Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45735_1315755218.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45735.jpg

with more signings leaving you really do need to have a busy off season and bring in alot of signings, any chance of sean long changing to a black and yellow top???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4245No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36819_1328648313.jpg
WELSH RUGBY LEAGUE - PRIDE & PASSION IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36819.jpg

Our home is red, green and white now but that is attention to detail.

We'll need a big recruitment drive definitely though and we were not good enough this season with the departing players so will need a lot of quality to get moving up the league. I think the club are happy with youngsters and watching the pennies though if I'm being honest.

RankPostsTeam
International Star507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58058_1310484944.jpg
Love my Rugby League. The game will survive in North Wales. Too much work and effort has been put in, to let it go to waste. We have an appetite for this sport and we'll make it work. You're likely to see me in a Crusaders shirt, in a Warrington game or a Catalans game. Follow me on twitter, @GouldyCrusader:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_58058.jpg

I think the young Welsh players (Kear, Dudson, Flower, White and Williams) will be featuring all the while next season under Iestyn.

We do need to add a lot of quality into our side for next season, as we're losing a lot of quality. The club are trying to reduce the amount we're spending on the cap with these over-seas players, but then we bring in McPherson, who is bound to take up a lot of the cap.

I think Senior is a great signing for us. Although he isn't as fit anymore and is a bit more injury-prone, I think his experience and knowledge of the game will help a lot of the young players and possibly Alfie too.

I'm told there are a lot more quality signings coming in and I hope so too. I think we could see some of the 3 players on-loan from the Scorpions transfered to Crusaders for next season too and then being dual-registered out to Scorpions when not needed.

I'm hoping that 2012 will be a good and much improved season, but if we don't replace these out-going players, we'll be in the same position come July 2012.

RankPostsTeam
International Star507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58058_1310484944.jpg
Love my Rugby League. The game will survive in North Wales. Too much work and effort has been put in, to let it go to waste. We have an appetite for this sport and we'll make it work. You're likely to see me in a Crusaders shirt, in a Warrington game or a Catalans game. Follow me on twitter, @GouldyCrusader:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_58058.jpg

Shaun Briscoe is being released at the end of the season by Hull K R. Many say he is heading for Widnes, but if we could tempt him to Wrexham that would be brilliant.

We need to add quality with the amount of players departing the club. Shaun would certainly do that. A top, top player.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GouldyCrusader "Shaun Briscoe is being released at the end of the season by Hull K R. Many say he is heading for Widnes, but if we could tempt him to Wrexham that would be brilliant.

We need to add quality with the amount of players departing the club. Shaun would certainly do that. A top, top player.'"

dont need briscoe got a very good fullback in tansey even though hes an idiot, mark bryant has already confirmed that him, peek, ohara, withers, chan, martin and clinton will be all leaving . the club need to recruit heavy and bring in some quality just like senior if the club want to be competitive and grow
reading the cru till i die forum the club are linked with cockayne, glen morrison, josh griffin, hame lauaki
possible line up
1.tansey
2.reardon
3.senior
4.mellars
5.kear
7.witt
8.moore
11.winterstein
12.flower
13.morrison
subs
14.lauaki
15.dudson
16.white
17.james
thomas, bracek, murphy, williams, johnson, handbury, lupton

RankPostsTeam
International Star507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58058_1310484944.jpg

Quote: arliebird "dont need briscoe got a very good fullback in tansey even though hes an idiot, mark bryant has already confirmed that him, peek, ohara, withers, chan, martin and clinton will be all leaving . the club need to recruit heavy and bring in some quality just like senior if the club want to be competitive and grow
'"

Good points you bring up there. I think so far we have recruited well. Senior should help us with his experience and great knowledge of the game. We're losing a lot of quality, so we'll need to bring a lot in. Positive thing is that we're bringing in a lot more british players which is always positive. We've got a lot of ageing Aus players, who are taking up a lot of the cap in the squad at the minute. Its possibly a good call to get rid of most of them, but I don't agree with O'Hara, Martin and Chan. We could do with keeping hold of them.

Tansey is a quality player and great at full-back. Does Briscoe not play elsewhere other than full-back or am I mistaken ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GouldyCrusader "Good points you bring up there. I think so far we have recruited well. Senior should help us with his experience and great knowledge of the game. We're losing a lot of quality, so we'll need to bring a lot in. Positive thing is that we're bringing in a lot more british players which is always positive. We've got a lot of ageing Aus players, who are taking up a lot of the cap in the squad at the minute. Its possibly a good call to get rid of most of them, but I don't agree with O'Hara, Martin and Chan. We could do with keeping hold of them.

Tansey is a quality player and great at full-back. Does Briscoe not play elsewhere other than full-back or am I mistaken ?'"

senior is a class signing on and off the field no doubts about it, agree that signing british players is better then having alot more overseas boys. i would of kept chan, ohara and hep cahill for deffo but not sure on martin still decent but getting on and a overseas player that could potentailly struggle to get game time. saun briscoe is an out and out fullback played a few games on the wing when he was younger but lost some of his pace now hes a solid realiable fullback but you have a bettre player in tansey.

RankPostsTeam
International Star507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58058_1310484944.jpg

Quote: arliebird "senior is a class signing on and off the field no doubts about it, agree that signing british players is better then having alot more overseas boys. i would of kept chan, ohara and hep cahill for deffo but not sure on martin still decent but getting on and a overseas player that could potentailly struggle to get game time. saun briscoe is an out and out fullback played a few games on the wing when he was younger but lost some of his pace now hes a solid realiable fullback but you have a bettre player in tansey.'"

