JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: deslawson "A fair post dave,just a shocking performance which epitomises our season and leeds are not the team to turn that kind of performance against.Think chester has done ok this season bearing in mind 15 new faces at the start of the season,but our defence is our achilles heel as the score shows and to be honest I dont know what the solution is.'"

I think Chester deserves another year, but he really needs to bring in 4/5 quality players, which is going to be tough with no quota places or I dont see you challenging for the top 8 next year,

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7340
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

morning des, at least you manned up mate, hope you at least enjoyed the stadium, but its no place for losers as I know full well, alaways next year des

RankPostsTeam
International Star2015
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/a27.gif
Hull kingston rovers.:Others/a27.gif

Quote: hull2524 "morning des, at least you manned up mate, hope you at least enjoyed the stadium, but its no place for losers as I know full well, alaways next year des'"

Morning mate,a day to forget and two hours stuck in the car park didn't help,extra long journey home to say the least. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hull fans mass trolling after watching the best kid they've produced in a generation score 5 tries for another team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7340
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

it happens to most teams , not a problem for me, always liked Briscoe and still do,

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1988
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
997_1434186100.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_997.jpg

Quote: Tarquin Fuego "Up the Cream steal the show with 50 shades of sh*te

It may have been a 50-0 loss, but Hull KR were after all Wembley record breakers; suffering a record Challenge Cup final defeat and a record margin of defeat. Every cloud.
It’s common knowledge that Hull KR fans never ever bag their players. They never leave early either. Hahaha.
Wembley, Wembley, you’re the rubbish Kingston Rovers and you were nilled at Wembley.
Rumours are circulating that Shaun Lunt ripped his contract up after Hull KR failed to deliver their promise of major final success. You’d think a 30 year baron run would be enough to convince him not to sign in the first place.
Giraffes don’t make good pets, and they certainly don’t make good selections, isn’t that right Dane?
Hull KR fielded just three loanees in London, a small cry from the seven fielded against Halifax. Cheating sods.
Nil Hughell is said to be offering a new promotion scheme on let down claims, call 50-0-50-0 for more info.
Jeremy Kyle’s lie detector results are in after Grughell’s 30k bandwagon failed to deliver, instead resulting in a mass exodus after Briscoe’s fifth try.
When the Red Red Robin scores noth noth nothing at all..
Hull Kingston Chockers. Scott Taylor’s ‘Sssssshhhhhhhhh’ message went vital on social media.
Hull KR’s 10-5 bar has been abruptly altered to 10×5. We think it sounds much better.
The Wembley team coach has been understood to have gotten Rovers’ first points of the weekend, after receiving a fine for breaking the 50mph speed limit on the way home.
MISSING

TOO MUCH TIME, TOO LITTLE INTELLIGENCE AND NO CLASS.

Remind us how far FC got in all competitions this year

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: deslawson "Morning mate,a day to forget and two hours stuck in the car park didn't help,extra long journey home to say the least. I never park near the stadium - always a nightmare getting out. Best idea is parking at one of the outer Tube stations and taking the tube in. Can be cheaper as well.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Dave K. "I think Chester deserves another year, but he really needs to bring in 4/5 quality players, which is going to be tough with no quota places or I dont see you challenging for the top 8 next year,'"

Yeah, there's a risk of knee-jerk, I suppose, but yesterday was a sobering reminder of how big the gap to the top teams can be when they use that 'extra gear' they seem to have. We get these reminders at least a couple of times a season, it seems, and it is never pleasant. Even less so on that stage.

I definitely don't want another revolving door recruitment cycle. But there are some glaring weaknesses in the squad which were reflected consistently throughout the season as well as yesterday. Tbh, I don't think Leeds represent a sensible yardstick in the short or medium term. It'll be interesting to hear Jamie Peacock's take on it - whether you have to aim for the top, or be more realistic. He seems up for the challenge, but after so much success, getting his head around chasing 7th or 8th might take some adjustment.

Last year's supermarket sweep approach to recruitment, which ended up carrying on long into the season, inevitably led to some imbalance. Lots of loose forwards for example. I still think there's something to build on, but I think you are right and it needs to be 4 or 5 rather than just 2 or 3.

Minns is promising, rather than proven. Thornley is decent but has had his injury problems. Clarkson seems like a solid pro, but won't exactly add a lot of power to the backrow. We desperately need some go forward from our pack.

RankPostsTeam
International Star481No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69863_1359553342.jpg
[b:evlmmvj5][i:evlmmvj5][color=#FF0000:evlmmvj5]If it makes you happy it can't be that bad - Sheryl Crow 1996.[/color:evlmmvj5][/i:evlmmvj5][/b:evlmmvj5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69863.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "Yeah, there's a risk of knee-jerk, I suppose, but yesterday was a sobering reminder of how big the gap to the top teams can be when they use that 'extra gear' they seem to have. We get these reminders at least a couple of times a season, it seems, and it is never pleasant. Even less so on that stage.

I definitely don't want another revolving door recruitment cycle. But there are some glaring weaknesses in the squad which were reflected consistently throughout the season as well as yesterday. Tbh, I don't think Leeds represent a sensible yardstick in the short or medium term. It'll be interesting to hear Jamie Peacock's take on it - whether you have to aim for the top, or be more realistic. He seems up for the challenge, but after so much success, getting his head around chasing 7th or 8th might take some adjustment.

Last year's supermarket sweep approach to recruitment, which ended up carrying on long into the season, inevitably led to some imbalance. Lots of loose forwards for example. I still think there's something to build on, but I think you are right and it needs to be 4 or 5 rather than just 2 or 3.

Minns is promising, rather than proven. Thornley is decent but has had his injury problems. Clarkson seems like a solid pro, but won't exactly add a lot of power to the backrow. We desperately need some go forward from our pack.'"

Serious question then, how much input does Chester have into recruitment? And should Mike Smith take a lot of the heat? From an outsider looking in, it seems to me that each year MS takes a month long paid holiday to Australia and comes homes with several players he has lined up and passes them to Chester. Now granted he has found some gems over the years, Dobson for example, but when it doesnt go well he should be equally responsible?

Maybe I'm wrong and there is more to it? I just think any manager job is more difficult when decisions about who signs for the club are made by someone else? I get the feeling LR had more say (I may be wrong about that too).

But plenty of flack flying around about the team, certain players and some towards Chester, and yet no mention of MS who it seems from the outside is primarily responsible for the squad they have built?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Jimmy Carr "Serious question then, how much input does Chester have into recruitment? And should Mike Smith take a lot of the heat? From an outsider looking in, it seems to me that each year MS takes a month long paid holiday to Australia and comes homes with several players he has lined up and passes them to Chester. Now granted he has found some gems over the years, Dobson for example, but when it doesnt go well he should be equally responsible?

Maybe I'm wrong and there is more to it? I just think any manager job is more difficult when decisions about who signs for the club are made by someone else? I get the feeling LR had more say (I may be wrong about that too).

But plenty of flack flying around about the team, certain players and some towards Chester, and yet no mention of MS who it seems from the outside is primarily responsible for the squad they have built?'"

It's a reasonable question, but not one that I can answer. My impression is that Smith is more a contracts man than an identifier of talent, so he wouldn't be somebody I'd immediately think to apportion blame or credit to, in this regard.

I think the 'what next?' question that followed Morgan's departure was never answered convincingly. First there was the focus on 'potential', then later on grizzled old pros who wouldn't bullied, then Chester cleared then decks again.
If we're to move on and up, I think we need a more coherent and consistent strategy - philosophy even. Perhaps Peacock can provide that vision.

It hasn't been all bad these last 4 years by any stretch, and there were bad days under Morgan, but it has felt a bit... I'm struggling for the right word. We've kind of drifted, I guess.

