JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: freddies wig "Oh poop'"

Could you expand upon your post Freddie ? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2143
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4583-27sowhat-msnicons.gif
Hope without planning is about as futile as waiting for a harvest without planting ------------------------------------- THE FIRST THING TO MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE,IS TO WAKE UP:icons3ae4_files/4583-27sowhat-msnicons.gif

Quote: Starbug "Could you expand upon your post Freddie ?

Eh??

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27802.gif

Sure Mr Bug.

A pretty nebulous statement that can be seen from many angles.

Could be seen as a bit of a kick in the teeth to the fax fans from their very own BOD

Could be seen as the Halifax club bending over and taking a big one from the RFL - "play the game if you want to be in"

Could be interpreted as the BOD saying, best just to shut up and fade away cos our licence application really was crap - if so, be honest, meet with us, let us know how we can improve.

It either makes my great club look like a bitter organisation or meak organisation cowtowing to the RFL or it makes the RFL look like all controlling power mad freaks!

Hope that helps Mr Bug - by the way, love the things you say, especially over on the VT with Smokey, we couldn't want someone better to support us. Our two great clubs need to combine and push the championships cause!

Love in over

Freddie

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Wally.gif
:fonds transparents/Wally.gif

Having just read that statement just goes to illustrate why the protest is needed. The club has been gagged and the governing body are not listening to their 'customers' - us the paying supporters. The 'customers' only voice now is to vote with their feet and turn away from the sport. This is becoming clear with dwindling crowds and more talk and chatter around the game than the game. As long as the RFL govern the lower leagues in this manner, crowds will fall further and we will end up with crowds like championship 1 with the game slowly dying.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Now I've looked what ' nebulous ' means I see what you mean , pretty much my opinion as well , the clubs have to do what they do , wether we think it is right , correct , honest or fair is irrelevant , all we can do is continue to support them in the future , they will do good things and similarly make mistakes as well , they are human , just like us

Should what they do affect how we feel or what we do ?

No

All the best , keep making me laugh , your one liners are excellent , always straight to the point

Love in over now icon_wink.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif

Cheers Starry!

Power to the people!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: freddies wig "Cheers Starry!

Power to the people!'"

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif

For what its worth, starbug, I think its a statement designed to avert attention from both the club and the RFL, for whatever reason, as the club seem reluctant to release a joint statement. A statement designed to take the sting out of a potentially embarassing situation for everyone.

I think its backfired

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach418No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Donkey.gif
I'm not gonna make an ass of myself on here today.:fonds transparents/Donkey.gif

It's obviously a difficult situation for the club and Linda's comment of stuck between a rock and a hard place probably sums it up.

We all love the club and everyone involved with the running of it are all fans. Obviously nobody wants to damage long term relations with the governing body and that is very important.

I admire the fans for making a stance, I really do. I have been tempted to put a few things on to vent my disappoint but held back because I think it's for the best from my point of view & position in the club.

One of the reasons I have posted is that I want you fans to know that the club really appreciates your support and the fantastic things you've done in raising funds this year.

In the words of Bryan Ferry - Let's stick together.

And nobody will know if i'm wearing my 'Spirit of 1895' top underneath my Matalan shirt tomorrow if I get on sky! icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: Zaphod_B "Having just read that statement just goes to illustrate why the protest is needed. The club has been gagged and the governing body are not listening to their 'customers' - us the paying supporters. The 'customers' only voice now is to vote with their feet and turn away from the sport. This is becoming clear with dwindling crowds and more talk and chatter around the game than the game. As long as the RFL govern the lower leagues in this manner, crowds will fall further and we will end up with crowds like championship 1 with the game slowly dying.'"

Spot on -
I understand why the Board have done this, they have been ordered to do so by the RFL and are powerless as the RFL will 'get us back' if they carry on with their protestations.
But I am not being gagged as we the fans of the clubs below SL are the only people the RFL cannot control as this is England and a free country. We must do the protest otherwise the RFL have won and Fat Controller will be laughing his head off.
Lets do it, sorry Tony but this is not you the club its us the fans doing it so don't worry.
If we just cave in then that to me will prove just how much power the RFL have, they are a mafia.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

