JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The club......as many institutions has eaten itself.

After saving it the board has made it a self indulgent play thing. Without them it wouldn't exist. However they have brought about this relegation. See Peacock...Eugene.....Cockayne....Horne......Clarkson .......etc etc. Some they have indulged others treated appallingly.

The last 3 years have been a mess.
The board should 'sober up' and start again before this institution fails to exist.
As some have posted getting out this new division will be an epic effort

RankPostsTeam
International Star2363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hungover bad..still no voice . Apologies if posts were taken offence at last night. Still can't quite believe the manner of the loss but we will go again and will be interesting to see hudge s response to this

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: craig hkr "Hungover bad..still no voice . Apologies if posts were taken offence at last night. Still can't quite believe the manner of the loss but we will go again and will be interesting to see hudge s response to this'"

It's the manner of the defeat I can't take why when there's 3 mins left are we still putting high kicks to the corner I'd of just put the kick into the in goal and hope for a repeat set or right at the end hold the player down give the penalty away at least we'd have chance to set the line but I suppose it's easy to say that watching

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach386No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: craig hkr "Hungover bad..still no voice . Apologies if posts were taken offence at last night. Still can't quite believe the manner of the loss but we will go again and will be interesting to see hudge s response to this'"

Horrible way to lose any game, especially when you had been in the lead pretty much for 80 mins.
You'll be back soon, sooner than us if we went down.

Best of luck next season

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47753_1430033772.jpg
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47753.jpg

I hope hudges response is lets get out their and get back we have a decent coach at last i hope back him any how the board can and lets get back to super league

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2192
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19906_1401464150.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19906.jpg

Quote: jools "How convenient you missed it. You can continue to be outraged without being a hypocrite then. Just as well the hudds fans didn't react the same as the KR fans did when goaded eh!'"

No, you both behaved impeccably.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4124
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sandro II Terrorista "I'm going to ignore your last sentence.

I in no way condoned the behaviour of any Rover's fans today, and if you check my posts, I praised the way your fans behaved last week and there was a lot of camaraderie, which was great. I approached several groups of Huddersfield fans and congratulated them, why wouldn't I, I've lived in Huddersfield for over twenty years.

There undoubtedly were Rover's fans who were being tits last week, I won't take responsibility for them, but today was different.

It won't be Salford fans off here because I really think that the majority of RL Fans posters believe in the game.

I don't want to get too deep into this, because i'll only be accused of bias.

But the Huddersfield fans were massively sporting in their victory last week, the majority of Salford fans (and it was the majority) were not.

I get that they're happy at survival, and well done, but what happened after the game was not what Rugby League is about.

Rover's need to have a serious look at their match day management, I only ever see the Rozzers there on Derby Day. When it kicked off today it took them at least ten minutes to respond'"

You're right about the management. There were several Rozzers outside the ground some seemed to be protecting the Salford coach and others were standing on the road leading outside the ground. I thought it was odd as I have rarely seen such a police presence outside a Derby game. Given the understandably emotionally charged atmosphere there should have been deployed in the ground in front of the Salford fans. I can understand that after the final whistle they wanted to be on the pitch celebrating with the players however this should have been stopped. No fans should be allowed on the pitch because there is a likelihood that it's going to kick-off and that includes Hull fans. Look at what happened after the Scottish Cup Final earlier this year and the Cas v Widnes semi-final. It would have been difficult to police but if fans are strictly warned beforehand that anyone doing so will be filmed and fined this will stop them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Marcus's Bicycle "You're right about the management. There were several Rozzers outside the ground some seemed to be protecting the Salford coach and others were standing on the road leading outside the ground. I thought it was odd as I have rarely seen such a police presence outside a Derby game. Given the understandably emotionally charged atmosphere there should have been deployed in the ground in front of the Salford fans. I can understand that after the final whistle they wanted to be on the pitch celebrating with the players however this should have been stopped. No fans should be allowed on the pitch because there is a likelihood that it's going to kick-off and that includes Hull fans. Look at what happened after the Scottish Cup Final earlier this year and the Cas v Widnes semi-final. It would have been difficult to police but if fans are strictly warned beforehand that anyone doing so will be filmed and fined this will stop them.'"

If the police had been in front of the salford fans there probably wouldn't have been an invasion and in turn our fans wouldn't have entered the pitch

RankPostsTeam
International Star4124
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Geoff Tipps "The players and those concerned who are vocal within the media go on about player welfare and how this MPG setup is detrimental regarding their mental welfare and we should feel sorry for players and coaching staff who are on the end of the affects of losing the MPG ......Well, boo f**king hoo! .....After constant poor performances and underachieving playing a sport that they love and being in a position that the majority of fans can only dream of (in the sense of earning well above the minimum wage for turning up for a few hours a week to train and play a weekend game doing something that they love) they will in no doubt be picked up by some professional or semi professional club in the game and carry on earning well above the minimum wage for what essentially amounts to working 12 hours a week (I say working, but I'm sure that all those who actually work a 9-5, five days a week would call playing rugby as a job a privilege) .......They are not the true victims of a relegated team within the world of rugby league .......Once again, boo f**king hoo!

