JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

the original sandy, no aussie imitation!:

Quote: hull smallears "You are alright then, as Dobson will be fit for the Leeds game, certainly Wigan. I wonder if he will play though?'"

dont know where you've got this from, dobson will not be fit for leeds for sure and I'd think it's unlikely he'd be fit for the wigan game

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

Quote: hull smallears "You are alright then, as Dobson will be fit for the Leeds game, certainly Wigan. I wonder if he will play though?'"

Only if Berrigan's Bitch releases Mason's passport from her knicker drawer...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2397No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44595.jpg
[quote="Adeybull"] so the panel took the same view as your excellent assessment.[/quote]:44595.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "That's not what I'm saying.

Morgan has spent 5 years building a well-drilled side of non-marquee players and a great reputation off the back of it. Mason is a marquee signing. In my opinion, which I am entitled to, Mason and the cash he requires, would not have been a recruitment priority of Morgan when you already have Newton, Galea, Murrell, Cook, Watts and Taylor to play in the back 3 but, for example, your hooking options are Fisher and Hodgson. Club representatives have spoken a lot about Mason in the context of box office and merchandise. It's not an outrageous suggestion that, given the squad composition before Mason signed, Mason would not have been Morgan's dream signing.'"

Do you really think that?
Fitzy - top try scorer in the NRL before coming over to us just pops into my head for a start.
Im not saying hes in the same light as Mason but hes already got the great reputation before he arrived here.
We also have afew NRL winners with great reps before coming here - again maybe not in the same limelight as Mason but how many clubs have. My answer is NONE in the last 5 years at least.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5659
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32444_1318716838.jpg
[quote="Philip Larkin":2lhqd089] There ain’t no music East side of this city That’s mellow like mine is, That’s mellow like mine. [/quote:2lhqd089]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32444.jpg

Quote: phleastyler "A friend of mine brought this up today, one to think about maybe.

The last time we had a bit of unrest/people calling for heads etc was a fair bit after the paul cooke signing and his disruptiveness, apparently a hudgell signing and not one morgan wanted, could this be a similar thing with mason, hudgell looking at the finances he'd potentially bring in etc and not a player morgan necessarily wants?? Not my opinion but made me think about it. maybe a bit of substance to it, i dunno, first game offloading like a good un, nothing like since?

probably just co incidence and 6 year it ago it would have been a pipe dream signing mason but it did make me think a bit about it all!

Thoughts???'"

Got to say the thought has crossed my mind.

If anything, because of the desperation to get him here at [iany[/i cost and the unfettered glee when it happened took me straight back to Cookiegate and Hudge's behaviour then.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Although i will always have the utmost respect for JM for the fantastic promotion season and the heroic 1st season in SL, i have long been a critic of the direction in which he then chose to go.

He was given carte blanche by the board to assemble a squad of his own choosing to follow the "survive, consolidate, challenge" mantra.., we should be well into the challenge phase now, however the squad he alone has put together at maximum cost to the club is not fit for purpose. There is no-one else to look at here with regards the make up of the squad. Mason could be a fantastic signing for the club but i somehow doubt JM will ever get the best out of him. As has been alluded, he isnt the typical lowish profile Morgan "type" and i dont think JM can handle such players..

You must remember that decent player he was, JM isnt a massive name in Australia, hasnt played rep football of any note and has no coaching credentials of any note over there., he doesn`t have any great pull as such and has been reduced to basically using one agent in Australia and one here for his entire stay. This is entirely to our detriment as the player pool we are competing in is drastically reduced..Mason is very much an opportunist signing ( i happen to know a couple of our better signings of recent years were almost by complete chance and not down to any scouting or planning) and not in the "plan".., the fact that the "plan" is not working and never will work is by the by, he should at least attempt to get the maximum from Mason for the benefit of the club who pay them both handsomely..

There is little point in calling for his head , it would achieve nothing mid-season and i doubt the chairman ever would let his mate go, and in any case we would struggle to attract a coach of real quality unless paying very silly money, the make up of the squad has gone so far in the wrong direction it requires major surgery to make it anything like a serious player in SL and there is no facility for a quick fix..JM did in fact have the opportunity to sign the best player in the world at one time , something i think would have done a "Warrington" for Rovers, but decided the bloke wasnt worth the very big money he wanted, we of course spent the money anyway and where are we..??

I honestly think JM will walk at some point, whether it be now or next year or the year after, he will walk before he is ever pushed, to me he has lost that spark or perhaps a bit of interest or perhaps just realises he has taken the wrong route and there is no easy way out of it, his grail is Wembley but we would need the sweetest of draws just to make the semis in our current state, stranger things have happened i suppose, but if we do crash out of the Cup then although it will be season over it will get interesting...

RankPostsTeam
International Star1508No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
57568_1334000514.jpg
[img:2pcx3msc]http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/7529993577759154018[/img:2pcx3msc]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_57568.jpg

Quote: Larry Billey " but if we do crash out of the Cup then although it will be season over it will get interesting...'"

More like depressing! Imagine the usual cup hangover this year ...

Can't really disagree with any of the points about the way JM has gone about things but have no idea ref the signings bit ... Geeko will be able to confirm?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

Quote: Larry Billey "

You must remember that decent player he was, JM isnt a massive name in Australia, hasnt played rep football of any note and has no coaching credentials of any note over there., he doesn`t have any great pull as such and has been reduced to basically using one agent in Australia and one here for his entire stay. This is entirely to our detriment as the player pool we are competing in is drastically reduced.'"

I'm not sure if this is what you're saying but I don't think you necessarily have to have been a great player to make a great coach, I'm also not sure (although our complete reliance on Riolo does seem strange) that that has lead to him as a coach having a limited draw for players.

Quote: Larry Billey " the "plan".., the fact that the "plan" is not working and never will work is by the by, he should at least attempt to get the maximum from Mason for the benefit of the club who pay them both handsomely..

'"

Whatever "The Plan" is, I would agree it doesn't seem to be delivering a well balanced side, I'd be interested to hear what you think "The Plan" currently is and what it actually should be?

There is little point in calling for his head , it would achieve nothing mid-season '"

I completely agree, if we are to change coach then we need to completely change all the structures and set up throughout the playing side of the club from the juniors upwards and move in a totally different direction. That cannot be done mid season unless we were prepared to write off the remainder of that season in order to give a new broom time to sweep.

Quote: Larry Billey "JM did in fact have the opportunity to sign the best player in the world at one time '"

Lockyer?

I honestly think JM will walk at some point'"

I think he has to if he has any serious ambition to further his career, however, now is not the time. I do think we will ride out this bad patch and that Morgan will become a better coach for it. Unless something goes spectacularly wrong between now and that time I personally will wish him well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8546No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17507_1286953982.jpg
Know your Enemy:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17507.jpg

Quote: sandy "dont know where you've got this from, dobson will not be fit for leeds for sure and I'd think it's unlikely he'd be fit for the wigan game'"

I got this from the same place as when I said Dobson would need an op and be out for 10 weeks. I was scorned then as well as other times I have been right. However, the same person also told me he does not believe that Dobson will ever play for Rover again. Make of it what you want, but this comes from people that are proper Rovers fans, part of the loyal following for years, with connections. (I also got some bum info from the same sources....!!! )

It all depends on the Tonga passport I guess in truth. It ain't here though is it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

I'd expect hkr, if the rfl allow them, to off load either Galea or Clinton to keep Dobson.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

the original sandy, no aussie imitation!:

Quote: hull smallears "I got this from the same place as when I said Dobson would need an op and be out for 10 weeks. I was scorned then as well as other times I have been right. However, the same person also told me he does not believe that Dobson will ever play for Rover again. Make of it what you want, but this comes from people that are proper Rovers fans, part of the loyal following for years, with connections. (I also got some bum info from the same sources....!!! )

It all depends on the Tonga passport I guess in truth. It ain't here though is it.'"

I've no idea what the state of play is regarding passports or anything else, I do know though that I had a similar operation to what dobson had a while back so know how long it takes to recover and I know for a fact unless he is superman there is no way he will be fit for leeds and I'd be amazed if he was fit for wigan.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29160No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: sandy "unless he is superman '"

Thought he was superman? icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: Big Dave T "Thought he was superman?
I think that's Brent Webb.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29160No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Staffs FC "I think that's Brent Webb.'"

Ah my mistake. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7348
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

some of rovers train at llyodes, dobson and newton been there doin rehab, got to say both smashing blokes wow that pains me ha ha, but fair play there are good lads, newton looks and is cert walking better than dobson,who i must say looks a fair way off playing imo. i so hate it when rovers players come across well,its just not fair,

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: sandy "I've no idea what the state of play is regarding passports or anything else, I do know though that I had a similar operation to what dobson had a while back so know how long it takes to recover and I know for a fact unless he is superman there is no way he will be fit for leeds and I'd be amazed if he was fit for wigan.'"

He still had his boot on last week prob need few weeks of physio to strengthen the ankle so Ur right impossible I reckon if he has the boot of then could be looking at quins game that's if passport is here.

76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.55908203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Staying or Not
Les Norton
12m
New Players
Deadcowboys1
23m