JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2006Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14736.jpg
[quote="disco dave":2u4bebko]Some of the fans of the Hull board are as thick as pig s**t.[/quote:2u4bebko] Haven't Gateshull Thunder Sharks FC fans got better things to do than troll on Hull KR's board??? - Like paying Hull FC Ltd out of bankruptcy and sending their development area franchaise back to Gateshead.:14736.jpg

Quote: Gavin Miller - Legend "Maybe Hutchie,UllFC or one of the other B&W's who post on this Forum can shed light on what i heard yesterday.

Apparently Hetherington and co want out of Hull.
They approached Adam Pearson to see if he would buy out them out and were POLITELY
Why don't they ask David Lloyd? icon_twisted.gif

Seriously though, this is effectively the David Lloyd situation happening all over again as all of the £2.8M debt is owed to the board themselves - they are the creditors icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif

Trying to find a person who will buy an RL club with this much debt would prove to be incredibly difficult...

Thank god our beloved Hull Kingston Rovers is run by true fans and not the likes of Hetherington and co... icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17123_1311448581.jpg
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17123.jpg

Quote: Richie Robin "Why don't they ask David Lloyd? After all they cant be paying their top earners much can they??
I mean £20,000x20 it only come's to 4mill..........................
Oh crumbs!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

Realistically who in their right mind (other than a fan) would buy a RL club? To buy Hull they would have to spend 2. something to pay off the existing debt, then pay whatever the assets/value of the club was (not much despite their creative accounting!). That would be close to 3million you would think. And the return? Last year 4 grand! Leave the money in the bank mate!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach34No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19594.jpg
:19594.jpg

Quote: Roverswall "But they will pay that off this year wont they??
After all they cant be paying their top earners much can they??
I mean £20,000x20 it only come's to 4mill..........................
Oh crumbs!!'"

I would think quite a few of Hulls first team are on more than £20,000; but I'm not sure that £20,000 x 20 = 4 million

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2576
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

easty wrote"If you want to watch the best R.L players in the country then at the moment you'll be choosing Leeds or Hull F.C. If you want to watch your R.L in one of the best stadiums in the country you'll be again wanting Hull F.C.":

Quote: JB Down Under "Realistically who in their right mind (other than a fan) would buy a RL club? To buy Hull they would have to spend 2. something to pay off the existing debt, then pay whatever the assets/value of the club was (not much despite their creative accounting!). That would be close to 3million you would think. And the return? Last year 4 grand! Leave the money in the bank mate!!'"

It isn't difficult to make a business run at a large loss,especially when the debt is owed to the directors who are running the business.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner53839No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Twitter - @MaddyHFC:

Quote: dave m "I can see a massive shift in power very soon.
with Hull fc gates getting smaller HKRs getting bigger
a new super stadium going to happen in east hull.
Rovers on the up
Hull fc going further down the league 7th at the moment.
And with the financial situation Hull in the red (figures to be released soon)
Rovers with money to spend.
The whole squad at rovers playing as a team and enjoying there rugby
Hull fc with in fighting john kerr to be sacked sooner rather than later
players not wanting to play.
things certainly look more rosy at craven park.
who knows hull may get relegated this season and rovers may go up.
Hull fc playing with no heart or passion getting stuffed at home.
Rovers playing with flair and pride.
Rovers having one of the very best playing surfaces in rugby league.
Hull fc having a shared cabbage patch to play on.
I rest my case
Its Wovers year I tell yer, honest it is icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6326No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19385.jpg
HULL FC 6 HULL KINGSTON ROVERS 42 AT THE KC. BalearicHullFan wrote: I must admit I had forgotten writing that, so well done you have one over me on that one. My unreserved aplogises for been wrong. BalearicHullFan wrote: Not this year it won't. I've always said Cooke will transfer to Hull KR eventually, I think thats pretty much common knowledge, however it won't be in 2007 and its very, very unlikely to be in 2008 either. Sal Rossi quote How can I compete with one as well informed as you? You are the all-seeing eye and I bow to your superior knowledge Chris28 I have to say that Dave m's inside information about the comings and goings at both Rovers and FC is mightily impressive. Dibs XIII wrote: Briscoe's gonna sign his new contract for Hull in the next week!!:19385.jpg

Quote: BESTY "It isn't difficult to make a business run at a large loss,especially when the debt is owed to the directors who are running the business.'"

Besty directors are not idiots there business men/women. If they don't get a return they will bail out. kath hetherington for example.
im not winding you up or anything but the title of this thread is closer than you think. This has gone on for years and always will.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17198
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: Marwood "I would think quite a few of Hulls first team are on more than £20,000; but I'm not sure that £20,000 x 20

considering we have a salary cap of £1.8million...that is what we spend on wages.

and we have minimal other staff, only plummer, kath, the marketing guy, and some shop and admin staff...which wont be breaking the bank.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach34No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19594.jpg
:19594.jpg

Quote: UllFC "considering we have a salary cap of £1.8million...that is what we spend on wages.

and we have minimal other staff, only plummer, kath, the marketing guy, and some shop and admin staff...which wont be breaking the bank.'"

i know

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17123_1311448581.jpg
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17123.jpg

Quote: Marwood "I would think quite a few of Hulls first team are on more than £20,000; but I'm not sure that £20,000 x 20 Whoops im seeing extra zeros again icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6326No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19385.jpg
HULL FC 6 HULL KINGSTON ROVERS 42 AT THE KC. BalearicHullFan wrote: I must admit I had forgotten writing that, so well done you have one over me on that one. My unreserved aplogises for been wrong. BalearicHullFan wrote: Not this year it won't. I've always said Cooke will transfer to Hull KR eventually, I think thats pretty much common knowledge, however it won't be in 2007 and its very, very unlikely to be in 2008 either. Sal Rossi quote How can I compete with one as well informed as you? You are the all-seeing eye and I bow to your superior knowledge Chris28 I have to say that Dave m's inside information about the comings and goings at both Rovers and FC is mightily impressive. Dibs XIII wrote: Briscoe's gonna sign his new contract for Hull in the next week!!:19385.jpg

This thread is becoming reality icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2576
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

easty wrote"If you want to watch the best R.L players in the country then at the moment you'll be choosing Leeds or Hull F.C. If you want to watch your R.L in one of the best stadiums in the country you'll be again wanting Hull F.C.":

Quote: dave m "This thread is becoming reality
Why is it,because we've changed our coach?imo it's less likely to happen now kear has gone.And if the rumoured buy out comes to fruition we'll be even further ahead. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner14306
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7063.jpg
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.:7063.jpg

Quote: BESTY "Why is it,because we've changed our coach?imo it's less likely to happen now kear has gone.And if the rumoured buy out comes to fruition we'll be even further ahead.
Erm because of your recent result's, Knocked out the Challenge Cup at the first hurdle. The clear showing by your board of what your club is all about with the sacking of John Kear. And for a buy out it obiously means there is something there that Hetherington is worried about. If Hull was on such a good footing then she wouldn't sell would she Especially for the amount rumoured to be involved? Sinking ship I'd say. While at Rovers everything is quite the opposite.

And it's less likely to happen now you've a new coach? What with Mcnamara Pahhhhh stop kidding yourself. Whats true is at the moment your team is on the slide and Rovers are most certainly on the up.

Disagree and you'll be laugthed off this board like the fool you are.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1592
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hull on the slide? Read my post (on the other Hull Fc forum) regarding results since last May and I think you will realise that Hull with the exception of the C Cup and play-off game last year have been poor for almost a year. Off the field discipline is at the root cause of this and Plummer and Swain have intimated this recently. Kears departure may resolve this issue.

As far HKR on the up, well only time will tell. I have yet to watch you this year but for me you have not faced anybody who you would expect to have given you a half decent game apart from Bradford and Hull who both beat you. If you manage to beat the likes of Leigh and Widnes then you may allow your self bragging rights if you forget to take in to account:

The last derby
The one before that
The one before that (Moral victories discluded)
Fan base
Super League
KC stadium
Average attendances
Annual turnover
Sponsorship deals
.....etc etc

Its a bit like the England / Scotland, Man U / Man City thing. Once in a while the fans at the inferior nation / club have an opportunity for a gloat at the other teams expense and good luck to you. It has been a long time coming.

Unfortunately ,as in the examples I have used, this will be very fleeting and normal service will resume shortly.

Enjot you moment of "triumph" icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2007Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15540.jpg
[quote:3towfz71] [b:3towfz71][size=117:3towfz71]I eat Robins for breakfast!![/size:3towfz71][/b:3towfz71] [/quote:3towfz71]:15540.jpg

Quote: spegs "Hull on the slide? Read my post (on the other Hull Fc forum) regarding results since last May and I think you will realise that Hull with the exception of the C Cup and play-off game last year have been poor for almost a year. Off the field discipline is at the root cause of this and Plummer and Swain have intimated this recently. Kears departure may resolve this issue.

As far HKR on the up, well only time will tell. I have yet to watch you this year but for me you have not faced anybody who you would expect to have given you a half decent game apart from Bradford and Hull who both beat you. If you manage to beat the likes of Leigh and Widnes then you may allow your self bragging rights if you forget to take in to account:

The last derby
The one before that
The one before that (Moral victories discluded)
Fan base
Super League
KC stadium
Average attendances
Annual turnover
Sponsorship deals
.....etc etc

Its a bit like the England / Scotland, Man U / Man City thing. Once in a while the fans at the inferior nation / club have an opportunity for a gloat at the other teams expense and good luck to you. It has been a long time coming.

Unfortunately ,as in the examples I have used, this will be very fleeting and normal service will resume shortly.

Enjot you moment of "triumph"
eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

434 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
434 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.66943359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Captain Hook
14m
Grand final Tickets
muttywhitedo
14m