The true victims are the staff who have kept the day to day running of the club a reality for the previous decade. They have worked tiredly on the most meagre of wage and week in week out have gone above and beyond to make sure that the stadium is maintained and cleaned for the next match day, make sure that the media outlets are to the best they can do given their situation, make sure that the retail side of things are the best they can do and make sure that the match day liaison employees do the best they can, and they have all done this on the most basic of wage simply because they love the club .......They are the true victims because now we have dropped out of the Super League they will be the ones who are sacrificed to save money and will now have to join the dole queue .......They will be sacrificed because the powers that be will want as much money as possible for the club to spend on players ......It's 2008 all over again! ......Remember 2008? ......I know that most like to credited our illustrious Chairman for pumping millions into Rovers for that great season of 2008, but the reality is that he didn't. Instead he made the majority of his staff redundant so he could spend their annual income on bringing the players of 2008 to Hull KR ......Unfortunately, I expect the same to happen again, only the staff is now so skeleton that I don't know where he can make them redundant without making the running of the club like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind ........Maybe this multi-millionaire should go cap in hand to Allam again to lend us a million pound to keep us a float!

Staff at Hull KR will in no doubt be made redundant because of our relegation, but I think the real victims will be the community at large ......The Community Trust department at Hull KR is funded by Sky TV and not the RFL (How sad is that?) .......They receive £100,000 a year from Sky to employ their personnel to provide the Summer Camps and events they have done and to go into the local schools to promote the game of rugby league to the children of the area ........Sky only fund Super League clubs, so now that we are no longer a Super League club I guess that the Community Trust and the work they do will no longer be able to do what they do .......So sad.

And, for the record, I don't blame any of our players whatsoever for our demise.......Why should I expect Championship standard players to suddenly become world beaters simply because they put on a red and white jersey? ........The blame lies higher .......It's as simple as that!'"

This is the most impressive post I've read on RL fans forum. It's the staff will suffer the most.

RankPostsTeam
International Star888No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Willzay "I'm guessing Bull fans are getting nervous that there's a bigger fish taking over their small pond.'"

Spend a couple of years in the championship watching other clubs take your best players and then we'll compare fish(?).

Not sure if you follow the Championship but Bradford aren't top dogs. I'm fact we're not even in the top four.

Commiserations, it's not great being in the position that you're in but I'm sure your fans are loyal enough to carry the club through it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1592
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fun time frankie "If the police had been in front of the salford fans there probably wouldn't have been an invasion and in turn our fans wouldn't have entered the pitch'"

Suggest you watch the footage. Are you all in total denial?

RankPostsTeam
International Star334No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

With regards to the pitch invasion, having been there and witnessed the appalling behaviour of firstly the minority of the Salford fans followed by an even smaller minority of Rovers fans, I have to say the goading by a few Salford fans of the Rovers players and the East Stand was only ever going to end one way. There are idiots the follow all sides and they will react given the chance. The farce on the pitch at the end hurt me more than losing the match and I hope everybody from both sides that were involved in the fighting get lifetime bans.

RankPostsTeam
International Star325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67604_1341575758.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67604.jpg

Quote: Giantscorpio "I object to that, even after the shocking season we have had our actual away support has increased. And Hull.F.C have no cause to crow about away crowds, the other year when you were down in 8 to 10 position you only brought about 2 busfulls so just think back before you start crowing about away support. We took just short of 1000 to HKR last week.'"

That was your biggest game of the season, its hardly surprising you managed to take a few more fans.

To try criticise our away support is laughable, we are constantly one of the best in the league despite usually having nothing to cheer about and the longest distances to travel.

We take the most fans to the magic weekend every year, usually outnumber Wakey and Cas fans when we play there and just outnumbered Wire by more than 2:1 in a cup final.

Your numbers might be improving but they're not even close to ours.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: spegs "Suggest you watch the footage. Are you all in total denial?'"

Seeing as you seem to be stalking me I was actually at the game so don't need to watch footage Salford fans entered the pitch twice rovers fans entered after both wrong but fail to see why I'm in denial last week Huddersfield were in the same position yet they stayed on the stand and celebrated and there was no trouble

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Airlie Street "That was your biggest game of the season, its hardly surprising you managed to take a few more fans.

To try criticise our away support is laughable, we are constantly one of the best in the league despite usually having nothing to cheer about and the longest distances to travel.

We take the most fans to the magic weekend every year, usually outnumber Wakey and Cas fans when we play there and just outnumbered Wire by more than 2
In defence of Huddersfield fans everytime they've come to our place they bring as many fans if not more than half of the SL teams onlyHull Wigan Leeds wire bring more and when I've seen them on sky they always have a decent following

178 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
178 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.6171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
just_browny
9m
Salford H
Dave K.
12m