FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > West Wales Raiders > So here, ladies and gents is your "INDEPENDENT" new club
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach659No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#FF4000]Gone![/color]:

INDEPENDENT New Club eh?
Quoted from Sporting LifeThe Super League club will have access to players from new Championship One outfit South Wales, which will act as a feeder club but also have Super League aspirations of their own.

Crusaders chief executive Mike Turner, who is to remain with the club in their new home, said

-----------------------------------

There you have it. From the lying scummy horse's mouth. Neath South Wales RLFC are a feeder club for the Wrexham Crusaders.

Soul searching time?

Now I know most of you guys who have accepted NSWRLFC to be decent guys who have, like me, been suddenly and cruelly deprived of OUR team. You've made your choices, I've made mine. Good luck with yours.

But just be careful. Your new club was born out of a lie and has ALREADY begun lying about being a feeder club to liars. A club built entirely on lies really doesn't really give itself a sound foundation (and believe me, I KNOW about foundations). And if the foundation ain't right....

Perhaps the new bosses can be talked into cutting ties with the Wrexham Gyppoes ( IF the RFL will allow it - and if my multiple insiders' info is correct, they definitely wouldn't ).

I've already heard that a sizeable number of the betrayed reserve and academy players have decided to return to union.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44609_1281983676.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44609.jpg

There you go then, best of luck in what you do from now on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach317No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2010Aug 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25478_1270121970.jpg
[url=http://www.rugbyleaguesuperblog.blogspot.com/:165sjuxv][img:165sjuxv]http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo116/League12345/blogbanner4.jpg[/img:165sjuxv][/url:165sjuxv] Permission granted by Rlfans admin to post this link 26/11/08:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25478.jpg

To be fair to Nobby in this instance he probably has little choice (although he is a sucker for the overseas players). Any recruitment campaign has been thoroughly ballsed up by the fact that there was clearly uncertainty as to whether the club would survive.

Had Wrexham been confirmed earlier, he might have had a chance with some domestic players who wouldn't mind Wrexham but wouldn't want to shift to South Wales.

He could for instance have looked at Paul Johnson, or Paul King perhaps. Earlier still and he may well have had a pop for Stuart Reardon. All three have featured for Nobby in one way or another (I believe King was in a tri-nations squad (2004?)- or at least meant to be but was injured - I can't recall him actually playing for Nobby- perhaps others might enlighten). Granted he signed Lee, but I'm not sure that Tommy would have had more than one other offer if that.

Anyway, he has got some opportunity now to entice unsettled / unwanted doemstic talent. If I were him I might see whether Wire were interested in Jon Clarke - even for a season. With three hookers and options at 13, Clarke is perhaps too good a player to be out of a 17 if Mons and Higham are ahead of him (assuming they were). An easy move for Clarke without having to up sticks, so could be worth a pop.

Will be interesting to see if the Sun's report about Willie Mason is true- although I'm not sure he would come. Still, if he did, he'd make a splash, though perhaps in more ways than one. He'll have to be careful on the visa front though, its all a little close to that start of the season to be putting applications through the slow turning wheels of the high commissions now.

Nobby is possible the only coach to have in the current situation. He has a habit of starting badly and bringing teams up to speed as the season goes on, which he'll surely have to with soo little pre-season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach37No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

SOUTH WALES SCORPIONS - CELTIC CRUSADERS:

Quote: Grendel "

There you have it. From the lying scummy horse's mouth. Neath South Wales RLFC are a feeder club for the Wrexham Crusaders.

'"

Grendel, I am truly no fan of MT, but surely all Championship teams are feeder clubs for Super league.

If a player shows promise he his snapped up by SL. If a Championship side make it to Sl do they not acquire SL players?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach659No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Tondu Road "Grendel, I am truly no fan of MT, but surely all Championship teams are feeder clubs for Super league.

If a player shows promise he his snapped up by SL. If a Championship side make it to Sl do they not acquire SL players?'"

Oh you're absolutely right. The concept of feeder teams is fine. Players move up and down leagues as their talent dictates and long may this be so.

The problem many of us have (and it IS many of us, even if lots of the others have simply stopped supporting RL and posting on RL messageboards) is being OFFICIALLY linked to the clueless / largely supporterless Wrexham Crusaders.

We didn't want a new club with official links to the goon Turner's 9yppo outfit.

As predicted the WRL / RFL ignored that, as Welsh Rugby governing bodies have done since time immemorial. So this is what we have. The decision required is clear (although I may rethink mine).