Have to disagree on Hep Cahill. He is way over-rated. His discipline is very poor and has offered nothing. I had such high hopes for him too. Maybe it's the club he was at, but we'll see. Tony Martin we should keep. I'd make him captain. He's got loads of experience and is a good too.

Tansey is a better player than Shaun Briscoe I agree - therefore, its pointless attempting to sign him. Lets hope Tansey doesn't spoil it for himself. He can be important in our development.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GouldyCrusader "Have to disagree on Hep Cahill. He is way over-rated. His discipline is very poor and has offered nothing. I had such high hopes for him too. Maybe it's the club he was at, but we'll see. Tony Martin we should keep. I'd make him captain. He's got loads of experience and is a good Centre too.

Tansey is a better player than Shaun Briscoe I agree - therefore, its pointless attempting to sign him. Lets hope Tansey doesn't spoil it for himself. He can be important in our development.'"

to be honest you would have a miles better opinon on hep as you see him week in week out and ive only seen him a few times but hep is very athletic backrower thats young been brought up in the melbourne system and recieved great comments from the secound best coach in the world maybe its just teh club hes at good example weller hauakri was great for cru but looks a shadow of himself at leeds maybe a return?
tony martin id keep but only as backup really cant see him been infront of senior, mellars and thomas

RankPostsTeam
International Star507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58058_1310484944.jpg

Quote: arliebird "to be honest you would have a miles better opinon on hep as you see him week in week out and ive only seen him a few times but hep is very athletic backrower thats young been brought up in the melbourne system and recieved great comments from the secound best coach in the world maybe its just teh club hes at good example weller hauakri was great for cru but looks a shadow of himself at leeds maybe a return?
tony martin id keep but only as backup really cant see him been infront of senior, mellars and thomas'"

We'll have to see. He made come on loads at Widnes. Expectations were high for him to live up to with the comments, prospect etc.

Fair point about Martin. Another player who I think will learn from Senior is Thomas. Same position and I think Senior could help to progress him as a Rugby League player.

For me, Mellars has gone down-hill. His fitness levels have dropped, he's not as prolific try scoring as he was last season. Not the player he was last season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GouldyCrusader "We'll have to see. He made come on loads at Widnes. Expectations were high for him to live up to with the comments, prospect etc.

Fair point about Martin. Another player who I think will learn from Senior is Thomas. Same position and I think Senior could help to progress him as a Rugby League player.

For me, Mellars has gone down-hill. His fitness levels have dropped, he's not as prolific try scoring as he was last season. Not the player he was last season.'"

agree about mellars not been as good but still a very good player and still youngish a player you want to build the club around and also what you have to consider what service is he getting?, i do feel the club need a top halfback to go alongside witt

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

how about tim smith?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20672.jpg
:CROWN: [color=#4000FF:3cyxr5nr]RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012[/color:3cyxr5nr] :CROWN: [url=http://www.christie.nhs.uk/the-christie-charity/donate.aspx:3cyxr5nr]The Christie - please donate[/url:3cyxr5nr] [url=http://www.popbitch.com/home/2009/10/05/red-pepper-news:3cyxr5nr]Greatest headline ever?[/url:3cyxr5nr]:20672.jpg

Quote: arliebird "how about tim smith?'"

Gash and currently playing reserve grade in Australia.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach631No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: arliebird "senior is a class signing on and off the field no doubts about it, agree that signing british players is better then having alot more overseas boys. i would of kept chan, ohara and hep cahill for deffo but not sure on martin still decent but getting on and a overseas player that could potentailly struggle to get game time. saun briscoe is an out and out fullback played a few games on the wing when he was younger but lost some of his pace now hes a solid reliable fullback but you have a better player in tansey.'"

I'm sure some Hull fans still have a soft spot for Keith Senior. Senior lying to Tony Smith, Leeds Doc and Physio that he was fit to play in the Challenge Cup, played right into Hulls hands. icon_biggrin.gif
Remember what Senior got up to when he was on international duty down under, before getting stuffed on the pitch by the Australians. www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 893196.ece icon_eek.gif
We have already got our hands full with Tansey, fingers crossed we don't sign that donkey Cockayne as well.
Quote: arliebird "senior is a class signing on and off the field no doubts about it, agree that signing british players is better then having alot more overseas boys. i would of kept chan, ohara and hep cahill for deffo but not sure on martin still decent but getting on and a overseas player that could potentailly struggle to get game time. saun briscoe is an out and out fullback played a few games on the wing when he was younger but lost some of his pace now hes a solid reliable fullback but you have a better player in tansey.'"

I'm sure some Hull fans still have a soft spot for Keith Senior. Senior lying to Tony Smith, Leeds Doc and Physio that he was fit to play in the Challenge Cup, played right into Hulls hands. icon_biggrin.gif
Remember what Senior got up to when he was on international duty down under, before getting stuffed on the pitch by the Australians. www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 893196.ece icon_eek.gif
We have already got our hands full with Tansey, fingers crossed we don't sign that donkey Cockayne as well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Catalancs "Gash and currently playing reserve grade in Australia.'"

tim smith is quite a talented individual did ok at wigan till got injured would certainly be a good signing for the crusaders, as for him playing 2nd grade well thats why i mentioned him really but i still feel smith would be a good signing and would be up there in super league with the better halfbacks. the crusaders need another out and out halfback obviously witts here for the long term but i dont think him and hanbury is good enough if the cru want to improve and i think a partnership of witt and tim smith would be pretty good.

43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.02783203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
This weeks disciplinary
silvertail-w
3m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
3m