Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4922_1302712061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4922.jpg

Quote: Marshland "Thats a lot of (24 players) players missing mate, was it because of injuries?'"

we've a lot of lads who've shown an interest in playing from week in week out players to guys who are coaching our juniors to Union lads who want a go to a few lads from winter RL teams who want a game to lads who've played for us in the past and only want the odd run out (such as if their Mrs is away!)...it creates a long list (must be 60ish on the full list!).

what we have found is that every second week we have the same group of regulars who are unavailable because their shift patterns are in sync. Combine that with some regulars being on holiday, some are injured and also the club enforcing rules on being paid up (no pay, no play) and it means we can have lots unavailable. we also tend to only use the occasionals for the 2nd team as it's not fair on those who train if we bring people in when suddenly short.

so, any given week 20 - 30 can be unavailable...and if they happen to be regulars as opposed to the occasionals it causes an issue. for Woolston away we had to pull in people who'd only played the odd game and a player from our last winter season who had retired to become a referee. this weekend will be other way i suspect, 30+ available and pressure from players to get an A Team game arranged!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3555No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Part of the 'hard sell' for summer rugby was that fixtures could be rearranged and played mid-week so freeing up the weekend. Well that's another great idea they had that doesn't work! Out of seven attempts I have only had one taker - and that was for us to travel away. Much easier to refuse and claim an easy 2 pts. icon_evil.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif
:12389.gif

Bury 54-22 Wigan Bulldogs

Another superb result, after having never beaten Wigan since we both first entered NWC in 2008, we've finally done the double over them. Went 18-6 up, Wigan pulled it back to 18-18, then we drew clear with a bit of a blitz in the second half, including a few length of the field efforts. After being a close game we won comfortably in the end. Good game played in good spirit. Wigan have clearly lost players from last season, but they kept going.

122 points in 2 games now, granted we've faced weakened teams but you've still got to score 'em!

In other results - Portico 100-12 Bolton, and Hindley & Woolston both conceded.

mmp
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4069No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4922_1302712061.jpg

Quote: Cronus "Bury 54-22 Wigan Bulldogs

Hindley & Woolston both conceded.'"

we still have Hindley to place twice and Woolston at home...

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1244No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Why, oh why people bring dogs to Rugby League games I'll never know".:

Quote: Milly "Part of the 'hard sell' for summer rugby was that fixtures could be rearranged and played mid-week so freeing up the weekend. Well that's another great idea they had that doesn't work! Out of seven attempts I have only had one taker - and that was for us to travel away. Much easier to refuse and claim an easy 2 pts.
Agree with that, lots of empty promises made before the switch especially in terms of flexibility which was attractive to those clubs going from winter to summer. I think the best thing now is to let this season fizzle out and start again in earnest next year when the majority of teams have had a break. From what I'm told there won't be much if any alteration to the league structure so it'll be a case of as you were lads. A bit concerning to see all last weekends games in div 4 going down as 24-0's.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach117No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47705_1260637539.jpg
[url=http://jimcgreen.wordpress.com:3qwcoiyx]The Pop Side Blog[/url:3qwcoiyx] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/jimcgreen:3qwcoiyx]Twitter[/url:3qwcoiyx] [url=http://www.chestergladiators.com:3qwcoiyx]Chester Gladiators RLFC[/url:3qwcoiyx]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47705.jpg

Our club is pretty happy with the structure overall so quite content if there are no major changes.

Numbers have been up and down and we have found holidays and weekends away a bit of an issue but most of these were probably organised last year. Will be interesting to see if we have the same disruption next year.

Hopefully, the league season will kick off in early March meaning there is the option for a two-week break in August as we have found this month the toughest. The sooner the NWML get things arranged and announced the better so we can let players and officials know.

mmp
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4922_1302712061.jpg

Given the number of conceded games in Div 4 and also how Accrington and Newton have gone, I think the Div 5 standard is on average better than 4. some clubs went too high with their pitch for what division to be in, especially some 2nd teams, and others based our decision on where we were, not where we are. could (should?) see some movement between 4 and 5 I think

mmp
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4922_1302712061.jpg

p.s. agree we need information to plan! bloody nightmare trying to get winter facilities if not booked over next two weeks....

mmp
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4922_1302712061.jpg

so, how do we all think it will end up?

I think we shoudl aim for 3rd, although it may depend on whether teams can field a team and i'm sure others will be aiming for 3rd place too. My thoughts here www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/
so, how do we all think it will end up?

I think we shoudl aim for 3rd, although it may depend on whether teams can field a team and i'm sure others will be aiming for 3rd place too. My thoughts here www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Bury 70 - 0 Woolston A

What can I say? Woolston fielded a very young team - and a very different team from the game at their place (no first-teamers this time!). First half was ok but our handling was terrible, kept ourselves trapped in our own half through errors and stupid decisions.

Then the ref sin-binned Woolston's best runner after about 20 mins for leading with the elbow. The lad had a grumble & as he walked away he threw the ball over his shoulder & hit the ref on the head! Immediate red card - was a complete accident though. Woolston were never in it after that but they kept going even with a few frustrated lads.

Anyway, was only 12-0 at half time, then we just clicked into gear with 58 points in a 30-minute second half as the ref blew early. A few lads escaped the end-of-season naked lap today - even grabbed my fourth of the season! icon_smile.gif

Now to take that into next week against a much tougher prospect in Culcheth.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We put a team on the pitch. What more can I say?

