FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull KR > Time for Chester to go - the facts!
209 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SirStan "Out of the frying pan, into the wok.'"

Is Rowley a big Ken Hom fan.
Do we want Rowley. They were presented a chance for promotion and unravelled. The other Championship teams out performed Leigh.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "I still think people are under estimating the effect of the missing players. Early last season my rovers supporting mate was telling me that rovers were brilliant to watch and, until injuries started to bite, you were scoring a hat full of tries. Your squad is broadly the same as it was then with a few fringe players leaving and a few new ones being brought in so what has changed? Has chester suddenly started to tell players to do something completely differently? I doubt it so the only other factor is the loss of campese and your 2 hookers.

Last season radford was getting panned for our one dimensional rugby and our lack of try scoring ability. Fast forward 12 months and we've scored 15 in 2 games - same coach but better players overall. It's no co-incidence.

Doesn't seem to me that your board have any intentions of sacking him any time soon anyway'"

Of course the missing players are a big loss and yes rovers were playing some very good attacking rugby last season.
However, the fact remains that even with a full squad playing attractive rugby, we still had one of the worst defensive records in super league and finished outside the top eight, a fact that was supposed to be addressed during the close season
Up to now this hasn't happened and the old failings of last season are still very evident, I believe that time is fast running out for Chester and Poching who, for whatever reason seem unable or incapable of make any headway in addressing those failings any time soon.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sit down, Waldo "Yesterday we had 6 props, no back row rotation, no hookers & one half-back. Chessie has had no luck at all. Still doesn't excuse performances like that though.'"

It's not luck...there's a old Lee Trevino quote about luck. Was Alex Ferguson lucky for 30 years?

The players don't lack desire or commitment, they lack confidence. They are putting in the effort but they have lost belief in what they are doing.
For 4 seasons Morgan got better results against much better sides at that time, often with much worse players because he inspired the players....until his ego got the better of him.

Sandercock was a technically better coach but couldn't inspire anyone often because they were tret like children.

The players clearly have no faith in the nonsense being fed them.

Kelly and Horne's channel has been an open gate for the past season. I watched them Sunday. They never communicated once. Horne was ball watching every time. This is a coaching issue. Chester clearly has favourites but they are often our worst players.

The basics of coaching is build a good team....good players for each position..we have no second rows....none of any worth (Larroyer excepted) yet we have half a dozen utility backs He intended starting the season with Blair as our gun second row. We have no full back. He intended starting Sio there and apparently prepared preseason to....then changed his mind 30mins into the first friendly.
Lawler has been good but the role of a hooker is to distribute and read the game. He can't do either at the moment hence Kelly had men all over him due to half his passes hitting his bootlaces.
I could go on and on (I often do).
Chester needs putting out of his misery and given a job he can do.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Those proposing Rowley are way off the mark IMO, we need an experienced coach. We have never had an experienced coach since we got in to SL. We need someone who can come in and sort this mess out by stamping his authority on this squad.

RankPostsTeam
International Star334No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For a time, after Radford was given the coaches job at FC he was slagged off and accused of many things, but what he had and made very clear was that he had a plan, and that was to get rid of the free loaders and start building a squad from the ground up, and at this moment in time, with pearsons backing that is where they are. Following the Sandercock clear out, I for one thought we might have the same plan, but no, we just seem to limp from one cockup to the next without any clear direction or remit. This for me is the crux of our problems, no clear defined plan, and very poor communication with the supporters of the club. What we need as mentioned is somebody to take the club by the scruff of its neck and drag it in a positive direction. peacock can recruit who he likes, but if they aren't motivated they might as well have kept all our homegrown lads and saved money

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8741
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Grimsby Red "Those proposing Rowley are way off the mark IMO, we need an experienced coach. We have never had an experienced coach since we got in to SL. We need someone who can come in and sort this mess out by stamping his authority on this squad.'"

The only mentions of Rowley are coming from supporters of the champions-elect.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

If Rugby League Rocks, then Hull KR is its Soul.:

Quote: Rural Robin "For a time, after Radford was given the coaches job at FC he was slagged off and accused of many things, but what he had and made very clear was that he had a plan, and that was to get rid of the free loaders and start building a squad from the ground up, and at this moment in time, with pearsons backing that is where they are. Following the Sandercock clear out, I for one thought we might have the same plan, but no, we just seem to limp from one cockup to the next without any clear direction or remit. This for me is the crux of our problems, no clear defined plan, and very poor communication with the supporters of the club. What we need as mentioned is somebody to take the club by the scruff of its neck and drag it in a positive direction. peacock can recruit who he likes, but if they aren't motivated they might as well have kept all our homegrown lads and saved money'"

Chester cleared out after Sandercock all right, but look what he's recruited to date.

Campo. Brilliant but fragile and very costly
Lunt. Good but fragile and very costly
Kelly. Brilliant but fragile and very costly
Sio. Brilliant but coach unsure of his best position
Dixon. Flashes of brilliance but too inconsistent and cannot defend
Mantomato. Consistent and probably our best vfm new signing
Allgood and Tilse. Below average Aussie props.
Blair. Mr Versatile. No pace but a great defender and reader of the game. Our second best vfm new signing
Boudebza. Le Pocket Rocket. Getting better all the time. Our third best vfm new signing
Donaldson. Too small for back row, but brave and a good interchange. A good signing.
Thornley. Too early to tell. OK so far
Clarkson. Good defender. OK so far
Greenwood, Minns, Mulhern. Young with potential but that's it
Shaw. A wasted signing imo
Larroyer. Good player if deployed in the right way

We let Welham go but kept Salter.
We let Cox and Ollett go but kept Horne
We use Cockayne as starting fullback, but he is poor on distribution, high on mistakes and lacks pace and guile joining the attacking line. Ignores overlaps too.

18 of the 26 are Chester signings. It's his team following the Sandercock clear out. When they don't or can't perform like now, who is responsible? Certainly not Alan the kit man.

For me on the evidence of his time in charge, Chester is NOT a leader or a good enough strategic or tactical thinker. A proven coach with mentoring and motivational qualities is required.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47753_1430033772.jpg
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47753.jpg

Quote: Pickering Red "Chester cleared out after Sandercock all right, but look what he's recruited to date.

Campo. Brilliant but fragile and very costly
Lunt. Good but fragile and very costly
Kelly. Brilliant but fragile and very costly
Sio. Brilliant but coach unsure of his best position
Dixon. Flashes of brilliance but too inconsistent and cannot defend
Mantomato. Consistent and probably our best vfm new signing
Allgood and Tilse. Below average Aussie props.
Blair. Mr Versatile. No pace but a great defender and reader of the game. Our second best vfm new signing
Boudebza. Le Pocket Rocket. Getting better all the time. Our third best vfm new signing
Donaldson. Too small for back row, but brave and a good interchange. A good signing.
Thornley. Too early to tell. OK so far
Clarkson. Good defender. OK so far
Greenwood, Minns, Mulhern. Young with potential but that's it
Shaw. A wasted signing imo
Larroyer. Good player if deployed in the right way

We let Welham go but kept Salter.
We let Cox and Ollett go but kept Horne
We use Cockayne as starting fullback, but he is poor on distribution, high on mistakes and lacks pace and guile joining the attacking line. Ignores overlaps too.

18 of the 26 are Chester signings. It's his team following the Sandercock clear out. When they don't or can't perform like now, who is responsible? Certainly not Alan the kit man.

For me on the evidence of his time in charge, Chester is NOT a leader or a good enough strategic or tactical thinker. A proven coach with mentoring and motivational qualities is required.'"

Well said and true eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47753_1430033772.jpg
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47753.jpg

Quote: SirStan "The only mentions of Rowley are coming from supporters of the champions-elect.'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star2015
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/a27.gif
Hull kingston rovers.:Others/a27.gif

We look as though we are signing lauaki on loan from bradford. Thoughts ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: deslawson "We look as though we are signing lauaki on loan from bradford. Thoughts ?'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2150
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47557_1332937611.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47557.jpg

Quote: deslawson "We look as though we are signing lauaki on loan from bradford. Thoughts ?'"

We aren't short of props at the minute (unless there is an injury occurred that hasn't been announced) and if we were to sign a prop, it would have to be someone who's better than what we have.

I may as well get my boots on. I was a SH in my day but with the timber i've put on over the years, I think i could get in Stan's team at LF

RankPostsTeam
International Star2015
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/a27.gif
Hull kingston rovers.:Others/a27.gif

Quote: Jake the Peg "icon_lol.gif
Didnt think I would ever agree with you,but I do.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

No doubt this would lower our mistakes and penalties conceded!!!

If this is true then I give up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner25514No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I know things are tough at the moment, but Lauaki?

There must be better players out there surely, I don't know you cap and who would be released but even at Hull you would be better with someone like Hadley, Feka, Abdul or even Yeaman.

Rovers should have done a partnership with hull for the Reserves team (At the moment we share it with Donny) and then you could have maybe kept some of the younger players like Ollett and Esslemont, who would have been playing first team now.

Poor planning by Chester and Hudgel (I'll leave out Peacock as not really sure what role he plays)

209 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
209 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.01708984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
5m