RankPostsTeam
International Star481No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69863_1359553342.jpg
[b:evlmmvj5][i:evlmmvj5][color=#FF0000:evlmmvj5]If it makes you happy it can't be that bad - Sheryl Crow 1996.[/color:evlmmvj5][/i:evlmmvj5][/b:evlmmvj5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69863.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "It's a reasonable question, but not one that I can answer. My impression is that Smith is more a contracts man than an identifier of talent, so he wouldn't be somebody I'd immediately think to apportion blame or credit to, in this regard.

I think the 'what next?' question that followed Morgan's departure was never answered convincingly. First there was the focus on 'potential', then later on grizzled old pros who wouldn't bullied, then Chester cleared then decks again.
If we're to move on and up, I think we need a more coherent and consistent strategy - philosophy even. Perhaps Peacock can provide that vision.

It hasn't been all bad these last 4 years by any stretch, and there were bad days under Morgan, but it has felt a bit... I'm struggling for the right word. We've kind of drifted, I guess.'"

I think Peacock is a very clever addition to the club, I'm surprised Leeds have let this happen.

He will bring a winning mentality to the club, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as first team coach come the end of next season? I know not all great players make great coaches, but its hard to see how a team couldn't be inspired by someone like him, arguably the best forward this country has ever produced and a top bloke to boot.

You wouldn't have lost 50-0 yesterday with him in charge I doubt...

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Kosh "I never park near the stadium - always a nightmare getting out. Best idea is parking at one of the outer Tube stations and taking the tube in. Can be cheaper as well.'"

Your right I parked at Stanmore was home for 9.30

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png

Quote: Jimmy Carr "I think Peacock is a very clever addition to the club, I'm surprised Leeds have let this happen.

He will bring a winning mentality to the club, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as first team coach come the end of next season? I know not all great players make great coaches, but its hard to see how a team couldn't be inspired by someone like him, arguably the best forward this country has ever produced and a top bloke to boot.

You wouldn't have lost 50-0 yesterday with him in charge I doubt...'"

I don't think that is what he wants. he's identified a role where he believes he can make a difference, but it needs time and space that a head coach, constantly at the mercy of results, never gets.

You look at Leeds or Saints - the coaches change, but the results keep coming. A lot of that is to do with resource. But the the stuff around systems, process and culture, making the most of what you do have, is where I hope he make a difference.

My one concern is that he's always been at clubs with lots of resource available. Working within the constraints of Rovers budget might be difficult. If you know hiring another 5 back room staff would make a difference, being told it isn't affordable might be frustrating.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain95No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jimmy Carr "Serious question then, how much input does Chester have into recruitment? And should Mike Smith take a lot of the heat? From an outsider looking in, it seems to me that each year MS takes a month long paid holiday to Australia and comes homes with several players he has lined up and passes them to Chester. Now granted he has found some gems over the years, Dobson for example, but when it doesnt go well he should be equally responsible?

But plenty of flack flying around about the team, certain players and some towards Chester, and yet no mention of MS who it seems from the outside is primarily responsible for the squad they have built?'"

Not sure Mike Smith can be blamed for players who are signed, Rovers have people over there who recommend players and ultimately Phil Lowe and Chester will decide if they want them from dvd's.

Had Rovers not lost the final in such horrendous fashion I am not sure the finger pointing would be so deep however it should have been.

Willie Poaching is clueless, the players are happy to tell anyone who will listen.

And who on earth decided that kicking the ball dead from every set was a good tactic to deal with Hall, Briscoe, Hardaker etc? Did they not realise that by doing that and not turning these guys around you are just keeping them fresh to destroy you later?

It should have been kicked in and around the try line with good kick chase to ensure when they turned around the players mentioned were smashed near their own line.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2015
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/a27.gif
Hull kingston rovers.:Others/a27.gif

Quote: Kosh "I never park near the stadium - always a nightmare getting out. Best idea is parking at one of the outer Tube stations and taking the tube in. Can be cheaper as well.'"

No choice mate we went on coach.If we go again in car I would take your point without doubt.

70 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
70 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.630859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m