FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Featherstone Rovers > NRC Final!
26 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4146
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

She carries on through it all...... She's a Waterfall:

ey up Mart,
I don't think you are missing anything Mart.
Whilst I take issue on the "numbers" bit of your post, from my experience the villification of all from Fev appears to be from the overwhelming majority of those that use that forum! In my experience there are one or two exceptions, but that's it!

However, I did discuss this last night. Trying to be self analytical and all that.
And in the main, you are most correct in your post. It's childish, petulant and as you say OTT.
The games we lost v Fax mean nowt really. I got over the loss in the semi by the time I had driven to Rotherham.
What has angered me so much to the point where I was rejoicing about the result was indeed those comments on the fax forum. It's a temporary thing.

And yes you are correct again - I am generically applying a 'broad brush' to all fax fans - perhaps I shouldn't have - I am aware of the irony of my comments.
and I have discussed elsewhere the need to move on - tho I am finding that very difficult due to the unbalnced myopia proliferated on there (from some).

I don't want this. I don't want to feel like this. But Jeez Mart, some of the crapola said about Fev fans (of which I'm one) has hit deep - and I've never assaulted or abused anyone from Fax (with the possible exception of Frank Watene)!!! icon_lol.gif

I guess what I am saying is, yesterday a lot of anger and emotion spilled out because of a lot of what has been said/written about me/us.
But I agree entirely mate, time to let it go. - tho it's not easy from this end owd cock!!

Robin

ps you would think given the job I do it would be easy to deal with this stuff. Shows some processing issues of my own I guess!

RankPostsTeam
International Star522No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The weak conform, the strong survive.:

I am not bearing any malice or stooping to anyones level faxcar. I see it this way, it was the irony of how you were beat that made it for me. You have done us twice in big games with the golden point and to see you beat with a minute to go, especially after the start you made, was oh so sweet.

If you had lost 6 - 48 then it wouldn't of felt so good.

As RFF says, after all the crap that has been posted about ALL Fev fans, it made my day. If you think its childish then so be it. Maybe it is but its just the way I feel at the minute. Probably wear of pretty quickly though and I will be back to my mature, level headed self.

If you have followed the other board you may remember my offer to any fax fan who wanted to show solidarity before the last game at POR, to meet up, have a drink and then all walk to the ground together, so I definately bear no malice or promote unrest.

Hope that clears up my stance on the whole matter group-hug.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4534
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan "ey up Mart,
I don't think you are missing anything Mart.
Whilst I take issue on the "numbers" bit of your post, from my experience the villification of all from Fev appears to be from the overwhelming majority of those that use that forum! In my experience there are one or two exceptions, but that's it!

However, I did discuss this last night. Trying to be self analytical and all that.
And in the main, you are most correct in your post. It's childish, petulant and as you say OTT.
The games we lost v Fax mean nowt really. I got over the loss in the semi by the time I had driven to Rotherham.
What has angered me so much to the point where I was rejoicing about the result was indeed those comments on the fax forum. It's a temporary thing.

And yes you are correct again - I am generically applying a 'broad brush' to all fax fans - perhaps I shouldn't have - I am aware of the irony of my comments.
and I have discussed elsewhere the need to move on - tho I am finding that very difficult due to the unbalnced myopia proliferated on there (from some).

I don't want this. I don't want to feel like this. But Jeez Mart, some of the crapola said about Fev fans (of which I'm one) has hit deep - and I've never assaulted or abused anyone from Fax (with the possible exception of Frank Watene)!!!
Ha ha that's better Robin your smiling again in a proper way.

You will make no progress with them at all mate you simply can't have a reasonable conversation with a real life idiot or sporting one either and there's no point knocking if there's no one in.
I was starting to imagine you and Sid being shown on tv dressed in black and burning Fax flags and images of the Shay and before Sid says owt no we would have not supplied the matches you can get your own!!

