JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris28 "Part of the problem, as I said earlier is, like a lot of issues, lack of understanding.

Too many people rail against it but don't realise, for example, that Kylie Minogue is an immigrant. When film companies make films at Pinewood etc starring, for example, Tom Cruise, he then becomes an immigrant, if we're going to be technical. Should we send Kylie back to Oz? Or tell Tom to take his film making money elsewhere? Should Liverpool be forced to sack Luis Suarez?

The people that blindly rant about, effectively, "darkies", "coming over here" appear (without any irony) to have no problem with us going elsewhere as Minty says. The recent map doing the rounds on Twitter showing the number of UK citizens in other EU countries was a good example of this lack of understanding, and god knows how many Brits live in Aus or the USA for example. But if they want to come here, its the end of the world.

And don't get me started on the number of people who read a tabloid and can spot an illegal immigrant, but would prefer not to tell the authorities.

We need a proper debate, ignoring showboating like the shower that were on the other night. How you have that and get people to pay attention is the next challenge'"

I think that there is a difference between skilled immigration and unskilled immigration.

Skilled immigration brings much-needed skills to this country that enrich our nation and make our economy more competitive. Outside of the leadership of the BNP, I don't think there are many people that want to stop doctors, engineers, lawyers, accountants, scientists, American film stars, Russian billionaires, Australian pop singers, Chinese businessmen or Middle Eastern oil tycoons from moving into Britain. Even on the terraces of Chelsea football club I have not heard so called racist football hooligans demanding that Abramovich or Eto'o be deported.

Unskilled immigration provides very little benefit to the nation. It merely serves to expand the labour pool with people who come from countries with such low wages that they are happy to work with anything. The large supply of non-unionised labour simply serves to depress wages, hence why big business loves immigration so much. Young Brits, already lacking a work ethic due to the societal stigmatisation of non-academic jobs and the pernicious influence of the welfare state and the reality TV celebrity culture, therefore are even less inclined to take such jobs. When the head of Marks & Spencer or Dominos pizza comes out and says that the economy cannot survive without mass immigration, what they really mean is that they will have slightly less profits and therefore the directors will have to suffer a slight reduction in their bonuses.

In addition the mass unskilled immigration puts an enormous burden on public services. Schools, roads and hospitals are pushed to breaking point by the rapid influx of such large numbers. Its easy to belittle concerns over such immigration as being "ignorance" or "lack of understanding" for the trendy wealthy white elite that live in racially segregated areas such as Mayfair or Kensington and whose only experiences of immigration are a night out at an Indian restaurant and being able to employ a cheap Polish cleaner. Perhaps if they lived in areas where a foreign language is more widely used than English, or where they couldn't get a council house because of over-demand or where they couldn't get a job because they were all advertised in Lithuanian/Polish, or where they couldn't get their child into the local comprehensive school because it was oversubscribed.

I am not particularly concerned either way on mass immigration. I am not neither for or against it. It brings positives and negatives. Ultimately any threat that mass immigration poses to our culture or way of life is a result of our own abandonment of traditional British values and our embrace of moral relativism. However whilst skilled immigration benefits all and is therefore subject to very little public opposition, unskilled immigration harms those at the bottom of our society whilst benefiting those at the top. It is for this reason that it is so popular, not due to racism or hatred of 'darkies' (as far as I am aware the main focus of anti-immigration feeling at the moment is towards Eastern Europeans whose skin colour is no darker than our own).

DHM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "Love the comments, read them and understand instantly why The Mail continues to pander to its own very special audience.'"

Only tried to use one once in China. The results even made me laugh. Thankfully my foot went in the hole before I had begun my business.
Frankly the state of the seats on most UK public traps I have used actually makes the idea of a squat toilet appealing.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "The "non-skilled" argument is misleading and is often confused with "poor grasp of the English language", they can't speak very good English so they must be thick.

I've written before about this but I'll give you two examples of my own experiences when working within two different client businesses...

1. Was in an agency when two people came to the reception desk, male and female partners, the male explained that they had literally got the bus straight from Hull to the agency to start the job that they had arranged via the phone from their home (I think they came from Poland), the male was offered a job in a factory as a picker, the female could speak very little English and was told she'd be working "in the fields" tomorrow. they both accepted these minimum wage jobs but the male then pointed out to the interviewer that his partner had a degree in engineering and was taking extra tuition to improve her English - a not uncommon experience according to the person in the agency that I was meeting with, she wasn't unskliied or thick, she just didn't have a working grasp of English - YET.

2. The next day I was at the client site where the woman had been offered the job "in the fields" and in the office that I was sat in was a young man in his late twenties speaking on the phone in an Eastern European language and making copious notes. The Lithuanian girl who I was training eventually explained that he was one of their veg prep guys, spent all day long picking out mis-shaped carrots from conveyor belts so that the supermarkets didn't reject them - they'd had an approach from a Russian business who wanted to deal with them and had asked around the workforce for anyone with good Russian skills, he stepped forward, was Polish but spoke excellent Russian as he'd studied it at University, later they found that he also had an engineering degree, he is now on their maintenance crew, he too wasn't thick or unskilled, just placed in a low skilled job by the agency.'"

A very close and dear friend of mine is Lithuanian. She came to this country 7 years ago with the intention of "working a few months and then going home with some money in my pocket". Her first job was picking strawberries and at the end of her first (72 hour) week, was given £55 for all her efforts. As the strawberry season wound down, she took a job order-picking in a warehouse, followed by any number of other mundane jobs. Somewhere along the way, she discovered an aptitude for writing code, now works for an IT solutions company, where she is considered their Java guru and is close to being awarded a BSc from the OU.

She now has absolutely no intention of returning to "her country" (she never calls it "home"icon_wink.gif, other than for a short break. From arriving here with no worthwhile qualifications, she is contributing to the economy and society in general but there are many who would have been happy to deny her entry and lose a valuable resource.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member47951No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1977_1349889235.jpg
"You are working for Satan." [i:2886spie]Kirkstaller[/i:2886spie] "Dare to know!" [i:2886spie]Immanuel Kant[/i:2886spie] "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" [i:2886spie]Elbert Hubbard[/i:2886spie] "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." [i:2886spie]Oscar Wilde[/i:2886spie] [url=http://thevoluptuousmanifesto.blogspot.co.uk:2886spie][color=#4000FF:2886spie]The Voluptuous Manifesto[/color:2886spie][/url:2886spie] – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1977.jpg

rlImmigration impact report withheld by Downing Streetrl.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68505_1605979550.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68505.jpg

Quote: GT ""according to reports"

"apparently prefer squatting"

"are also said to be infuriated"

"according to The Sun"

"A source told the paper"

"Managers apparently installed signs"

So no actual facts or evidence, then? Sounds about right.'"

Just missing "Some bloke in the pub said" for a full list then?

62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ChampagneSup
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
16m