JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1013_1274975796.gif
Black [color=red:1mjyx80j]Red[/color:1mjyx80j] [color=blue:1mjyx80j]Blue[/color:1mjyx80j] [color=green:1mjyx80j]Green[/color:1mjyx80j]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1013.gif

After yesterday, Ive had a think and just wanted to share my opinions.

Reserves

When the Reserves were scrapped, wasn't it meant to be a temporary move, for a season, to save some money (£50k was the figure given IIRC) yet this season, we still arent running a reserve side. Teams like Oldham, Whitehaven, Dewsbury, Keighley, Sheffield and York, all manage to run a side so why are we not doing? It'd also give some cover for injuries. with some youngsters able to make the step up. as well as games to give players returning from injury some gametime.

Dual Registrations/Loans

Why have we not taken advantage of the Duel Reg scheme? Most of our nearest rivals in the league (Widnes, Leigh, Barrow) have done, and its proved a good way of getting some talented youngsters in. Same goes for Loans, in the past few years we've had some decent players on loan (Matt James, Craig Kopczak), There must have been players available at some point but we haven't brought any in. the current injury crisis has been going on for a while, cover could possibly have been brought in earlier.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27802.gif

Reserves: A farce that we havent got a reserve side, but then we have some top earning, high profile stars in first team squad. We don't have a money tree or a bottomless cash pit

Dual Reg: A disaster! Makes a side completely disjointed and makes it difficult to prepare - We're already underprepared a it is!!! All dual reg is put in the hard work so super league teams don't have to - another step towards championship clubs becoming SL feeder clubs. As a matter of principle I'm glad our club don't do this!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45840.jpg

I cant think of one thing we have got right!
The Squads too old
The Coach is poor
The results are poor
The crowds are leaving
The Directors are leaving
We dont have a Youth system
We dont have a second team
We dont have competition for places
We have been dumped out of 2 comps in bad circumstances
Were going to finish 4th at best, maybe lower with some tough fixtures on the way

Stop dreaming Mr Calland and Mr Steele, you might be kidding yourselves but you aint kidding me, were miles off being a decent championship club, we can categorically forget any higher ambitions until this is sorted.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach999No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10244_1287268271.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10244.jpg

Quote: justthebasicfax "I cant think of one thing we have got right!
The Squads too old
The Coach is poor
The results are poor
The crowds are leaving
The Directors are leaving
We dont have a Youth system
We dont have a second team
We dont have competition for places
We have been dumped out of 2 comps in bad circumstances
Were going to finish 4th at best, maybe lower with some tough fixtures on the way

Stop dreaming Mr Calland and Mr Steele, you might be kidding yourselves but you aint kidding me, were miles off being a decent championship club, we can categorically forget any higher ambitions until this is sorted.'"

u have just proved your a troll now, u should resign from this forum, on the stengh of that post alone, u are obviously not a fan!

RankPostsTeam
International Star53No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2010Sep 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jonnie.. "u have just proved your a troll now, u should resign from this forum, on the stengh of that post alone, u are obviously not a fan!'"

Just because you don't have the same opinion as one of your fellow fans doesn't mean he's wrong and you right!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach999No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10244_1287268271.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10244.jpg

Quote: Paul Gibbins "Just because you don't have the same opinion as one of your fellow fans doesn't mean he's wrong and you right!!!!'"

i could not agree more Paul, however some posters just seem to thrive in slagging every detial of their supposed clubs actions, they look for bad in good, they turn a defeat in to a catostropic event

if unchallaged in a contucive way, this message board will detiorate into a sham!

I have no issue commenting on a poor result yetsterday, we got beat, it was not good enough, however to then turn this in to a board, coach, players, second tream, are all bad debate get mygoat and i feel needs pointing out!

all too often in england, the vocal majority belive they are speaking for the slient majority!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jonnie.. "I have no issue commenting on a poor result yetsterday, we got beat, it was not good enough, however to then turn this in to a board, coach, players, second tream, are all bad debate get mygoat and i feel needs pointing out!'"

I too get called one of the "negative brigade" as I don't disagree too much with JTB on most of what he says and the above post. Many on here are blinkered but I am old enough and ugly enough to realise we can't all agree on something we are all equally passionate about (Halifax RLFC). However when my old man who has watched the club for over 50 years turns around and says enough is enough and several people on the way out after the game agreed with his rant I feel times of change are needed. Can you honestly say that Calland has improved things over the course of this season because I can't?