As Fax fan for years I know what it's like to have my heart ripped out watching them, since 1987 what have they won.
1988 being well beaten by Wigan in the CC final, losing again to Wigan in the Regal Trophy Final in 1990.
Losing to Salford in the second division premiership final in 1991.
1999 going into CVA to wipe out huge debts.
2003 relegated from super league losing 27 games in the season.
The boardroom has been more like a turnstile than a boardroom for years.
Matt Calland getting caried away with half seasons success and the "country mile comment."
Last year getting knocked out of the NRC play of stages by Hunslet and being kicked out of the Challenge Cup over the Ostick Gate affair.
All these things and more the supporters of Fax which they have had no say or control over have gone through and yet many still turn up.
I don't know were people think Halifax are some favoured club because if they are I would hate to be cursed. icon_lol.gif

I tell you what to help you get over it I have a mate who works at my place as a plumber / gas fitter.
He is an ex miner who retrained some years ago when things got tough down pit.
He is a season ticket holder at Fev, you may know him Rocket Ronnie Spiers and a right lad to boot.
Why don't I get him to fit you a blue and white loo and toilet seat and then you can pretend to p**s and cr**p on us everyday icon_lol.gif

Or what about me sending you a Matt Calland dart board with his forhead in the treble twenty so you can stick it to us on a night when you get in from work.
Just imagine how much shouting "180" could mean. icon_lol.gif
With that kind of motivation look out Phill Taylor that's what I say.

Thinking of nursing and rivalry between supporters I was down in Wincobank at the Southern Cross nursing home a couple of weeks back and I had to get access to one of the bedsits.

In the one chosen the poor old elderly resident had just had a rather smelly accident and had to be taken out to get cleaned up.
Of the 2 nurses 1 was a Blade and 1 was an Owl the smell was pretty bad.

The United fan says "hell fire what a stench".
The Wednesday fan trying to be smart says " what's up with yer soft wuss that's nowt to me."
The United fan says "well i'm not suprised your used to it with that Sh**te team you support you must smell this every time they play".
1 plucked and stuffed Owl fan dissapears to the canteen.
1 nil to the blades, top corner unstoppable.

Just let me know when you want the "I love Fax" tattoo removing from you left buttock you know it's there, it's true it really is. icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4534
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: sidnee "I am not bearing any malice or stooping to anyones level faxcar. I see it this way, it was the irony of how you were beat that made it for me. You have done us twice in big games with the golden point and to see you beat with a minute to go, especially after the start you made, was oh so sweet.

If you had lost 6 - 48 then it wouldn't of felt so good.

As RFF says, after all the crap that has been posted about ALL Fev fans, it made my day. If you think its childish then so be it. Maybe it is but its just the way I feel at the minute. Probably wear of pretty quickly though and I will be back to my mature, level headed self.

If you have followed the other board you may remember my offer to any fax fan who wanted to show solidarity before the last game at POR, to meet up, have a drink and then all walk to the ground together, so I definately bear no malice or promote unrest.
Hope that clears up my stance on the whole matter
Come on Sid you don't have to explain yourself to me or anyone mate I think I know exactly where your coming from.
Why should you, when it gets personal and it did have to put up with the sort of crap that has being going around by the few.
As blokes we would want to sort it out as blokes do and this is not some macho statement it's just how it is but we can't because it's pointless words from nameless faces and that gets under the skin like an itch that we can't scratch.

I know from experience this sort of thing does burn away at you inside and it can start to ruin our lives but not anymore for me whenever I can help it.

Before the game I thought Leigh would win by about 14 points as they were and still are unbeaten in the comp and had only lost the one to us in the League which was just after a short turnaround from their weekend game and just as all the internal problems had come to light which must have played on their minds that week.
At the game yesterday I could actually see it coming towards the end Leigh were playing so well and Fax were back to some daft decision making so it was not too bad to take.

Anyway good stuff still plenty to play for this season icon_thumb.gif
Great game and top effort from both sides.
Well done you Leythers.
Mart.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Scooter.gif
We hate rfl:Black Backgrounds/Scooter.gif

What a great game to watch though best nrc final ever. And also what a great weekend it was nearly spoiled by some fev fans on sat night but when the police turned up it all calmed down again. then sunday was a great day had by all who attended. we even mixed it up with fans having a good bit of banter without things being settled by fighting.. Proper supporters

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

prseumably you don't know those "fax fans" in the photo's on your own forum who the police would like to speak to??

Save that unbalanced myopic view for your own forum! That's where all the fev bashing goes on! NOT on here. Leave this place for us and those from Fax who may actually wish to talk about rugby or engage in positive interaction.
Your post is deliberately antagonistic, serves no purpose whatsoever other than to maintain ill feeling and you know full well what you are doing.
Jack it in or sod off! I'm bloody sick o' this crapola!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Quote: bulls hater "What a great game to watch though best nrc final ever. And also what a great weekend it was nearly spoiled by some fev fans on sat night but when the police turned up it all calmed down again. then sunday was a great day had by all who attended. we even mixed it up with fans having a good bit of banter without things being settled by fighting.. Proper supporters'"

Tut tut. Your username cancels out anything you type about 'proper supporters' doesn't it
really?
It was a good game, and yet you come on a Fev forum with some unsubstantiated nonsense
about Saturday night in Blackpool??? Oh dear! icon_eek.gif

All I can say is - grow up! icon_evil.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

My mate Mark texted me on sunday during the NRC final to say he was the only 'Fax fan in Fev, very errrr Noble of him I.M.O.

So what's the beef with you guys ?

Jealousy of three finals in three ( unfinished ) seasons ?

Come on, your'e hardly adding to the harmony.

During the pre match beers in Blackpool, the Leythers were shocked & upset by some Fev fans on saturday night, attacking 'Fax & Leigh fans in seperate incidents, but how would anyone know they were Fev fans ?????

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

cos they had all had flat caps on and were sing fev songs. my mate had a fax polo shirt on and they went for him first some even told us where they were from

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

behave! TThe results v fax I can get over. As I've said many times, I've seen Fev lose afoore and will no doubt see us losing again! It's nowt new to me.
What's the beef???
Well your text sums it up! I know mark, he's a cracking lad! He says you're ok! But on here you come and you can't wait to make a ref to fev fans in bbother saturday night???? Intentionally or not, the association your association is with fev!
That [fax] forum is absolutely full of myopic crapola, with absolutley NO insight into ANY wrongdoing by ANY fax fan despite the police showing pics of those they wish to interview?????
The constant and obsessive villification of all associated with Fev - ("you disgust me" being a fav quote of E273), is rife on that board. It;s a common held opinion despite the evidence that I and many others have to counter that! i.e Fev fans are scum bags, - Fax fans only shout banter and are just engaging in self defence!! My botty!
So sorry if I don't yell for Fax in a final. Sorry I leapt up and down in joyous exhaultation when Leigh won! And yes I suppose I am sorry I get myself so wound up as to constantly find myself repeating this sheeeeite over and over again!!

That's my beef!!!!
Because of the vast majority of contributors on there, I currently have the feeling that if Fax went bankrupt, ceased trading and disappeared from rugby forever, I really wouldn't care!!!
Now in the morning, when I look at the world with different eyes i know I'll have a different opinion. But repated cobblers like the sheeite that Bulls hater posts on here, and many others on that fax forum, it continues to irritate the living sheeite out of me!!

So, Mark says you're ok! I respect mark's judgement!
Perhaps we'll meet for a pint - I have much less angst face to face!!

I should just listen to Faxcar!!!!!

Love and peace
Robin!

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: bulls hater "cos they had all had flat caps on and were sing fev songs. my mate had a fax polo shirt on and they went for him first some even told us where they were from'"

Go away you vile spouting, inciting tool!
It's people like you who continue to perpetuate this crapola!

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: marillion man "My mate Mark texted me on sunday during the NRC final to say he was the only 'Fax fan in Fev, very errrr Noble of him I.M.O.

So what's the beef with you guys ?
'"

Thing is, I would almost certainly have gone to the shay this aft! If Fev play on thursday I often get another game in on the weekend! Fax v York would have almost certainly been my chosen match this weekend!
As it is, I can't see myself ever going to the shay again. I believe I am not the only one. I don't expect anyone to follow my lead but that's just the way I feel at the mo!!

Perhaps, over time, I may change my outlook. But whilst ever the likes of 'buils hater' and his like continue to spout their crapola on their forum - I'll save my money for FEV.
Today, I, my mate sidnee and his car full would have gone to fax.Had a beer or two and come home. I realise that income is not going to cause another recession, but it's income Fax won't get this aft!!
Barmy isn't it!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star522No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The weak conform, the strong survive.:

Typo in his name, should be Bulls hitter. icon_stupid.gif icon_stupid.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star9No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

dont a026.gif the messenger here
glad fax lost but i was in blackpool all weekend and saw no evidence of the so called fax /leigh bashing
if there were 30 from fev there over the weekend god only knows how they dared to bait leythers n fax icon_beat.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: sidnee "Typo in his name, should be Bulls hitter. ha ha like it

26 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
26 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.01611328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC