FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > North Wales Crusaders > 6 Celtic players told to leave the country!
270 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: halifaxxx "gutterfax, i would hardly consider being docked 2 points for breaking a threadbare wage cap being anywhere near in the same league as an offence as employing illegal immigrants is.'"

Celtic didn't employ illegal immigrants. At the time they were doing just what 13 other clubs were doing: employing players under the working holidaymaker visa with the modification brought about by one club which had successfully challenged earlier limitations imposed by UKBA (or whatever it was back then). That 13 other clubs are not presently under investigation is because all the Aussies employed by them have already returned home, bar one player, according to the RL press today.

So you can blather on about the Crusaders all you like. Had Fax been employing one of its Aussies under the same visa and had that Aussie still been playing for Fax, he too would have been on a plane home.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Celtic didn't employ illegal immigrants. At the time they were doing just what 13 other clubs were doingemploying players under the working holidaymaker visa with the modification brought about by one club which had successfully challenged earlier limitations imposed by UKBA (or whatever it was back then). That 13 other clubs are not presently under investigation is because all the Aussies employed by them have already returned home, bar one player, according to the RL press today.

So you can blather on about the Crusaders all you like. Had Fax been employing one of its Aussies under the same visa and had that Aussie still been playing for Fax, he too would have been on a plane home.'"

2 points

The 13 other clubs had used the ' loophole ' before 2005 and still had players contracted past that date [ a bit like the W1g4n argument when they brought the salary cap in ]

All 6 Celtic players got their visa's after that date , a point Craig Spence from the RFL states that " from that point the RFL adopted a policy of agreeing to register some player with these visa's [ amateur only ] but not encouraging it

So it's nothing to do with ' just because they have returned home ' at all

HTH

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: Starbug "2 points

The 13 other clubs had used the ' loophole ' before 2005 and still had players contracted past that date [ a bit like the W1g4n argument when they brought the salary cap in ]

All 6 Celtic players got their visa's after that date , a point Craig Spence from the RFL states that " from that point the RFL adopted a policy of agreeing to register some player with these visa's [ amateur only ] but not encouraging it

So it's nothing to do with ' just because they have returned home ' at all

HTH'"

I don't think you have listened and/or read about this in its entirety, my little stalker.

One club challenged the ruling around 2004 and won dispensation from the UKBA (or whatever it was called back then). It was on the basis of that ruling that the 13 clubs referred to are relevant as they recruited under the working holidaymaker visa as it stood post 2004 and up to 2008 when the rules changed again. Those recruits from those 13 clubs have subsequently returned home, bar one player other than the six at the Crusaders.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "I don't think you have listened and/or read about this in its entirety, my little stalker.

One club challenged the ruling around 2004 and won dispensation from the UKBA (or whatever it was called back then). It was on the basis of that ruling that the 13 clubs referred to are relevant as they recruited under the working holidaymaker visa as it stood post 2004 and up to 2008 when the rules changed again. Those recruits from those 13 clubs have subsequently returned home, bar one player other than the six at the Crusaders.'"

No they did not , those players were already in this country before that time , the UKBA allowed them to complete their agreed contracts with the clubs [ if not they could potentially have sued the clubs ]

As I said and surely as a Saints fan you will remember the W1g4n argument when the salary cap was introduced that they had to pay cotrcated players past that date or they could be sued for beaking those contracts

Gateshead won dispensation for amatuer players only

Are you saying that these 6 players including one with 150 NRL appearances and recent SOO matches played over here for nothing for 2 seasons ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg

Quote: Starbug "Are you saying that these 6 players including one with 150 NRL appearances and recent SOO matches played over here for nothing for 2 seasons ?'"

Nooo. I didn't say anything of the kind. The players' histories was irrelevant, my little stalker.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Nooo. I didn't say anything of the kind. The players' histories was irrelevant, my little stalker.'"

So you admit you were wrong and did not read what was quoted by the RFL

They are very good at deflecting blame and ' spin ' snnouncements

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg

Quote: Starbug "So you admit you were wrong and did not read what was quoted by the RFL '"

I admit to no such thing.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "I admit to no such thing.'"

You being a woman that doesn't surprise me icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: halifaxxx "good economics degree at newcastle university would suggest otherwise and the standard of your 240 posts to date in this incarnation would counter that suggestion icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27668_1549011243.png
Twitter : @TheResidentPete:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27668.png

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "Can I be so bold as to ask your age and how long you have watched the game??'"

22 being going to FC since 1991, not like it makes a difference or magically changes my opinion.

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "I may be mis-judging you here, but your post appear to lack an astonishing lack of insight into what the concept of SL, the removal of P+R, an amazingly apathetic approached by the RFL to clubs outside Sl and the 'expansion at any cost approach' has done for fans outside SL!'"

I don't care about the fans outside of SL, all I care about is SL and having the best to maki it a competition to be proud of.

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "The removal of hope of playing in SL has had a massive impact on the Championship clubs as fans of clubs of many years now have a more "why bother" approach.'"

Considering most of the teams would have had difficulty a) getting there and b) not having the facilities to get there I don't see why it should surprise them so much. The door isn't shut, all the RFL are saying is if you want to be in the top league then you need to be able to cope. Which most championship clubs wouldn't, can they draw the big crowd or have the finances to support such a venture ?

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "The lack of any empathy in your statement or acknowledgement of what has been achieved by the clubs you dismiss so readily, and the potential to achieve again but for the ridiculous way our game is now being managed.'"

The RFL are preventing clubs from running before the can walk, they are doing it to protect your clubs. Not to banish you or belittle you but make your club better. How many clubs have being able to go up to the top league and stay there ? It took Huddersfield a few attempts and Salford always going up and down.

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan " The public proclamations of how badly the crusaders have been managed this year resulting in the lastest fiasco fuels the notion that it wasn't right to include the crusaders when they did. I still believe it is certainly a system of apartheid the RFL are employing. It's just so wrong.'"

I have said in an earlier post I didn't think the crusaders was the right choice but who else should it have gone to ? Widnes who had just come out of administration ? Halifax with a half built stadium ? Featherstone with only a few thousand fans ? Barrow with the ground that can't hold a capacity for a SL game ?

Its only wrong because your on the outside looking in, one day you will realise the RFL made the right choice. Instead of getting clubs coming up going bust losing load of money why not come up with a scheme were they can make money and steadily build up to a SL level ? I feel its people like you who hold the game back from going forward.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27668_1549011243.png
Twitter : @TheResidentPete:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27668.png

Quote: Starbug "[sizeTalk You Bollox [/size

Sort it out for yourself

The Celtic Crusaders cheated for the last 2/3 years

The club Knew about it

The RFL knew about it

Better still Richard Lewis and Nigel Woods Knew about it

Happy with that'"

Bless you.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4146
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

She carries on through it all...... She's a Waterfall:

As I suspected, your age shows one amazing lack of insight.

I refer to the post Starbug made. It's simpler and as I'm at work it and I can't be @rsed to make any lenthy protracted reply just yet, his comment will suffice for now!! Pertinent as it is!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "As I suspected, your age shows one amazing lack of insight.

I refer to the post Starbug made. It's simpler and as I'm at work it and I can't be @rsed to make any lenthy protracted reply just yet, his comment will suffice for now!! Pertinent as it is!'"
Well then, if age is an issue, I am 44yrs old.
FWIW...I am of the opinion that the RFL have managed the whole franchise thing terribly.......BUT......the fact that some so called Rugby League fans seem to get pleasure from the problems faced by Celtic Crusaders makes me fear for the future of the game.
I fear for the leigh fans....deluded that they could make it work (see 2005) or the fax fans, (see 2003) or (and I like this lot) Widnes ( see 2007....bankrupt or bust?).....
Simply put, to point the finger at a 22yr old because of his age is at least patronising.....I mean ......I am Irish.....so what would I know?
Lazy posting.....undermines your very point and makes you look like you are running out of things to say.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach446No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43987.jpg
//arugbyleagueobsession.blogspot.com/:43987.jpg

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "As I suspected, your age shows one amazing lack of insight.

I refer to the post Starbug made. It's simpler and as I'm at work it and I can't be @rsed to make any lenthy protracted reply just yet, his comment will suffice for now!! Pertinent as it is!'"

sorry roth im 37 and i agree with him in the main. age has nothing to do with it really.
Once we settle down we will make good progress (and you know some of the reasons why that has a good choice to happen) and i think in 10 years time the rfl decisons will be seen as correct even if not handled in the best way.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4146
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

She carries on through it all...... She's a Waterfall:

Quote: gutterfax "Well then, if age is an issue, I am 44yrs old.
FWIW...I am of the opinion that the RFL have managed the whole franchise thing terribly.......BUT......the fact that some so called Rugby League fans seem to get pleasure from the problems faced by Celtic Crusaders makes me fear for the future of the game.
I fear for the leigh fans....deluded that they could make it work (see 2005) or the fax fans, (see 2003) or (and I like this lot) Widnes ( see 2007....bankrupt or bust?).....
Simply put, to point the finger at a 22yr old because of his age is at least patronising.....I mean ......I am Irish.....so what would I know?
Lazy posting.....undermines your very point and makes you look like you are running out of things to say.'"
yes it was a lazy posting - I was at work and was indeed struggling to get a point over within a few minutes. I still believe pmarrows post shows an amazing lack of immaturity, a crass lack of empathy for anything beyond sl and is consistant with someone younger. I accept thats not always the case with someone of his age but I said to my young un (25), I'll bet this one is younger than you!! Not that that should ever be an issue of course.

I believe the RFL were wrong to include Celtic when and how they did, and have evidenced why I thibnk that.
I WOULD like to see a welsh team in SL!!!!!!!
I would also have liked to have seen them acheve it on the field of play (with appropriately registered players), rather than by a political shift.
I would like to see their position in SL (or any other SL club - I don't think Celtic will fuinish bottom next year) challenged by a successful Championship club - regardless of who that is - who if they haven't the infra-structure in place can opt out of that 'promotion should they wish.

As it stands at the mo I could be a multi-millionaire keen to sponsor Leigh in their fantastic new stadium and they still won't be allowed up. It's a sporting apartheid and until it changes I won't ever give up the fight for the right of equality for all clubs.

I know Grendel and Jannerboyuk know my slant, but just to reinforce my stance:- I have no problem with the Crusaders as a club. I have with the RFL!!!!! I have no problems with the majority of fans - just the one's with an amazing "I care not for thee Jack, I'm alright" attitude, which does annoy me as much as some of the anti-crusaders crap I've read on here!

270 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
270 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.7373046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Dave K.
Recent
Wolves again
Deadcowboys1
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
8s
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
18s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
18s
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
19s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
NickyKiss
38s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Sir Gregory
54s
TV Games - Not Hull
Dave K.
1m
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
1m
Rumours thread
jonh
1m
IMG
Crosswire
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
FOREVERTRIN
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
TODAY
Squad for London
karetaker
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Halifax A
Wigan Bull
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Crosswire
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
faxcar
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Realistic targets for 2025
the cal trai
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
ducknumber1
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,317 80,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
20:00
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20