JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Burtons Forearm "Wow I missed the worst debut ever. Is that referring to Ulugia? He did more with the ball than Salter has managed in 2 seasons. He actually put his winger away down the touchline 1st half. Lots of tries down his side but didn't look his fault.
Too many players back in one go. Brown destroyed us today in his slippers.
We were dumb. Hodgson had a shocker. Took loads of wrong options. Hall.....well if I was one of our forwards I'd kill him.
Stepping into touch when he caught a kick down field was a new career high light to go with his numerous lost balls and missed touch finders from penalties.
Played terribly but should have beat a side in 5th who've won 5 on the run.
We could finish anywhere from 5th. Injuries will have a big say on who finishes where. Widnes lose Brown they're f++ked. We have a bit of cover.
Our neighbours however. I felt terrible after the game but Radford's interview on humberside had me pi##ing myself.'"
I thought we where fuxked when Joe Mellor was a longterm injury.Craven has played decent and I am looking forward to joe Mellor in a few weeks time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12260
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33934.gif
BLACK AND WHITES East is East,West is West, and never the twain shall meet. -------------------------------- "I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow.":33934.gif

Quote: Gallanteer "But if the coach isn't supplying any decent game plans they have to make it up as the go along, which is how they looked today.'"

Must be something in the Hull air.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47753_1430033772.jpg
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47753.jpg

For the last couple of seasons we on hear have moaned about the same thing but nothing gets done why, one minute we win 3 or 4 games then we go to pieces what is going on and when will it end icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12260
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33934.gif
BLACK AND WHITES East is East,West is West, and never the twain shall meet. -------------------------------- "I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow.":33934.gif

Quote: cravenpark1 "For the last couple of seasons we on hear have moaned about the same thing but nothing gets done why, one minute we win 3 or 4 games then we go to pieces what is going on and when will it end You are beginning to sound like a Hull fan. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47753_1430033772.jpg
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47753.jpg

Quote: barton baird "You are beginning to sound like a Hull fan. BLOODY HELL I HOPE NOT icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1508No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
57568_1334000514.jpg
[img:2pcx3msc]http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/7529993577759154018[/img:2pcx3msc]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_57568.jpg

At home, in the main I've been impressed with our intensity starting games. Even though some of the performances haven't been great, our attitude and enthusiasm in the forwards has been much improved from previous CS years. However, for whatever reason we looked lethargic. I can't be d to stat this, but I seem to recall previous years where we had a week off and struggled the next match too. Green has some way to go, from impact interchange prop to starting prop. J. Walker, no surprise he’s been cited for something. Every tackle he looked like conceding a penalty. A bit of liability to me.

Ulugia, CS has to take the blame for me. Our right side looked weak all game, and that’s saying something when the opposite was Welham and Hall. It’s hard to critically evaluate his first half performance from the east stand, but his 10 minute 2nd half cameo was dreadful. I agree Salter has his attacking deficiencies, but the decision to start Ulugia with the apparent intention to change him with Horne doesn’t sit for me. You can say Ulugia needs game time, but imo it looked like he lacked general fitness not just lack of match practice. In a wider debate, I think Welham needs to seriously up his game.

I don’t think Keating / Burns partnership is fully there. Burns seems to dictate and receive more ball over Keating. For me Burns excels in scattered off the cuff plays and Keating picks up the scraps so to speak. May go some way to why some sets we look lost. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that Hodgson having an off day, resulted in the team also off. He really is the heart beat of the team. Not won over by Langley. Costigan is showing promise. But we really did look like a team that would leak points. 34 pts isn’t good enough. After positive steps fwd recently, Sunday’s result felt like a back to square one moment. Even more so, when we got ourselves into two score lead and seemingly gaining control.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3059No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

we went 2 scores up and thought it was job done, Widnes went 2 scores down and thought let's have a go at this. we turned off after the drop goal instead of turning the screw.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach347No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We need to totally start fresh and get a new quality 1-5 to take us to the next level IMO, totally not good enough!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30566.jpg
I don't see it as a job. It is a passion and love that we all share. Neil Hudgell:30566.jpg

Quote: ☺East-Sard☺ "At home, in the main I've been impressed with our intensity starting games. Even though some of the performances haven't been great, our attitude and enthusiasm in the forwards has been much improved from previous CS years. However, for whatever reason we looked lethargic. I can't be d to stat this, but I seem to recall previous years where we had a week off and struggled the next match too. Green has some way to go, from impact interchange prop to starting prop. J. Walker, no surprise he’s been cited for something. Every tackle he looked like conceding a penalty. A bit of liability to me.

Ulugia, CS has to take the blame for me. Our right side looked weak all game, and that’s saying something when the opposite was Welham and Hall. It’s hard to critically evaluate his first half performance from the east stand, but his 10 minute 2nd half cameo was dreadful. I agree Salter has his attacking deficiencies, but the decision to start Ulugia with the apparent intention to change him with Horne doesn’t sit for me. You can say Ulugia needs game time, but imo it looked like he lacked general fitness not just lack of match practice. In a wider debate, I think Welham needs to seriously up his game.

I don’t think Keating / Burns partnership is fully there. Burns seems to dictate and receive more ball over Keating. For me Burns excels in scattered off the cuff plays and Keating picks up the scraps so to speak. May go some way to why some sets we look lost. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that Hodgson having an off day, resulted in the team also off. He really is the heart beat of the team. Not won over by Langley. Costigan is showing promise. But we really did look like a team that would leak points. 34 pts isn’t good enough. After positive steps fwd recently, Sunday’s result felt like a back to square one moment. Even more so, when we got ourselves into two score lead and seemingly gaining control.'"

Agree on all points made!

RankPostsTeam
International Star20No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

To be fair Ulugia looked like a player who hasn't played for a long time - but in my opinion you could see enough positives to see there is something there. He was out of position a number of times, which could be down to him playing centre when all his stats have been from playing on the wing or FB!

He did make a couple of cracking tackles and showed some good handling. Think he has shown enough to get another crack.

But if it is the intention to play him there, then it should be for the 80, not to swap with a 2nd row! But with the way both centres played, Salter must be wondering what he has to do to get another shot!

Just my opinion - but I would have Salter and Disco starting against Salford. At least they can BOTH defend, with Whelham and Hall getting the week off.

RankPostsTeam
International Star112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Craig Sandercock has had some plaudits of late and rightly so.
But on Sunday he got it so so wrong, he for some reason is trying get Ulugia in the team asap? Why not send him to Gateshead to get up to speed? We all know Caro is not the finished article but to ship him off to Gateshead is ludicrous, if he is intent on getting Ulugia in the team and Caro out of it just do the straight swap?
Poor Liam Salter is the one i feel for most unless he was injured?
Liam, Gardner Burns and Larroyer have defended really well down that side.
Salter is a proper grafter, give me him over a few untouchables any day of the week.

RankPostsTeam
International Star450No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: markylever5 "Why not send him to Gateshead to get up to speed?'"

pretty sure hes not allowed re his visa, us or nothing i think, Sandercock got a few things wrong in a week where so many bodies were playing for the 1 st time in a while and may struggle for match fitness why put a back in who is gonna need subbing due to fitness? crackers that, Salter dropped Welham keeps his spot, cant fathom that, Craig Hall cant fathom him at all. On a side note watched town v country if someone can teach Caro to jump like the Town winger he would improve as an attacking threat overnite i dont mean leap like a salmon just jump off the floor. Did anyone confirm how long a contract Sandercock got by the way? not that im worried bout a bad run like last year

RankPostsTeam
International Star1479No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/007.jpg
:simpsons/007.jpg

Langley is a total waste of a shirt for me. Offers absolutely nothing in attack. And by god, i'm so happy he's only on a years contract. If Mariano is to replace him, then that's an improvement.

Craig Hall is another but in the opposite mould, Greg Eden in disguise. Great going forward (with the more than occasional brainfart), and cr@p in defence. I think that the lack of a constant position in the side is effecting him, and this has got to be the poorest season that he's had with us. We've shipped Eden out for less. So how does keep getting in the side?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1508No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
57568_1334000514.jpg
[img:2pcx3msc]http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/7529993577759154018[/img:2pcx3msc]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_57568.jpg

Quote: Hessle rover "Langley is a total waste of a shirt for me. Offers absolutely nothing in attack. And by god, i'm so happy he's only on a years contract. If Mariano is to replace him, then that's an improvement.

Craig Hall is another but in the opposite mould, Greg Eden in disguise. Great going forward (with the more than occasional brainfart), and cr@p in defence. I think that the lack of a constant position in the side is effecting him, and this has got to be the poorest season that he's had with us. We've shipped Eden out for less. So how does keep getting in the side?'"

Keating missing the last few weeks for starters. In theory, I guess it's a possibility that he was included vs Widnes with the view that Keating wasn't quite 100%. CS seemingly didn't see Hall as part of his first choice wingers at the start of the season, so it's confusing that suddenly he was picked ahead of Caro or Hodgson now. His foot in touch incident in front of CS, and some poorly timed offloads/errors probably haven't gone down too well. Still, he kicked a decent drop goal I suppose to give him his dues.

I confess to being a bit of a Hall fan. I like having his 1-7 flexibility, but other than offering that cover - that's all he is. Not a bad bench option, but I think CS prefers having Horne and/or Carlile in that role.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1479No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/007.jpg
:simpsons/007.jpg

I'd be a Hall fan if it wasn't for the Greg Eden style brain farts. Every time I see him with the ball I allways think that he's going to lose it. And it seems a lot worse this year. Another uncoachable player going backwards at a rate of knots to me.

63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.69970703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
Wollo-Wollo-
2m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
3m