JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47753_1430033772.jpg
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47753.jpg

Quote: Burtons Forearm "If we go down we're f#cked....finished.
In a 1off game this team will get bummed by Salford or Huddersfield because they have better players.
Peacock's recruitment was appalling 1 decent player 4 tu#ds.
We are worse than we were under Sandercock.
Why we went into the play offs with Webster still in charge is beyond me.

Ps shall we club together and buy Jake a girlfriend. He needs human company.'"

IF we do go down thats me done after 50 odd yrs I will cancel sky sports because thats all I have the sports Chanel for

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Seriously is this the hull kr or the thundershark forum????????????????? On the other hand im glad im not renewing my pass after that performance we should get our money back! My money's on London next week.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70807_1599340376.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70807.jpg

Quote: cravenpark1 "IF we do go down thats me done after 50 odd yrs I will cancel sky sports because thats all I have the sports Chanel for'"

I [iHave Not[/i come here to gloat at all ....

cravenpark this seems unlike you & if I am honest a little disappointing.

Not saying you will drop or that Leigh will go up (too many ifs & buts yet) but there is life outside of Super Dooper League & it ain't that bad, some good teams, good Clubs & some good RL *OK it's at a different level, but it can be good*.
Well run Clubs still go toe to toe with SL opposition *Salford, Wakefield, Warrington, Leeds, yourselves obviously* & Bradford, Halifax, Fev ain't too shabby.

Mathematically nothing is done, worth bearing in mind.

Thanks to all the KR fans who have offered up a "well done" too ....
You know who you are.

icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

Nice post, the bloke above, and I honestly, from a sporting point of view, hope Leigh get promoted.

I do not think I have ever been so angry watching my club in my life.

Before I speak about Rover's, it's only correct to congratulate Leigh. They were the better side from about minute twenty two until the end.

Leigh controlled and bossed the game, they stood up for each other, realised where they were going wrong and fixed it. Leigh dropped a lot of ball in the first half hour, then clearly had a word about it at half time and suitably changed their tac tics.

Rovers.

This is professional Rugby League, right?

This is what I pay for?

What I've been paying for, since I was six years old and my Mum and Dad made the terrible decision to take me to Old CP?

RankPostsTeam
International Star217No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's ok, Ste100Centurions .....We know you haven't come here to gloat.

What you say about "well run clubs" is true, unfortunately we are not a well run club ......We are run by a petulant child who calls fans who question his decisions and "speak the loudest" as "s" and he is constantly issuing statements that put the blame for our demise on others (30% was an awful pre-season, 40% is on-going injuries to a large number of players, 20% historic poor long term recruitment, 10% bad luck) and puts none of the blame on himself and the decisions he has made ......Even though he stood by and watched us sign championship standard players and actually thought that they would somehow turn out to be great Super League players. Even before a ball was kicked this season every Hull KR fan stated that we will be in the Qualifiers this year and fighting for our survival, but yet our petulant child somehow thought otherwise ......It seems that our petulant child relishes his privileged position and somewhat loves his privileged position more than he does our club ......I say this because we all know that he is a multi-millionaire .......He has the finances to permanently take Hull KR out of the red and make Hull KR a top Super League team. He is a multi-millionaire that actually had the finances to buy out his nearest competitor and render them obsolete ......I know that I don't have the right to question how a multi-millionaire spends his money, but when that multi-millionaire states that he is an avid fan, takes a loan from another multi-millionaire (Allam) to rescue his club from financial bankruptcy, state that those fans who question his authority "don't have the balls to do it" knowing full well that they don't have the millions to do it, all I can conclude is that our Chairman loves power and wealth more than he does his "beloved" Hull KR ......If you disagree and feel as though I am being harsh towards our petulant child, then ask yourself, how much would you pump into our club if you were a multi-millionaire?

Hats off to Adam Pearson! .....He is a business man who has pumped millions into Hull FC and he is now starting to witness his return ........Well done that man!

RankPostsTeam
International Star6904
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73643_1666630451.jpeg
[img:v6cgff03]http://s26.postimg.org/9xie34xyh/leigh1.png[/img:v6cgff03]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73643.jpeg

Quote: Zook Ema's Hose "Whilst there is understandable panic in the fan-base the strong likelihood is we won't be going down whether we end up in the MPG or not.

All our difficulties and I mean all of them stem from poor management. Poor coaching appointments. Pants-down recruitment. Ineffective youth set-up. A B.O.D. so obsessed with the 80s it's a joke.

