FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull KR > Three scores up and...
49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rover 2000 "he must be thick if hes your mate keep trotting'"

He's as mahogany as you.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain801No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!:

Quote: WIZEB "He's as mahogany as you.'"
are you a hampton of withernsea or gisumville icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rover 2000 "are you a hampton of withernsea or gisumville
Yes. I'm on the electoral roll. icon_biggrin.gif
I gave you to much credit.
More balsa than mahogany.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sau should have seen red. Again we are on the wrong side of it Tomkins perfectly good try wiped off. Lack of speed at PTB.Missed tackles and poor end to sets. Should have won that but until we have our key men playing with heads up and controlling things we invite teams back in. Hastings milking penalties and being generally grubby doesn't mask the fact he's the best half in the league

RankPostsTeam
International Star2363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: WIZEB "Yes. I'm on the electoral roll.
Disappointing today but looking forward to listening to Radfords heroes tomorrow. I like a bit of beach fishing so With is fine place

RankPostsTeam
International Star3064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We'll always be perenial under achievers untill we sort out our defencive problems, missed tackles, dropping off tackles, shooting out of the line.
We never improve in these areas year after year, no matter who the coach is.
Last week half time came at the right time, unfortunatly it went against us today because we went in thinking the job was done and we never got going again. Credit to Salford for jumping on us as we dozed off

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1330No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20187.jpg
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.:20187.jpg

On the one hand Rovers could so easily have won - if the Tomkins try had been allowed (and Joel is adamant it should have been) it would have been all over at 28-14 yet a minute later it was 22-18.

Then after repelling some very good Salford play with resolute defence we give away the softest of soft tries to go behind and lose. Very frustrating and annoying.

On the other hand Salford were the better team for the majority of the game and deserved to win. Rovers seemed to have a strategy of hanging on to the 22-8 half time lead but handing over the initiative like that is asking for trouble and trouble eventually came.

For me the warning signs were there when we were so pleased with ourselves for losing 28-14 at Warrington. At half time today at 22-8 I said that I just hope we aren't too pleased with ourselves. We probably were not , we didn't give in by any means but we did try to shut up shop and hang on. It might have worked but it didn't.

I hope very sincerely I will be proved wrong but I see us in the bottom 4 again this season, with away games at Cas & Wakey next up we are looking at a likely 2/6.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

We were totally dominated in the second half another try after half time would have closed the match out but you could just see what was going to happen

RankPostsTeam
International Star2363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not seen the stats but it feels like we had enough chances to score fair few more points. Hooker and Halves ain't firing and poor game management in the 2nd half let Lui and Hastings run riot again. If I was Sheens I'd be getting a new hooker in this week as a priority and then thinking very hard about dropping McGuire for Atkin. Atkin only played few minutes and was a waste of an interchange when Jewitt may have helped us front up a bit more? Can't rely on Garbutt doing it on his own every week. The whole lot of them need a rocket up them.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

FWIW, having watched it on on Hull KR tv, I don’t think many neutrals will have much pity regarding Tomkins disallowed/unawarded try.

I remember Liam Watts getting one vaguely similar for us after a video review a few years ago. But at full speed it looks like a knock on. If he was grounding a kick, he might have been in with a better shout.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain109No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm surprised and disappointed we bottled it but in truth we had the game sewn up and just took our foot off the gas. I'm happy with the forwards and we will only improve when Jewitt returns. Mulhern, Garbutt, Masoe and Jewitt are a top half set of props without a doubt. Main worries are hooker. Especially next week as McShane is quality. It's also looking a year too long for Mcguire but I think he will come good and next week we should be bossing their halves because of the experience and quality advantage we have. I actually feel confident going into the Cas game. Today they fielded Jordan Rankin, Egodo, and Claire - hardly world beaters. We should have a good idea regards Top 5 aspirations after the next couple of rounds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1330No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20187.jpg
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.:20187.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "FWIW, having watched it on on Hull KR tv, I don’t think many neutrals will have much pity regarding Tomkins disallowed/unawarded try.

I remember Liam Watts getting one vaguely similar for after a video review a few years ago. But at full speed it looks like a knock on. If he was grounding a kick, he might have been in with a better shout.'"

The still pictures do prove pretty conclusively that it was a try I think if it had been on SKY with all the technology it would have been given.

It wasn't and Salford were good value overall.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1479No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/007.jpg
:simpsons/007.jpg

We are just a very dumb team. Maguire needs to sit on the sidelines until called upon this season now. Atkin to the halves instead. But while we are at it, a rocket up Drinkwaters arris would do.
Our direction and descision making is amateur at best from the halves. Maguire has gone a season too long. That break away from Addy in the second half used to be bread a butter for Mags to follow up on a players shoulder,but whether he’s got the desire or the speed anymore that’s anyone’s guess. What is the point to carry on with Maguire anyway when it’s his last season and we’ve a perfectly good England knights up and coming halve being d1cked around on the bench.
We all could see that Dagger should of been full back from the off and now fans are asking at atkin re-enstated, I hope Sheens sees sense and changes things around.
Btw, how bad was Kienhorst yesterday!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Hessle rover "We are just a very dumb team. Maguire needs to sit on the sidelines until called upon this season now. Atkin to the halves instead. But while we are at it, a rocket up Drinkwaters arris would do.
Our direction and descision making is amateur at best from the halves. Maguire has gone a season too long. That break away from Addy in the second half used to be bread a butter for Mags to follow up on a players shoulder,but whether he’s got the desire or the speed anymore that’s anyone’s guess. What is the point to carry on with Maguire anyway when it’s his last season and we’ve a perfectly good England knights up and coming halve being d1cked around on the bench.
We all could see that Dagger should of been full back from the off and now fans are asking at atkin re-enstated, I hope Sheens sees sense and changes things around.
Btw, how bad was Kienhorst yesterday!'"

Tbf, McGuire agreed to come to us when we were a Championship team and play at that level if needs be. I’m sure he’d admit he’s not at the level he was 5 or 10 years ago.

I like Atkin, but I don’t think he’d make a big or immediate difference. His form hasn’t been great so far this season either. If it was him in the halves and McGuire on the bench, there’d likely be calls for our experienced, highly-paid, multiple grand final winning, former international to come back in to steady the ship after defeats. icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1479No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/007.jpg
:simpsons/007.jpg

That were we differ MR. I think Atkins form hasn’t been great because he hasn’t been played in his correct position. He’s no full back and we all know that.
And if you think Maguire is 5 years past it then that pretty much answers my question with who should partner Drinkwater.

49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
CobraCraig
5m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
13m