These gibes about playing first teamers are getting boring now. We haven't got a first team full of first teamers never mind spares to bolster the second! Let's just say, this summer hasn't been as good for us as for you and we can't wait to see the back of it!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1244No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Why, oh why people bring dogs to Rugby League games I'll never know".:

Quote: Milly " These gibes about playing first teamers are getting boring now. We haven't got a first team full of first teamers never mind spares to bolster the second! Let's just say, this summer hasn't been as good for us as for you and we can't wait to see the back of it!'"

Our 1st and 2nd team played on pitches side by side yesterday and we (2nds) brought a sub on who scored pretty much with his 1st touch. The conversion was held up while we had to convince the referee and the away side that it wasnt actually a lad from the 1st team who'd just been subbed in that game only to be used for a sub for us! The fact that our 1st team bench was on completely the opposite side of the pitch and using different kits seemed to be lost on the opposition and ref. Comedy gold.

Like you we'll be glad to see the back of this season, the break will do us good and hopefully see the injuries etc clear up and get back to some normality and stability next season. One thing I've picked up talking round the clubs we've played is the lack of enthusiasm for the swicth so far, I'm sure that will work itself out as the years go on. In yterms of playing parity the balance seems to be about right certainly in div 5 all the teams seem much of a muchness (probably with the exception of Portico) and I'm not expecting to see much if any movements next season. On another note, another 10 24-0's yesterday again must be a worrying sign. I'd like to see if there's a comparison between the 18-0's in the old winter league vs the 24-0's for this summer.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: Milly "We put a team on the pitch. What more can I say?

These gibes about playing first teamers are getting boring now. We haven't got a first team full of first teamers never mind spares to bolster the second! Let's just say, this summer hasn't been as good for us as for you and we can't wait to see the back of it!'"

Most of our team came to watch the Irlam vs Woolston NWCL final in April, indeed one of our coaching team and a couple of occasional players played in it. Let's just say in the game at your place in July a lot of familiar faces from that final lined up against us, and your 1sts didn't have a game that day. It's not like your lads aren't a recognisable bunch! I'm not complaining, as long as it's within the rules you play the best team you can field.

Big credit to you for fielding a team yesterday - it was clear when you were registering lads before the game you were struggling. Many teams wouldn't have bothered turning up. In fact when we played at your place we were in the same boat - we were down to 9 lads on the Friday, spent the day pulling lads in and signed 1 or 2 on the Saturday - had probably 30 unavailable and a couple of us were ill, and another few played on injuries.

It's been good for us barring a few periods where we've struggled for numbers (like everyone else). Holidays, festivals, work all hit hard in the summer. One week we've 30+ lads, the next we're down to whoever is available. Our inconsistent results speak for themselves, again probably like everyone else.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cronus "Most of our team came to watch the Irlam vs Woolston NWCL final in April, indeed one of our coaching team and a couple of occasional players played in it. Let's just say in the game at your place in July a lot of familiar faces from that final lined up against us, and your 1sts didn't have a game that day. It's not like your lads aren't a recognisable bunch! I'm not complaining, as long as it's within the rules you play the best team you can field.

Big credit to you for fielding a team yesterday - it was clear when you were registering lads before the game you were struggling. Many teams wouldn't have bothered turning up. In fact when we played at your place we were in the same boat - we were down to 9 lads on the Friday, spent the day pulling lads in and signed 1 or 2 on the Saturday - had probably 30 unavailable and a couple of us were ill, and another few played on injuries.

It's been good for us barring a few periods where we've struggled for numbers (like everyone else). Holidays, festivals, work all hit hard in the summer. One week we've 30+ lads, the next we're down to whoever is available. Our inconsistent results speak for themselves, again probably like everyone else.'"

Must say a big thank you to your team. A lot of our lads were only young and some playing in their first open age game got a bit more than they bargained for! My coaches tell me that your players offered them lots of encouragement throughout and showed great sportsmanship. Thank you.

mmp
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4922_1302712061.jpg

Quote: Milly "
Quote: Milly "Most of our team came to watch the Irlam vs Woolston NWCL final in April, indeed one of our coaching team and a couple of occasional players played in it. Let's just say in the game at your place in July a lot of familiar faces from that final lined up against us, and your 1sts didn't have a game that day. It's not like your lads aren't a recognisable bunch! I'm not complaining, as long as it's within the rules you play the best team you can field.

It's been good for us barring a few periods where we've struggled for numbers (like everyone else). Holidays, festivals, work all hit hard in the summer. One week we've 30+ lads, the next we're down to whoever is available. Our inconsistent results speak for themselves, again probably like everyone else.'"

Must say a big thank you to your team. A lot of our lads were only young and some playing in their first open age game got a bit more than they bargained for! My coaches tell me that your players offered them lots of encouragement throughout and showed great sportsmanship. Thank you.'"

doesnt sound much like Cronus! icon_wink.gif

we've had some hidings over the years - and we know how it can hurt. anyone who steps on a pitch is there to try and deserves credit so running water on and giving a bit of support where we could was the least we could do. everyone at our end thought your number 11 was superb despite not being the biggest - made every tackle and broke through a few times.

88 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
88 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.9111328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Uncle Rico
32m
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
Recent
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
Recent
Seth Nikotemo
Start@1873
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
BP1
Recent
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
Recent
Man of Steel
matt_wire
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
2m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
2m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
2m
Rumours thread
vastman
3m
Uncle Rico
3m
tad rhino
3m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
4m
Season 2024
tomtom84
5m
Film game
Boss Hog
5m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Uncle Rico
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,947 ↑6280,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22