The malaise of the club short term is a reflection of mainly the recruitment whether props that don't run their weight and steal a living or halves that just don't play. But on the halves Kelly came with a one season wonder then take the piiss tag and Campese was shot. Who TF did the due diligence then? We get what we deserve. Campese BTW is by Webbo's admission fit to play. Do the maths on why he's not playing.

Long term- who do we expect to attract? Addy and Scruton says it all. With John Keable going and taking onward investment with him being linked with players from teams not even in the Middle 8s should be sounding alarm bells. Who this mystery coach is if he even exists (and it's a question) is anyone's guess but we are told we will be very pleased. Like Peacock said we would not be in the qualifiers. I would ask for the board to set out with the honesty Neil likes to bang on about the mistakes made but it would yet again be littered with references to Hull FC like his blog.

After all is said and done we'll be in super league again next year but still stuck with average or injury prone players on big long term deals we can't afford to pay them out of so expect another long and painful season same as this one.'"

Will you?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach682No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29582.jpg
:29582.jpg

Quote: Geoff Tipps "It's ok, Ste100Centurions .....We know you haven't come here to gloat.

What you say about "well run clubs" is true, unfortunately we are not a well run club ......We are run by a petulant child who calls fans who question his decisions and "speak the loudest" as "s" and he is constantly issuing statements that put the blame for our demise on others (30% was an awful pre-season, 40% is on-going injuries to a large number of players, 20% historic poor long term recruitment, 10% bad luck) and puts none of the blame on himself and the decisions he has made ......Even though he stood by and watched us sign championship standard players and actually thought that they would somehow turn out to be great Super League players. Even before a ball was kicked this season every Hull KR fan stated that we will be in the Qualifiers this year and fighting for our survival, but yet our petulant child somehow thought otherwise ......It seems that our petulant child relishes his privileged position and somewhat loves his privileged position more than he does our club ......I say this because we all know that he is a multi-millionaire .......He has the finances to permanently take Hull KR out of the red and make Hull KR a top Super League team. He is a multi-millionaire that actually had the finances to buy out his nearest competitor and render them obsolete ......I know that I don't have the right to question how a multi-millionaire spends his money, but when that multi-millionaire states that he is an avid fan, takes a loan from another multi-millionaire (Allam) to rescue his club from financial bankruptcy, state that those fans who question his authority "don't have the balls to do it" knowing full well that they don't have the millions to do it, all I can conclude is that our Chairman loves power and wealth more than he does his "beloved" Hull KR ......If you disagree and feel as though I am being harsh towards our petulant child, then ask yourself, how much would you pump into our club if you were a multi-millionaire?

Hats off to Adam Pearson! .....He is a business man who has pumped millions into Hull FC and he is now starting to witness his return ........Well done that man!'"

Couldn't agree more GT, people I know fairly well joined the BOD not too long ago with a view to injecting some cash, and promptly left due to the way the club is run from the top. It's very much his train set and everyone else has to follow suit. In some respects I can totally understand, he pumped A LOT of his own money and effort into the club when no one else was interested and has taken us much further than I could ever have imagined 15years - for that I will always be grateful. Really not sure of where we go from here, except get prepped for trips to Oldham / Batley etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

Quote: Geoff Tipps "It's ok, Ste100Centurions .....We know you haven't come here to gloat.

Hats off to Adam Pearson! .....He is a business man who has pumped millions into Hull FC and he is now starting to witness his return ........Well done that man!'"

You wouldn't have been in sl is it wasn't for him.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain109No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bob bob bobin robin "Couldn't agree more GT, people I know fairly well joined the BOD not too long ago with a view to injecting some cash, and promptly left due to the way the club is run from the top. It's very much his train set and everyone else has to follow suit. In some respects I can totally understand, he pumped A LOT of his own money and effort into the club when no one else was interested and has taken us much further than I could ever have imagined 15years - for that I will always be grateful. Really not sure of where we go from here, except get prepped for trips to Oldham / Batley etc.'"

No one can ever question his commitment to the club or financial contribution but like any regime that is in place for a long time the my way or the highway mentality increases along with ego. RC promoted The big Listen in January supposedly to take views of fans but in reality to try and placate us after another derby hammering. The update was that the board would discuss it in April..