For what It's worth, the new owner, Phil Davies has addressed a few posts to me on this matter (on Terrace-culture's South Wales RLFC nee Crusader XIII messageboards) and he has been open and honest about the situation.

That threw me a bit. I was not expecting honesty and openness in ANYTHING to do with Welsh rugby. It's kinda hard to be against something when you are treated with honesty and respect. Shame the Crusaders management never thought to try that.

I am just concerned now, that when the Wrexham Crusaders fold (as I am sure they will - within a single season) that they might scupper the Neath team too, because of the links insisted upon by the RFL / WRL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3956No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18447_1354887369.jpg
[color=#0000BF:295xr8pc]FLEETMASTER STAND THE HOME OF THE NORTHSTANDERS[/color:295xr8pc] "Quote" But perhaps most impressive is another bumper Wildcats home crowd – 9,237 for a Saturday TV game in the cold and wet is a fine effort from one of Super League’s most progressive clubs "Gareth Walker the Mirror" BORN CASTLEFORD BRED NORMANTON LIVE OUTWOOD WAKEFIELD BORN AND BRED MADE UP OF WF10/WF6/WF1, WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18447.jpg

Grendel, it is time for a new begining, I think it is a ideal opportunity for south wales, to grow and go it alone, yes you maybe a feeder club, even the wildcats feed players to Leeds etc..., all I can say is, set up the club, get people backing South Wales, players will come, Welsh players that want to play for a welsh team, and you will climb the leagues, I wish you luck, and hope the club is successful, I will be keeping a eye on the scores....

C'mon you South Waleeesss...!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach37No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Grendel "

I am just concerned now, that when the Wrexham Crusaders fold (as I am sure they will - within a single season) that they might scupper the Neath team too, because of the links insisted upon by the RFL / WRL.'"

Wrexham Crusaders will fold for Widnes. I just hope further down the line South Wales will be in as the only Welsh team coming from true expansion and full of Welsh boys.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2012Jan 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie Bear.gif

All this stuff about feeder clubs and dual registrations annoys the hell out of me. I supposrt a championship club (Cougars) and most of us here dont want any SL ringers in our team, we want genuine Keighley players, who want to play for Keighley. Fair enough if they're good enough to play for a SL club and leave, good luck to them: but we don't want SL players who can't quite make it inot their own team just using us as a match training exercise, with no interest in our club, supporters or anything else. We are Keighley, not Leeds/Bradford reserves, and we'll stand or fall on our own merit, ta very much!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach659No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Since this has found its way back to the top and peolpe don't usually check dates of postinhs, I'd like to reiterate that my position regarding Wrexham Crusaders has mellowed a little (though JUST a little).

My opinion of what we should be though, is the same as Mick W's opinion of his team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach752No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44411_1300461926.png
Iolo wrote. You must be confusing me with jannerboyuk, [...] he is also crucrusaders and I strongly suspect he is traffic as well. Iolo. My mum is dead actually Thanks for that Scooter Nik. Yeah right. Of course she is, probably turned up her toes in disgust at having spawned a prat like you:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44411.png

I was rather disturbed to see MT on the touch line on Sunday

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach659No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Oh sweet mercy he wasn't was he? (I didn't go in the end).
Ah well, it's a fait accompli now. We'll just have to hope he doesn't plan to screw us over again between now and when we earn promotion (when it's Phil's stated aim that we go fully independent).
Who knows? Maybe Turnip actually feels a little guilt about betraying us and wants to help us get a properly funded and managed league side.
Nah I don't believe it either, but what other choice do we have?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach752No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44411_1300461926.png
Iolo wrote. You must be confusing me with jannerboyuk, [...] he is also crucrusaders and I strongly suspect he is traffic as well. Iolo. My mum is dead actually Thanks for that Scooter Nik. Yeah right. Of course she is, probably turned up her toes in disgust at having spawned a prat like you:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44411.png

he was on the touchline at the end when the interviews were going on probably keeping an eye on the loan boys. must admit thought seeing him stood there made me feel like i'd been told i got aids.

i thought you'd gone as i saw mini me and assumed you'd be with him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2010Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Making history - not living in it! 'YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING LIKE THE DAMIEN QUINN':

Quote: chubbs1981 "I was rather disturbed to see MT on the touch line on Sunday'"

a026.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach37No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: chubbs1981 "I was rather disturbed to see MT on the touch line on Sunday'"

icon_beat.gif

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.48828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m