JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

"]Going to a tight race for the 8, I can only see Rovers out of the bottom 4 challenging the 8 though.'"
]

gotta agree with this, I felt our weakness was up front and I dont see what we have done to improve it, centres look better to me tho Dave and Dixon could still become a class act. Finally..... the peacock effect. colour nailing 8th and cup final return.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24983No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: eastul105 ""]Going to a tight race for the 8, I can only see Rovers out of the bottom 4 challenging the 8 though.'"

gotta agree with this, I felt our weakness was up front and I dont see what we have done to improve it, centres look better to me tho Dave and Dixon could still become a class act. Finally..... the peacock effect. colour nailing 8th and cup final return.'"
]
Would agree more if Peacock was playing, not convinced Dixon will either be a top 8 player, too many weaknesses in his game, I think he is better on the wing were he finished the season positively for you.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

He's too short for a winger.

We need to spend and hopefully he's doing this already, all of our time putting bombs up into a swirling wind.

Then, after that, he needs to massively improve his passing game, particularly from left to right.

His elusive running game his is strength, and in broken field this is best utilised from full back.

I won't even go into last line of defence as I've done this many times before.

He reads offensive plays pretty well, but he doesn't call the defensive plays with enough author, I don't think he understands that aspect of the game at this level.

It's just not a question of telling your team to jam left or right from the play the ball, a full back has to have done his homework and be able to read the oppositions plays and make an educated decision about what they're going to do and then neutralise that.

For me, there's not been an all round complete full back since Lockyer was playing there, and the game has changed since then.

RankPostsTeam
International Star445No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree Dave, Sio at fullback and dixon on the wing for me. You can still utilise his blistering pace but feel safer with Sio at fullback defensively but still brings great attacking quality. Makes more tackle busts n all and gets your set starting quicker.

Dixon in open space is brilliant, so if you could play him outside thornley who can potentially slip him a few passes, he could be lethal. Remember his try at leigh in round 1 of the middle 8's, got slipped by his centre and nobody even tried to catch him.

Chris Chester needs to make a decision early doors and ensure he starts to build some partnerships with wing, centre and fullback. No point continually experimenting for me.

Forwards, i think you will see a completely different tilse and allgood this year, and with green coming on think we will be alright. We always made yards, it's defensive technique we need to work on in our middle. Too easy to make yards and quick play the balls.

RankPostsTeam
International Star621
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dave K. "I don't think it will be easy, what position were you in when Campese got injured, I'm sure you weren't in the top 8?

You might sneak into the 8, but I'd doubt it will be easy, you pack isn't good enough and I'd have concerns over the centre and FB position.

Going to a tight race for the 8, I can only see Rovers out of the bottom 4 challenging the 8 though.'"

This is bye no way any sort of excuse because the club knew this would happen but we went through a huge bedding in period last season and by the time things where looking up then the skip got injured it sort of drained the club, this season there won't be any sort of bedding in all our imports are here early and know what they will be up against after a year of being here.

Regarding the centres Salter played almost the full season after gouldings injury (which was a disaster in its self because he was a very good player) but that leaves thornley (who Wigan wanted to keep) and minns (2nd in the championship young POTY awards) to replace welham

Full back will be Ken sio so no worries in the slightest on that 1, Dixon Charlie or Shaw will play on the wing.

And i can see your point regarding the pack but if we can keep campo and Kelly fit then we can keep Blair in the back row with Clarkson and a new signing and upfront we did it really tough last year and looked pathetic at times so allgood coming back will be a huge boost and 3/4 into the season we had ruined Adam walker so hopefully a preseason under his belt we can get the 1st half of the season walker back 1 or 2 more props to come into add to tilse and the impressive green i hope we will be ok

Add to that a new more professional backroom staff all hand picked by our new football manager things will improve next season I have no doubts at all and all this is coming from 1 of the most pessimistic kr fans about

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

If Rugby League Rocks, then Hull KR is its Soul.:

On our 2016 squad thread, I have just posted a summary of Neil Hudgell's comments on RH Sportstalk tonight about our intention to sign another couple of forwards for 2016. As this is likely to happen, given the source, allied to other improvements and settled squad factors for now, I think Oafy's and others predictions of a better and more successful 2016 is a good bet. Time will tell, but reasons to be cheerful, 123.
BTW - I agree that Minns and Thornley are good upgrades at centre over Welham and Salter.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

The problem with the forwards was not only the lack of metres made but more worrying was the amount of easy ground given up.

This season we consistently allowed teams to take more than ten metres from every play the ball with one out rugby.

Hodgson used to shut that down, we desperately need to be more efficient around the ruck.

Once teams get a roll on us we hugely struggle, and then our awful goal line defence engages and we all know what happens after that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Sandro II Terrorista "The problem with the forwards was not only the lack of metres made but more worrying was the amount of easy ground given up.

This season we consistently allowed teams to take more than ten metres from every play the ball with one out rugby.

Hodgson used to shut that down, we desperately need to be more efficient around the ruck.

Once teams get a roll on us we hugely struggle, and then our awful goal line defence engages and we all know what happens after that.'"

Agree 100%. That's because we lost the arm wrestle in the collisions, resulting in quick ptb's. That meant we never got our markers set. We need to watch the video of Leeds v Wigan in this year's GF again and again to learn how it should be done.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.:

I think that the chairman said that we are looking at 1 or 2 new forwards. One prop and one backrower. Targets have been identified and the deals will be done if we can agree terms.

RankPostsTeam
International Star621
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: R.B.A "I think that the chairman said that we are looking at 1 or 2 new forwards. One prop and one backrower. Targets have been identified and the deals will be done if we can agree terms.'"

That's how i heard it and he said we still lack a bit of punch in the forwards

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5409No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

Think I'm the only one who would rather have Sio on the wing and Dixon at FB. As the goose says the days of an alround fullback are long gone, Hardaker is close but still has defensive lapses. Dixon's dropping of the ball was over emphasised as apart from Wembley he didn't drop any more than any other FB we had. Sio on the wing offers us an added attack threat with cross field kicks.
Dixon will be targetted on the wing by any big winger, at FB this is a lot harder to do.

I'm certain it wil be Sio at FB and he did ok in the small stint he did (against championship opposition) but I do wonder what he'll be like there against top quality opposition.

RankPostsTeam
International Star621
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: barham red "Think I'm the only one who would rather have Sio on the wing and Dixon at FB. As the goose says the days of an alround fullback are long gone, Hardaker is close but still has defensive lapses. Dixon's dropping of the ball was over emphasised as apart from Wembley he didn't drop any more than any other FB we had. Sio on the wing offers us an added attack threat with cross field kicks.
Dixon will be targetted on the wing by any big winger, at FB this is a lot harder to do.

I'm certain it wil be Sio at FB and he did ok in the small stint he did (against championship opposition) but I do wonder what he'll be like there against top quality opposition.'"

Dixon failed massively at full back he made his name on the wing at London then looked really good on the wing for us, Ken sio is head and shoulders above KD in both positions the guy is pure class

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5409No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

Quote: Oafy "Dixon failed massively at full back he made his name on the wing at London then looked really good on the wing for us, Ken sio is head and shoulders above KD in both positions the guy is pure class'"

Did he? Pretty sure the guy managed to get a number of MoM performances and was in the top 5 SL try scorers. I saw massive improvement in him at FB (Wembley aside) week on week. I think we're far too quick to give up on a player because the fans spot a weakness and can't see past it. Hardaker would look poor in our defensive line, its been said before a FB is no longer the last line of defence.

I agree on the wing Sio is head and shoulders above him both physically and defensively but has he really proved himself at FB?. He looked shakey in the first game he played there and dropped a lot of ball under no real pressure. The rest were in games against poor opposition that we struggled against. I think we lose too much out wide by moving Sio, just rewatch the magic weekend to see how much.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: barham red "Did he? Pretty sure the guy managed to get a number of MoM performances and was in the top 5 SL try scorers. I saw massive improvement in him at FB (Wembley aside) week on week. I think we're far too quick to give up on a player because the fans spot a weakness and can't see past it. Hardaker would look poor in our defensive line, its been said before a FB is no longer the last line of defence.

I agree on the wing Sio is head and shoulders above him both physically and defensively but has he really proved himself at FB?. He looked shakey in the first game he played there and dropped a lot of ball under no real pressure. The rest were in games against poor opposition that we struggled against. I think we lose too much out wide by moving Sio, just rewatch the magic weekend to see how much.'"

You're right. Dixon was more than OK at FB last year, his 1st season in this role, despite a Wembley Horror Show and a couple other below par games in the position. He was excellent on the wing too.

Sio was good on the wing and post Wembley at FB, but like Dixon he had the odd sub par and costly game, most notably on the wing in the home Hull derby.

Both are excellent players with flair and strike and need to be in our starting 13, interchangeable as required depending on the opposition.

For me, Sio's physical strength and Jarryd Hayne style running lines make him more of a threat at FB from deep and when joining the line than Dixon. He is a better passer and tackler too. He could be a Dream Team contender in this position next year. That said Ryan Shaw also offers us further credible depth and flair at FB and wing and Charlie is non too shabby either.

If Thornley starts at right centre as is likely, he is tall, strong and physical and will compete for the high balls better and will score more tries as a result. If my memory serves me correctly, like Goulding before him he used to be a provider of tries for Charnley at Wigan and can set up good try scoring opportunities for his winger from this position than Salter can. Whoever is on the wing outside him, say Dixon to begin with, would also be a major beneficiary of any extra space and ball supply.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2490
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

At the begining of this thread I was looking forward to next season My 53rd season since I first went to the old craven park as an 11 year old. But having studied the fixture list I have taken the decision not to bother with a season pass & I doubt i will get to any games. Only 4 home games on a Sunday, I just wont go to night games as I dont get home untill after midnight & having to hang around the station for well over an hour is just what I dont want on an evening. I was looking forward to taking my grand daughter but no way can I take her on thursday or friday nights. I have written to the club but I doubt it will do any good? for me it as been awfull to realise that I wont be going anymore & any claims to be a family club are now gone it is a club for anyone but families. It is one of the sadest days of my life & feels like a bereavment.

61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.4443359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
Recent
Watson toast
Willzay
Recent
have the rules changed
Spookisback
Recent
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Alffi_7
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Wakefield H
Peter Goddar
17s
Odsal lease up for sale
Wigan Bull
40s
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
44s
Shopping list for 2025
Chris71
1m
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
3m
Watson toast
Willzay
3m
Bradford
BigTime
3m
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
3m
Salford - Away
pmarrow
3m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
Fathead96
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
Willzay
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
RfE
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
TODAY
Saints h
Zig
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
batleyrhino
TODAY
Arthur In
KaeruJim
TODAY
Wakefield H
Peter Goddar
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
Or thane
TODAY
Academy Internationa
Winslade's O
TODAY
Jamie Humphreys NRL Debut
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
York v Dons Sunday 14th July 2024 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Warrington v Wigan Super League game to take place in Las Ve
Saddened!
TODAY
Las Vegas Official
TF and the w
TODAY
have the rules changed
Spookisback
TODAY
FC v hull kr
Jake the Peg
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,693 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
St.Helens
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
WSL2024
WiganW-St.HelensW
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10