FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull KR > Hudgell And Crossland set to stand down.
431 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28490_1361478234.jpg
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28490.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "I don't think so. It's been coming for a while. My attitude was always a make the most of it while it lasts. And it has been good.

They've done nigh on a decade, it has to be draining on more than just your bank balance. Unless they're trying to flush out any buyers, I think it is just prep for a dignified exit. Which they deserve.'"

Well MR I have always regarded you as one of the most sensible posters on this forum, and once again I think you've hit the nail on the head. I sincerely hope that this is not the case and that Rovers are able to carry on, be it in Superleague or the Championship. Unlike many on here I have no animosity towards them, but will obviously always want my team to be top dogs. Good luck to our local rivals.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This is the time when you find out what the RFL are really like. Like we all know if it was Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington they would be straight out there helping out no problem.

Anyone else it dosent matter. They will have a good excuse now. Do we really need 2 Hull clubs in SL?

I hope it dosent happen and I am black and white. I love the rivalry and am a long life fan. Its just those that have been supporting since SL that will be happy. When you were in the championship it wasnt the same having Leeds as out derbies. So I really hope something can be done for you. This is also another excuse that they can use to say they want it back to 12 SL teams and promotion and relegation which if KR do go down then someone else is going to follow who is also in the same situation, or going that way.

Thats my thoughts anyway but maybe I am wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Kosh "Very wise given your widely expressed faith in Larvin. Lesson learned?

Hope your new source is better than last time.'"

There were rumours circulating in the Hp bar last week that the club were talking to a person or persons in relation to the clubs future, but as you have alluded to, people are a little cautious after the Larvin debacle and a little reluctant to speculate to much.
We will just have to wait and see what unfolds over the next few weeks.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: airlie "This is the time when you find out what the RFL are really like. Like we all know if it was Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington they would be straight out there helping out no problem.'"

In fairness, ongoing losses are our issue rather than a debt that might be sorted with some kind of bail out.

Bradford was sold as a 'one off payment ('secured loan') and we'll be reet' - didn't work of course.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: Seventies red "There were rumours circulating in the Hp bar last week that the club were talking to a person or persons in relation to the clubs future, but as you have alluded to, people are a little cautious after the Larvin debacle and a little reluctant to speculate to much.
We will just have to wait and see what unfolds over the next few weeks.'"

It's public knowledge that your board have been actively looking for an investor. As you say, given what happened with Larvin it's best that anything that might be happening remains out of the public domain until the deal is done.

Might get a better indication if/when anything formal comes from the club about the HDM story. As written it certainly doesn't sound like there's anybody lined up to take over yet.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: airlie "This is the time when you find out what the RFL are really like. Like we all know if it was Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington they would be straight out there helping out no problem.

Anyone else it dosent matter. They will have a good excuse now. Do we really need 2 Hull clubs in SL? '"

I don't understand why so many people have this opinion of the RFL. They were very significant in finding Bradford and Salford's new owners. They loaned Crusaders £700k with the ground as collateral. They bought Rochdale's share of their stadium. They bought the lease for Cougar Park to help Keighley.

But they only help the big clubs. And ironically, had they not helped Bradford, fans would complain that they didn't!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13190No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

'when my life is over, the thing which will have given me greatest pride is that I was first to plunge into the sea, swimming freely underwater without any connection to the terrestrial world' Yves Le Prieur, the real inventor of the aqualung:

It is obviously a worrying time, but I am sure the board will not just walk away and leave the club to go under, the one good thing about having passionate supporters running it is the love of the club would not allow this to happen, yes we may lose SL status, but eh, we have been there before and to be honest I would soon get over the upset and get on with it. I was only saying to my wife recently, I get to about 20% of away games in SL (mainly because of the timing of them), whereas in the NL I went to most of them and enjoyed them all (win or lose).

SL is an expensive business and a lot of clubs have been in our position over the history of the competition Bulls, Salford, Wakey and even our neighbours have been close to the edge. The problem is that there are only a few clubs who can sustain status without a sugar daddy to input cash, few have a self supporting business model and given the current state of the economy I doubt it will improve.

I am no expert, but if we did go belly up or even into administration, don't our directors become liable for the debts anyway as underwriters, maybe this will prevent them just walking away without successors.

I think we should spend a few seasons living within our means and building from youth, if this means bottom 4 for a few years, so be it, let the others chase glory. I doubt we will be the last club to have problems.

Whatever happens, I hope we get equal treatment to Bradford when the RFL should we go down the administration route.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2490
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Is any one supprised? They have done a great job getting the club to were we are now, I hope I am right that they have got the club to were we have no debt (except to the directors having to bankroll the club). If anyone wants to take over they won't have the mess that they started with. but as has been said before to make a small fortune from rugby you must start with a large fortune. I doubt there are many clubs in either code who can operate without directors dipping their hands in their pockets. Fans need to realise we are paying a pittance to watch the game our prices need to double at least & it is no use saying our fans can't afford it, if your fan base is that poor we will fail anyway. The days of getting an afternoon out at bargain prices has to end. I just hope the club can get through this as to fail would break my heart & what would I do on sunday afternoon.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Parking the 2006-2010 euphoria for a moment, the financial reality of Rovers journey so far is as follows:

2004 Net liabilities £0.1m
2011 Net liabilities £2.5m

However, it's likely Hudgell and Crossland will write off the debt owed to them that's included in that, so perhaps a clean slate for the new buyer?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Wonder if Allam could be interested? There's a lot of land around the stadium. Could be a better location for his new Hull City mega stadium than Melton...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8741
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Surely this is some sort of wind up? There is a long term strategy in place to allow the current coach the time to turn us into the greatest team SLE has ever witnessed. No way would NH & RC bail out when that process has started to bear fruit. Anyone who can't see this should be labelled as "short sighted". All hail CS and the wonderful work undertaken in the last 16 months.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: rover49 "I am no expert, but if we did go belly up or even into administration, don't our directors become liable for the debts anyway as underwriters, maybe this will prevent them just walking away without successors.

I think we should spend a few seasons living within our means and building from youth, if this means bottom 4 for a few years, so be it, let the others chase glory. I doubt we will be the last club to have problems.

Whatever happens, I hope we get equal treatment to Bradford when the RFL should we go down the administration route.'"

There's no indication that you're in any danger of going into administration. You current financial position is stable enough provided your directors keep pumping money in. All that's been said is that they're unwilling to do that for another season, not that they're unable or there's some ticking financial time bomb about to go off. As you say, not dissimilar to many other SL clubs.

Regarding spending a few seasons rebuilding on the lower reaches of SL, this appears to be specifically what Crossland and Hudgell are unwilling to see happen while they are in charge. Understandable for two passionate fans who have sunk a huge amount of their own cash into the club and given it some good times over the last decade.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: rover49 "
I am no expert, but if we did go belly up or even into administration, don't our directors become liable for the debts anyway as underwriters, maybe this will prevent them just walking away without successors.
'"

It is losses going forward and our inability to get by in SL without incurring them that is the pressing problem. What's gone they've paid for, effectively. They're just saying no more beyond this year. They've more than done their bit, I think it is fair to say. And by giving notice, there is an opportunity for others to offer alternative paths. Without new benefactors, the obvious destination is the Championship.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17123_1311448581.jpg
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17123.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "It is losses going forward and our inability to get by in SL without incurring them that is the pressing problem. What's gone they've paid for, effectively. They're just saying no more beyond this year. They've more than done their bit, I think it is fair to say. And by giving notice, there is an opportunity for others to offer alternative paths. Without new benefactors, the obvious destination is the Championship.'"
Yeah they are doing it the correct way.
As much as NH gets grief from certain quarters if we do this and bow out in the correct way then surely everyone can see that he and Rob has behaved very well in this situation.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1141No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Always said that the allams would buy rovers..

431 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
431 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2646484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Shinedown
22m
Game - Song Titles
Shinedown
24m