Yes we have won games (against some poor opposition mostly) but we have been a shadow of the team that I watched at the beginning of last season that imploded after the Cas game. Any teams that have a gameplan and stick to it beat Halifax, simple and Dewsbury did this and out enthused us. That is the most worrying aspect for me. I agree he doesn't coach a team to knock on, or throw forward passes but he should be coaching basic skills i.e catching a ball, apssing a ball, how to defend and we look totally rudderless and sometimes clueless and its starting to become painful to watch and at tiomes embarrassing. That for me is why I think a change is needed but I don't think we can afford to make swiping changes. Patience is running out amongst a lot of fans and people are already starting to voice opinions more fiercely and voting with there feet. I wish I had a magic wand but the only decision I can see that is a sensible action is get someone in who can coach us to do the basics and do them well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

i totally agree with chris smith.

During yesterdays game i had to endure a fool/idiot dewsbury fans laughing and cheering in my face as we continued to miss tackles and make mistakes. Making a poor side look good.
What could i say in response, nothing especially when worrincy covers is head under the high ball and cowers away. icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops:

I will still go and watch every game but it hurts at the moment

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9009No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3481.jpg
:3481.jpg

The dual reg system is a shambles IMO for championship clubs. How can you prepare a team through the week not knowing if the reg players will be called into their SL teams it just doesn't add up.

Then how does the players feel about the reg players coming in taking their spot on the team at the last minute?

I think the loan system is much better then at least you know that you will have that player for a certain amount of time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg

Quote: Jonnie.. "u have just proved your a troll now, u should resign from this forum, on the stengh of that post alone, u are obviously not a fan!'"

Get real, its because i care and spend thousands each year watching them and want to them to succeed that it frustrates me so. This is a forum, not lets agree with what Jonnie thinks a026.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

The dual regs system was created by the greedy SL clubs who have to have large squads but cannot accomodate all of their players. Reserve rugby is no good to those lads who get farmed out to championship sides from SL clubs, so that bring me round to why is SL reserves rugby so essential ?
In all honesty, out of our last lot of reserves, how many have gone on to be picked up by championship or championship 1 clubs, let alone go on and improve so dramatically that they get a SL club ?
C'mon, we were a decent reserve side at that time & yet none of those lads have kicked on and made some money out of the game, who's right & who's kidding themselves ?
Don't get too carried away by the emotion of losing another match that some of us on here consider we should have won yesterday, because if we were to believe all the tripe that some folks post on here about financial trouble etc etc, how would the club's position be enhanced by running a reserve side with it's running costs ? Surely that would make things even worse.

I've come to believe that some people who use this messageboard cannot accept defeat in any shape or form, crap refs, trouble in the camp, drinking culture, challenge cup mess up, is there anything we've missed out to blame for losing a game of rugby league ?
Get real folks, we are no longer the challenge cup winners, Regal trophy finalists, championship ( old style ) winners, we are a championship club that's still trying to recover from previous badly managed regimes.
I'm still appreciative that we have a team/club to support, that nearly wasn't the case not long ago.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: marillion man "The dual regs system was created by the greedy SL clubs who have to have large squads but cannot accomodate all of their players. Reserve rugby is no good to those lads who get farmed out to championship sides from SL clubs, so that bring me round to why is SL reserves rugby so essential ?
In all honesty, out of our last lot of reserves, how many have gone on to be picked up by championship or championship 1 clubs, let alone go on and improve so dramatically that they get a SL club ?
C'mon, we were a decent reserve side at that time & yet none of those lads have kicked on and made some money out of the game, who's right & who's kidding themselves ?
Don't get too carried away by the emotion of losing another match that some of us on here consider we should have won yesterday, because if we were to believe all the tripe that some folks post on here about financial trouble etc etc, how would the club's position be enhanced by running a reserve side with it's running costs ? Surely that would make things even worse.

I've come to believe that some people who use this messageboard cannot accept defeat in any shape or form, crap refs, trouble in the camp, drinking culture, challenge cup mess up, is there anything we've missed out to blame for losing a game of rugby league ?
Get real folks, we are no longer the challenge cup winners, Regal trophy finalists, championship ( old style ) winners, we are a championship club that's still trying to recover from previous badly managed regimes.
I'm still appreciative that we have a team/club to support, that nearly wasn't the case not long ago.'"

