JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sit down, Waldo "Enjoyed that. Half an hour of pre season cobwebs & then some real promise. Line speed needs to pick up, but kicking game looked good & we seem to have some genuine strike players. Bit disappointed at how many times our kickers & ball players were taken late though.'"

I must admit I thought we were lucky not to be penalised a couple of times for blocking chasers off.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach347No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Think we may need to invest in a decent fullback instead of hooker to be honest! Dixon looks woeful in that first half imo, second half when he was on the wing was a different story though! Maybe start mantellato at FB next week against wire if he's not injured. Players that's stood out for me today was Kelly, Sio, Burke, allgood, weyman, campese, green. Bit dissapointed with goulding who I thought was making some a fair few poor defensive reads in the first half that rovers where lucky to not be punished for! Must say he did steady himself and look better second half though. SR may be a big weakness for us this year but let's wait and see. Overall though, great performance from the boys and if we play well against wire could be rolling into the Leeds game with a lot of confidence and off the back of some good performances!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner14305
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7063.jpg
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.:7063.jpg

Quote: little coatsy 112 "Think we may need to invest in a decent fullback instead of hooker to be honest! Dixon looks woeful in that first half imo, second half when he was on the wing was a different story though! Maybe start mantellato at FB next week against wire if he's not injured. Players that's stood out for me today was Kelly, Sio, Burke, allgood, weyman, campese, green. Bit dissapointed with goulding who I thought was making some a fair few poor defensive reads in the first half that rovers where lucky to not be punished for! Must say he did steady himself and look better second half though. SR may be a big weakness for us this year but let's wait and see. Overall though, great performance from the boys and if we play well against wire could be rolling into the Leeds game with a lot of confidence and off the back of some good performances!'"

For Goulding you have to remember Coatsy that that will be his 1st game back after breaking his leg so hasn't played a game for many months. Steady but unspectacular derby that I'm sure he'll be relieved to get out the way.
For Mantelatto with his size he'll be better suited on the wing. We Deffo saw a couple of times when he went up for high balls that he's going to be massive in that area for us, especially when you take into account the types of cross field kicks that Kelly and Campese seem to enjoy putting in.Dixon was rusty I'm hoping that's all because with his speed you saw on more then one occasion that he nearly profits from getting away from the first chasers.
We looked god in the 2nd half and we should only get better better and better. Fast backs and effective halves and with Walker and Bailey to come into the side I'm left with mouth watering ideas of how good Bailey, Walker, Allgood and Weyman can actually be.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1326No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62076_1319959059.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62076.png

I cannot speak highly enough of James Green; he's bulked up and full of confidence, and for me made a massive impact when he came on and I would say he led the charge in the second half along with the very good Mitch Allgood.

I also thought Jordan Cox continued where he left off last season with strong direct running.

The potential for next season is mouth-watering however it would be even more if we had a decent 9 - very disappointed with Carlile although Boudebza looks a good prospect (for 15mins). With a good 9 in the ranks then we might have a good season to look forward to.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8741
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Easty "For Goulding you have to remember Coatsy that that will be his 1st game back after breaking his leg'"

When did that happen?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner14305
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7063.jpg
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.:7063.jpg

Quote: SirStan "When did that happen?'"

Oops a serious knee injury rather.

RankPostsTeam
International Star447No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Overall I think you have to be happy with that. Stand out's for me were kelly ( could be a big signing!) campese was a steadying influence allowing others to steal the show, allgood & green in that second half were very good and dominated against all props they come against. Sio, class - What odd's for him top scorer? Boubedza's distribution looks solid and he look's lively. I thought gudzek when he came on looked excellent and slotted in very well and burke looks very strong and confident with the ball. Donaldson added some enthusiasm when he came on and made a number of top tackles and hard yards - he is a workhorse no doubt.

Negatives - Not to many. Carlile tackles well, but brings nothing in attack. However the fact when he was on the pack were getting dominated does not help. 1st half defenseive fragility with welham & campese down that side, but maybe you can applaud the lines ran by minichello. Dixons defensive fullback abilities are in question, but can you leave him out of your team when he can score tries from anywhere on the pitch which is something we have lacked for a long time. If i am really picky our centre's did not excel, but rarely did to much wrong.

As a 1st hit out together after a rusty start as expected we looked very capable, and the togetherness and character was excellent which is always good to see. Positive signs, but like the team we shouldn't get to carried away. Onwards an Upwards I hope! RRTR

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach420No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38071_1425645248.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38071.jpg

Would much prefer Ben C at full-back but agree, Dixon needs to play somewhere. I am concerned with the hookers though. At the mo of the two I would stick with Carlile as he deserves his chance but really hope Chezzy is still looking to strengthen there

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7339
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

Typical game of 2 half's . first half we bullied you in the middle second half you had all the ball and boy did you use it well. Looking back at the game again I think you guys will trouble teams and I also think if we keep our 13 on we will do well .

RankPostsTeam
International Star627
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think we should stick with dixon at full back he didn't do to bad yesterday he dropped 1 bomb and fell for minichellos outrageous step, but his pace in centre field will be a massive plus for us this season and sio and either Ben c or manatello will have the wing spots covered, and i will add that when we signed French John i wasn't really pleased about it but seeing him in 2 games now i will admit i was wrong and he looks a good player

RankPostsTeam
International Star3059No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hull2524 "Typical game of 2 half's . first half we bullied you in the middle second half you had all the ball and boy did you use it well. Looking back at the game again I think you guys will trouble teams and I also think if we keep our 13 on we will do well .'"

I think it was to be expected that you'd have the upper hand in the first half seeing as we were blooding so many new faces.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8741
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mean_machine " Sio, class - What odd's for him top scorer? '"

22-1

rlhttp://www.skybet.com/rugby-league/super-league/event/17085111rl

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8741
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Oafy "I think we should stick with dixon at full back he didn't do to bad yesterday he dropped 1 bomb and fell for minichellos outrageous step, but his pace in centre field will be a massive plus for us this season'"

I'd agree, well worth persisting for the time being. Miniciello's side step was reminiscent of Galea's at Magic Weekend in 2009 v Warrington.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2015
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/a27.gif
Hull kingston rovers.:Others/a27.gif

Quote: SirStan "22-1

rlhttp://www.skybet.com/rugby-league/super-league/event/17085111rl'"

Ken sio 33-1 at corals,25-1 at ladbrokes top regular season try scorer. Bit of value IMO.

RankPostsTeam
International Star447No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Playing outside goulding whose an excellent assist player, and pinpoint kicks continuing in yesterdays form, and albo kelly making numerous breaks down that side 22/1 or any odds above 20 is well worth a each way bet at least. I'm on it.

With regards dixon, would it maybe be worth in defense moving him to the wing and mantelleno at fullback, if mantelleno is better defensively. ( not saying he is, just has a more conducive frame for getting in the way ) and then in attack allow dixon to play the running type fullback following up on breaks and half breaks etc as well as chiming into the line and mantelleno on the wing to finish and pluck kicks out of the air? A lot of messing about but could be the answer if done correctly. Anyone's thoughts?

61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.6865234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
jonh
15m
Hull KR H
MattyB
20m