If I can just squeeze myself in between Starbug and Freddies wig little love in that`s going on icon_heartkiss.gif and just say the statement (apart from one sentance) was what I expected to be honest but it`s not just about issues at Fax , other Clubs are also looking at starting their own little groups so I`m supposed to run around like Sgt Pyke from Dads Army because he thinks the Germans are coming.No way.
I could not believe it last night when I watched Toy Story 3 with my grandaughter it was a direct anolagy to the RFL and the Champ Clubs An evil big Teddy with his henchman Baby all the toys wanting to get into the nice room of Sunnyside Nursery but instead are put in the room where everyone treats them badly. But as it`s a Fairy Story the toys all fought back and won the day. But this is not a Fairy Story but I`m not prepared to let the RFL tell me I cannot wear a T shirt.
Oh and Pete I admire you greatly how you keep quiet when the RFL provide you with such funny material which you could use if you chose shows resiliance of the highest order.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Big let down by the BOD and feel very disappointed by the Statement. First of all a complete failure to understand the anger of the fans and the failure of why the Spirit of 1895 Group has been formed. Secondly I feel the BOD have shot themselves in the foot by having a go at things and then a complete turn around. Cant say I am impressed with that at all. Thirdly there is nothing about which areas we have failed on and how we are going to improve on them. What exactly have we failed and how can the fans as well as the BOD improve things?

Frankly I feel let down by the club to a certain degree despite the hard work they do. Theres nothing in that statement that I can take as a positive and just comes across as a Propaganda exercise from The RFL. Just another nail in the coffin for me in following Pro RL. I dont get to see Fax that often but I feel why waste money on watching a game where the away team bring no fans and no matter what Fax do we will be staying in the Championship. This rate I will just be watching the NRL and amateur Rugby League as the future outside of SL is doomed and I refuse to watch any SL or Support the RFL events whilst things are the way they are.

Its OK trying to be diplomatic but also theres a time to stand up. I would hope Fax be at the forefront of getting the clubs to force changes at the RFL. Others are not happy like Gary Hetherington. Stand up for the game not just accept the Bullcrap from the 3 Monkeys. I hope Fax and other member clubs force Wood, Rimmer and Lewis to be made answerable on the poor running of Rugby League. They voted these pillocks in and they need to get answers as to why the game is on its knees below SL and why the RFL have made such a mess of Crusaders and let down players and Officials etc.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9487
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

I dont get it. Am i been thick or something because if the process is fair and transparent like the BOD says then how can this protest possibly harm the clubs chances? Just like it is not based on the onfield performances it also isnt based on whether your fans like the sports governing body or not.

So all this fighting talk from the club has come to nothing and now they accept that even though they believed otherwise at the time, that our application was the worst of the lot? What changed their mind? Why did our bid fail, i guess everyone wants transparency but the club arnt about to grant that priveledge to its own fans. The fans want to know the actual areas that let the clubs bid down.

I think the protests should carry on regardless, its not like we have a relistic chance of getting in SL in 3 years time if the current board are in charge.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: The Lucky Black Cat "Big let down by the BOD and feel very disappointed by the Statement. First of all a complete failure to understand the anger of the fans and the failure of why the Spirit of 1895 Group has been formed. Secondly I feel the BOD have shot themselves in the foot by having a go at things and then a complete turn around. Cant say I am impressed with that at all. Thirdly there is nothing about which areas we have failed on and how we are going to improve on them. What exactly have we failed and how can the fans as well as the BOD improve things?

Frankly I feel let down by the club to a certain degree despite the hard work they do. Theres nothing in that statement that I can take as a positive and just comes across as a Propaganda exercise from The RFL. Just another nail in the coffin for me in following Pro RL. I dont get to see Fax that often but I feel why waste money on watching a game where the away team bring no fans and no matter what Fax do we will be staying in the Championship. This rate I will just be watching the NRL and amateur Rugby League as the future outside of SL is doomed and I refuse to watch any SL or Support the RFL events whilst things are the way they are.

Its OK trying to be diplomatic but also theres a time to stand up. I would hope Fax be at the forefront of getting the clubs to force changes at the RFL. Others are not happy like Gary Hetherington. Stand up for the game not just accept the Bullcrap from the 3 Monkeys. I hope Fax and other member clubs force Wood, Rimmer and Lewis to be made answerable on the poor running of Rugby League. They voted these pillocks in and they need to get answers as to why the game is on its knees below SL and why the RFL have made such a mess of Crusaders and let down players and Officials etc.'"

I wish you`d move back here , we could do with a few more like you .Your standing up for what`s right must have come from where you played your rugby.
How did the song go "Greetland are coming up the hill boys ,Greetland are coming up the hill. Finish it for It`s been a long time I `ve forgoten the words.
Oh by the way Gary Etherington called them impotent , well let`s see how impotent they are with Gary.
Do you think they will make him write a retraction to say he did not mean it and from now on he will be a good boy?
Or do you think they will dare not to have a go at him `cos they can`t get away with pushing him around?
Or do you think they have had a go but he will just totally ignore them ?
Answers on a postcard please.

92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2138671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC