JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33934.gif
BLACK AND WHITES East is East,West is West, and never the twain shall meet. -------------------------------- "I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow.":33934.gif

Quote: Pickering Red "Congratulations to the Black and Whites. Richly deserved victory.

The margin of victory was perhaps a bit flattering, aided by bizarre Thaler decisions yet again, some appalling composure from The Robins in attack, missed tackles, misreads in defence and some bad luck on 50-50 balls.

Marc Sneyd was pure class in the first half. He was the difference. On that form HE DESERVES A SHOT IN THE ENGLAND SIDE. ADD DANNY HOUGHTON TO THAT AS WELL.

We looked toothless in attack. Bombed too many opportunities and Hull's defence stifled us. Unhappy with the soft way we conceded the tries by Steve Michaels. Otherwise no complaints.

Hull will win at least one of the 2 end of season main trophies.'"
No chance, they don`t play for Leeds or Wigan.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Got bummed by a far better side.
Still think Webster was an awful appointment.
Out of our pack Walker stood tall. The rest were battered like children.
Of our forwards only Walker, Lunt, Lawler and Greenwood are worth keeping. The rest can go. Too similar to each other or not good enough. Why have we re signed Donaldson. A trier, gallant and enthusiastic but....not up to it.
Clarkson...Jesus he's average and that's talking him up. What must the opposition think when he leads us out....
We've all on in the middle 8s which is a different competition than last year. Leeds Huddersfield and Salford are better teams than Wakefield, Widnes and Salford were. The championship teams will be better prepared. We've gone backwards.
We'll be favourites for the drop.
For me Peacock so far has been an awful idea and a shocking appointment when Chester rightly went cemented our season.
IF we stay up rumours of our possible recruitment so far are uninspiring.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Houghton deserves a chance at international I suspect his distribution isn't good enough but he deserves a dig at it..shaul and sneyd not good enough at present but saying that if matty Smith can play half for England then why not snide? Anyway not my problem. .finished re watching game on sky after being there.lunt and Kelly were awol Minichello and ellis did us again

RankPostsTeam
International Star2363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Off to kip..can't argue with overall result but hudgell needs to bring some pressure on thaler That 1st half was influenced by ref far too much.its getting beyond joke now with him and rovers.as someone posted few day ago if we end up in million pound game which looks increasingly likely and thaler is ref we are gone

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2059No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26533.jpg
FC TILL I DIE COME ON U HULL:26533.jpg

Quote: Pickering Red "Congratulations to the Black and Whites. Richly deserved victory.

The margin of victory was perhaps a bit flattering, aided by bizarre Thaler decisions yet again, some appalling composure from The Robins in attack, missed tackles, misreads in defence and some bad luck on 50-50 balls.

Marc Sneyd was pure class in the first half. He was the difference. On that form HE DESERVES A SHOT IN THE ENGLAND SIDE. ADD DANNY HOUGHTON TO THAT AS WELL.

We looked toothless in attack. Bombed too many opportunities and Hull's defence stifled us. Unhappy with the soft way we conceded the tries by Steve Michaels. Otherwise no complaints.

Hull will win at least one of the 2 end of season main trophies.'"

I thought I was a closer game than the score line, and I have to agree you got few bad calls and the bonce of the ball did go our way I can not disagree with that but for me our will to win was excellent and for a change we looked like we really wanted it more than you which is not always the case in the end it was a good clinical performance from us with Jordon Abdul playing really well which was pleasing to see, the power we have all over the park told in the end we are a hard team to control when we get going forward, the 4 teams in the middle 8s from super league look very tasty and will dispense with the championship teams easily your only worry is injuries

RankPostsTeam
International Star3059No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Bullied and battered, we didn't look interested IMO. Until we learn how to do a basic tackle well keep missing 40 odd a game and we'll keep on losing. Defence wins you games, someone needs to tell our coaching staff that

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2150
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47557_1332937611.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47557.jpg

Quote: LifeLongHKRFan "Nah. Hull to get their form back and seal our fate in the middle 8s. I can see Hull pushing 40 points with Rovers getting maybe 2 or 3 scores. We outplayed Hull in the derby at CP and for large parts at the magic weekend and still came away with nothing so I can't see past a Hull win on Thursday.'"

Looks like i was pretty spot on,

RankPostsTeam
International Star4719No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66802_1403264854.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66802.jpg

Quote: craig hkr "Houghton try was offside..just watched it back.Thornley dragged in touch afrer ball carrying arm down should have been penalty to kr.3rd try off back of it. 18- 0 halftime thaler job done. Saying that rovers deserved nothing playing like that. Very disappointing Tilse Blair greenwood and walker were trying.the rest were poor.kelly and allgood worthy of particular criticism. That hull side had Bowden Thompson washbrook and ffs kebab dull. Amazed they are so high in league but the league don't lie at this stage of season.Watching it now I still can't believe how crap we were..needs ripping up and start again .2 big 2nd rows imperative.thaler was thaler but we didn't give a toss'"

Not sure what you singled those players out for. Are you trying to make it out as if they are poor? The only Rovers forward who can possibly match up to Bowden is Walker. Just look at what the lad did to Donaldson.

DGM
RankPostsTeam
International Star2490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73680_1515668157.jpg
[size=85:3idnpzvq]Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017. Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013. League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983. League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.[/size:3idnpzvq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73680.jpg

Quote: craig hkr "Houghton try was offside..just watched it back.Thornley dragged in touch afrer ball carrying arm down should have been penalty to kr.3rd try off back of it. 18- 0 halftime thaler job done. Saying that rovers deserved nothing playing like that. Very disappointing Tilse Blair greenwood and walker were trying.the rest were poor.kelly and allgood worthy of particular criticism. That hull side had Bowden Thompson washbrook and ffs kebab dull. Amazed they are so high in league but the league don't lie at this stage of season.Watching it now I still can't believe how crap we were..needs ripping up and start again .2 big 2nd rows imperative.thaler was thaler but we didn't give a toss'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Bitter much?

Houghton wasn't offside

Thornley was still moving. A tackle isnt complete just because the ball carrying arm is down. The player has to stop moving too. You should blame the poor organisation of your own team going short side against 3 defenders.

Referee blah blah blah

Great post

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

I thought lawler was excellent for you last night. walker was his usual self and tilse had his best game that I've seen him play. The rest of your forwards are cack though and kelly did his usual disappearing trick against us. We were better than we have been but still some way off our best and had thaler not given you every decision in that last half hour and starved us of posession and field position, I'm confident we'd have scored 50 points

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47753_1430033772.jpg
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47753.jpg

Quote: Burtons Forearm "Got bummed by a far better side.
Still think Webster was an awful appointment.
Out of our pack Walker stood tall. The rest were battered like children.
Of our forwards only Walker, Lunt, Lawler and Greenwood are worth keeping. The rest can go. Too similar to each other or not good enough. Why have we re signed Donaldson. A trier, gallant and enthusiastic but....not up to it.
Clarkson...Jesus he's average and that's talking him up. What must the opposition think when he leads us out....
We've all on in the middle 8s which is a different competition than last year. Leeds Huddersfield and Salford are better teams than Wakefield, Widnes and Salford were. The championship teams will be better prepared. We've gone backwards.
We'll be favourites for the drop.
For me Peacock so far has been an awful idea and a shocking appointment when Chester rightly went cemented our season.
IF we stay up rumours of our possible recruitment so far are uninspiring.'"

I liked webster has a player has a coach at this level no last night at half time sky was in the dressing rooms what a difference radford who i dont like doing what a coach should do walking round talking with the players james just sat on is ARSE who ever the new coach is he has got a job on come on rovers cheer us up name him if we have a new coach

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner25511No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Massive clear out needed and some tough decisions.

Need to totally change your recruitment policy and use your quota places better such as not on weak props, injury prone halfs and wingers (when you have other priorities)

I'd look to get rid of Campese, Tilse, Algood and Sio ( expensive luxury player)

Need at least 6 players including two props, backrower, FB and a halfback.

Easier said then done, I wouldn't have any confidence in Peacock who seems to only use his Leeds/Bradford contacts.

If your signings are Clarke, Addy and Scruton then you have big problems.

Williams is a gamble, but I reckon he could well in SL, if he can be bothered.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach682No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29582.jpg
:29582.jpg

17 errors (not bad by our standards!) and 50 missed tackles - absolutely shocking!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8495
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We were better than previous weeks, but still a lot of improvement needed. Lawlor was great for youy, Walker too and the Dane Train had the best game i have seen from him - but the physicality of the ull side couldnt be matched. A couple of dodgy decisions each way i thought - Penalty to Minichello first half when he dropped it, but evened out by the one against pryce in the 2nd half. You need some pace and power for next year but youll have no problem in the 8's i dont think. Just make sure you beat Leigh - I am starting to hate them as much as i do you!

Also - to the poster who mocked Washbrook, Bowden, Thompson, Abdull..... Bowden has been superb this year, as has Washbrook. Abdull showed what he is capable of, assured, calm, creative and very strong in the tackle

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

The right team won last night.

I was surprised that Houghtons try was not referred to the video ref, but the replay suggests he was level,

Thornley was pushed into touch, rather then being dragged. If you watch the game back on Sky, Silverwood explains the difference.

Not sure why you are making comment on Hull players (particularly Bowden and Washbrook who have been consistent high performers this season), when you had a player in Albert Kelly who simply went through the motions.

You need to get over this "Thaler has it in for us" idea. He really doesn't. I see no one is crowing about Thaler not giving a forward pass from Lunt for Walkers try.

Your quote of ". Amazed they are so high in league but the league don't lie at this stage of season" is a bit of a paradox. If the league doesn't lie, why is it so amazing?

However your comment of " I still can't believe how crap we were" is the one you need to focus on. I am not a fan of Cockayne, but if the rest of your team had the passion he has (and he doesn't just do it against Hull) you probably wouldnt have been embarrassed on live TV.

98 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
98 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.48876953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Film game
Wanderer
Recent
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Howfenwire
11s
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
11s
Whitehaven
PopTart
28s
Call for funds
Bubba
28s
Saints h
Zig
36s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
42s
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
46s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Armavinit
50s
Play offs
workforce11
1m
Shopping list for 2025
Tarquin Fueg
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Play-offs
Septimius Se
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
workforce11
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Alffi_7
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
RobRiches
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,904 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20