JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I am relying on my memory here but am at an age where memory can play tricks on me so if I have this wrong then I apologise.

When the club was reformed in 1999, I think it was envisaged that the Articles of Association would specify that no one person could own more than 15% of the club's shares. This was, if I have this right, to avoid a majority shareholder running the club his/her way. What happened there then?

Also, was nothing learned from the Featherstone Rovers fiasco of a few years ago when the person who was bankrolling the club pulled out? Did we have a Plan B ready in case Plan A fell through?

Like FevGrinder I pass the site of the proposed new ground quite frequently and see very little activity so I have reservations about the new stadium. I take anything Richard Caborn says about when it will be ready with a huge pinch of salt. I look forward to being proved wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5159
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45460_1403798981.jpg
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45460.jpg

Quote: Angelic Cynic "
Grey Beard,
I don't think the investor (previous investor) was a shareholder.The board seemed content to allow him to contribute over the years.
'"

Yes, he was a shareholder. The Articles were changed. Always an option, of course. Nothing's for ever, is it ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star80
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think death and taxes are forever lol. I do not recall it being announced anywhere that the Articles were changed but have to admit that keeping up with the Eagles has been somewhat difficult for me those past 3 years or so.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5159
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45460_1403798981.jpg
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45460.jpg

Quote: Grey Beard "I think death and taxes are forever lol. I do not recall it being announced anywhere that the Articles were changed but have to admit that keeping up with the Eagles has been somewhat difficult for me those past 3 years or so.'"

They just have to "announce" it at Companies House. No need to do so anywhere else. And, to be fair, few folk are interested anyway.

RankPostsTeam
International Star713
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52806_1304604881.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52806.jpeg

Quote: Angelic Cynic "Fev Grinder,
Thanks for expressing the wish that you would like us to do well.

You may not have seen the area set aside for the development because you have not had the opportunity to get inside the club office at the UTC.You can visit there to purchase a replica shirt as worn by the team at the Summer Bash.

There is also some very snazzy white plastic exterior around the site which shows both basketball and rugby league players and the club crest.

It looks like March 2017 is when it will be up and running.Possibly with hired seating being necessay, to this time run along the side of the pitch.

It may mean playing the first few games away from home.

It is probably best to follow the Olympic Legacy Park Twitter account.Club communication is a little distant from perfect;but they may be relying on the former Labour MP.

Hi AC,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I have seen the "very snazzy white plastic exterior" around the site and looked into the site from various angles while walking, driving and riding the tram, which was the prompt for me to state that "I don't see any evidence of of the stadium being built".

I had been impressed with the initial proposal of a 10k stadium, which was later reduced to 5k with the ability to extend in the future. However I see now from the link you posted above and having done various searches the Olympic Legacy Park are now talking about Community Pitch to be used by Sheffield Eagles as well as other organisations.

If this does become a similar site to what you have at SHU Sports Park with temporary stands, etc. so as to get you in for the 2017 season, I hope it is only for a short period since it would be good to have the Eagles at their own venue back in the city with their very own stadium. I just hope that Sheffield Eagles can develop this over time and that this does not become a missed opportunity.

As for the replica shirt, I already have too many Fev ones so will give it a miss icon_smile.gif

Good luck for the rest of the season (24th June apart for obvious reasons icon_smile.gif )

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: FevGrinder "I just hope that Sheffield Eagles can develop this over time and that this does not become a missed opportunity.

'"

Mmmm.Pity about the replica shirt.Our merchandise sales must be at an all time low,this year.Slight problem.

The realisation about the lack of succession planning has come with impeccable timing.

Losing both a chairman and an investor,just as the club is to move to their permanent new home,is a bit unusual.

I have no idea who the club is involved in dialogue with about investment and the stadium,but being an admirer of the female gender,due to their time-management,good housekeeping,forward-planning etc.I hope it includes the people who have been employed on the site.
rlThis Lotrl

A chance for investment and construction and a lot of intelligent,qualified ladies to take on the chairperson role while Mark Aston does everything else.It doesn't have to be a full-time role or be at the club 24/7.

rlwww.henrybootconstruction.co.uk/news/may/7627-2/rl

I also hope it doesn't become a missed opportunity.Still,no news is good news.

Quite looking forward to next Friday.Hoping confidence has returned and we won't need any luck. icon_razz.gifRAY: eusa_think.gif

19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.02734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
3m
Round 16 London Home
Ex-Swarcliff
4m