Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50493_1272707853.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50493.jpg

Quote: pinballwizzard "After what's gone on, I'm turning my back on all rfl apart from fax. I go to wembley, the grand final, all internationals. After idiot abbots statement, I was considering my support of fax. That game reminded me why I support fax, and always will. We are a unique club, and will NEVER be defeated.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

agreed

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: pinballwizzard "After what's gone on, I'm turning my back on all rfl apart from fax. I go to wembley, the grand final, all internationals. After idiot abbots statement, I was considering my support of fax. That game reminded me why I support fax, and always will. We are a unique club, and will NEVER be defeated.'"

I have turned my back on RL as apart from Wembley and the CC Final which I go to purely becuase its a lads trip and I am on a run over 30 years now which I don't want to break. I will not go to any other game just Fax games now, they are saying we are not worthy so fair enough lets not go to any SL or SL players matches like the internationals.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

Quote: mickyteky "Has there ever been a more pointless match between Widnes and Halifax?'"

Do you still stand by this statement ?
As I said to our friend Tortured soul on the way into the ground "do you think the players would rather have winning or losing money ? "
Pride in a performance, which yet again we got last night should be just about everything we can ask for out of our team.
I for one am very proud of the lads for last night's win.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: mickyteky "With disgraceful Mr Fax Blog last week (you fans aren't intelligent enough to be told whats going on.) and now this statement from the BoD, I have decided not to renew my season ticket. Its a personal choice, I don't want to give them any of my hard earned money at the moment.'"

Everyone should still buy their season ticket and support their Club however hurtful the comments are.
I am always extremely proud of all our fans and think we have some of the most supportive in any league something that has been reinforced by how little time it took to raise £25,000 for the Club recently. I can understand how any fan would feel reading that statement (I was upset myself )which in turn led to the immotive Courier online headline which I read this morning "HALIFAX FANS URGED TO KEEP THEIR COOL DURING THE MATCH". Actually naming the Supporters Trust in a press release and making statments forewarning supporters not to act irresponsibly, when nothing could be further from the truth.
"Unhelpful" also is not a word I would atribute to Fax fans as I have had nothing but help over the last 6 months whilst raising the amount for the Under 23s and although I am disapointed with the press release and the undermining of the Supporters Trust within it I do understand why it was made.
At the match last night there were many Widnes fans stopped and had a word and some even bought Tshirts , they all said they were going to protest 3yrs ago with banners etc but they were told not to as the RFL put pressure on their Club so did the same happen to us?
Someone once said "a weeks a long time in politics " and so too with rugby league a few more wins and a trip to the Grand Final and what`s happened this week thankfully by most will have been forgoten. I have had many people ring , e-mail and speak to me saying they will walk away ,well why should we be made to feel like walking away from our Club. The most important thing we can all do is to try to raise attendances next year that way the Club can be stronger , it has to be a struggle balancing the budget. Also try to work with other Championship sides so we all get a fairer deal from the RFL.
Also well done last night to the Barmy Army who once again spurred their team on ,Widnes not only got beat on the park but off it as well.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: mickyteky "Has there ever been a more pointless match between Widnes and Halifax?'"

Stop bleating ffs.

There were twenty-odd pointless matches in 2003. I attended all but two of those matches. Funnily enough we were in Super League. You're obviously feeling tortured at the moment - but tortured because of the RFL not Halifax RLFC. Remember why you turn up for matches? To watch Rugby League. Wind your neck in. You either like watching the game or you don't. If you let what happens off the pitch affect your attendance then you're just as bad as those who are ruining our game. If you think the people running the club have acted appallingly then put your keyboard away and come down to the Shay and do a better job. If not, shut up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1723No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45564.jpg
:45564.jpg

I have read many comments on here and im totally dismayed by the criticism being hurled at the BOD following the released statement. What the hell do you expect them to do? Michael Steele has admirably and quite rightly let the RFL know that we are not happy about their decision not to award us a licence but spitting our dummy out following feedback from the RFL wont do us any good.

We have no idea what has been said, promised or even threatened. All we know is that the Directors have released a statement stating that basically they can see the merits of how the RFL came to their decision. OK! We all probably know its a load of RFL clap trap but do you really think these guys dont know what they are doing? They are breaking their backsides trying to take our great club forward and if they have to play the RFL game then so be it. Im all for P and R personally and i back much of what the "spirit of 1895" is trying to achieve but for people to hastily call directors "idiots" as well as stating that season ticket might not be renewed does nothing but hurt all of us as supporters of the club.

We need to stick together and build for the future....buy your season ticket, buy any new shirt we may have for next season, sponsor the club in any small way if you can (buying programmes, dining, merchandise etc), this will all help the new coach when he arrives to bring new blood to our club. Bloody hell there are exciting times ahead if we just stick together.

The people involved at the club, be they directors, staff, players, volunteers etc need all our support and more. Lets keep a united front and show the powers that be that there will always be a Halifax RLFC and no matter what they throw at us we wont go away until we are back in SL. Its also up to all of us to take a step back and think about the comments that we record on here in anger as some of them are unnecessary, counter productive and totally uncalled for IMO. Come on boys and girls, we need each other and the club needs us too.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach32No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: littlerich "Stop bleating ffs.

