the Under 19s put themselves in the mix for a play-off position as they currently sit fourth in the league, seen us recognised as a Category 1 Academy placed in the top eight of the sport and has seen both an Under 19 and an Under 16 called up for England. Bearing in mind when I took over the club it had no youth system at all, I think this is something to be proud of.

"All this to one side I cannot and will not do this alone. Unless everyone buys into the future of the club, your club as I am continually told, there is no future. I have been repeatedly asked as to why we or, more accurately, I have not invested in the club and the simple truth of the matter is I have spent the last 28 months bridging the gap between what our loyal supporters contribute towards the income of the club and what is actually needed.

"Throughout the season and possibly before, I have faced the accusations of – charging too much for season tickets – too expensive for what you are watching, been directed to reduce prices, been told we are too expensive – are we though, let’s look.

"Your new Head Coach went to Keighley from the Championship 1 and was charged £15.00 to get in. It costs £175 for a season ticket at part-time Dewsbury and £200 at Sheffield and I could go on. Therefore, if you all don’t believe your club is worth £30 a year more than those mentioned, then we might as well give up now. So the simple position is, withdrawing your support next season will only contribute towards tighter purse strings and cause greater hardship to the club you all love so dearly.

"Over the two years I have asked, almost begged, instead of drinking in the pubs around the ground on a match day and giving your hard earned cash to other businesses, drink in the club and let the money go to your club. However, this has fallen on deaf ears. Now I appreciate we all have the right to spend our money wherever we want, but we can’t then moan afterwards.

"I don’t doubt some of you, maybe even all, will read this and think badly of me. Will think “who does he think he is” and “I hope he is not having a go at the fans”. I am not, I am basically stating right here right now, if you all want what I want, which is the club to rebuild, to become stronger, better and above all else succeed, then this has to be a joint effort. United we stand, divided we fall. If, as stated earlier this makes me Mr Unpopular, then broad shoulders, but I never took on the mammoth task, and yes, even bigger than I envisaged, to be Mr Popular. I did it to succeed and I intend on continuing my focus on doing so.

"Can I guarantee what tomorrow will bring, who can. Nothing is certain at any point or on any day, but in making this statement, I do so believing the entire content to be true."

RankPostsTeam
International Star4560
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Who would be a board member?

We all want the best for the club and the best thing for everyone is we stick together with all the ups and downs.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: Dbvada "Bradford plan to remain full-time
Bradford owner Marc Green says the club plans to remain as a full-time operation despite missing out on the Middle 8s.

Green published this statement on the Bulls website this eveningWho cares? Up The Fax. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1301
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71118_1386601324.jpg
In Grix, We Trust 'LET ONLY THOSE WHO ENTER DO SO WITH PRIDE AND A DETERMINATION TO UPHOLD THE FINE TRADITION OF THE CLUB' - THRUM HALL DRESSING ROOM PLAQUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71118.jpg

Iconic speech, ICONIC

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hudd-Shay "Who cares? Up The Fax.
I care for three reasons

- As a Fax fan it is always important to understand what our opponents are doing and what's going on in their camps.
- As we battle to improve our position in 2017 the confirmation of a team remaining full time impacts on that.
- It shows the pressure that a owner/BOD is under, but also - as a clear statement of the position - informs fans (even if they don't like the message). Our BOD's communication is woeful.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: Dbvada "I care for three reasons

- As a Fax fan it is always important to understand what our opponents are doing and what's going on in their camps.
- As we battle to improve our position in 2017 the confirmation of a team remaining full time impacts on that.
- It shows the pressure that a owner/BOD is under, but also - as a clear statement of the position - informs fans (even if they don't like the message). Our BOD's communication is woeful.'"

Enjoy!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

As things stand Bradford will not move upwards as they simply have neither the money or stature to attract better full time players that are needed to even get them close to getting out of this division. When you consider the Bulls problems and given how much they spent on their squad for such a failure, do people still think we should or even could have gone full time especially when you look at our crowds?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "As things stand Bradford will not move upwards as they simply have neither the money or stature to attract better full time players that are needed to even get them close to getting out of this division. When you consider the Bulls problems and given how much they spent on their squad for such a failure, do people still think we should or even could have gone full time especially when you look at our crowds?'"

Fair comment. It's very frustrating if you are ambitious. If you're happy with the status quo, hey ho! happy days. Sportsman shudds. Sadlers Citrus Tide 5.8% Mmm! icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Where does he mention they are facing a winding up petition for unpaid vat on Sept 5th.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach863
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18539.jpg
:18539.jpg

Gives me a new found respect for the BOD at Leigh & Derek Beaumont.

Not just talking the talk but walking the walk.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4560
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Binosh "Gives me a new found respect for the BOD at Leigh & Derek Beaumont.

Not just talking the talk but walking the walk.'"

You have my support for what it's worth.
I will be watching the Leigh games and hope you do well, if anyone can do it Leigh are the ones. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Binosh "Gives me a new found respect for the BOD at Leigh & Derek Beaumont.

Not just talking the talk but walking the walk.'"

Agree 100%

And in a way I, although I think he may be nuts, I also admire David Hughes at London, who in the last accounts (before this season) had loans outstanding of over £13.5million! (Lenagan was owed just over £2m still)! Certainly put his money out there.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: Dbvada "Agree 100%

And in a way I, although I think he may be nuts, I also admire David Hughes at London, who in the last accounts (before this season) had loans outstanding of over £13.5million! (Lenagan was owed just over £2m still)! Certainly put his money out there.'"

Yer BUT you have to ask 'what is the point'??? He will surely give up when they don't go up in the next couple of years which I don't think they will.
On Sunday the second best team from a city of 8 million brought 12 fans, not picking on them that came and yes London is 200 miles from Halifax but they never take fans away to anywhere and don't have many fans at home around 600 tops!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Confirmed that Bulls players & staff not been paid. Marc Green is larging it in Ibiza. But as he said last week, "it's business as usual".

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fax4Life "Yer BUT you have to ask 'what is the point'??? He will surely give up when they don't go up in the next couple of years which I don't think they will.
On Sunday the second best team from a city of 8 million brought 12 fans, not picking on them that came and yes London is 200 miles from Halifax but they never take fans away to anywhere and don't have many fans at home around 600 tops!'"

I take your point but if you had to travel 200 miles away every fortnight would /could you support Fax on a regular basis?

21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.19140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
17m
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
18m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
21m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
UllFC
40m
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
49m
Call for funds
Tony Fax
55m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Loiner at la
60m
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
Recent
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
43s
Ground Improvements
imwakefieldt
46s
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
1m
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
1m
Call for funds
Tony Fax
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
2m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
5m
Whitehaven Away
the fax in a
6m
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 1,725 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22