Got to admit - YOU ARE RIGHT.
Top post mate. eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thing is I don't think any of your post or sentiments are missed by any of us on here and I agree with what you have said Colin.

However we are told we are an ambitious club looking to attract new sponsorship, hell new supporters etc. It simply isn't purely down to being defeated its the manner of the defeats and the way the business side of the club has portrayed itself to the wider audience with some of the stuff that has happened this season. I beleive like many others the potential of our club is being stifled by not just a lack of finance but a coach who lacks "something" to take us to the next level and this is my gripe. We all want the same thing??

We can't keep being thankful and grateful for having a club each season we under perform just because we fail to deliver. Remember the club has always told us we had a 5 year plan (7 years ago). It communicated we were looking to make the next step and built up fans expectations and hopes off the back of these promises including this one. This season to now is such an anti-climax and to continue our development as a club on the field we need some fresh impetus I feel.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: chris_smith "Thing is I don't think any of your post or sentiments are missed by any of us on here and I agree with what you have said Colin.

However we are told we are an ambitious club looking to attract new sponsorship, hell new supporters etc. It simply isn't purely down to being defeated its the manner of the defeats and the way the business side of the club has portrayed itself to the wider audience with some of the stuff that has happened this season. I beleive like many others the potential of our club is being stifled by not just a lack of finance but a coach who lacks "something" to take us to the next level and this is my gripe. We all want the same thing??

We can't keep being thankful and grateful for having a club each season we under perform just because we fail to deliver. Remember the club has always told us we had a 5 year plan (7 years ago). It communicated we were looking to make the next step and built up fans expectations and hopes off the back of these promises including this one. This season to now is such an anti-climax and to continue our development as a club on the field we need some fresh impetus I feel.'"

Chris its called momentum and that what has made me so sad this season as we had a big wave of enthusiasm after the Cas cup game last season with a load of new fans too but it went as soon as it had come sadly.
Yer we got to the GF but we never felt like we could win it as we had lost that momentum and Barrow had gained it.
Its been down and down ever since sadly, only the win at home to Barrow and maybe the win at Leigh have been highlights really this season (Widnes away was 2 average teams really).
This has lost us those extra fans and we are back to near the hardcore 1800 at the moment (although our away support is still terrific imo).
This is why I look at the coaching set up and think - does this guy have any plan? Is he taking us forwards or backwards?
He has 'lost most of us speccies' in other words we are not in his fan club bar a few real diehard anything is okay with me as long as its HXRLFC people, so that does not lend the club to getting more of us to go watch the team but less.
Alienating your fans is not a good idea in my book and he is doing this in spades.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg

Theres an arrogance about several of his squad too, that they are bigger than the club, like they are doing us a favour playing for Fax, not enough of them have that hunger to achieve or push on to the next level, apathy im afraid, appears to be rife.

16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.43408203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
PopTart
8m
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
10m
Who do we want in the play-offs
Barstool Pre
18m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
Broadacres
22m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
24m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
24m
Film game
Wanderer
28m
Merger with Huddersfield
MP
30m
Finn out Murrell in
MP
37m
Planning for next season
mwindass
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
30s
Accounts
faxcar
32s
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
33s
Broadacres
36s
Finn out Murrell in
MP
42s
Dons v Widnes - Sunday 15 September 2024
Kick and cha
45s
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
50s
This weeks disciplinary
karetaker
52s
Planning for next season
mwindass
1m
Batley H
Bullseye
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Finn out Murrell in
MP
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
PopTart
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Hasbag
TODAY
Realistic targets for 2025
CarlB
TODAY
Broadacres
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside York Knights Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Old FC when we knew how to play rugby
mk_fc
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Home
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Dons v Widnes - Sunday 15 September 2024
Kick and cha
TODAY
Catalans Keep Season Alive With Victory Over The Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
A new low
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And Send Hull FC Bottom
RLFANS News
TODAY
Points difference
orangeman
TODAY
Toulouse away
faxcar
TODAY
Todays game v Giants
Barbed Wire
TODAY
Staying or Not
Les Norton
TODAY
Salford H Moved to Thursday
NickyKiss
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,281 80,11914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Thu 19th Sep
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
20:00
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Salford
 Fri 20th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 Sat 21st Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 19th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Salford
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
SL 26 St.Helens40-4Castleford
SL 26 Wigan38-0Leeds
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 26 657 336 321 42
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 26 550 483 67 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 26 434 648 -214 18
Castleford 26 415 701 -286 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20