The club is in turmoil. Watching the game back they said the playing group had told Kelly what they thought of him. The return from Australia line also looks shaky - this was known earlier in the week yet the club rushes out a statement an hour before kick-off? No coach sorted and quality recruitment made nigh on impossible due to long contracts given to average players. Coach stating our captain is fit to play but not playing. Awaits another blog telling supporters to pipe down. We won one play-off game six years ago after all what a fantastic era.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47753_1430033772.jpg
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47753.jpg

Well now you have got that out of your system 1 you are wrong to call him a child 2 how old are you 3 have you been their when we was in danger of having to merge with hull and not even had any hope of watching rovers in any league he got us to were we are and I hope he gets us back again yes he has made mistakes we are all guilty of that I like james webster but he is not a coach of a super league club

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Everything just smacks of doing it on the cheap at Rovers recently. I dont know if it's Hudgell not wanting to continue throwing good money after bad, or other investment disappearing, or simply the new stand not bringing in the expected income. It just kind of seems like if there's a way to save money, you are doing it.

Cheap recruitment, Webster in charge, merging the 19's (Hull are guilty of this too of course) not running a reserves team. All things that cut costs, but are having a negative impact on the field.

You can blame as many things as like, but this is professional sport, and if you survive this season (I still think you will ffiw) the only way you are going to take any significant steps forward is by serious investment in the playing and coaching teams, because currently they are just not good enough. If Hudgell can't do this then he needs to start being honest instead of blaming everything and everyone he can think of.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Whoever is to blame, there is definitely someone (more than one person) repeatedly making poor decisions at your club. I'd be surprised if peacock worked in an environment where decisions were being made that he didn't agree with so have to believe he is at least part of the problem and obviously hudge must have a big hand in things. Whoever it was appointed webster either didn't care whether you got relegated or was so blinkered they thought you'd stay up irrespective of who was coaching you. As for a new coach, here you are 4 weeks away from the end of the season and you're still not sure who will be coaching you next year. Surely there were plenty of coaches around when you sacked chester who could have done a good job without running the risk of being relegated?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22112
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7078_1361913407.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7078.jpg

Should Peacock be slating fans on social media?

Quote: "
Jamie Peacock MBE @JamiePeacock10
Sunday morning read for the keyboard warriors.
Take note and then climb back behind the comfort of your screens.'"

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman16250
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
953.jpg
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!:953.jpg

Wondering if his twitter feed might have been a little hot last night

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "Everything just smacks of doing it on the cheap at Rovers recently. I dont know if it's Hudgell not wanting to continue throwing good money after bad, or other investment disappearing, or simply the new stand not bringing in the expected income. It just kind of seems like if there's a way to save money, you are doing it.

Cheap recruitment, Webster in charge, merging the 19's (Hull are guilty of this too of course) not running a reserves team. All things that cut costs, but are having a negative impact on the field.

You can blame as many things as like, but this is professional sport, and if you survive this season (I still think you will ffiw) the only way you are going to take any significant steps forward is by serious investment in the playing and coaching teams, because currently they are just not good enough. If Hudgell can't do this then he needs to start being honest instead of blaming everything and everyone he can think of.'"

Having achieved the goals of getting up, staying up and becoming competitive, the club lost momentum/direction. With hindsight, the first warning sign should maybe have been the Willie Mason saga. 'Building for the future' always made me nervous - who, as a player in their prime, wants to be involved with a club that is aiming to be successful not now but later? The same worry returned with Peacock's downer on short-termism, as if it is an alternative to rather than a pre-requisite for long-term success. It might still all work out, And I obviously hope it does, but it has been an enormous gamble.

On the spending less/allocating resource poorly thing, it is hard to tell. When Rob Crossland talks about the big-spending vanity of our early years in SL, or Peacock refers to 'deals and deals', the implication as I read it is that we used to spend more, and that other clubs spend more now. But then, we're frequently told that we're at the cap. While the complexities of the cap mean that both could be true, it is an unclear message. Possibly deliberately so, to protect people who made poor decisions in good faith, while also seeking to pre-empt 'chequebook out' calls. The problem is that it creates confusion, and when we're losing, a lot of 'wtf is going on?' type questions.

All that has been compounded this year, by starting the season badly undercooked, and going for a smaller more mobile team that 'likes to play footie', when other clubs are getting much better results from more pragmatic approaches.

73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.42041015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
Cbr1000rr
8m
Recruitment rumours and links
Kevin Turvey
21m