There were twenty-odd pointless matches in 2003. I attended all but two of those matches. Funnily enough we were in Super League. You're obviously feeling tortured at the moment - but tortured because of the RFL not Halifax RLFC. Remember why you turn up for matches? To watch Rugby League. Wind your neck in. You either like watching the game or you don't. If you let what happens off the pitch affect your attendance then you're just as bad as those who are ruining our game. If you think the people running the club have acted appallingly then put your keyboard away and come down to the Shay and do a better job. If not, shut up.'"

That was my 2nd post in a month, sorry for going on so.

I well remember the 2003 season, I remember there was a feeling that we were in it together - board, fans, club and players, that's gone. How can we demand openness from the RFL if our board won't tell us what happened?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach32No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: marillion man "Do you still stand by this statement ?
As I said to our friend Tortured soul on the way into the ground "do you think the players would rather have winning or losing money ? "
Pride in a performance, which yet again we got last night should be just about everything we can ask for out of our team.
I for one am very proud of the lads for last night's win.'"

I must admit I'm wavering.

I don't want anyone else to do it, it's not a campaign or anything but I want to show my dissappointment in the board. They want us to trust them, but they don't trust us. Not a good attitude to have when seeking a thousand or so new fans

RankPostsTeam
International Star174No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

My own view of the clubs statement is that somnetimes you have to take a long term view for the benefit of the club rather than a knee jerk statement. Sometimes there is not much point firing the bullet if you are not going to win the battle.

I think we all owe a debt to the likes of Michael Steele who for the love of the club with has all its ups and downs put a tremendous amount of effort to leading Halifax. It cant have been a comfortable last month for him . He is not necessarily a charsmatic leader who wants to be at the of the headlines (Barrow) but someone who trys to have the club run in a bona fide manner true to the principles of rugby leage but more so probably to his own principles.

Unfortunately principles and bona fide, dont seem to light up the lights of the people currently making a complete shambles of the rugby league strategy. Because everyone is struggling to see what part of their strategy is working from expansion to running clubs on a sound business footing. As for the wage earned by Wood just how anyone could justify his wage is boardering on incredulity.Try compare it with the Chief Constable of West Yorkshire running a 10,000 staff organisation and sorry but Woods post ought to be on about 80K max. Better still a replacement for him is found who can devise and actually implement a 5 year gameplan to promote rugby league.

I think the only way to beat the RL is to create such a successful, well run Halifax club that long term we hold the moral high ground. What we dont do is sink to the RFL levels jumping from failure to failure in search of a rainbow in London, Tolouse or Cardiff or a money man .
Money men are fine if (and a big if) you get the right one. Get the wrong one and its boom and bust.

In the meantime I'd rather stick with Michael Steele and his team. Well done to them, no more talk of not buying season tickets etc, support your team as much as you can and up the Fax!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9009No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3481.jpg
:3481.jpg

I have 1 view on the clubs statement. If you think the club wanted that statement to be made you are an idiot.

End of thread.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: urbancarrot "I have 1 view on the clubs statement. If you think the club wanted that statement to be made you are an idiot.

End of thread.'"

a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46422_1350152676.jpg
Watch out the Fax are coming:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46422.jpg

Quote: urbancarrot "I have 1 view on the clubs statement. If you think the club wanted that statement to be made you are an idiot.

End of thread.'"

Ditto

RankPostsTeam
International Star2016No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52085_1326377315.jpg
[img:2z3zihp3]http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/theboyupstairs/crossfit_logo3.gif[/img:2z3zihp3] [quote="Saddened!":2z3zihp3]You seem suicidal because McNamara hasn't picked your precious Mickey Mac, who's better than Roby, and Darryl 'Meninga' Goulding who makes Jamie Lyon look like an amateur. [/quote:2z3zihp3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52085.jpg

Quote: johnny freeman fan club "Crusaders were put in instead of you, are you saying that you would not have fared better than Crusaders , who went bust , didn`t pay players , moved nearer to the heartlands when they got in as an expansion club , employed illegal players against the law of the land and that is just what we know about.All under the watchful eye of the RFL the expansion policy is another thing we are challenging , they have made a total cock up of it.'"

im not saying anything on that subject. thats not what i was responding too. I was responding to the inference that we only got in because our chairman licked RFL for 3 years. we got in because our application was good enough.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: vikingsmurf "im not saying anything on that subject. thats not what i was responding too. I was responding to the inference that we only got in because our chairman licked RFL booty for 3 years. we got in because our application was good enough.'"

I didn`t infer that in fact quite the opposite what I am infering, is your aplication was more than likely better than Crusaders 3yrs ago and you were kept out when you would have done a good deal better than them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2016No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52085_1326377315.jpg
[img:2z3zihp3]http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/theboyupstairs/crossfit_logo3.gif[/img:2z3zihp3] [quote="Saddened!":2z3zihp3]You seem suicidal because McNamara hasn't picked your precious Mickey Mac, who's better than Roby, and Darryl 'Meninga' Goulding who makes Jamie Lyon look like an amateur. [/quote:2z3zihp3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52085.jpg

Quote: johnny freeman fan club "I didn`t infer that in fact quite the opposite what I am infering, is your aplication was more than likely better than Crusaders 3yrs ago and you were kept out when you would have done a good deal better than them.'"

not really sure what conversation your having my friend. my original post (to which you then responded) was itself a response to a post from another person that had nothing directly to do with your points. are you mistaking me for somebody else?

92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.15869140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
ComeOnYouUll
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM