FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull KR > Hudgell after 5000 pass holders.
73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
RankPostsTeam
International Star58No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: atomic "What does that have to do with your clubs season tickets and shirt sales exceeding previous seasons sales?

Another one who thinks he's still in SL..'"

The response, you seem to have taken inexplicable exception to, was to part of your statement regarding a 'few departments'. I gave a personal opinion of the playing department which I am sure you can understand does have an impact on the commercial aspect of any club.

Could you please point out the words or phrases used that would indicate that I still think my team is still in super league? I ask because I am struggling to see what you have seen in my post.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: hezza1969 "The response, you seem to have taken inexplicable exception to, was to part of your statement regarding a 'few departments'. I gave a personal opinion of the playing department which I am sure you can understand does have an impact on the commercial aspect of any club.

Could you please point out the words or phrases used that would indicate that I still think my team is still in super league? I ask because I am struggling to see what you have seen in my post.'"

I'm failing to see what was wrong with your post to be honest

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2059No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26533.jpg
FC TILL I DIE COME ON U HULL:26533.jpg

Quote: hezza1969 "The response, you seem to have taken inexplicable exception to, was to part of your statement regarding a 'few departments'. I gave a personal opinion of the playing department which I am sure you can understand does have an impact on the commercial aspect of any club.

Could you please point out the words or phrases used that would indicate that I still think my team is still in super league? I ask because I am struggling to see what you have seen in my post.'"

changing the subject slightly most rovers fans I have spoke too after the initial shock and embarrassment of going down seem more enthusiastic about this coming season than most for a while, maybe its because they are looking forward to watching a winning team for the first time in quite a few seasons and looking forward to going home from a game with a smile on their face after a game you could say has a club you are where your happiest a big fish in a little pond , this may explain to great uptake of shirts and passes

RankPostsTeam
International Star58No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fc-eaststander "changing the subject slightly most rovers fans I have spoke too after the initial shock and embarrassment of going down seem more enthusiastic about this coming season than most for a while, maybe its because they are looking forward to watching a winning team for the first time in quite a few seasons and looking forward to going home from a game with a smile on their face after a game you could say has a club you are where your happiest a big fish in a little pond , this may explain to great uptake of shirts and passes'"

That is one way of looking at it and if those supporters you have spoken to said that they want to stay in the championship then you have hit the nail on the head. However, I think for most of us there was a realisation that our club needed us. I think the reaction to relegation is more of a Blitz/Dunkrirk spirit kind of attitude rather than looking forward to winning some games.

Although watching a team that wins more than we have recently will be nice.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

Quote: fc-eaststander "changing the subject slightly most rovers fans I have spoke too after the initial shock and embarrassment of going down seem more enthusiastic about this coming season than most for a while, maybe its because they are looking forward to watching a winning team for the first time in quite a few seasons and looking forward to going home from a game with a smile on their face after a game you could say has a club you are where your happiest a big fish in a little pond , this may explain to great uptake of shirts and passes'"

Back handed compliment duly noted.

I always like it when people say "Duly noted", as if they have a little book that they record these things in.

I'm now just waiting for Kross Keith to come and tell me off again.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Never mind coming away from the game with a smile, I'm looking forward to going into games with optimism. We couldn't really compete with half the league over 80 minutes by the end of our SL tenure. Hope for a win had become trepidation about an embarrassing defeat. And ultimately resignation.

I'll certainly be happier if we do turn out to be a tuna in the Championship than I was last season, when we were a small, wounded and confused whitebait. We had our share of misfortune, and then some, but tbh it was a bit of a shambles. I can't imagine many won't be very eager to get back though.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain30No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think there are a few reasons, a little bit of Dunkirk/blitz attitude as hezza mentioned but also the realisation of how badly we had lost our way in SL.
We now have a great coach and a decent squad that has a good balance of experience and young raw talent. The positives are that we can use the experience to learn and blood the young lads and hopefully return to SL stronger and better.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

After watching championship rugby for many seasons I definitely don't want to be here I just think we need to take a step back to go forward as we've been going nowhere for about four years

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2059No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26533.jpg
FC TILL I DIE COME ON U HULL:26533.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "After watching championship rugby for many seasons I definitely don't want to be here I just think we need to take a step back to go forward as we've been going nowhere for about four years'"

to all who replied all fans are the same look at hull city they was getting better crowds in the championship on there promotion run than they are now in the premier league it would not surprise me to see your home support increase after a few games people love a winning teams no mater who you support or who your playing after all rugby is entertainment and we pay to be entertained and go home happy, what ever happens this year in the middle 8s if you do not make it back at the first time it will not be for lack of support I'm certain of that the truth is no matter how good your support is its a lottery being based over a few games rather than a whole season

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: fc-eaststander "to all who replied all fans are the same look at hull city they was getting better crowds in the championship on there promotion run than they are now in the premier league it would not surprise me to see your home support increase after a few games people love a winning teams no mater who you support or who your playing after all rugby is entertainment and we pay to be entertained and go home happy, what ever happens this year in the middle 8s if you do not make it back at the first time it will not be for lack of support I'm certain of that the truth is no matter how good your support is its a lottery being based over a few games rather than a whole season'"

It can go the other way when your going to a game knowing your going to win easily that can get a bit boring I am looking forward to the season and it will help seeing a winning team with players who want to play for the club I just hope it's one season

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain801No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!:

Quote: fc-eaststander "to all who replied all fans are the same look at hull city they was getting better crowds in the championship on there promotion run than they are now in the premier league it would not surprise me to see your home support increase after a few games people love a winning teams no mater who you support or who your playing after all rugby is entertainment and we pay to be entertained and go home happy, what ever happens this year in the middle 8s if you do not make it back at the first time it will not be for lack of support I'm certain of that the truth is no matter how good your support is its a lottery being based over a few games rather than a whole season'"
there is no way we will get better crowds in the championship than superleague but they may increase if we get in the middle 8s as we should most rovers fans were just happy to be in superleague and not expecting to win too many games . but we were not the worst team last year you saw yourself what happened so we may be able to pick off wakey, Salford. leigh . etc next year and be a bit wiser if it happens and maintain superleague status

RankPostsTeam
International Star1182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

If Rugby League Rocks, then Hull KR is its Soul.:

We are in the Championship on merit. Any team that cannot prevent the opposition from scoring twice in the final 2 minutes of a "must win" game deserves to be in our position right now.

That said, we weren't the worst team in SL last year, but our coaching and recruitment went into reverse after Justin Morgan departed.

The relegation should give us a great opportunity to regenerate our optimism and refuel our winning mentality under one of the game's top coaches. It will be far from a walk in the park but it is an opportunity we ought to capitalise on. The signs are promising.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

One of your issues next year will be a lack of competitive games for the first 23 rounds. Doesn't look likely you'll be challenged on a regular basis so won;t really prepare you well for the middle 8's

Also rumoured you have quinlan and shillington coming over so you will easily have the best team in the championship but look a bit short of experience in key positions for me. Having said that I think leigh, widnes and salford will al be poor next year so I still think you have a strong chance of being promoted

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Jake the Peg "One of your issues next year will be a lack of competitive games for the first 23 rounds. Doesn't look likely you'll be challenged on a regular basis so won;t really prepare you well for the middle 8's

Also rumoured you have quinlan and shillington coming over so you will easily have the best team in the championship but look a bit short of experience in key positions for me. Having said that I think leigh, widnes and salford will al be poor next year so I still think you have a strong chance of being promoted'"

I would have agreed with you on the first point if it wasn't for the fact that the season Leigh failed miserably in the middle 8s they played a few SL teams in the CC beaten two of them last season they hadn't played anyone decent all year and were unbeaten except for the first game so who knows

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain30No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's optimism that we can learn, build and come back stronger that is driving our supporters at the moment. Not the possibility of watching a winning team every week at a lower level. Different mentality to that encountered at the kcom.

73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.00537109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Captain Hook
Recent
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent